Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which scent type is your favourite when it comes to candles?

Floral Scents (rose, peony, gardenia etc) 0.2411214953271 24.1% [ 129 ]
Food Scents (vanilla, cinnamon, caramel etc) 0.28971962616822 29.0% [ 155 ]
Earthy Scents (wood, leather, dirt etc) 0.21121495327103 21.1% [ 113 ]
Fresh Scents (linen, seabreeze, etc) 0.25794392523364 25.8% [ 138 ]
Total Votes:[ 535 ]

honey spice's Honey Bun

Hardcore Bibliophile

Calelith

ORDER IN THE COURT!:
REHABILITATION:
User Image

Cale, my ever disappearing friend, hello emotion_hug

9//10
I think I've told you very many times over the years that I love this avi and always will because it's almost flawless so there's that. My only issue with it is the feet. I wish that the boot/foot accessories were either stronger against the backdrop so that they stood out a little more (making it easier for the eyes to travel down the leg) OR removed completely so that the blue skin could be seen more to make it also sand more while connecting visually to the face.

Of course this will be rehabbed though User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Dailanie

You know me, I'm never going anywhere. Though I've become more of a lurker then a poster in the last few years.

I wish I could just leave the blue of the feet/legs, but without the anklets/boots it would, at least to me, feel a bit more top and middle heavy without that added silver from the anklet/boots.

On a really random side note, I need to make a new avatar....I have a WIP but just not sure what direction to continue with it.

Also, yay!
emotion_awesome

Fashionable Romantic

Dailanie
Fatcat Overlord
Haha omg no, don't suggest that. I'll end up bombarding your thread. lol Either that or linking you to the gallery and asking for a rehab on everything. lol

Honestly though, desserts are super yum so I can't even be mad about that mission.

Speaking of clogging up your thread, could I get an Order, Contempt and Rehab on this little guy? Spoiler in case I change it.

User Image
User Image

//hovers over the block button
PROBLEM SOLVED lol

Right? Who can be mad at desserts!

7//10
This is very cute and the setting is perfect, I'm just not sold on either one of the butterfly effects. The blue butterfly glow seems out of place in an otherwise realistic setting and the yellow butterfly on the otter's face is so small that I couldn't make it out as a butterfly at first - it sorta looked like a smudge or scar ;w;

I'm sorry, we cannot rehabilitate you at this moment in time yum_tea

User Image

Oh no! Not the block button!! D;

Thanks for the rate, I can totally see where you're coming from. Darn you - I checked what it looked like without both and it is clearer. The only thing is that it takes me down to 7 items including the cloak and I don't know how to feel about that... emotion_facepalm

Loving the song as well, super chill vibes.

honey spice's Honey Bun

Hardcore Bibliophile

Calelith
You know me, I'm never going anywhere. Though I've become more of a lurker then a poster in the last few years.

I wish I could just leave the blue of the feet/legs, but without the anklets/boots it would, at least to me, feel a bit more top and middle heavy without that added silver from the anklet/boots.

On a really random side note, I need to make a new avatar....I have a WIP but just not sure what direction to continue with it.

Also, yay!
emotion_awesome
User Image

It's hard to get away from this place for good that's for sure. I pop in from time to time to buy items but I've been sucked in again so I'm here to stay for a little while haha
At least you still post in my threads, that's all I could ask for emotion_awesome

Fair enough, there was a LOT of detail and bulk in that avi so I can see how you would need to balance it out towards the feet.

Have you caught up with exploring all the new items that come out for dudes or are you mostly still using older items for your WIPs?
You should try making a regal avi - a bit of a challenge away from the roughed up warrior types you usually do User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

honey spice's Honey Bun

Hardcore Bibliophile

Fatcat Overlord

Thanks for the rate, I can totally see where you're coming from. Darn you - I checked what it looked like without both and it is clearer. The only thing is that it takes me down to 7 items including the cloak and I don't know how to feel about that... emotion_facepalm

User Image

I try to block you but my fingers say no - so I guess I'll keep you around a little longer lol

Understandable, and the butterflies as a concept are a really good addition, I just wish we had better butterfly items on the site. A lot of them are either older butterfly items with low detail resolution, they glow, or there's too MANY butterflies so it fills the scenery too much.

Sons of Zion, Six60, and Katchafire are some of my fave chill groups. Their music is always a vibe.

User Image

Lunatic

☆ミ(o*・ω・)ノ

Hi Lanieee, just stopping in to say ily and I hope you're doing well bby! emotion_bigheart 4laugh

ヾ(´・ω・`)

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Dailanie

Yeah, that's for sure. I've been um given quite a few temp bans from Gaia over the years and yet I still keep coming back and probably will keep coming back until either my account is perma banned (though i do have my original account that has basically nothing on it), the site goes down, or I just honestly no longer have a reason to return as a whole.

Yeah, you know me and detail with my avatars
xd

I have, but I just don't have the money to buy GC like I use to in the past and I'm basically broke when it comes to plat up here as well....that and 95% of the 'decent' items are inflated to high hell, so I've mostly just continued to stick with older items with maybe one or two newer items thrown it when it works with what I'm going for.

I do have a WIP, or did, for a more regal/knight styled avatar, but didn't pan out the way I had hoped.

honey spice's Honey Bun

Hardcore Bibliophile

kuroreo
☆ミ(o*・ω・)ノ

Hi Lanieee, just stopping in to say ily and I hope you're doing well bby! emotion_bigheart 4laugh

ヾ(´・ω・`)
User Image

Eeeeeee Hatsuuuuu my bby!!
I love you and miss you! I'm doing as well as I can be, I hope you are too! ;w;
Hope you're staying safe and happy heart

User Image

honey spice's Honey Bun

Hardcore Bibliophile

Calelith

Yeah, that's for sure. I've been um given quite a few temp bans from Gaia over the years and yet I still keep coming back and probably will keep coming back until either my account is perma banned (though i do have my original account that has basically nothing on it), the site goes down, or I just honestly no longer have a reason to return as a whole.

Yeah, you know me and detail with my avatars
xd

I have, but I just don't have the money to buy GC like I use to in the past and I'm basically broke when it comes to plat up here as well....that and 95% of the 'decent' items are inflated to high hell, so I've mostly just continued to stick with older items with maybe one or two newer items thrown it when it works with what I'm going for.

I do have a WIP, or did, for a more regal/knight styled avatar, but didn't pan out the way I had hoped.
User Image

God Cale, just give in and listen to your Gaian overlords, then they won't ban you so often lol
I will say I'm honestly surprised you haven't already been perma banned, with how often I used to hear that you'd been temp banned lmao (please don't tempt them to do it, I can't lose you as well on here! ;3; )
I remember a few years ago when everyone was freaking out about Gaia potentially shutting down. It doesn't seem as inevitable nowadays but there's always that thought looming over everything lol

Honestly you and your detail lol I don't think I've ever seen you with just a plain basic avi haha I was always so envious of your level of detail

I feel you on that. I banned myself from buying GC because it was just never worth it in the end, but then you do have to face the inflation in the MP :L
At least you still have a fairly decent invo of old items! I feel bad for anyone coming back from hiatus who had a very small invo when they left, because they won't be able to find older items on the MP because they almost never have listings, and they won't be able to buy the newer items because they all start at almost 2T each :L

Ooooh show me show me, I'm curious!

User Image

honey spice's Honey Bun

Hardcore Bibliophile

Fashionable Romantic

Dailanie
Fatcat Overlord

User Image

I try to block you but my fingers say no - so I guess I'll keep you around a little longer lol

Understandable, and the butterflies as a concept are a really good addition, I just wish we had better butterfly items on the site. A lot of them are either older butterfly items with low detail resolution, they glow, or there's too MANY butterflies so it fills the scenery too much.

Sons of Zion, Six60, and Katchafire are some of my fave chill groups. Their music is always a vibe.

User Image

I swear I keep thinking I've already replied to these. ><

I think the closest we'll get to those are the various moth items but I admit, I don't have too many of them in my invo at the moment so they were left out.

I'll take a look at the bands when I get a chance!
In the mean time, could I ask for a Order, Contempt and Last Meal on this current avi?

honey spice's Honey Bun

Hardcore Bibliophile

Fatcat Overlord

I think the closest we'll get to those are the various moth items but I admit, I don't have too many of them in my invo at the moment so they were left out.

In the mean time, could I ask for a Order, Contempt and Last Meal on this current avi?
User Image

Haha don't worry, I've been doing that all week, my brain has been so all over the place replies are just slipping my mind lol

Ooh yeah actually the moth items surprisingly have really nice floating moth poses. Most of them are so expensive though for really no reason. Forlorn Luna is one I love but yikes the price for those little mothies ;w;

8//10
LET THERE BE FIYAH! Even with a rather simple scene you've made a really impactful environment as always. The burn is just detailed enough without being comically overdone. The points off are really only because this is less of an OOMPH than your other avis in the past and so my eyes are finished looking at everything quite quickly (if that makes any sense at all sorry it's late...)

This very specifically reminds me of the spun candied caramel that's used to decorate cakes and other desserts.
User Image

And I 100% see some drunk delinquent starting this fire so this song was appropriate.

User Image

Lunatic

☆ミ(o*・ω・)ノ

Dailanie
User Image

Eeeeeee Hatsuuuuu my bby!!
I love you and miss you! I'm doing as well as I can be, I hope you are too! ;w;
Hope you're staying safe and happy heart

User Image

Miss you too emotion_kirakira I've been doing well, tryna change up my entire lifestyle has been a bit of a toughie but champing through it! emotion_zombie

What have you been up to recently?

ヾ(´・ω・`)

honey spice's Honey Bun

Hardcore Bibliophile

kuroreo
☆ミ(o*・ω・)ノ

Miss you too emotion_kirakira I've been doing well, tryna change up my entire lifestyle has been a bit of a toughie but champing through it! emotion_zombie

What have you been up to recently?

ヾ(´・ω・`)
User Image

Are you changing up your lifestyle because of Covid or something else? o: Hopefully things go smoothly for you emotion_hug

Not a lot! My country went back into lockdown about 2 months ago and so I've just had a lot of free time haha That's what pushed me back onto Gaia. I've really just been filling my days with as much reading and small hobbies as possible

User Image

Fashionable Romantic

Dailanie
Fatcat Overlord

User Image

Haha don't worry, I've been doing that all week, my brain has been so all over the place replies are just slipping my mind lol

Ooh yeah actually the moth items surprisingly have really nice floating moth poses. Most of them are so expensive though for really no reason. Forlorn Luna is one I love but yikes the price for those little mothies ;w;

8//10
LET THERE BE FIYAH! Even with a rather simple scene you've made a really impactful environment as always. The burn is just detailed enough without being comically overdone. The points off are really only because this is less of an OOMPH than your other avis in the past and so my eyes are finished looking at everything quite quickly (if that makes any sense at all sorry it's late...)

This very specifically reminds me of the spun candied caramel that's used to decorate cakes and other desserts.
User Image

And I 100% see some drunk delinquent starting this fire so this song was appropriate.

User Image

Lol, I've got my wishlist/quest pretty much set already so I'll keep an eye out for those moths only if they're at bargain prices. emotion_awesome

Let me start with the song! YES! So I haven't listened to Nickelback before (at least, I don't think I have or don't remember having heard them. I've heard of them but haven't listened to their stuff...I think) BUUUUT that song fits the avi so well and I love the kick on it.

Yes to the dessert too!

As for the critique.... HoW DarE YoUUUUU. I get where you're coming from with this. Actually, I was hoping to find more black speckled items in my invo to have more soot/ash on the top and bottom of the avi too but the closest I got was the mole from Masquerade. It's not that it isn't finished, but like you said, I think it could be improved.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff