Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mega Nerd

10,025 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
-l- lovelysmile -l-
what can i do with http://tektek.org/avatar/47104447 to make it look as expensive but keep it cheap >.<

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Not perfect, but hopefully there's some ideas there you like. Good luck!

Bashful Bookworm

17,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100
User Image
A shepherdess makes quite a mess...

The Comet Breaker has hair pretty similar to the Ringmaster doll, and they even have his eyes in Salon Durem now <3
vs.
or there's the SD Plus Aoife eyes, which are a million, but still considerably less than a Ringmaster dollie.

... but little lambs are lovely.

The Frogger's Pardner

Man-Hungry Pirate

15,025 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Nii Amikasame
User Image

Love Song - 100k+
SDPlus #160 Coustou - 700k+

You can also add little Lucie (Or masquerade but Lucie is cheaper) to that to get the half lidded eye thing!

Fashionable Prophet

4,400 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
Waking Buddha

Cute finds always looking for a deal. I try and buy cheaper items since I only buy gc once in a while.

Shy Sweetheart

Sorry if this is a repost, but when I need to use the Secret Retreat belt, I use Morpheus instead. They're
bascially the same except one has a heart and the other doesn't. razz (The funny thing is that I own both
of these items but I still use the cheaper one).

Secret Retreat- 972k

Morpheus- 37k

Fashionable Gaian

Bubu the kitty plushie so much cuter and a good substitute if you don't have the kiki pushie. :}

Liberal Ladykiller

8,450 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
This is a great idea actually. Sorry I can't contribute anything off the top of my head. Carry on! cat_whee
You pretty much named all the once I could think of other than the gift boxes you can buy in the cashshop/marketplace that look like this present in the Ebenezer ei.

Sparkly Fairy

16,200 Points
  • Cosmic Repairman 75
  • Astral Veteran 100
  • Alien Invasion 50
Does anyone know of a cheap alternative to the blue eyes in Oisin's Blessing. They're actually called Dark eyes but are blue and I love them, but can't afford them. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Wheezing Wench

Um I'm not really big on trying to recreate a more expensive look since the price really means nothing to me. Instead I spend more time looking for items that look way more high quality than their price tag would suggest. But trying to make it look like the fancier items never made sense to me. It's like in those fashion magazines where they have the "GET THE RUNWAY LOOK" sections only you just end up looking like a cheap ripoff and lose all the gorgeous quality that was the best part of the runway clothes in the first place. Idk maybe I just have a weird thing about pixelation quality on gaia. (and fabric quality irl) lol

But that Peter's Youth vs Thief Doll is a great example since quality really has no difference, and it's the facial expression you want.

Bashful Bookworm

17,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100
Plexiglass Prism
Um I'm not really big on trying to recreate a more expensive look since the price really means nothing to me. Instead I spend more time looking for items that look way more high quality than their price tag would suggest. But trying to make it look like the fancier items never made sense to me. It's like in those fashion magazines where they have the "GET THE RUNWAY LOOK" sections only you just end up looking like a cheap ripoff and lose all the gorgeous quality that was the best part of the runway clothes in the first place. Idk maybe I just have a weird thing about pixelation quality on gaia. (and fabric quality irl) lol

But that Peter's Youth vs Thief Doll is a great example since quality really has no difference, and it's the facial expression you want.

For me, it's kinda like trying to express the same thing but in a different way. Like obviously, the Mana seed + Rainbow Lisa is not nearly as nice as Princess Manner, but the face sort of expresses the same emotion.

I like it cuz it's fun and tricky, like creating cheap outfits that look fancy for the outfit MP 3nodding

Wheezing Wench

Read All Over
Plexiglass Prism

For me, it's kinda like trying to express the same thing but in a different way. Like obviously, the Mana seed + Rainbow Lisa is not nearly as nice as Princess Manner, but the face sort of expresses the same emotion.

I like it cuz it's fun and tricky, like creating cheap outfits that look fancy for the outfit MP 3nodding
Ah yeah I get that. haha And there are lots of cheap items that are gorgeously done as well. I just tend to buy things because of the way their pixelated ya know? So instead of buying something that looks like a cheaper version of a more expensive item, I'll just buy a completely different cheap item that looks nicer. xD I guess I care more about how nice an item looks rather than the theme of the actual item usually.

Hot Lover

I like the style of Wendy doll's eyes. That doll is like 5mil. The runcible spoon has similar style eyes, but is only 300k. Now in this case, I don't care about the eye color so I'd say I saved myself 4.7mil gold! xD

Also all the devil tail alternatives are nice too!! heart
The Vivid eyes are similar to the Ringmaster and Sandman eyes but are way cheaper.
Vivid only costs 2,700 gold.
The Ringmaster costs over 10 million gold and the Sandman costs just over 1 million gold

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff