Welcome to Gaia! ::

Games
Would it be possible to get working servers on the classic games? They hold a lot of nostalgia for a lot of people and I think it would mean a lot to those who take the time to get Waterfox and adobe.

Friendly Visitor

26,675 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • The Edgiest 250
f41
Features
when is towns 3 coming out? I asked this about 1.5 years ago and the answer was "soon"
if it's not coming out can y'all at least tell us that it's not coming out so we can stop having hope

Asking this again because it wasn't answered.

Hi,

Just a regular community member like you, but have been following the news regarding Towns 3 for awhile. While there hasn't been a specific date given for Towns 3 release there's been a number of Gaia company updates mentioning the subject matter as well as questions answered in ATS. To list all the times information was shared would be very difficult, so I'm just going to list some of the quotes from the past year below:

Lanzer
We're testing home customization, though this will be released much later

User Image
For full context, please see Source: Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2022
Lighte
Newzpop Reporta Tyro Bong
Towns 3

Any updates to share regarding the Towns 3 project? smile

User Image

Here is some early concept art for the main plaza (compliments of LOcke). This is where users would gather and events would be held. There's also a fishing area, of course!

As of right now, we're working on some concepts for individual elements so they can be translated to 3D models.

We're also working on the music now!
Source: Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2022
[NPC] Gaia Staff
Quote:
Games
I know Towns 3 is coming in the next few months, so does that mean the return of houses? And relatedly, sorry I know this is a second question, but will the old furniture items work in the new houses?

We're currently working on customization for Towns 3 and it will be introduced shortly after the initial release. Unfortunately the new system is completely different, so the old housing items wouldn't be compatible. Old housing items are 2D but the new Towns will be in 3D.
Source: Posted: Tue May 03, 2022
Lanzer

Here's a recent screencap

User Image
For full context, please see Source: Posted: Tue May 24, 2022
Lanzer
Currently we're busy with the release of Towns/Rally 3, and we're looking for some additional developers to convert cards and slots, while there are a lot of older flash games that will need a bit of wait before we can get to converting any of them. As a team we had decided to place more time and effort on newer experiences such as the Gaia Adventures platform than on the older games, as we think that many of them had run their course.

I haven't gotten around to it, but porting a number of those games into Adobe Air platform as downloadable games is an option too.
For full context, please see source: Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2022
[NPC] Gaia Staff
Quote:
Features:

How many players would be able to play together in one server for towns 3?

At the current state the limitation is only on the client render speed. Though things start to get impractical when everyone on the screen is talking at once, so there might be a limit of about 50, though we can create instances to support more. We will be testing various limits to see what the sweet spot should be.
Source: Ask the Staff - 30 August 2022
admin
As always, our development team has been hard at work! We've temporarily split Towns and Rally into separate features to allow for faster load times and to make debugging more efficient. We'll make Towns 3 available as soon as we've made sure that all multiplayer aspects and core functions are working properly, but the Open Beta for the new Rally should be ready this week!
Source: September Company Update: Flashback Flairs! (2022)
Lanzer
Zach
Games
Are we getting fishing released when we are getting towns? I thought it was said somewhere it was, but haven't seen anything on it for awhile now.

The new Towns will have fishing as part of the release, yes. It's not the same game as the old fishing game but a more simple game though.
Source: Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2022
admin
With most of the major work on Towns completed, we’re once again focused on the Runway update. We’re adding in some additional features, but expect it to be ready before the end of month. After that, we'll take care of a few smaller updates before moving onto the inventory system enhancements that we have queued up.
For full context, see Source: November Company Update: Very Important Things! (2022)
admin
Greetings, Gaians!

We hope you've been having a wonderful winter so far! Our most recent improvements to the new game server have led to it running much better. We are aware, though, that some users are still experiencing connection errors. With that in mind, we'll continue to make adjustments so we can address those issues. By the way, if you haven't visited the new Rally 3D yet, we'd love for you to spend some time there and let us know if you have any feedback!
For full context, please see Source: December Company Update: Let It Snow! (2022)
Lanzer
There are still a lot of work for Towns to do, though we should be able to share an open beta soon.
For full context, please read Source: Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2022

Though I'd like to specifically point out these quotes from previous ATS threads 3nodding :

Lanzer
Virgined
Features

so you ever gonna release the new towns or you just gonna keep saying next week

No this time we're gonna say "this week".

Though it's gonna be Rally first, Towns is pretty much ready but we figure it's easier to manage the bug list if we do this one map at a time.

We added some last minute lighting effects and it caused performance issues. Gotta optimize (bake in) the lighting effects so it runs faster, and we should have an open beta tomorrow or by Thursday. The link already works but we don't want to share the current build just yet.
Source: Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2022
Lanzer
Enamell
Games
Will all the games/hangouts follow the same route as Rally and be rebooted in 3D?

Not necessarily, only towns, rally and fishing are developed in 3D space right now.
Source: Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2022
Lanzer
Captain Damnit
Games

are there any updates on Fishing?
I recently got it to load and miss the hangout aspect of it (because no one can use it anymore lol)

There's a bit of a delay in the new Towns 3 with fishing, will keep you posted when the open beta is ready.
Source: Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2023

TL'DR: No Towns 3 release date given yet. Rally 3D, Towns 3 and New Fishing are still in development.

Take care.

VixNeko's Partner In Crime

Sparkly Fairy

features/games

I think a good idea to help draw in new users would be to update the gaia go app more than what it is. Mostly it's just for LK, changing outfits and forums with the app version of runway (catwalk).
I think if we could add other games to it (like cards, word bump, slots, etc) that we could do on there aside LK and catwalk for fun, it might be a bit more entertaining to use the app. For a lot of gaians like myself the app is basically useless at the moment aside from playing LK on the road. which gets boring after a bit.
another great add to it would be the ability to use the marketplace on the app. As an app that's supposed to be "gaia on the go" we can't really do much of the basics on it. Like listing items (which if done from web browser on mobile is a NIGHTMARE), trading, dumpster diving and messaging our pals.
I think as most people spend more time on their phones vs an actual computer, having an app that is more representative of the actual site would be a better draw in for new people. plus you can make an ad for the app and maybe mention in app or on the add to visit the website blah blah blah. Just a decade old users insight to maybe a brighter future for gaia.
I'll take my leave now.

Mega Gaian

Items

Ever since the fantastic LK Capsule and Daily Chance updates, we've had a broader selection of common 'budget' items, and that's great.  However, eventually those items will oversaturate the market, so we need a few item sinks to even it out.  That's what Alchemy is for, of course, so I have a suggestion.

There are lots of great Paw items circulating for 1p right now.  Some users have complained about this, both because they don't use Paws themselves and because those items sell very slowly.  A lot of those items have human counterparts, so why not give us alchemy recipes to swap Paw items for human ones?

Some examples:

100x User Image for User Image
100x User Image for User Image
10,000x User Image for User Image

This would give non-Paw users an incentive to keep and buy Paw items, without taking any out of the capsule and daily circulation. Everyone wins! Set the price of the formulas high if you want a little gold sink too.

Backwoods Pirate

Features/Games

Might it be possible to add tickets and charms to Spinami? They drop pretty rarely in daily chance, and you need a lot to get the really good items/items for alchemy.

Charms are available in lake kindred, yes, but the regular charms are tougher to get than the snowflake ones, and it's really tough to get tickets, right now.

Adding them to Spinami might get more people using the gcash option

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Features
Daily Cart

Quote:
comgrazzles

Your reward is...
General Tank - Night Camo

The T-Rex of cars.
Trade-in your car to a "Concept Car" and apply this skin to it in the car inventory.

This is now the 8th one I have gotten since the changes. You said you would get to it. Well, the sooner the better. Because I am now frustrated to a max degree. If you insist on putting these into the DC, at least make sure it is THE ONE that is NEEDED in alchemy. And none of these are.

Edit: I am also STILL finding aquarium items in the dumpster given by Admins. You promised to fix that too.

Second edit:
Quote:
Your reward is...
General Tank - Urban Camo

The T-Rex of cars.
Trade-in your car to a "Concept Car" and apply this skin to it in the car inventory.

Makes it 9. That's TWO in the last seven days! Now I am really pissed!

Thank you

Drizz's Wife

Impetuous Sheep

Pledge Flair Suggestions:
Could Gaia please consider releasing these existing icons as flairs for usernames? With corresponding glows. I think they'd be pretty cute~
User Image User Image User Image User Image
Animated especially would be nifty.
Sheep could bound and Woolords could float with wing flaps.

I'd buy every one of'em.

Neziar's Pardner

Fashionable Fatcat

34,375 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Waffles! 25
  • Are You Jelly? 500
lilloulou
Items:
Since it was confirmed that there isn't any new birthstone items this year, how about re-releasing the old ones in one of the cash shop on a monthly basis so people could have a new chance to get them? Or, since it's a little late, either extend January or release more than one month at a time?

i second this
(though we got birthstone flare bunnys when we already had birthstone fliars, I'd like the chance at old january items in shops again)

High-functioning Lunatic

8,950 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Tycoon 200
Events
Is there any chance of a Gaia panel or something at a convention this year? There doesn't seem to be any mention of a IRL event right now and I'm just curious if this could possibly happen?

High-functioning Lunatic

8,950 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Tycoon 200
sourberryguts
Games
Would it be possible to get working servers on the classic games? They hold a lot of nostalgia for a lot of people and I think it would mean a lot to those who take the time to get Waterfox and adobe.
I agree. I've been all by myself in the servers when I log on too. Half the fun was going online with others. Also, its been super laggy on Waterfox. I don't know if that is the browser because of Flash or something Gaia related?

High-functioning Lunatic

8,950 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Tycoon 200
f41
Features
when is towns 3 coming out? I asked this about 1.5 years ago and the answer was "soon"
if it's not coming out can y'all at least tell us that it's not coming out so we can stop having hope

Hi,

Just a regular community member like you, but have been following the news regarding Towns 3 for awhile. While there hasn't been a specific date given for Towns 3 release there's been a number of Gaia company updates mentioning the subject matter as well as questions answered in ATS. To list all the times information was shared would be very difficult, so I'm just going to list some of the quotes from the past year below:

Lanzer

User Image
Lighte
Towns 3

User Image

Here is some early concept art for the main plaza (compliments of LOcke). This is where users would gather and events would be held. There's also a fishing area, of course!

As of right now, we're working on some concepts for individual elements so they can be translated to 3D models.

[NPC] Gaia Staff
Quote:
Games
I know Towns 3 is coming in the next few months, so does that mean the return of houses? And relatedly, sorry I know this is a second question, but will the old furniture items work in the new houses?

We're currently working on customization for Towns 3 and it will be introduced shortly after the initial release. Unfortunately the new system is completely different, so the old housing items wouldn't be compatible. Old housing items are 2D but the new Towns will be in 3D.
Lanzer

User Image
Lanzer
Currently we're busy with the release of Towns/Rally 3, and we're looking for some additional developers to convert cards and slots, while there are a lot of older flash games that will need a bit of wait before we can get to converting any of them. As a team we had decided to place more time and effort on newer experiences such as the Gaia Adventures platform than on the older games, as we think that many of them had run their course.

I haven't gotten around to it, but porting a number of those games into Adobe Air platform as downloadable games is an option too.
[NPC] Gaia Staff
Quote:
Features:

At the current state the limitation is only on the client render speed. Though things start to get impractical when everyone on the screen is talking at once, so there might be a limit of about 50, though we can create instances to support more. We will be testing various limits to see what the sweet spot should be.
admin
As always, our development team has been hard at work! We've temporarily split Towns and Rally into separate features to allow for faster load times and to make debugging more efficient. We'll make Towns 3 available as soon as we've made sure that all multiplayer aspects and core functions are working properly, but the Open Beta for the new Rally should be ready this week!
Lanzer
Zach
Games
Are we getting fishing released when we are getting towns? I thought it was said somewhere it was, but haven't seen anything on it for awhile now.

The new Towns will have fishing as part of the release, yes. It's not the same game as the old fishing game but a more simple game though.
admin
With most of the major work on Towns completed, we’re once again focused on the Runway update. We’re adding in some additional features, but expect it to be ready before the end of month. After that, we'll take care of a few smaller updates before moving onto the inventory system enhancements that we have queued up.
For full context, see Source: November Company Update: Very Important Things! (2022)
admin
Greetings, Gaians!

We hope you've been having a wonderful winter so far! Our most recent improvements to the new game server have led to it running much better. We are aware, though, that some users are still experiencing connection errors. With that in mind, we'll continue to make adjustments so we can address those issues. By the way, if you haven't visited the new Rally 3D yet, we'd love for you to spend some time there and let us know if you have any feedback!
For full context, please see Source: December Company Update: Let It Snow! (2022)
Lanzer
There are still a lot of work for Towns to do, though we should be able to share an open beta soon.

Though I'd like to specifically point out these quotes from previous ATS threads 3nodding :

Lanzer
Virgined
Features

Though it's gonna be Rally first, Towns is pretty much ready but we figure it's easier to manage the bug list if we do this one map at a time.

We added some last minute lighting effects and it caused performance issues. Gotta optimize (bake in) the lighting effects so it runs faster, and we should have an open beta tomorrow or by Thursday. The link already works but we don't want to share the current build just yet.
Lanzer
Enamell
Games
Will all the games/hangouts follow the same route as Rally and be rebooted in 3D?

Not necessarily, only towns, rally and fishing are developed in 3D space right now.
Lanzer
Captain Damnit
Games

I recently got it to load and miss the hangout aspect of it (because no one can use it anymore lol)

There's a bit of a delay in the new Towns 3 with fishing, will keep you posted when the open beta is ready.

TL'DR: No Towns 3 release date given yet. Rally 3D, Towns 3 and New Fishing are still in development.

Take care.

Yes. If we can't fix the issues on Waterfox, can we at least get the Towns 3 stuff up and working?

Friendly Visitor

26,675 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • The Edgiest 250
Aya Ratclif
f41
Features

Hi,

Lanzer

User Image
Lighte
Towns 3

User Image

[NPC] Gaia Staff
Quote:
Games

Lanzer

User Image
Lanzer

[NPC] Gaia Staff
Quote:
Features:

admin
Lanzer
Zach
Games

admin
admin
Greetings, Gaians!

Lanzer

Lanzer
Virgined
Features

Lanzer
Enamell
Games

Lanzer
Captain Damnit
Games

Take care.

Yes. If we can't fix the issues on Waterfox, can we at least get the Towns 3 stuff up and working?
Hi...uh...I'm honestly unsure of why I'm being quoted here sweatdrop I wasn't complaining I was just answering a question. (I'm just a regular community member like you.)

That being said:

admin
As for Towns 3, we have decided that it is not currently up to our standards. That's why we've decided to enlist some additional help to get it there. We're sorry to have kept you waiting so long, but we don't want to release something that we can't 100% stand behind.
For full context, please see Source: January Company Update: Happy New Year! (2023)

It'll come out when it comes out.

Nostalgic Spirit

78,300 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Old World Deity 500
Features: Dress Up - "Go to marketplace"

Unfortunately, Lanzer's update currently doesn't work. The button "Go to marketplace" does not open up a new tab, but instead functions as before (replacing the current window). Would Lanzer be able to look into this again?

Party Pup

Items/Events
With the upcoming 20th anniversary upon us, I was wondering if we'd ever see a sash similar to the ones gifted to us so long ago? The one's with our year of start on them as a celebration gift? I love the idea, I know some folks might not, but the old version doesn't layer with any of the new items so I can't really wear it.

If not for the 20th, since I am sure that's been planned for a while, then maybe someday in the future?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff