Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
User ImageRubber Balls - A Freebie Arty CollabUser Image

Welcome to Rubber Balls, a freebie thread run by Just A Lullaby and Capt Harlock Jr, two fearless heroes battling against the fierce monsters of the universe for the freedom of all...

wait, wrong storyline.

-ahem-

So, bad jokes aside, I once again welcome you to our freebie thread! The idea for it came about as Capt Harlock Jr and I were chatting away and I decided I wanted to draw, and she decided to join me. Obviously this is a very good thing for those of you out there who enjoy art of the free kind. You know it's true!

Fearless Heroes Have No Rules! But Morals Maybe...?
1. Respect everyone in thread. If you don't, you will recieve nothing.

2. Understand that Capt Harlock Jr and I do have lives, and your freebie may sometimes take a while to get to you. Be patient and check the thread regularly, and your art should get to you within a day or so.

3. Tips are appreciated, but not needed :3

4. Please thank the artist who makes you a freebie, even if you don't like what you recieve. We spend a lot of time drawing these, and a thank you makes our day!

5. In your post, please indicate which artist you would like to draw you, what you would like them to draw (ie. if you have an OC, please post some kind of reference) and what type of drawing you would like based on our seperate examples. This helps keep us sane, and also speeds up the drawing process emensily.

6. Follow the terms of service. Should I even have to say this? It should be kinda obvious.

7. If we do not feel like drawing you, please don't cause a scene. We don't mean it personally, and will usually try to find a way to draw something else for you, but sometimes it is just too much to draw an avatar with 2000+ items and a background.

8. Please don't beg if we don't pick you. We probably didn't for a reason, and if you refuse to fix that reason or let us work around it, don't think begging will help any.

9. Stealing art is a big no no. Free does not mean "Free to claim as your own." It just means you don't have to pay for it. That does not make it any less our artwork. Please respect this.

10. Be nice, have fun, and keep fighting the good fight!

Now, to the art! biggrin

My Examples
Chibi: [x]
Head Shot: [x][x]
3 Quarter: [x]

Disclaimer: All of these examples were done on the computer, and some of my freebies may be made in the same way. However, I find it easier to draw on paper, so your freebie may end up as traditional art (If you would like an example of my traditional art, check the 5th page of this thread). There isn't really a difference, just thought you should know.

Waiting List - Closed for the Night

I take 5 requests at a time. When all the places are full, they won't be open again until all original 5 requests are finished. Please keep that in mind!

Now see below for Capt Harlock Jr's post (which is so much better than mine!) biggrin

6,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
Samples:

Now this is where you judge me.

Okay I whipped this up very early:

The Styles:

User Image

"Ewww ... look at that horrid pencil colouring!" You may say but I was bored and just testing to see if I could colour in pencil. Clearly the answer was no. (Don't worry no picture will be in pencil)

Yes. THESE ARE THE STYLES YOU CHOOSE FROM. SIMPLE.

A bit fuzzy ... only because I scanned it through a different computer.

Samples:

User Image

(What can I say? I like Vertical Inc)

User Image

User Image

User Image

(This is fan art of Taralen. Her characters. My picture.)

Yeah, yeah. "They are all normal". But I hope more chibi samples come up too. Also I probably should do more digital colouring. Oh well.

Oh before you ask - yes I can draw male Chibis. Just felt like drawing cute things - so I whipped up some random designs and they happened to be girls.

THIS IS A DRAW ON FROM MY ART SHOP ARCADIA DREAMS. I was lazy and didn't finish up on it.

Btw. All artwork from me is lineart because this is a freebie and I take forever with colour.

Opened :3

I'll take 5 slots:
1 Moontalon (again X3 )
2 Rewayna (again :3 )
3 []
4 []
5 []

Reserves:
Before the Damned

Completed:

kairikittykeeper, The Tasmanian, Apple-blossome, Demonic Brat Child, Angelic iGirl, Moontalon, Rewayna
OPEN biggrin

Skilled Combatant

7,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Hey Just a Lullaby, try mine in a 3 quarter with out the demonic circle in the background?
My avatar and OC are one in the same. Interested?

6,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
The Tasmanian
My avatar and OC are one in the same. Interested?

Sure as long as you post which artist you want and what style! :3
Before the Damned
Hey Just a Lullaby, try mine with out the demonic circle in the background?

I'll give it a shot. Just a question though:
What kind of drawing would you like? (See examples)

Lonely Smoker

"Hello, Just A Lullaby. I'd love for you to try and draw my avatar? Background unnecessary."User Image

Skilled Combatant

7,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
i fixed my post, since i saw you updated. smile

Dabbler

[ Just a Lullaby, would you care to draw me a headshot? o: ]
@ Before the Damned: Okay, thank you biggrin

@ Little Wallflower: Sure, but what style?

@ too_often_tempted: I'll give it a shot...a head shot ;D
*shot for lame joke*
Hn~, I'll bite the hook on this one!

Chosen Artist: Capt Harlock Jr
Style: Chibi #2
Reference: Either one of the below avatars, artist's pick ?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

6,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
kairikittykeeper

Drawing now :3
Capt Harlock Jr
kairikittykeeper

Drawing now :3

Danke, Miss Harlock~.

Skilled Combatant

7,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
*sits and waits patiently*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff