Welcome to Gaia! ::

Versatile Browser

What's your least favorite part of the the digital making process? I'm doing lineart for a piece right now and I just realized how much I loathe lining a work digitally. I become super impatient lol emotion_yatta
I hate lineart, too. Painting digitally is so much more fun after I gave up on it for the most part. haha ;;

I guess for me the worst part is the time between creating a sketch and throwing colors on it, and the point where your blobs of color have taken shape. That's usually where I have the most frustrations and are most likely to give up on a piece.

Aged Codger

Lineart can be a pain, but so can just drawing digitally in itself. I think the thing I dislike the most is needing to stop work for a few hours or even a few days and having to come back to it. I usually hate what I've already done and don't have a lot of motivation to complete it unless it's a commission.
Before I found a program in which I could line neatly and quickly, I hated making the lineart. I just never adjusted to it very well in Photoshop, and so I gave up doing it. Until I found MyPaint, and now it's not so bad. It's tolerable, and most of my things are lined.

I don't think I have a least favorite thing, to be honest. There are some things more tolerable than others, and some things less tolerable.

I really don't have anything to complain about. ._.;; I enjoy the process of creating digital art. Some days I flake out on shading, but *shrug*.

Versatile Browser

MooMooJuice
I hate lineart, too. Painting digitally is so much more fun after I gave up on it for the most part. haha ;;

I guess for me the worst part is the time between creating a sketch and throwing colors on it, and the point where your blobs of color have taken shape. That's usually where I have the most frustrations and are most likely to give up on a piece.

Oh, i can relate! I like painting too because you get right to it, but it takes a lot of time for me, so I don't do it too much for deadline stuff. Yeah, seeing that blobby mess makes me stop working on a piece for a period of a time making the time used to finish the piece longer haha emotion_facepalm

Ruthless Mage

10,350 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Member 100
  • Friendly 100
I dislike shading, more so if it is black or white unless there is another colour involved as a subtle undertone such as red, orange, yellow or blue.

Obsessive milonguera

When all seems done, I spend too much time just playing with little things. Subtle changes of colour, shadow, highlights... little bits.

It is much easier to let go of a traditional piece.

Versatile Browser

A.D.1492
When all seems done, I spend too much time just playing with little things. Subtle changes of colour, shadow, highlights... little bits.

It is much easier to let go of a traditional piece.

THIS. I agreeee. The little tedious things at the end can sometimes be really annoying and the drawing will never truly be complete, because there are so many things you fix in so many ways in the digital format gonk

Dangerous Lunatic

Neatening everything up, and resizing.
Such a damn pain.
Drawing clothes, mostly because I'm pretty bad at shading them and making them look realistic, putting the folds on them correctly etc.
probably everything besides line art.

O.G. Partier

Flatting. Every time when I paint I just kind of throw color blobs everywhere to pretend that I'm not flatting, and later fix where they went way outside of where they should be. I mostly stopped working with lines so that I could skip flatting as a step altogether.

Every time I flirt with the idea of comic creation I just kind of give up halfway through flatting panels.

Flatting is the worst. It's like being a clumsy kid with a crayon all over again but now the disapproving kindergarten teacher is in your head.

Timid Ladykiller

Lineart used to be a really killer for me cause I just couldn't get it right, and everything looks so messy. But as soon as I got comfortable with it I started looking forward to it. Flatting is boring but its also simple and relaxing before I have to get into coloring, and my good god coloring.

It stresses me out, getting the right colors, shades, highlights, where the hell are the shadows, just urgh! One day I'll figure out how to color. One day. I still don't even have a system. Every time I go to color I'm trying different things trying to find ANYTHING that I'm comfortable with. Its always a bust though. One dayyy...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff