Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gracious Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

User Image

Welcome!

I am your host, Kanari Moon-sun, and I am now accepting applications for the Miss Art Scholarship Pageant.

heart The Miss Art Scholarship Pageant of 2012 is up! Visit here heart

This art pageant is for talentet women to display their art skills for the title of Miss Art 2012. Last years competition was a success, but we strive to make this one better! If you have any questions, please share them. If you wish to make any donations, please send them to Miss Art 2011

Information

If your interested in being a contestant, here is what you should know. Our first prize for winning is 500,000 gold, second prize is 200,000 gold, and third is 100,000 gold. All other contestants wil recieve varying amounts of gold, but no less than 25k. Awards based on skill willl also be recieved and all contestants get a badge at the end of the Pageant.

If your interested in being a judge, here is what you should know. You will be responsible for the review of each artwork done by the contestants and give what you like and dont like about each peice. Discussion will be held in private messaging. You are also responsible for pointing out any skills that each contestant has.

If your interested in being a member, here is what you should know. There is a 5k membership fee, but once you pay that fee, you are entitled to unlimited membership in all Miss Art Scholarship Programs and will recieve more gold in the thread. This will also allow you to play the members games listed on the main site.

We proudly sponsor The Gaia Lounge, Donating Angels of Gaia, Gaia Business District, and Gaia Online Magazine!

User Image User Image User Image

Gracious Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

User Image

What we need:

Contestants:
We need as many contestants as we can. Right now we are looking for a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 15 contestants. You must be a girl, both on Gaia and in real life, must have artistic abilities. We prefer CG art, but pencil, paint, sculpture art is acceptable. There is a joining fee of 5,000 gold, in which you have to send a trade to Miss Art 2011.

Judges:
We need a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 10 Judges. You must have experience in art and would like submissions of your own work/mini-shop as proof.

Sponsors:
We would like sponsors for the event prizes and for our a Guild that we sponsor. We can offer free advertising to large donations and free event memberships. All donations go to the event and Gaia Online Magazine.

Gracious Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

User Image
Recently Asked Questions:

Q: I'm not sure I understand, you're charging 5k per contestant to enter, but you haven't got a prize to offer?
A: There are prizes. For those who entered last year, the top prize is 500k and each contestant gots a minimum of 10k. That price setting is still the same for this year. As for itemized prizes, those are not listed until that start of the pageant.

Q: I am a 2d and 3d artist and I was hoping to show off both types, but I am unsure if you will take my 3D.
A: As for art forms, it will depend. Show me the best of each of your categories. Overall, as long as your art meets the required assignments, it should not be a problem. But note that you will be up againt CG Artist, Traditonal Artist and many others.

Q: And the contest says something about a scholarship but no other details, I was hoping you could shed more light onto that.
A: The Scholarship is basically 500k for first place, 300k for second, and 200k for third. The other places run from 100k to 10k.

Applications:
When applying, please turn off all text formatting.

Contestant Application:

[align=center][color=#800080]
I would like to become a Contestant!
I, [INSERT NAME], understand that am responsible for the points taken off due to late submissions. As a contestant, it is also my duty to respect the judges and other contestants. failure to comply will result in termination of my application.
[/color][/align]

Judge Application:

I would like to become a Judge!
Art Samples:
Any Art Shops:
I, [INSERT NAME], understand that I am responsible for the judging of the contestants based on the guidelines and not by popularity. As a judge, it is also my duty to respect the contestants and the other judges. Failure to comply will result in the termination of my application.
[/color][/align]

Sponsor Application:

I would like to become a Sponsor!
Donation Amount:
Affiliation Banner:
[/color][/align]

Members Application:

I would like to become a Member!
Headshot code: [Visit http://www.gaiaonline.com/export, copy and paste the headshot avi bbcode]
I, [INSERT USERNAME], understand that by signing this application and paying the fee that I am entitled for unlimited membership as long as I folllow the rules, respect others, and play responsibly. Violation of any of these terms will result in the termination of my application.

Gracious Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

User Image

Processed Applications:

Contestant Applications:

iMystical Mist

Art Samples:Sample
I, iMystical Mist, understand that am responsible for the points taken off due to late submissions. As a contestant, it is also my duty to respect the judges and other contestants. failure to comply will result in termination of my application.

lovelylovablerose

Art Samples:http://misrosechan.deviantart.com/
I, Kareen (rose), understand that am responsible for the points taken off due to late submissions. As a contestant, it is also my duty to respect the judges and other contestants. failure to comply will result in termination of my application.

Fuzzzy-Logic

Art Samples:http://kingfuzzzy.deviantart.com/
I, Fuzzzy_Logic (Sarah) , understand that am responsible for the points taken off due to late submissions. As a contestant, it is also my duty to respect the judges and other contestants. failure to comply will result in termination of my application.

Silver Queen Mercury

Art Samples: My Samples
I, Silver Queen Mercury, understand that am responsible for the points taken off due to late submissions. As a contestant, it is also my duty to respect the judges and other contestants. failure to comply will result in termination of my application.

x-Wretched Egg-x

Art Samples: Samples
I, x-Wretched Egg-x, understand that am responsible for the points taken off due to late submissions. As a contestant, it is also my duty to respect the judges and other contestants. failure to comply will result in termination of my application.

avriscarell

Art Samples: http://amifeelingcreative.tumblr.com/ (Not much, I only recently started drawing like I do now.)
I, avriscarell, understand that am responsible for the points taken off due to late submissions. As a contestant, it is also my duty to respect the judges and other contestants. failure to comply will result in termination of my application.

MissLeading09

Art Samples: Samples!
I,MissLeading09 (Courtney), understand that am responsible for the points taken off due to late submissions. As a contestant, it is also my duty to respect the judges and other contestants. failure to comply will result in termination of my application.

Usagi No Zetsumei

yush

Art Samples: all samples are located here
please keep in mind the further down a picture is the older it is the newer stuff is located up top.

I, [Usagi No Zetsumei], understand that am responsible for the points taken off due to late submissions. As a contestant, it is also my duty to respect the judges and other contestants. failure to comply will result in termination of my application.

Rinasa1

Art Samples: http://dumg.deviantart.com/gallery/
I, Jewel, understand that am responsible for the points taken off due to late submissions. As a contestant, it is also my duty to respect the judges and other contestants. failure to comply will result in terminatio

Pang_the_Third

Art Samples: Here
(There's nothing much since I don't usually upload my art.. But I'll populate them soon xd )

I, Pang_the_Third, understand that am responsible for the points taken off due to late submissions. As a contestant, it is also my duty to respect the judges and other contestants. failure to comply will result in termination of my application.

Symphony of Sil3nc3

Art Samples:[x][x]
I, Symphony of Sil3nc3, understand that am responsible for the points taken off due to late submissions. As a contestant, it is also my duty to respect the judges and other contestants. failure to comply will result in termination of my application.

Judge Applications:

Sponsor Applications:

Original Lunatic

I, iMystical Mist, understand that am responsible for the points taken off due to late submissions. As a contestant, it is also my duty to respect the judges and other contestants. failure to comply will result in termination of my application.

Gracious Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
iMystical Mist

You have been accepted and added. Please send the admission fee to Miss Art 2011

Original Lunatic

Kanari Moon-sun
iMystical Mist

You have been accepted and added. Please send the admission fee to Miss Art 2011

Awesome, but can you provide a link?~

Gracious Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
iMystical Mist
Kanari Moon-sun
iMystical Mist

Awesome, but can you provide a link?~

Here you go: [x]

8,500 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Clambake 200

I, Kareen (rose), understand that am responsible for the points taken off due to late submissions. As a contestant, it is also my duty to respect the judges and other contestants. failure to comply will result in termination of my application.

Gracious Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
lovelylovablerose

Accepted and added. Please finish the transaction with Miss Art 2011!

Dapper Noob

4,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100

I, Fuzzzy_Logic (Sarah) , understand that am responsible for the points taken off due to late submissions. As a contestant, it is also my duty to respect the judges and other contestants. failure to comply will result in termination of my application.

I have 2 questions for you, I am a 2d and 3d artist and i was hoping to show off both types but I am unsure if you will take my 3D.

And the contest says something about a scholarship but no other details, I was hoping you could shed more light onto that.

Anyways I would like to try my luck

Gracious Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
Fuzzzy-Logic

I have 2 questions for you, I am a 2d and 3d artist and i was hoping to show off both types but I am unsure if you will take my 3D.

And the contest says something about a scholarship but no other details, I was hoping you could shed more light onto that.

Anyways I would like to try my luck

[color#800080]

Accepted. Please send a trade to Miss Art 2011.

As for art forms, it will depend. Show me the best of each of your categories.
The scholarship is basically 500k of Gaia Gold for first place.

I'm not sure I understand, you're charging 5k per contestant to enter, but you haven't got a prize to offer?

Gracious Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
Mimed
I'm not sure I understand, you're charging 5k per contestant to enter, but you haven't got a prize to offer?

There are prizes. For those who entered last year, the top prize is 500k and each contestant gets a minimum of 10k. Thats price setting is still the same today. As for itemized prizes, those are not listed.

Dapper Noob

4,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items