not be entering at all. 0.10824742268041 10.8% [ 21 ]
be a pollwhore. 0.48453608247423 48.5% [ 94 ]
Total Votes:[ 194 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 145 146 147 > >> >>> »|

Dapper Shapeshifter

✖Grotesque Minds✖
Think Alike

User Image
A Joint Contest between Johnny777Nny and Sidle Valen.

Starts: May 2009
ENDS: February 27th! No exceptions!

No more extensions.

Table of Contents
Post 1- Intro, Deadline
Post 2- Idle's Contest
Post 3- Nny's Contest
Post 4- Prizes
Post 5- Submissions
Post 6- RULES, Judging Information
Post 7- Links In and Out

Dapper Shapeshifter

✖ IDLE ✖

About Idle
Just your average recluse, lives on Titan, the moon of Saturn and likes to eat babies. Draws uglies, monsters, and gore for relaxation and likes blood, boobies and buttsecks. Very sophisticated and well rounded individual.

The Contest
Draw any of these 3 characters: Sidle, Kotake, or Nine.
Click the ✖ for references.

User Image
Nine
A quiet boy. His mannerisms are awkward and tweaked, never really quite human. He's sad, and more than a little melancholy. He likes animals and music, using them to distract from his overbearing fear and sadness. Is in a strange symbiotic relationship with a parasite named Perplexity. It's not required to draw them both but you'll get extra points for showing both him and Perplexity.

User Image
Sidle
A pseudo-monster. Domesticated. mostly. Masochistic with a taste for torture.not indestructible, but nigh unstoppable. has poor depth perception. can be pacified with candy. Likes to dismember others and self. Refers to himself as an It. Can draw his "human" form or Monster form.
Monster ✖ Monster ✖

User Image
Kotake
A fiery woman who's lived her life through turbulence. She's hot tempers and stubborn, but she's learning She's an Usra Vorey ( an Original species created by Idfection and Sidle Valen). Most of her temper is just a cover for her feeling of complete worthlessness. She's had a pretty rough life, yo. But yeah You can draw her being violent or in skimpy clothes. She hates wearing that sort of stuff...but uh I like her in that stuff so yeah xD And yes her hands ARE reversed, but I won't hold much against you if you over look that. Just a little resentment that's all.

Dapper Shapeshifter

✖ JOHNNY ✖

About Nny
Johnny is your average furry, roleplaying, videogaming, blood-hungry Gaian. He enjoys french fries, rainy days, and getting punched in the face. He also loves artwork, and drawing, though he won't admit it if you ask. Some favorite characters include Pyramid Head, Big Daddies, Voldemort, Trent Reznor and Sandslash.

The Contest
Draw either of these two characters, separate or together.
So: Nny, Nnyraptor, Nny/PyramidHead, Nny/Nnyraptor
Click the ✖ for references.

User Image
✖Nny

An anthromorphic red fox with purple hair.
Main Ref
-Pair Him With: PyramidHead from Silent Hill

User Image
✖Nnyraptor
A Dromaeosauridae Dinosaur.

Or you can check out my Fox VS Raptor! website.

Dapper Shapeshifter

User Image
✖~~PRIZES~~✖

✖ Idle's Prizes

First Entry Gets Green Corallus Egg - Jak~fantard was first.

Best Overall
If more than 10 entries in Idle's Contest
Chyaku Norisu Scarf
If less than 10 entries in Idle's Contest
Dark Halo

Best of individual Sidle, Nine and Kotake
If at least 3 entries for EACH character.
*~ 40k each ~*

Bonus Prize for Monster/It Sidle
Must be colored and/or show decent effort.
*~Dark Halo ~*

Best Pose
If at least 10 entries in Idle's Contest.
*~CelestialWrap ~*

Most Inspiring
*~Lunar Scythe ~*

Cutest Image
*~Mecha Form ~*

✖ Johnny's Prizes
Johnny777Nny
✖ Johnny's Prizes

Best Overall

Mmikio

Ancient Katana
This is undeniably the best entry in my mind. There was lots of time and thought put into this piece, as evidence from Mikio's initial entry. Everything is spot on awesome. Nny's devilish glee at maiming something, his tie, his bloodied fur. The texture of it all is amazing! The blood splattered background is also a perfect touch. So much detail and thought was put into this, plus he was finished so early. Mikio, you definitely deserve this prize!

Best Nny

-1st Red_Head01
*~ Summoning Tome ~*
Nny is putting on his raep face and I LOVE IT. The loose coloring style, the almost awkward, bent position, so creepy and so cool.

-2nd Saraphiel
*~ 12k ~*
Ohgod the cuteness, it is slowlllly killing me. In the best way possible. Also, purple fingernails=win.

-3rd Lord_Pudding
*~ 8k ~*
I really love the style here, the sort of cross-hatch coloring that adds just enough. Plus, I am eating french fries, and if you knew me in real life, you would know this is a constant thing. If there were no potatoes I would probably be dead.

Best Nny/PyramidHead

-1st Godfrey Potter-Lockhart
*~ Superior Form ~*
My one hope in making this category was to get some sexy art. And I think this is succeeding! Oh, if only there were color... bloody, delicious color. I cannot deny that this entry still makes me happy in ways that I cannot detail here. n_n *foams* Plus, Godfrey you are my art slave anyhow, mwahaha.

-2nd RequiemOfTheWoods IMAGE MISSING
*~ 15k ~*
For this entry, as well as your other art of Nnyraptor, I believe you heartily deserve a big prize. The Nnyraptor drawing is devilish and cute at the same time ... I REALLY would like the link to the other image though, as the Nny/PyramidHead one seems to have disappeared!

-3rdDamnablyDelicious
*~ 10k ~*
You also did two entries, both of which I love and go along with my gore obsession. I love the color on the Nny one and I love you had time to do two entries.

Best Nnyraptor

-1st Idfection
Assassin's Guise and 10k
WHAT IS THIS, ugh. He is so sexy and awesome and colorful and candy delicious and fluffy looking... and I really love this and I want to make a sticker of it to go on all my notebooks. n_n Makes me sooooo sooo happy.

-2nd purplef1sh
*~ Mythic Hair ~*
This. Is. Soooo awesome. I love, love this realistic approach on Nnyraptor. He is most certainly not a furry here, he is a dinosaur and he is hungry and he will attack you if you wander to close. He is so menacing, and so REAL. I would love to see this piece more finished, as it truly makes me super duper happy.

-3rd youkai_hanyou
*~ 18k ~*
Beautifully colored, and so much time was clearly spent on this. There were so many good entries in this category, I had to up the prizes and the number of people winning, because there's just so much good stuff going on! Nnyraptor's glowing eye is an especially nice touch. <3

-4th GlassMimic
*~ 12k ~*
Another awesome stylization! That grin is spot-on, the thick lines really make this pop, and the color use is great. It almost reminds me of a comic, which is where the name Nny comes from, so it really just works here.

Best Nny/Nnyraptor

-1st SalemWingshread
*~ Wonderland ~*
You know your entry is epic upon epic, I don't need to tell you that! YOU ROCK.
For the Nnyraptor alone: I want this as a decal for my car or something, argh your style is so cool! He looks like some awesome graffiti dinosaur that's gunna jump right off the wall. The way you used color in the lines really makes it... I don't think if he had been fully colored it would have had the same effect, and it really works.

-2nd Dolphinwarrior
*~ 12k ~*
Whatever cool awesome alternate universe you tapped into here I love it. This, to me, is a very good representation of myself. My more serious side trying to get work done, my other side just wanting to mess around. The cartoon-esque way you can derive so much from the scene without needing words is just great.

The best part about all this is everyone gets a prize! I always hate giving out consolation gold, especially since all of you artists deserve much more than 2k and actually upped a few of the prizes as I thought was deserved. Thanks to everyone for entering and I hope you had as much fun drawing my characters as I did looking at your art, and I hope you might continue to follow me to my next Art Contest endeavor!

Dapper Shapeshifter

User Image
RULES
-Respect everyone in this thread; no flaming, etc.-
-Don't post any art over PG13, it is against TOS-
-Any entries you think may be over pg-13 ask for an e-mail address-
-Enter as many pieces as you like but only one prize can be won per contest-
-Don't complain if you don't come in first, win a big prize, etc.-
-Read the whole page before asking questions-
-Please DO NOT pagestretch, link to images instead-
*Rule subject to change without notice*

Judging Information

All submitted art by the deadline will be judged by us both. We choose what place everyone comes in and will give out prizes as we see fit. Prizes will not be lessened unless there are a minimal amount of entries; if prizes are lessened this will be noted no less than a month before the deadline.

Dapper Shapeshifter

Dapper Shapeshifter

Links InUser Imageand Out

Put this somewhere people will see it. You know you wanna.

User Image

[url=http://tinyurl.com/ptnb79/] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/Johnny777Nny/PH/grotesquebanner3.jpg[/IMG] [/url]

Links Out
Visit these places, they're pretty rad.
Pm me or post here to be added.

User Image
User Image User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image

Table of Contents
Post 1- Intro, Deadline
Post 2- What's it About, References
Post 3- Prizes
Post 4- Submissions
Post 5- RULES, Judging Information
Post 6- Links In and Out

Dapper Shapeshifter

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items