Welcome to Gaia! ::

omg gold

O: dayumn 1 100.0% [ 541 ]
Total Votes:[ 541 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 800 801 802 > >> >>> »|

User Image

User Image

Hey there gentle traveler. Welcome to Rem & Thy's art contest. This is a mega couple art contest, requesting art of us and our OCs. The contest will last all summer (I like long contests) and hopefully will generate a lot of interest. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Feel free to hang around the thread, chat, bump, make friends, talk about your day, flirt, whatever. Enjoy yourselves!

Unfortunately for this contest there are no single-character/person categories FOR THY AND REM, but we think the prizes are worth the effort eh? ;3 The OCs (Ayden and Mihran) CAN be drawn on their own.

ANNOUNCEMENT
We have a final time! The winners will be posted tonight around 5pm EST. Come and enjoy some beautiful art. There will be punch and pah! PUNCH AND PAH

Navigation:

Introduction
Rules
Prizes
OCs
References
Additional info
Entries
Links
Extra
Bump Contest

User Image
User Image
User Image

Follow all rules located in the Gaia rules and guidelines and TOS.

Only submit your own art (naturally)

All art MUST contain a visible signature of some nature (this is our own personal rule)

Collaborations are allowed; art must contain all artists' signatures. If a collaborated entry wins we will send the prize to the person that submitted it, it is up to you to distribute the prize to all artists yourself

Gaia rules state "tasteful nudity in the art forums is allowed on a case-by-case basis," so be careful with your entries.

You may enter as many entries as you like; you cannot win two prizes for the same entry (the single exception being the "personal favourite" prizes) but you may win multiple prizes for multiple entries. The more entries you submit the better your chances!

No drama in the thread. NO DRAMA in the thread, we're serious.

There must be at least fifty submissions before the grand prize will be given out, and there must be at least ten qualifying entries per individual category before those prizes will be given out.

WHEN SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRY, PLEASE USE THIS FORM

Name:
Category: (optional)
WIP: (optional)
Entry:
Anything else:

These rules may be added to as we see fit.

User Image
User Image

First Place
Mini Nitemare Wings
User Image

Second Place
Devil Tail
User Image

Third Place
Nitemare Scarf
User Image

Rem's personal favourite
1,000,000User Image

Thy's personal favourite
1,000,000User Image

Most Unique Style
Thank You Letter for Jan 2004
(chain wallet/emo bag)

User Image
(User Image + User Image)

Best Traditional Media
Royal Crown Black
User Image

Best CG
Inari's Beads
User Image

Best Rem/Thy
Picolitrosso's Urn
User Image

Best Ayden/Mihran
Hermes' Moon
User Image

Best Ayden
Thank You Letter for June 2006
(Dark Halo + G Blade)
User Image
(User Image + User Image)

Best Mihran
Alruna's Rose
User Image

Best Chibi
Biancamella
User Image

Most amusing/humorous
Death Whisper
User Image

Sexiest
Zhivago's Underwear
User Image

All Evolving Items are 1st generation.

You cannot win 1st, 2nd or 3rd prize AND another category with a single picture. You can, however, win a category combined with a personal favourite prize (not both personal favourite prizes, since that would win 1st prize XD).

User Image
User Image

Our post-apocalyptic pirate boys 8D

Details: These characters are part of a RP set in the year 3357. Following a worldwide epidemic in 2010, most of humanity is wiped out, but due to the nature of the disaster, buildings are left standing. The survivors rebuild the world as they knew it, though most of the knowledgeable scientists and mathematicians are gone, resulting in the incapability of using electricity and producing medicine, among other things. Over a thousand years later, life resembles what it was in the Middle Ages, though this varies from continent to continent: some countries are very advanced compared to other more rudimentary civilisations. Not much is known of the Ancients, humanity before the Apocalypse, and they are seen as we imagine the people of Atlantis today. Books are abundant, but nobody knows for sure which are historical, and which are fictional.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User ImagePhysical appearance:

Eye Color: smokey gray
Hair color length and style: bright blonde with near white highlights ; long on top with long, kind of wild bangs that mostly fall forward, some stick up a little, with a braid/ponytail that hangs from the left side, bound in a brown leather strip, to about his collarbone. Also has a strip of facial hair from bottom lip to the bottom of his chin, in the same blonde shade.
Weight and height: around 200lbs, mostly muscle not fat; 6 ft
Type of body (build): stocky and sturdy, with a thick trunk, like a tree - muscular, but not overboard, though he has thick arms and thighs
Skin tone: a dark honeyed tan
Shape of face: a bit heart-shaped, rounded cheeks, with a large nose and full lips, soft jaw, slightly slanted eyes, lined darkly like he's wearing mascara but isn't (think Billy Zane)
Distinguishing marks: a full sleeved tribal tattoo on his right arm, from shoulder to wrist. [image to come]
Predominant feature: his left arm is mechanical, made of riveted bronze pieces shaped like muscles. [image to come]

full body ref *BEST REF

Sims ref frontal

Sims ref 3/4

Sims ref profile

skin tone, eye shape, eyebrows, face shape ref
Not his nose. Aydan's lips are a little fuller.

nose ref

Here's a somewhat example of his hair .. but I'd rater it not be too spiky like that, more wild and falling forward
And that's kind of his body size.. the arms are slightly smaller but he's sturdy, like a tree trunk lol

Additional notes:
-- He has a single silver hoop in his right ear.

User Image
Physical appearance:User Image

Eye Color: here
Hair color length and style: Very dark brown/almost black, almost shoulder length
Weight and height: 175lbs, 6'1"
Type of body (build): a little more muscle than average, but not excessively ripped
Skin tone: slight tan
Shape of face: oval
Distinguishing marks: scruff/day old beard, faded scar on right cheekbone, mermaid tattoo on right upper arm, thick/long eyelashes, earring in right earlobe
Predominant feature: large nose, bushy eyebrows

Sims ref frontal

Sims ref 3/4

Sims ref profile

Photo reference
This one isn't 100% accurate; his eyebrows are thicker, lips are fuller, and he has a full beard/stubble.

hair ref
face ref
nose ref 1
nose ref 2

Additional notes:
-- He has no make up XD that's just the Adriana doll item I used to give him non-anime blue-green eyes. If any, use some very faint black eyeliner/shadow.
-- The laurels are drawn onto the headband.
-- He only has one golden earring.
-- Leave out the bottle, unless you're going to make him look tipsy. x)
-- Use my avatar as ref, not the art on the side.
-- You can be creative with the mermaid tattoo! Though I envision it as Art Nouveau.
-- I realise he has a lot of belts, you can fuse them and make a single multicoloured one out of them (with the Fremere's guard gem on it). You don't have to draw these.
-- The shiny gem on his shoulder (the urn's sash) is a bronze clasp shaped like the sun. The sash itself is old and dirty, many golden decorations are missing.
-- The turquoise bracelet isn't part of the glove. Gloves don't go up to the elbows, they're a bit shorter (mid-forearm), but you can leave these out.

User Image
User Image

Here's the meat of the contest. Art of the two of us (actual us) together! x3

THY
age 26
height 6'3''
skin tone used to be tanned, now... not so much XD but not extremely pale either
eye color blue/grey
hair color dark blond
hair style a little above shoulder length, should be parted near the middle but tends to go more to the side
build lanky, not muscular at all, preeetty skinny
clothing style usually jeans with either a long-sleeved black shirt, sweater or button down. Those are pretty much the only colours I wear XD black, grey, brown, and blue. As for shoes... chuck taylor all stars (who doesn't own a pair of these) or just black boots, or simple laced shoes.
favorite colors teal, black/grey, lighter green, blue
extra notes
---I usually wear a black piece of string around my left wrist and I have some facial hair, but it's not extremely visible, so if you can't/don't want to draw it, you can drop it. (:
---I have a minuscule, tiny, barely noticeable bellybutton piercing. It's a small silver ring. Though I wear it about as often as it goes on vacation in my bedside table's drawer >> so.. draw it or don't, doesn't really matter. :3
torso reference
face reference (please note, thicker eyebrows)
face reference
hair/face reference

REM
age 29 (happy birthday rem x3 <3 ~thy, 04/15)
height 5'11'' (notshort>[ wink
skin tone I am a ghost >> i.e. pale lol
eye color olive green
hair color chocolate brown but I dye it black
hair style short in the back (buzzed at the neck), sloping down at an angle in the front, with long bangs that hang anywhere from cheek to chin or below when I -really- need a haircut
build sturdy lol (I think I have German heritage), slightly muscular arms/thighs
clothing style xD My fashion sense froze somewhere around 1994. Grunge or goth. Band shirts with the sleeves cut off or geek shirts under sleeveless hoodies, ripped jeans, plaid bondage pants, old man wool pants, studded collars, tons of belts, oxblood Doc Martins <3, THESE BOOTS (T3T *want*)
(shirts I own and would be amused to see in a drawing: xD, xD, xD, xD)
favorite colors burgundy, black, plum, darker green, silver
extra notes
--I do actually wear glasses but I hate drawing them so I don't. xD You can add them though if you want. They're oval-shaped black wire frames.
--I tend to wear a bandana almost all the time because I'm lazy. =D You can draw me with or without. If you do, no bright colors pls. Red, blue, black, white, camo, etc.
--I have a good luck necklace that I wear aaaall the time, you can see it in most of the reference (when I don't forget to draw it lol) it's just black rope with a lot of weird beads and foreign coins and stuff on it. It's not essential but I'd like it there unless it wouldn't fit aesthetically.
minus ears & tail, 'course ;3
clothing ref
*gasp* glasses!

User Image
Thy with OCRem
Thy wants art with my green-haired Brit punk persona *griiiin* I think he just likes the muscles
So it would be regular him (see reference above) with this guy withOUT the ears and tail
THE ULTIMATE REMBRANDT VISUAL REFERENCE GUIDE *please remember, human not neko for this*
personality flirtatious, charming joker; party-boy punk with a permanent smirking grin; very sexually-driven aka manwhore; likes to drink, screw, smoke, play pool, and drink some more; friendly and warm to almost everyone he meets, loves to make people smile or feel good about themselves; quick to temper, loves to fight, gets a high from violence; has a deep need to be loved, but has problems with commitment; driven by guilt from his past
occupation part-time bartender
history in case you want it for some reason

User Image
User Image
Stuck on what to draw? Here's some scenes and ideas that we're really dying to get. Note that although these seem more for Rem & Thy, you can use some of the ideas for Ayden & Mihran too.

General Notes
all art styles are accepted: traditional, computer art, pixel art, 3D art (DAZ Studio)...it's all accepted and all loved, as long as it follows the rules above
scenes are -loved-, as well as unique concepts and styles
in the OC category don't worry about dead-on accuracy, interpretation is very much adored
images that tell a story or have some sort of action/pose are desired more than static shots of people just standing still

-- poses --
Here's some images to help get the creative juices flowing. Please feel free to use these as a starting point, but remember the height and body differences when drawing. Bolded references are ones we would really REALLY love pictures from:
embrace one, embrace two, nuzzle, piggyback, comfy pillow, bedtime, embrace 3, sharing a laugh, sunrise/sunset, sleepy, near kiss, face a' face, Rem's absolute fave ref of all time, kiss, embrace 4

-- poses without pic ref --

- Thy sitting on Rem's lap, Rem's arms around him, the two snuggling (consider this Thy's default position ;D) - it'd be cute if he were sitting on his lap while Rem was reading, or watching tv, or doing his homework - even though his attention has to be elsewhere, they're still snuggling.

- One person sitting against something (headboard of the bed, on the floor against the couch) with the other sitting between his legs, leaning back against him. They could be embracing, the one in front hugging the other's arms, or cuddling in some other fashion. It doesn't matter who's sitting where.

- Kissing / snuggling / embracing in bed - artistic nudity, sweet, sensual, have at it. Please note! - the bed should have a TON of pillows.

Scene Ideas

Cooking together. Rem is a terrible TERRIBLE cook (though he tries dammit >O) so showing the disaster that would be him in the kitchen would be amusing. Smoke, fire, burned food, bleeding fingers, all par for the course. Thy, being a great cook, could save the day. Or stand back laughing ;D

Shopping together, which Rem actually dreamed (Long story short I kept putting good things in the cart - like salads and broccoli and soy milk - and Thy kept taking them out, and putting in crepes and chocolate and pounds of pasta that I kept taking out. Hilarity ensued.) But this could be clothes shopping (in the winter at Christmas maybe) or food shopping or trying on clothes, anything. (Rem: If anyone draws me making Thy try on Hot Topic-like goth items I will love you forever. <3)

Relaxing in the countryside. We both love the country - lakes, woods, parks, gardens, etc. Drawing us in this enviroment would be much appreciated. Gazebos, sitting by lakes, watching the sunrise or sunset. <3 Sharing a glass of wine and a cigarette (though we both quit, feel free to depict us smoking [Rem: or at least me cos damn I want a cig])

Out on the town. While neither are necessarily clubkids, both like drinking and can hold their liquor (though there is debate on whom can hold more than whom >> ) so depicting us in a club or bar would work well. And we're both very flirty, touchy-feeling horny drunks. 8D

Special Request - Rem

I really want an image using either the picture reference entitled 'Rem's fave ref' or a pose akin to that, showing Thy with angel wings. I can be drawn with wings, or without. If I am, I would like mine to be either black, or black fading to white (if this, it might be interesting to have Thy touching the part of the wings that are white, showint they are fading to white from his touch.) My expression should be loving - adoration, or simply admiration, or simply love. I think you can understand the meaning. ;3 Clothing is up to you, fantasy-esque mood clothes, or real clothes, basing the pic in reality. Either way.

Rem's Alternate Image Desires: I find cosplay/costuming insanely amusing. |D So, some things that I'd love to see depicted (and this is all me, not Thy, so don't blame him lol):
-Us as Team Rocket (XD You choose who is who)
-Labyrinth. Jareth and a male Sarah, and considering our hair colors match certain characters I think you can guess who is who. |D Ahhh, I'm so laaame. Please change outfits accordingly, like...man up Sarah's outfit a little, lol.
-Rem as a neko/catboy (black ears and tail), Thy as a bunnyboy. 8D Omg pls. Although if you do draw Thy as a bunnyboy, Rem HAS to be drawn as a neko. Either both with animal ears and tails or neither.
-Princess Bride |D
-Thy doesn't really watch anime and Rem is very very picky with his, so if you're wanting to do something anime-themed please speak to one of us first.
-Kirk/Spock. Enough said. :'D

User Image
User Image

Rem and Thy

Ayden and Mihran

Ayden

Mihran

WIPs

OC Rem and Thy

Please tell us if your entry isn't in here; we may have missed your post/PM.

Blacklist:

M i n t F l a y k: for tracing her entry

User Image
User Image

Want to link exchange? Just PM me or post your link, and take ours!

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-contests/t.48244731/][img]http://i42.tinypic.com/2moczzq.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-contests/t.48244731/][img]http://tinyurl.com/mrzlaf[/img][/url]

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-contests/t.48244731/][img]http://tinyurl.com/d2tuv9[/img][/url]

LINK OUT

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces