Welcome to Gaia! ::

... I hope everything has calmed down now. However, I wished this situation was taken care of outside of the thread. And I don't mean B****ING behind people's back. I know that people have different opinions, but we can not change what has been done. Not everyone will agree, and I feel that it isn't worth it to tell your opinion when it will hurt someone. The way we say things is just as important as what we say. I'm not willing to read all the previous posts, but I was able to get the gist of what happened. But I feel that everyone should just let things be now.

Brina, you did a great job despite obstacles. It was so hard to do this with such little help, and I congratulate you for your time and effort to do this for all of us. This was the first time you tried doing this, and it's very hard to pull off.

Congratulations to not only the winners, but to all entrants. You have done a fantastic job. I know this is kind of hard right now just to say this, but Gaia is just a GAME. The items aren't real. This all should be for fun. Besides, no matter what, there will always be people that admire your art. I know that I love many of the entries I saw here, and I am truly grateful for all the work every single one of you has done.

That's what I have to say about this. I'm pretty disappointed at how people have acted, but we're all human.
Anya! XD
Oh my. I poke in here to see who actually won and there is a blood bath. Should I go thru my choices and explain them to people to clear things out? I mean, I rather not, I got happier things to do with my life, but if it will make people feel better?

Hun, you don't have to explain anything. I made my opinion known, and I'm not by any means on a war path. It's over, it's done, that's all there is to it. <3
I am sorry, Duvet and Jade, but I strongly feel that it is not right to call the contest bullshit and to make Brina feel like s**t (I am not saying you did, but I know someone did in the last few pages), especially since it is likely my fault that you all do not agree with judging. Now, I do not know what the other judges voted. What I would like to say, though is - while I love pretty eyes, I feel that a picture should not be win by pretty eyes alone. I know, it's weird.

I was very torn when picking the Best Airi picture, b/c all the good quality CG work did not portray the character accurately, while all the good character renditions had technical issues. While I do not disagree that Joeli's picture is fantastic looking, and I adore that cute little lacy dress, I do not think that the girl sitting there by the tree is Airi. Airi is barely 13. She is a little girl, not a buxom vixen. She is a fragile little girl - just look at the header of Fa'e HQ. The same issues come up with LeLe's picture, Crimple's picture etc. (I want to say here that I LOVE Crimple's picture, though. At least there, Airi has some majesty about her, some dignity and a translucent scarf with her!)

... and I took some stuff out here, b/c I feel it was mean of me. And I wanted to take it back.

Now, about Sajhiri winning the Grand prize. I was DAMN impressed with the sheer amount of work that went into that picture. I dunno. Maybe I got swayed that she put me in there. You see, I have spent so much time drawing all these Fa'e and they do kinda sit around me as I draw. Sure, maybe Sajhiri's style is not everyone's favorite style, however, I liked the originality of the idea a lot! And I agree, she didn't finish the books in the back etc. *scratches head* I dunno, I made my BF look at all the pictures for the contest and that's the one he also picked to win. And I honest to god think Orestae's picture is fantastic, I actually thought everone else was gonna vote for her as Best Group. I am sorry Stae, I didn't not mean to offend you, I think you are a great artist!

What other winners do you guys disagree with, and who do you think should have been awarded?
Haha, I know it honestly seems like all I ever do is go "WORD, Stae," but. Uh. Word, Stae.

There isn't anyone in particular that can be blamed, or even should be blamed, and I don't think anything needs to be explained. I'd rather make my opinion known than to go around sulking in a corner and crying to people behind people's backs.

Edit -- yeah, and I don't think it'd be appropriate for that to be discussed in the thread either, for the sake of the artists. I'm sorry guys, I didn't mean for my outburst to belittle any of your work, and Yuu's right, this probably would have been better taken care of outside the thread. I'm just going to drop this now.
Jade came in late. I was the one who pretty much started the shitfest (in the thread, anyway), so most of the blame falls on my shoulders.

I don't want to list the things I found at fault because I honestly don't want to make other people feel bad or open up another window for even more drama. If you really want to know, I'll PM you. But otherwise, I have other things that I need to take care of.

8,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
Brina isn't to blame, at least entirely, and I think EVERYONE has already said that. o_O; She put a ton of time into this. The idea was a great one...I just think in hindsight that the voices of five or six do not equally speak for the voices of 40+.

Proxy Fairy

10,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
yah... bust shot and collage pieces for the win.... no, not really people. Try to make a background, a scene, how about something creative, tell a story with a picture, anything even besides a character standing there, maybe even just a full ******** body image before you begin bitching about other's works? Kinda sick of seeing people with half done entries win or feel entitled to winning, but even more sickening to see people who aren't deserving come in and make other artists feel like s**t.

Not everyone can win, and technical skill isnt the end all be all of art, theres a lot of other stuff going on. Sometimes the most technically skilled artists lose because they lacked on so many other levels. Sometimes the best artists dont draw the characters the way their owners pictured them or whatever. Deal with it and get better and stop putting other people down.. and for crissakes stay away from the contests if you cant be a mature person about losing or seeing your friends lose. It happens.
Kimaya
yah... bust shot and collage pieces for the win.... no, not really people. Try to make a background, a scene, how about something creative, tell a story with a picture, anything even besides a character standing there, maybe even just a full ******** body image before you begin bitching about other's works? Kinda sick of seeing people with half done entries win or feel entitled to winning, but even more sickening to see people who aren't deserving come in and make other artists feel like s**t.

Not everyone can win, and technical skill isnt the end all be all of art, theres a lot of other stuff going on. Sometimes the most technically skilled artists lose because they lacked on so many other levels. Sometimes the best artists dont draw the characters the way their owners pictured them or whatever. Deal with it and get better and stop putting other people down.. and for crissakes stay away from the contests if you cant be a mature person about losing or seeing your friends lose. It happens.

I believe this counts as opening up more drama in the thread. o_o; If you really want to dish it out to the people whom you are targeting with your message, it would probably be prudent to contact them privately. Right now we're trying to sort things out.
I am with Kimaya in terms of philosophy, but I agree with Duvet that we should all shut up and let this be. Sorry.
I would like to apologize for what I said earlier, even if it wasn't much and I still believe in it to some extent. I have no right getting involved with this, as I am neither one of the artists entered nor was I a judge nor am I a Fa'e guardian. I was simply upset at seeing people fighting, a lot of which I care about, and burst in without thinking. Just... sorry.

EDIT: Annnd sorry for posting this. I didn't see Anya's remark above mine until after posting. sweatdrop

Proxy Fairy

10,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
best way to end things is to stfu duvet :3

Kick me out of the thread I dont care, but dont try to get up on the we should be quiet now high horse... because I had something to say to the s**t you said and thats the way it is.. sorry I came 10 minutes after the fact you turned all retarded and angsty in the thread, but thats the way it happened. I said what I came to say and if you really are done talking too then we can all see how mature everyone can be.
Whoa, cool. I won cutest..

And..

I am [ p i x i e ] XD; I changed my username.
[ lol tentacle rape ]
Whoa, cool. I won cutest..

And..

I am [ p i x i e ] XD; I changed my username.

Your Airi was very cute! I loved it!
Kimaya
best way to end things is to stfu duvet :3

Kick me out of the thread I dont care, but dont try to get up on the we should be quiet now high horse... because I had something to say to the s**t you said and thats the way it is.. sorry I came 10 minutes after the fact you turned all retarded and angsty in the thread, but thats the way it happened. I said what I came to say and if you really are done talking too then we can all see how mature everyone can be.

See, but what your angsty b***h fest neglected to notice was that much of what you stated in your previous post is exactly what many people are finding fault with in the judging. The complaint was the "technical skill" of the artists in question, but the overall quality of the piece, which includes how well they captured the heart of the character.

And its sad if you disagree, but to win a grand prize or any of the top prizes, your work needs to be both technically excellent and capture the heart of the characters.

Its not about how much time you spend on an image. I could spend 40 hours on something that takes someone more skilled than I 40 minutes, its relative. My piece is still likely to fail in comparison.

Wild Unicorn

Aww, I didn't win anything. o_o

Congrats, winners! ^O^ This contest was like honey to the bee...or artist to the thread. Or something. I'm too sleepy to think more. xd I was up at 4am waiting for the awards to start... then couldn't wait anymore and collapsed.

Edit: There's no offers of constructive critisim, or whatever you call it, something like that?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff