Welcome to Gaia! ::

LeLe
I have never been soo disappointed in my life. I put ALOT of time into my entry... DAYS, and I seriously thought it was one of my better works... and to not even get a MENTION... that hurts.

I seriously am thinking of quitting gaia for a while right now, I am soo hurt. I hate to be a sore loser, but I did deserve better than that.

Entry Here for anyone interested... not that I am looking for sympathy exactly... but I think my entry was totally overlooked by the judges because it was in the WIP category.

Bullshit. I know I am not amazing, but... but... *gives up*

I felt just like that during my previous contest entry. I didn't win anything yet expected to win so much. It hurts but don't think about it that way. The prizing was tough since there was the category system : ( I am dissapointed though that you didn't win anything since you were my second favourite after Leonhart.

Over time the pain goes away. Trust me : )
LeLe, that is totally awesome. Seriously.
LeLe, you're not alone. Alot of faboo art was overlooked.

I know it was hard. 300 entries is mindboggling... but when half of the judges are confused as to why some of the winners were picked, well, something smells fishy in that.

On a lighter note, LeLe, I love your art. You have a very unique style and your IoDM appointments are among my favorite.
Good god, people. Seriously. Good ******** god(s)(ess)(wutevah). This is a ******** art contest. Maybe I have a little more perspective as I'm pretty emo for obvious reasons by now but YOU ARE FIGHTING OVER PIXELS. NOTHING is so important that you're placing pixels and a spot at the top over friendship or human decency.

I agree that some sections may have seemed poorly judged, however, that is NO reason to act this way. This is childish, and insane, and I am SO glad to have something to get my aggression out at right now. Everyone just PLEASE try and be civil while I find a mod to lock the thread for Brina.

EDIT: All right. Not just pixels, but winning. I know that's important to people. I'm very competitive myself, but right now... please. Just stop.

8,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
Locking the thread won't do much good, but go ahead. neutral People are still going to be disappointed and will talk amongst themselves, which will probably lead to WORSE problems...but okay!

The fa'e community has a right to be a little confused with the results when half the judges are ALSO confused...this was the F'AE art contest, which is a community of PEOPLE, not of one PERSON.
This is not about pixels, haha. This was never about pixels. Many of my close friends are really upset, and it's not about pixels.

I'm just going to go over to a corner and pretend this never happened. Needless to say, I'm disappointed in quite a few people.
Few bits form me. I haven't looked at the awards. I barely managed to find all the entries for my Little Thunder (*gets whapped by Devi*), sorry sweetie. (*gets whapped again* *sigh*) And I have no idea what the standings actually are. Anyway, Brina, thank you for hosting the contest. That's never easy and someone always bitches. But still, it was great for guardians and lurkers alike to get art of their beloved concepts. I know I scared some of my housemates shitless with happy squeals of a few. (You repeat that I WILL deny it.)

Thank you to the artists for all your work. Seriously. I don't really give a rat's a** about possitioning on a list or how who got what. The fact that you were willing to take time and actually MAKE something just makes me happy. I know I'll be hunting a few of you down soonish. And now I have a definately need to update my boy's front page.

Finally......

THANK YOU!
To the artists who entered, to Brina for running this show, and to Anya who's still driving people to drooling with her wonderful art.
I know, I take back the pixels line but people are free to use it against me. I know it's about poor judging and...

What I also know is people are getting upset, and locking the thread is just a way to shut things out for a minute. This is just so stupid to me it's unbelievable. I'm not saying anything else. I don't care what it's about, honestly right now. I'm just not... I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said anything other than "this is stupid" and left it at that.

Eloquent Elder

6,050 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
Oh noes, people dont like the obviously skewed results, lets lock the thread so that I dont have to admit how fubar this contest was from day one!

Nice Brina, nice.

You should have just said from the start the only vote that counted was Anya's because she gave more funds than anyone, and been done with it, and not bothered with other judges. (because that sure is what you hinted at in your post)

This is very poor form, you should have been honest from day one with WHO had a vote that counted, and with what you were looking for.
Shut things out? Sae, honey, most of the 'things' have relocated by now. And they're not going to resolve themselves that easily. neutral
Oh my. I poke in here to see who actually won and there is a blood bath. Should I go thru my choices and explain them to people to clear things out? I mean, I rather not, I got happier things to do with my life, but if it will make people feel better?

Sparkling Senshi

I just wanted to thank Brina for holding the contest, for doing all this work for us. Thank you, Brina, for all your effort. I know I really appreciate it, no matter how the judging went. heart
Anya, no.. I mean.. it might help a little but if someone disagrees with the way you've judged then it'll just start up again. Honestly, I don't think anyone should get in the middle of this.

But that is my opinion. neutral

8,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
Anya, you shouldn't have to explain yourself. The judging was not done entirely on your shoulders from my understanding...? There's not really one person anyone can point at, I don't think.

Eesh...

Proxy Fairy

10,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
omfg I missed it lol... congrats hon!! *hugs jhiri* Well deserved, and its awesome to see hard work, creativity and talent place so well!

*goes back to read*

edit - =/ wth people...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas