Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,850 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Below is a list of Achievements, as well as advice on how to achieve them.

Starting Achievements

Member (100 points)
How to: Register with Gaia

Advice: If you're reading this, I'm pretty sure you've got it.

Gaian (50 points)
How to: Verify your email address by clicking on the link in the email from Gaia Online.

Advice: Sign up and verify your E-mail. Next!

Treasure Hunter (100 points)
How to: Click on each of Gaia's main tabs and click the Daily Chance.

Advice: Okay, a lot of people have been having problems with this. It's a good thing I reserved posts. See below.

Dressed Up (200 points)
How to: Awarded to anyone who hides their shameful nudity by dressing up their avatar for the first time.

Advice: Well, go to your inventory and equip something. I can't make it simpler than that.

Statustician (100 points)
How to: Awarded to anyone who updates their status for the first time.

Advice: Go to "My Gaia," and scroll down. You'll see where you can edit your status.

Autobiographer (200 points)
How to: Earned by updating the About Me section in your profile. Be careful: self-reflection can be a devastating pursuit.

Advice: It doesn't have to be an essay, just something you like, a quote, or even a punctuation mark.

Forum Explorer (100 points)
How to: Earned by checking out four different forums.

Advice: The best 4 to check out?
-Achievement Forum (Hey, look what you found!)
-Chatterbox (There's a reason Invisibility will be a challange)
-Bug and Technical Report (Let them know if Treasure Hunter gives you trouble.)
-Welcome to Gaia (Let the world know you're new! You'll be helping them get another achievement.)

Window Shopper (100 points)
How to: Check out 4 different shops

Advice: Go to "Shops" and go to a few different shops. Say hi to our friendly NPC shopkeeps!

Person of Interest (200 points)
How to: Earned by adding some interests to your profile. Despite its name, this is NOT earned by getting on an FBI watch list, so please don't pursue that course of action.

Advice: Go to "My Gaia" and put your mouse on the arrow next to the gear. A drop box will come down, and click on "Interests." Make an interest and save! Achievement complete!

Peoplewatcher (100 points)
How to: Given to anyone who looks at another person's profile. We could make a tougher achievement, like "look at a profile 100 times," but that's technically stalking.

Advice: Hey, mine's right here. Go check it out. It's nothing special, but you've got a free 100 points.

Citizen (200 points)
How to: Get the following Achievements:
-Gaian
-Treasure Hunter
-Dressed up
-Statustician
-Autobiographer
-Forum Explorer
-Window Shopper
-Person of Interest
-Peoplewatcher

Advice: If you've been paying attention and not had trouble with Treasure Hunter, you're good. Let's move on to the next set.

Marketplace Achievements

Consumer (100 points)
How to: Awarded to anyone who's made a purchase from a Gaia shop. Which is almost everyone, really, but Gaia loves giving you reasons to pat yourself on the back.

Advice: There's plenty of cheap items in the shops. Pick one.

Market Browser (100 points)
How to: Awarded for searching for an item on the Marketplace.

Advice: Search "Neutral Starter Polo." You'll be glad you did.

Junior Trader (100 points)
How to: Awarded for listing an item for sale on the Marketplace.

Advice: Sell a newbie item. You can pretty much buy it back for 1 gold anyway.

Trader (100 points)
How to: Given to any Gaian who sells something on the Marketplace.

Advice: That item you just put on the Marketplace? Someone bought it.

Wall Street (200 points)
How to: Accomplished Junior Trader and Trader.

Advice: If you can't sell an item on the Marketplace, then you might be in trouble.

Profitable (100 points)
How to: Awarded to anyone who makes a profit of 2% or more on a Marketplace transaction. Buy low, sell high! (Note: The item needs to have at least one listing on the Marketplace).

Advice: Collectables and Evolving Items make for a good profit if you got them at a good price.

Entrepreneur (150 points)
How to: Awarded to those whose total Marketplace sales exceed 10,000 Gold.

Advice: Again, selling a Collectable or Evolving Item for a good profit can go a long way. Also, if you have wings on, ask for Buck Teeth and then sell them in the Marketplace!

Money Never Sleeps (200 points)
How to: Get Entrepreneur and Profitable Achievements.

Advice: Just do the two above. You'll be fine on this one.

Unlocks:
-Bidding War
-Tycoon
-Overstocked

Bidding War (100 points)
How to: Given to any member who bids on the same Marketplace listing 10 times or more.

Advice: Find something with a 1 starting bid and 1 incriment and grab a friend and bid back and forth until you both get it.

Overstocked (200 points)
How to: Awarded to any Gaian who sells the same item 20 times in a row on the Marketplace.

Advice: Grab some wings, tell people to give you Buck Teeth so they get Tooth Fairy, and then sell them on the Marketplace. Pretty easy.

Tycoon
How to: Given to anyone whose total marketplace sales exceed 1,000,000 Gold.

Advice: That's a LOT of Buck Teeth....

Signature Look (250 points)
How to: Earned by saving an outfit. There's no shame in recycling a great look.

Advice: Below your inventory on the equip screen, there's a button labeled "Outfits." Click on that, and click save to save your current outfit.

Full Closet (200 points)
How to: Awarded to Gaians who have saved an outfit four times.

Advice: Save 4 different outfits, or 4 of the same thing. Doesn't matter.

Hygenic (200 points)
How to: Earned by changing your clothes two days in a row, because frequent changes of clothes are what separate popular people from stinky loners.

Advice: Just change outfits two days in a row. Not hard to do.

Brandisher (100 points)
How to: Awarded to anyone who strikes fear into our hearts by equipping a gun.

Advice: Squirt pistols, or anything with "gun" in the title will work.

Risky Lifestyle (100 points)
How to: Awarded to anyone who dooms their tender lungs by equipping a tobacco item.

Advice: Go search "Cig" in the Marketplace, not cigarette, just Cig.

Team Edward (100 points)
How to: Awarded to anyone who shows their vampire devotion by equipping a bloodsucker-related item.

Advice: Go search the Marketplace for anything "vampire."

Team Jacob (100 points)
How to: Awarded to anyone who equips a werewolf-related item, thus showing their devotion to our favorite cinematic underdog. Get it? UnderDOG?

Advice: Ignore the bad pun and search Marketplace for "Wolf" items.

Gender Swap (100 points)
How to: Awarded for buying and using the "Gender Bender" potion

Advice: By going to Account, and scrolling down a bit, you can get two FREE Gender Bender potions. Unless you have 50K gold to blow.

Happy Birthday! (100 points)
How to: Awarded to anyone who visits Gaia on their birthday.

Advice: Know when your birthday is.

Conventioneer (300 points)
How to: Awarded to anyone who attends at least one IRL Gaia event and redeems their convention items.

Advice: Find out when Gaia is attending a convention and go. There's a lot of them all over, so go check it out!

Cart Raider (100 points)
How to: Given to anyone who remembers to check all four Daily Chance carts on the following pages two days in a row: Home, My Gaia, Shops, Forums. It's a lucrative habit!

Advice: Lots of people have been haing trouble with this and Treasure Hunter. See sub-section below.

Unlocks:
-Flatterer

Flatterer (200 points)
How to: Comment on someone's profile "cool avi"

Advice: Uhh, well, that's it. Just go comment.

Informer (100 points)
How to: Awarded to anyone who updates their status two days in a row, thus keeping their friends abreast of their every action.

Advice: This should be pretty self-explainatory.

Friendly (100 points)
How to: Earned by sending a friend request. Even if it gets rejected, at least this achievement will bring you some sad little bit of satisfaction.

Advice: Ask some the the A4Mers to friend you. We'll help you out!

Unlocks: None

Befriended (100 points)
How to:Awarded to anyone who successfully makes a friend, thus joining the social networking revolution of the future.

Advice: Someone accepted your friend request!

Generous (100 points)
How to: Awarded to anyone who gives a gift.

Advice: Give away one of your junk items. They'll send it back and so you'll get both this and the next achievement.

Somebody Likes You (100 points)
How to: Awarded to anyone who receives a gift.

Advice: When they give it back to you, you get this one as well!

Tooth Fairy (100 points)
How to: Gift buckteeth to someone wearing wings

Advice: Buckteeth are relatively cheap. Check the marketplace for good deal on them, or just buy them from the shop.

Forum Achievements

Voter (100 points)
How to: We give this to anyone who votes in a poll.

Advice: On the forums, find a topic that says "Poll" in the title.

First step to fame (100 points)
How to:Given on that momentous day when another person thinks your words are worth quoting.

Advice: Tell people in the Achievement Forum to quote you. But make it something interesting. It's more fun that way.

The Perfect Setup (150 points)
How to: Awarded to anyone whose post is quoted with the words "That's what she said."

Advice: Oh come on. You REALLY need help with this?

Contributor (150 points)
How to: Given to all Gaians who make a forum post, thus contributing to the beautiful tapestry of intelligent discussion, friendly banter, pointless flame wars and misguided noobism that make up the Gaia forums.

Advice: If you're still new to Gaia, post a "Hello world" thread in "Welcome To Gaia."

Forum Dabbler (200 points)
Given to all Gaians who make 10 forum posts, thus contributing to the beautiful tapestry of intelligent discussion, friendly banter, pointless flame wars and misguided noobism that make up the Gaia forums.

Advice: Start in the Achievement Forum and make a thread titled "Going for Popular + Other Achievements" In this thread, make several replies to your own topic with "bump" or some random thought you may have, or make a game, conversation starter or something for others to involve themselves in the thread. This will be important later.

Unlocks:
-Sausage Fest
-Clam Bake
-Nudist Colony

Forum Sophomore (300 points)
How to: Get "First Step to Fame" and "Forum Dabbler."

Invisibility (100 points)
How to: Post a topic in Chatterbox that gets no replies for 24 hours.

Advice: I have a seperate guide for this here.

Popular Thread (100 points)
How to: Awarded to anyone who can rustle up 50 replies from a single thread.

Advice: Well, if you've been bumping to get 100 posts, this will be cake. Plus other people will help out as well, and soon that 50 reply thread will evolve to a Mega!

Forum Junior (100 points)
How to: Get the "Invisibility" and "Popular Thread" Achievements.

Unlocks:
-Noob Wrangler
-MegaThread
-Mark Twain
-Prayer Circle

Mark Twain (100 points)
How to: Get Quoted 100 times

Advice: Well, ask people to quote you, or say things quoteworthy, and you'll have this in no time.

Noob wrangler (100 points)
How to: Awarded to any philanthropic Gaian who quotes 10 newbies (anyone who's been on Gaia less than two weeks) in the forums.

Advice: Check the "Welcome to Gaia" forum for some easy pickings.

Megathread (100 points)
How to: Awarded to any Gaian who gets over 500 replies from a single awe-inspiring thread.

Advice: Just keep plugging away with bumps, or get friends to help! If you help others, they'll help you back!

Forum Regular (100 points)
How to: Make 100 posts in the forums.

Advice: Keep working on that thread until you've got 100 "bump"s.

Unlocks:
-Conversationalist

Conversationalist (100 points)
How to: Awarded to anyone who makes 1,000 posts on the Gaia forums.

Advice: Keep bumping your or other threads until you get it.

Unlocks:
-Elocutionist

Elocutionist (200 points)
How to: Awarded to anyone who's made 10,000 posts on the Gaia forums

Advice: Not only do your own Mega thread, help with any Mega Thread you can find.

Note: For all the following Forum Achievements, all of them must be done on the same page, and people can't change items/genders (depending on the achievement) until the page is done. Also, people CANNOT post twice on the same page. If this happens, just bump to the next page and try again, or create a new topic. Put what you're going for in the topic, so people will be prepared for the achievement you're going for. Though you can "get" the achievement more than once, it will not stack points multiple times. So if you got Nudist colony 5 times, you'll only get the points credit for doing it one time.

Nudist Colony (200 points)
How to: Awarded when 15 different Gaians with no items equipped post on a single page of a forum thread. Note: the original poster must have the achievement available.

Advice: Go to your Avatar's Equip Screen and click "Get Nekkid" and Save. Now create a topic in Achievement Forums labeled "Nudist Colony."

Prayer Circle (200 points)
How to: Awarded when 15 different Gaians with kneeling avatars post on a single page of a forum thread. Note: the original poster must have the achievement available.

Advice: Go to your Equip screen, and press the buttons that make your avatar kneel and turn backwards.

Sausage Fest (200 points)
How to: Awarded when 15 different Gaians with male avatars post on a single page of a forum thread. Note: the original poster must have the achievement available.

Advice: The original topic creator HAS to be male. You get two potions free, so you can change back.

Clam Bake (200 points)
How to: Awarded when 15 different Gaians with female avatars post on a single page of a forum thread. Note: the original poster must have the achievement available.

Advice: Same for Sausage Fest, but make a male avatar female.

Hive Mind (200 points)
How to: Awarded when 15 different Gaians with identical outfits post on a single page of a forum thread. Note: the original poster must have the achievement available.

Advice: Remember that Neutral Starter Polo I mentioned earlier? Put it on. Then make a thread with "Hive Mind" in the title.

7,850 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Autobiographer 200
11/24/2010
Version 1.0 - Made a list of all possible Achievements I could possibly think of. Also, took the FAQ from the Gaia help page and posted it below.

If there's any mistakes, suggestions, or edits I need to make, let me know.

11/26/2010
Version 1.1- Go here to make a request for people to help you if you're having some trouble. This wonderful couple will help you find exactly what you need.

12/01/2010
Version 1.2 - Sausage and Clam HAVE to be done with the gender it wants. Guys can't get Clam, and girls can't get Sausage.

Also posted the latest assumed collective theory from things I've heard/seen/speculated on why people can't get Treasure Hunter. Do the same for Cart Raider the next day, and it should work.

12/04/2010
-Thanks to Dr. Espionage for posting some advice on Treasure Hunter. I hope it works for everyone!

12/11/2010
-Added a few missing Achievements. I'm working on putting what unlocks what. Anyone that can contribute to anything that I'm missing is greatly appreciated!

12/22/2010
The Treasure Hunter/Cart Raider Theory is definately confirmed. I tried it out myself. A few minor updates, but nothing major.

01/12/2011
Happy New Year! (a bit late, I know, but I've been on Gaia on my mule) Finally decided to look over things and make sure all the infor was correct and up to date as I knew of it. Cart Raider/Treasure Hunter Theory seems to be working for a lot of people, but it's hard resisting Gaia for a week, I know. sweatdrop

Hope everyone had a great holiday!

7,850 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Frequently Asked Questions:
(It's under Gaia's Help page, but I'm posting it here for easier access to all.)

1. What are Achievements?

First, you'll need to activate Achievements in the (Gaia Labs). Once you do that, you'll see a cute little starburst glide across the page up to the top left of the header. Click on the trophy icon to get started. You will be prompted to complete a variety of challenges throughout the site. Stay tuned and the list of challenges will grow!

2. Can I turn off the Achievements display under my avatar in forums?

Gaia's still debating that. On one hand it creates a more game-like environment and encourages everyone to participate. Remember, later there will be lots and lots of achievements - some really hard or rare, so it will be more fun than just a bunch of newbie achievements. On the other hand, some users will not be interested and not want to look at it. Unfortunately, if enough users turn it off, then no one will see them.

3. Can other users see my Achievements, and can I view other users' Achievements?

Users can see what achievements you (or others) have completed by going to the achievement profile page:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/achievements/public/<<userid>> (where <<userid>> is replaced with the user you want to view). You can also click on Achievements in the avatar dropdown menu. This information is public, and currently there is no way to disable the page or what achievements are publicly viewable.

4. Do my previous actions on the site count towards Achievements points?

Great question! Complicated answer though. For the most part, new achievements will require you to go through them to get the achievement. There are some exceptions though - for example, your post count will count towards any high post count achievements. Same thing with join-date and anything else we already have a "counter" for. If we come across a design for an achievement that will cause some hardship, we may try to grandfather existing users in. It all depends on the achievement.

5. How do I get back to my Achievements landing (home) page?

Click on your achievement points next to the trophy in the header

6. How do I know what Achievements are available to me?

You can click on the trophy in the header to view the handy, pulldown menu or check out the Available Achievements section on your achievements landing page.

7. What about zOMG badges? Will they be included in the Achievements program?

zOMG achievements will be added at a later date. zOMG already has a badge system but it is not integrated into the new system. We hope to combine the two into one system so that zOMG badges can be shared the same way. We're getting a little bit ahead of ourselves though since we haven't started planning them yet.

8. What are Achievements points for?

The points are for showing off your status now, but Gaia (hopefully) plans to have level achievements at different point levels which unlock cool things.

9. Where do my achievement badges show up?

You can select up to 3 achievement badges to display next to your avatar. Currently, the only place this will show is under your avatar in forum posts.

7,850 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Treasure Hunter/Cart Raider

Dr Espionage
Just recently I received the achievement on a mule while I've been trying so hard to get it on my main. As infuriating as it was it lead me to believe the problem is with the whole "Get better items by logging in daily!" thing.

I experimented with it and my research confirms that YOU CAN NOT GET THE ACHIEVEMENT UNLESS YOU DO NOT LOG IN FOR AN ENTIRE WEEK! gonk

One mule that only logged in two of the past seven days did not get the achievement while two that have not been used for over a week obtained it.

Unless the problem is fixed sooner anyone who wants the Treasure Hunter achievement must not log on to that account for a week.

I am uncertain how this affects the Cart Raider achievement but I fear the worst.

This theory has indeed been personally confirmed.

The reason is because when you click on the Daily Chance Carts, it says "+2 for logging in of the 6+ of the last 7 days". Thus, if you stay logged out for a whole week, (use a mule if you need your fix.) The counter will reset after 7 days of inactivity, and at "Day 1" It will give you "Treasure Hunter" and on "Day 2" it will give you Cart Raider, provided you DID NOT get the World and Games Daily Chance Carts on Day 1.

Another thing to remember is that Gaia resets at midnight U.S. Pacific Time. So using your time zone from that, figure out when you need to be logged out. I suggest a Sunday to next Sunday weekspan.

Everyone give Dr Espionage a BIG Thank You for all his hard work and research!

7,850 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Autobiographer 200
also reserved

7,850 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Autobiographer 200
and one more for good measure

7,850 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Autobiographer 200
and one more in case i forget anything

7,100 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Consumer 100
Thanks for making this.

7,850 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Autobiographer 200
No problem! figured only a few would put in the effort.

6,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Now, if you're a girl trying to go for Sausage fest, you don't have to be on the same page as all the guys, right? A girl tried the same thing I've been doing, but when she was supposed to get the achievement, she... uh... didn't. o.o
I think that the Forum Explorer, Peoplewatcher, Window Shopper, and Treasure Hunter may be bugged for me. I've tried all of them and yet all of them don't work for me. Do you know what I could do to fix this? Also, thanks for the guide.

7,850 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Autobiographer 200
MyBeautifulZeldaLove
Now, if you're a girl trying to go for Sausage fest, you don't have to be on the same page as all the guys, right? A girl tried the same thing I've been doing, but when she was supposed to get the achievement, she... uh... didn't. o.o

Weird...these Achievements are so buggy and hard to figure out what the heck the programmers did. xd

6,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Matsuni_Aquas
MyBeautifulZeldaLove

Weird...these Achievements are so buggy and hard to figure out what the heck the programmers did. xd

Apparently lol It's ok tho, there's bound to be bugginess considering Achievements are such a new thing.
ah well, I'll keep trying. Could be that the girl just didn't have 15 guys on one page, cuz I heard people saying large signatures tend to take up a lot of space on forum pages and allow less posts to a page.

7,850 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Autobiographer 200
MyBeautifulZeldaLove
Matsuni_Aquas
MyBeautifulZeldaLove

Apparently lol It's ok tho, there's bound to be bugginess considering Achievements are such a new thing.
ah well, I'll keep trying. Could be that the girl just didn't have 15 guys on one page, cuz I heard people saying large signatures tend to take up a lot of space on forum pages and allow less posts to a page.

large sigs or not, it would do 15 a page, regardless.

6,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Matsuni_Aquas
MyBeautifulZeldaLove
Matsuni_Aquas
MyBeautifulZeldaLove

large sigs or not, it would do 15 a page, regardless.

ohhhhh people are just silly then >:3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces