Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Cleric

User Image

Chessie blinked.

"We are, are we? Well, it's certainly nothing difficult to do. I'll hide...but I can talk to him all I want."

She disappeared with a small bang and a puff of smoke.

Her attention was then snagged by Rose. Searching for the potion? She whispered into the other storybook character's ear.

"What, pray tell, would you even need that potion for? Last I saw, both our headless wonders had vanished. Wait- I know! I can have a game for you guys to find them once you're done getting the potion!"

Riddletwist

This is a game that consists of various questions, anything from what Chessie's favorite food is to whether or not Pluto should be a planet. Some questions will have a definite answer, in which case the first person to PM the answer to Rose and Chessie will win. (You may post the answer in the thread as well, for the sake of roleplay.) Others will be subject to judging, in which case a time limit will be given and all answers will be posted in the thread. Judged riddles can be entered as many times as you want.
                                                                    Anyone but Symbolon and Spottedteddybears may participate- staff, feel free to join!

Riddle One: Why is a raven like a writing desk?
                                                                    This is a famously unsolved riddle from Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland.
                                                                    The person to have the best answer (as determined by Symbolon and Spottedteddybears) posted in the thread by 9:00am PST 12:00 noon PST Aug 24 will win 10k. Any plagiarized answers will be disqualified.

Riddle One's Winner: Disarming North Korea

Riddle Two: What is the Cheshire Cat's favorite color?
                                                                    Hint #1: It fills the phrase below:
                                                                    SKY-_ _ _ _ x _ _ _ _ x WITH
                                                                    x _ _ _ _ _ _ x POLKA x DOTS
                                                                    Hint #2: The Cheshire cat's favorite color is made up of only what's on her.
                                                                    The first person to PM the answer to Rose and Chessie will win 10k.

Riddle Two's Winner: WWVelasca

Riddle Three: If Chessie were a person in real life and not a character in a book, who would she be and why?
                                                                    This person has to have existed, e.g. Thomas Jefferson or Oprah.
                                                                    The person can be male or female, this is based on personality, deeds, etc.
                                                                    This person can be alive or dead.
                                                                    Post your answers in this thread.
                                                                    You may answer more than once.
                                                                    The riddle will be judged at 9:00am PST 8/25.
                                                                    The riddle will be judged when there are at least 5 participants.
                                                                    The winner will get 10k.

Xashowd

User Image

Lady Embers generated a random number between 1 and 50 ... 43!

Eloquent Seeker

16,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Champion 300
  • First step to fame 200
Annual Ball

Euthalia
~~Living Flora~~

The young flower turned away from searching the rose bushes when a sudden wind blew through the garden, carrying leaves along and forming them into the shape of a man with a long grey beard. Euthalia heard the other flora whispering about this man, saying this the one they called Merlin. A slight gasp escaped Euthalia at Merlin's appearance and she couldn't help but stare. This was the one who was saying the garden was doomed to vanish? The flower felt her chest constrict again, this time in fear. She felt like she ought to say or do something but she hadn't the slightest clue as to what. How does one treat a wizard who has foretold one's potential demise?

((OOC: ))
User ImageUser Image
                                      tab I denied fate,
                                      MERLIN tab tab

tab Tell me what has happened,” Merlin said, sad to see such a charming and innocent girl in this state.

tab tab tab tab tab using my magic to protect and guide the world I knew.
                                                        User Image

Spottedteddybears
Annual Ball
              ROSE RED

The moment Rose saw Merlin, she ran up to him. She was tired of being the leader and realized she didn't even want to anymore! She remembered last time Merlin said something about literary thingamabobers and books, so maybe he could help her get home! "Merlin!" she called, "Help! You're got to help!"

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200
parazesis
Annual Ball

Euthalia
~~Living Flora~~

The young flower turned away from searching the rose bushes when a sudden wind blew through the garden, carrying leaves along and forming them into the shape of a man with a long grey beard. Euthalia heard the other flora whispering about this man, saying this the one they called Merlin. A slight gasp escaped Euthalia at Merlin's appearance and she couldn't help but stare. This was the one who was saying the garden was doomed to vanish? The flower felt her chest constrict again, this time in fear. She felt like she ought to say or do something but she hadn't the slightest clue as to what. How does one treat a wizard who has foretold one's potential demise?

Annual Ball

Xashowd

With the game afoot, Xashowd rushed back to find Euthalia. On the way, he saw Merlin himself appear, just as the Winds had foretold. Merlin's Order against Chessie's Chaos...but at least in this game, no heads will roll. Xashowd spotted Euthalia, an expression of fear upon her face. "It's alright Euthalia!" Xashowd said as he reached her. "I went over the evidence. I have a good feeling the Garden won't fade. Everything will be alright." He gave her a smile. "I promised to protect you, remember? And now I've done what I can to see it through."

Vicious Pants

Annual Ball

ROSE RED

Rose took a breath, ignoring Chessie for now. "Okay so last night there was this lady name Ellie and she broke some plates, I don't know why I think it was an accident but she lost her head and we were all really scared but Mr. Griffin said that she still had her head but it was only covered in a sheet but we couldn't get the sheet off and we were really worried. But Griffin said he might be able to fix it because he is invisible too so he went to look for a potion and now he's found it but we don't know where he went and we can't find the potion now. Rapunzel said it worked. Anyway, we didn't worry that much after and then suddenly she disappeared and I don't know why but I think Chessie is hiding her and we can't find her. But later another lady named Sophia - I bumped into her by accident - lost her head too! She was still around for a while but now she's gone too! Rose shot all that out in one breath, and she was certain by now she was red in the face. Taking a moment to breathe, Rose continued. And then... And then I fainted." She blushed, looking down at her feet before looking back up to the wizard.

"I don't know what going on, but I do know 2 ladies are missing and I'm tired of leading! I just want to go home! she said, pouting.
User ImageUser Image
                                      tab I denied fate,
                                      MERLIN tab tab

tab Even if she had not confessed the situation the elder wizard could have known that things were not right. “I truly hoped that misfortune would not come to pass for you, but now it has it is time to change it.
                                            Looking to Rose kindly, he offered, “There is a place for you, a place where you can be safe. You know the place of which I speak, do you not?

"It is time for all of you to go home, now show me to this cat of yours."

User Image

Spottedteddybears
Annual Ball

ROSE RED

Rose took a breath, ignoring Chessie for now. "Okay so last night there was this lady name Ellie and she broke some plates, I don't know why I think it was an accident but she lost her head and we were all really scared but Mr. Griffin said that she still had her head but it was only covered in a sheet but we couldn't get the sheet off and we were really worried. But Griffin said he might be able to fix it because he is invisible too so he went to look for a potion and now he's found it but we don't know where he went and we can't find the potion now. Rapunzel said it worked. Anyway, we didn't worry that much after and then suddenly she disappeared and I don't know why but I think Chessie is hiding her and we can't find her. But later another lady named Sophia - I bumped into her by accident - lost her head too! She was still around for a while but now she's gone too! Rose shot all that out in one breath, and she was certain by now she was red in the face. Taking a moment to breathe, Rose continued. And then... And then I fainted." She blushed, looking down at her feet before looking back up to the wizard.

"I don't know what going on, but I do know 2 ladies are missing and I'm tired of leading! I just want to go home! she said, pouting.

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200
Annual Ball
Even if she had not confessed the situation the elder wizard could have known that things were not right. “I truly hoped that misfortune would not come to pass for you, but now it has it is time to change it.
Looking to Rose kindly, he offered, “There is a place for you, a place where you can be safe. You know the place of which I speak, do you not?

"It is time for all of you to go home, now show me to this cat of yours."

Xashowd

"I'm afraid you'll have to find her yourself." Xashowd told Merlin. "I challenged her to a game. It was the only way I could think of to convince her to return willingly"

Vicious Pants

Annual Ball

ROSE RED

Rosie nodded, knowing exactly what he meant. She missed her forest and she missed Snow taking care of everything for her. Most of all, she missed knowing everyone had a head, and not being worried about losing hers at any moment. "Her name is Chessie." Rose said, pointing at where Chessie was a moment ago. "I don't know where she is right now - she seems to like disappearing - but you can try to call her out."

[o.o.c. Sym is asleep, so you can puppet Chessie, or I can play her, whichever you want. (:]

Blessed Friend

Annual Ball

Do you have what it takes to see through my guise?
One that is filled with deception and lies?

User Image

tab C O R W I NxxxxH A R T

tab tab tab xxthexxknavexxofxxHEARTSxx

xx-xx Corwin felt safe hidden amongst the rose bushes. Even the thorns were a welcome pain. He didn't want to go back home just yet. He peeked out from the bushes a bit to try and see if someone was coming.

One that the wise could not see through.
And aren’t they smarter than me or you?

Lady Embers generated a random number between 1 and 50 ... 31!

Eloquent Seeker

16,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Champion 300
  • First step to fame 200
Xashowd

Euthalia
~~Living Flora~~

Euthalia had instinctively retreated closer to the rosebushes as Merlin addressed the brunette in red. She took comfort in listening as some of them went back to chattering about the headless people and the potion which might bring them back, though the wizard was still the topic of much discussion as well. The flower fiddled with her fingers as she tried to focus on the conversations about the potion, only stopping when Xashowd approached her once again and told her that he thought the garden wouldn't vanish. A sigh of relief escaped her and she managed to smile up at the vampire. "Thank you, Xashowd. I don't know if I would have managed this far without you." It was true, without Xashowd's reassurance Euthalia might have decided to just curl up and wilt from confusion and fear.

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200
parazesis
Xashowd

Euthalia
~~Living Flora~~

Euthalia had instinctively retreated closer to the rosebushes as Merlin addressed the brunette in red. She took comfort in listening as some of them went back to chattering about the headless people and the potion which might bring them back, though the wizard was still the topic of much discussion as well. The flower fiddled with her fingers as she tried to focus on the conversations about the potion, only stopping when Xashowd approached her once again and told her that he thought the garden wouldn't vanish. A sigh of relief escaped her and she managed to smile up at the vampire. "Thank you, Xashowd. I don't know if I would have managed this far without you." It was true, without Xashowd's reassurance Euthalia might have decided to just curl up and wilt from confusion and fear.

Xashowd

Xashowd looked upon Euthalia and smiled. "I'm glad you did. And I'm sure I'm not the only one..." Xashowd listened to the Wind. He could hear upon it the voices of the flowers...something he had not thought possible. But here it was, and they were happy as well. Even the prickly thorn bushes. "Your friends, and all the flowers, are happy to know you are safe. That you care for them so much...It brings them joy."
User ImageUser Image
                                      tab I denied fate,
                                      MERLIN tab tab

tab Merlin considered what Rose spoke of, looking to the garden as she spoke. Things had certainly escalated quickly, but if they were fortunate it would not be as dark as he had initially feared. Perhaps the Gaians here had managed to keep themselves and Rose safe with their perseverance. Now he could find this “Chessie” and make things right.

Convincing her would be the trick, as this cat seemed none too fond of logic or reason. These were the weapons he was accustomed to using, but perhaps with the help of the Gaians he could manage to persuade the feline. He had some experience with fae in his own world, many of whom seemed to share qualities with this Chesire Cat. Perhaps reason was not a tool for her, but charm instead.

Looking high and low, Merlin made his way to the nearest tree. He raised his staff and touched it to its trunk which reacted as if it had been struck by a truck. From the branches came a yowl and, appearing before them, the Cheshire cat landed unceremoniously on the ground.

Isn’t this world losing its appeal, cat?” Merlin asked, gesturing around him. “These people do not want to play your games. You have tried to include them, tried to have fun, but how much fun can you really have when you’re the only one playing?
                                            Cheshire would not be convinced out of a sense of sympathy, he was sure. “Don’t you have more fun in your world, a place where there are others willing to play?

Now Cheshire,” He nodded to her, “time to end this game so you might begin another.All things must end. It was a lesson being taught many times tonight, it seemed.
                                            He turned to Rapunzel to ensure the the princess was ready to act and then gestured, open palmed, to the cat before him. “It is time to change the players , something that only you – the game master – can do.

User Image

SpottedteddyBears
I'm so sorry, i thought I hit submit on this asaaages ago D:

Eloquent Seeker

16,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Champion 300
  • First step to fame 200
Xashowd

Euthalia
~~Living Flora~~

Euthalia smiled as she heard that the other flora was glad of her safety. It was comforting to know that her odd new body did not estrange her from them. That very well might have broken her green heart.

She then watched as Merlin pulled the Cheshire Cat out of hiding and started to talk to her about playing games and going home. Euthalia wasn't entirely sure what was going on with that but it seemed that the wizard had things under control, or at least the flower thought he did.

((OOC: I'm gonna stop with the numbers now. It's odd to be the only one bothering with it. >_>;; ))

Vicious Pants

User Image

Chessie's grin wavered, actually considering this for once. Madness in Wonderland was... a given. Madness in this strange new world was a little tougher than she would've like. But the challenge was fun, one thing Chessie didn't get so much of back in Wonderland.

"You want me to bring the two back, don't you?" she said, rolling her eyes. "Where's the fun in that? I can simply make these people - these boring people - enjoy my games! They'll have to, unless they want to wind up without a head!" she said, not quite believing herself. Chessie was still sitting on the ground, arms crossed.

But she was considering it. The past few days have been a little boring for her, not much activity. She missed Wonderland, where everyone was just as made as she. She pursed her lips, grin fading completely. She had made up her mind. If this world was full of buzzkills like this Merlin guy, Chessie didn't want to be in it! "Fine. What do you want me to do?" she mumbled, reluctantly.

Annual Ball

User Image
User ImageUser Image
                                      tab I denied fate,
                                      MERLIN tab tab

tab "Bring the girls back, Cheshire." Merlin urged, glad to see that the cat was at least considering things.

"My magic will return you to your world, but you will have all the games you like - forever. The games never end in Wonderland, do they?"

User Image

Spottedteddybears
http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a545/Symbolon/chessieart_zps8151558a.png~original

Chessie's grin wavered, actually considering this for once. Madness in Wonderland was... a given. Madness in this strange new world was a little tougher than she would've like. But the challenge was fun, one thing Chessie didn't get so much of back in Wonderland.

"You want me to bring the two back, don't you?" she said, rolling her eyes. "Where's the fun in that? I can simply make these people - these boring people - enjoy my games! They'll have to, unless they want to wind up without a head!" she said, not quite believing herself. Chessie was still sitting on the ground, arms crossed.

But she was considering it. The past few days have been a little boring for her, not much activity. She missed Wonderland, where everyone was just as made as she. She pursed her lips, grin fading completely. She had made up her mind. If this world was full of buzzkills like this Merlin guy, Chessie didn't want to be in it! "Fine. What do you want me to do?" she mumbled, reluctantly.

Annual Ball

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a545/Symbolon/footer-chessie_zpsbcfdc09f.gif~original

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff