Welcome to Gaia! ::

It would be awesome, I think.

9,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Contributor 150
Hokay, time for bed.

Someone's smoking inside the building. Ugh.
Night Tako!
Baranquesseiel
Night Tako!
I, too, am going off to bed.

I have a seven o lock seminar with my Color Theory Professor.
Oo. Have fun with that.

9,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Contributor 150
Broccoli and Cheese Casserole
Appliances Needed: Stove, Oven

Mom's Recipe.

Taki's Level of Difficulty for the Average College Student:
stressed
This has been Taki Tested MANY MANY Times and is a personal Taki Favorite. No family get together is complete without this dish. It's very college friendly, too.

steamed white rice (boil-in-bag)
steamed broccoli florets (chopped)
1 can cambell's cream of mushroom soup
shredded cheddar cheese

Combine steamed rice and chopped broccoli florets in casserole dish and spread mushroom soup over casserole. Bake in preheated oven at 350° for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and add shredded cheese. Return to oven long enough for cheese to melt.

9,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Contributor 150
Migas
Appliances Needed: Stovetop

Dad's Recipe

Taki's Level of Difficulty for the Average College Student:
heart - stressed
Though this is primarily a 'breakfast' item, I like to eat this for dinner, too.

2 corn torillas (the small kind you buy at capistran)
2 eggs
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup diced tomato (optional)
1/4 cup diced onion (optional)
1 serrano pepper (optional)

Cut corn tortillas into bite size pieces. In skillet heat about 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add pieces of tortillas. Stir in skillet until the tortilla pieces are a little crisp. Add tomato, serrano peppers, onions if desired, add eggs and mix together. Add salt & pepper to taste.

I use olive oil, so the recipe is generally healthy. If you want, you can use butter.

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
OOOO can i contribute some of my favorite recipies? *is attempting to make her food take over the world* Most of what i share is fairly easy, pretty tasty, and most people like them. 3nodding However, the recipies themselves are made to feed 6 people, and when cooking for myself or me and my sister, alot of these freeze well, and i put notes in about what does and doesn't freeze. 3nodding

9,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Contributor 150
kochi~mochi
OOOO can i contribute some of my favorite recipies? *is attempting to make her food take over the world* Most of what i share is fairly easy, pretty tasty, and most people like them. 3nodding However, the recipies themselves are made to feed 6 people, and when cooking for myself or me and my sister, alot of these freeze well, and i put notes in about what does and doesn't freeze. 3nodding
Absolutely! Large quantities of food is encouraged anyway. College students need food. (Especially during midterms and finals. ;_;

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
[ Taki ]
kochi~mochi
Absolutely! Large quantities of food is encouraged anyway. College students need food. (Especially during midterms and finals. ;_;

YAY!

Now, most of these i've been making all my life, so i have no clue what the dificulty rating would be. None of them are -hard-, or overly time consuming, but i don't know what easy is. xp

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
Chicken Tettrazini stressed
Requires: Stove
((for vegitarian, leave out the chicken and use veggie broth. tastes pretty good)) ((after thanksgiving, we cut up leftover turkey and use veggie broth rather then the chicken, its okay, not as good as chicken))

Noodles (any kind) 1 pound. Prepare as directions indicate.
Chicken, how ever much looks good. We normally use 6 chicken breasts or 15 chicken tenders. Frozen works fine Boil them till done (called poaching), cut into cubes.

Those two things can happen while you make:
the sauce!

melt 2 tablespoons of butter (or your favorite substitute) in a sauce pan. Whisk in 2 tablespoons of flour, and cook for 2 minutes (this is called a reux, will thicken sauce.) stir in one can of chicken broth (thats 2 cups). Add a cup and a half of milk, a dash of salt, pepper, and garlic powder (i don't care how much you like garlic, no more then a small dash). Add 3/4 a cup parmessian cheese (the stuff out of a can works fine), and cook till its warm through and thick as you want it. The chicken can be added at any point after the cheese goes in. Make sure to stir it well enough the whole time that the sauce won't burn to the bottom of the pot.

Mix sauce, chicken and noodles together. Serves lots. Freezes well, best in individual servings.

9,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Contributor 150
Well here's a tip:
heart is when there's little to no cooking or chopping involved. It's basically just mix and eat.

stressed Requires some chopping, some cooking

stressed stressed Two or three appliances are involved in making this (mixer, stove, oven for example). Also accompanied by one or two cuss words.

wahmbulance You're ALWAYS cussing throughout this. xD

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
Cheap stroganoff heart or maybe stressed

1 pound egg noodles, 1 pound beef (either ground, or cubed, or whatever, its really not that big a deal), garlic (fresh is better), sour cream (the amount depends on your tastes) and 1 can cambells cream of mushroom soup (the concentrated one, that says to add water)

Boil the noodles, following package directions.

Put the beef and garlic (normally about 2 cloves or a couple dashes of garlic powder) into a hot pan. Cook the beef so its completely done. Add in the cream of mushroom (on top of all those juices) stir. Cook till warmed, and noodles are ready. Take off heat. Add sour cream (we normally get the smallest container we can find and then put half in a batch, depends on tastes). Mix all together.

If freezing, freeze -before- putting the sour cream in.

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
[ Taki ]
Well here's a tip:
heart is when there's little to no cooking or chopping involved. It's basically just mix and eat.

stressed Requires some chopping, some cooking

stressed stressed Two or three appliances are involved in making this (mixer, stove, oven for example). Also accompanied by one or two cuss words.

wahmbulance You're ALWAYS cussing throughout this. xD

I don't think that cussing is any kind of measure for me... seeing as how i don't cuss unless i hurt myself. mad D

However, i realized, i'll call my brother the average college student. mad D If he can make it, its a stressed , tops.

9,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Contributor 150
xD I'm not a fan of stroganoff, but I do know it's always a hit when it's served in the cafeteria. I'm sure there'll be tons of students who'll make this when the caf's not serving it up.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff