Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
2019 Cosplays

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:50 pm
Hey, everyone!

2018 is almost over. What are you 2019 cosplans? For me, I have a couple of things on the docket. I'm going to be making Qrow from RWBY, including his weapon (I can't WAIT to make this!), I'll finally finish Keele from Tales of Eternia, and I'm going to be remaking General Cross's Innocence, Judgement, from D. Gray-man.

I have no doubt that this list will quickly increase, but I want to start the year off a bit light since I'm also full on commissions and panels to create.

What are your plans? Anything you're particularly looking forward to?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:03 pm
ahhh those sound so cool! good luck!!
i'm planning on putting together haruka kokonose from kagerou project and hopefully find three others to put together the whole quartet! other than that, i'm thinking of working on morgiana from magi and updating my serena cosplay! depending on how things go this year i might be able to think about doing more complicated cosplays and i'm excited!

SweatshirtNinja27

Lonely Phantom

17,800 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

We_Stan_Speedsters

Aged Citizen

7,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:33 am
Oh man, it's been so long since i've seen anyone cosplay any character from D. Gray-man :0 Good luck with all your plans biggrin

I have a longer cosplan list, but for THIS year i'm gonna focuss on on finishing Pearl from steven universe and Nightcrawler from Marvel comics. I'm also gonna try to make Honda from gaikotsu shotening Honda-san this year  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:34 am
Greetings Fellow Guild Members,

This year will be the first year that I will be doing Crossplays. I plan on creating a Crossplay of Usagi and Sailor Venus. I also plan on doing a thoroughly planned Nurse Joy Crossplay from Pokemon. I have help for the Nurse Joy Crossplay. A friend of mine is going to create and sew this outfit for me which is so cool. I can't wait for the challenge of doing a Crossplay. Our Crew Member Xinitia has already given me advice about being in character as Nurse Joy. Wish me luck. The info that I'm getting from my experiences of creating / Buying / selling Cosplay / Crossplay outfits for my Gaia Online Avi research

Ron / Chante (Smithers456)
Guild Captain  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

nerdiepi

Crew

Anxious Shounen

15,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:31 am
I’m going to a few different cons and events this year and I’ll hopefully be able to get everything ready but!
My list is currently:
Fixing up my Sorcerer Glaceon
Eridan Ampora from Homestuck along with an LED Ahabs Crosshairs (his gun)
Jevil from Deltarune OR Asgore
OR
Jasper OR White Diamond (complete with wig LEDS and some in her cape) from Steven Universe
Magnus Burnsides from The Adventure Zone
Halloween Iida from Boku no Hero Academia
A lot that I’m thinking about!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:14 pm
This year, I’m planning to wear lots of Kingdom Hearts cosplays, whether they’re ones I already have or new ones. Although, I may sneak a Final Fantasy XV or anime cosplay here and there.

gaia_star I really do need to start making Kingdom Hearts 3 Riku. He’s my main priority to get done over any other cosplay. I need to get him done before end of August. My Destiny Islands trio (Kairi, Riku, Sora) will be going to Disney Land at end of September for Mickey’s Not So Scary event, where anyone can dress up and spend time in the park. (I’ve never been to Disney Land or any Disney park before, so I’m excited to go!)

gaia_star Kingdom Hearts cosplays that I already have:
- Axel
- casual Lea
- casual Riku (I have lots of ‘casual’ outfits for him, but I’m thinking of wearing western KH2 Riku to Otafest since theme of Otafest is western this year.)
- casual Sora
- KH2 Riku (I’m getting someone to remake his pants for me since my old ones aren’t baggy enough and the big pockets can’t fit my 3DS inside. This is for Sakura-Con, which will be my first American convention that I’ll be attending and I’ll be meeting some of my American friends there, so I’m excited!)
- KH2 Sora (This needs to be really fixed, so it’s not really an option to wear for this year though.)
- Lea (I’m getting a friend to make his Keyblade though. If my other friend has time, I’ll get them to restyle my Axel/Lea wig for me. This is for Otafest.)
- Org. XIII Riku
- Zexion

gaia_star Anime cosplays (I have most of these unless noted otherwise):
- Kyo (Fruits Basket) ~ I think I have everything to make his casual outfit (aka black shirt and cargo pants.
- Misa (Death Note)
- Sakura (Naruto)
- Sasuke (Naruto)
- Sasuke (Naruto Shippuden)
- Zero (Vampire Knight)

gaia_star Final Fantasy XV cosplays (I have all of these unless noted otherwise):
- Gladiolus (I would have to borrow glove, necklace, pants, and sword from my friend though.)
- kid Noctis
- Lunafreya (I will be wearing her on the Saturday of Sakura-Con.)

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:24 am
KayaLing
This year, I’m planning to wear lots of Kingdom Hearts cosplays, whether they’re ones I already have or new ones. Although, I may sneak a Final Fantasy XV or anime cosplay here and there.

gaia_star I really do need to start making Kingdom Hearts 3 Riku. He’s my main priority to get done over any other cosplay. I need to get him done before end of August. My Destiny Islands trio (Kairi, Riku, Sora) will be going to Disney Land at end of September for Mickey’s Not So Scary event, where anyone can dress up and spend time in the park. (I’ve never been to Disney Land or any Disney park before, so I’m excited to go!)

- Axel
- casual Lea
- casual Riku (I have lots of ‘casual’ outfits for him, but I’m thinking of wearing western KH2 Riku to Otafest since theme of Otafest is western this year.)
- casual Sora
- KH2 Riku (I’m getting someone to remake his pants for me since my old ones aren’t baggy enough and the big pockets can’t fit my 3DS inside. This is for Sakura-Con, which will be my first American convention that I’ll be attending and I’ll be meeting some of my American friends there, so I’m excited!)
- KH2 Sora (This needs to be really fixed, so it’s not really an option to wear for this year though.)
- Lea (I’m getting a friend to make his Keyblade though. If my other friend has time, I’ll get them to restyle my Axel/Lea wig for me. This is for Otafest.)
- Org. XIII Riku
- Zexion

- Kyo (Fruits Basket) ~ I think I have everything to make his casual outfit (aka black shirt and cargo pants.
- Misa (Death Note)
- Sakura (Naruto)
- Sasuke (Naruto)
- Zero (Vampire Knight)

gaia_star Final Fantasy XV cosplays (I have all of these unless noted otherwise):
- Gladiolus (I would have to borrow glove, necklace, pants, and sword from my friend though.)
- kid Noctis

Kaya, can I come visit you!! You do such cool outfits. Thanks as always for adding your knowledge and Love of Cosplay / Crossplay to this Guild. I have been to both Disney Land and Disney World when I was younger. If I go now I will visit the Disney Fairy's who need some Love. I do Love the Disney Princesses too, just look at my movie collection but I do miss my second favorite Fairy. My favorite of Course is my current name sake Chante!!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:44 pm
smithers456
KayaLing

- Axel
- casual Lea
- casual Sora
- Org. XIII Riku
- Zexion

- Misa (Death Note)
- Sakura (Naruto)
- Sasuke (Naruto)
- Zero (Vampire Knight)

- kid Noctis

Kaya, can I come visit you!! You do such cool outfits. Thanks as always for adding your knowledge and Love of Cosplay / Crossplay to this Guild. I have been to both Disney Land and Disney World when I was younger. If I go now I will visit the Disney Fairy's who need some Love. I do Love the Disney Princesses too, just look at my movie collection but I do miss my second favorite Fairy. My favorite of Course is my current name sake Chante!!

Hi, Chante! Maybe, you can come visit/see me at the same convention one day? That'll be cool.

Thanks for thinking so and you're very welcome! I try my best! ^^

Do you have any tips or ideas for things to see while I'm in Disney Land with my friends? We're definitely going to Splash Mountain as well as get pictures with our favorite Disney characters. We actually have a picture cosplay bucket list (Disney characters that we want pictures with in our cosplays).
For examples:
gaia_star Since Kairi is a Princess Of Heart, we're aiming to get pictures of her with as many Disney Princesses (i.e. the other Princesses Of Heart in the Kingdom Hearts series) as possible.
gaia_star Since Sora travels with Donald and Goofy in the Kingdom Hearts series, we're aiming to get pictures of him with those two.
gaia_star Since Riku is really good friends with King Mickey in the Kingdom Hearts series, we're aiming to get pictures of him with the king.

My favorite Disney princesses (queens included) are Ariel, Elsa, Kida, Jasmine, Mulan, and Rapunzel.

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Ouja Akuma

Wealthy Genius

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:46 am
Just 3 for sure planned:

Kashuu Kiyomitsu (new) ; Touken Ranbu
Xander ; Fire Emblem Fates
Male See-U ; Vocaloid

I'm sure more will squeze through the cracks but those are my priority.

I have 3 I'm working on right now that I don't really count:

Dabi (playboy bunny) ; My Hero
Nidhogg (military) ; Love Nikki
Lucio ; The Arcana  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:03 am
Ouja Akuma
Just 3 for sure planned:

Kashuu Kiyomitsu (new) ; Touken Ranbu
Xander ; Fire Emblem Fates
Male See-U ; Vocaloid

I'm sure more will squeze through the cracks but those are my priority.

I have 3 I'm working on right now that I don't really count:

Dabi (playboy bunny) ; My Hero
Nidhogg (military) ; Love Nikki
Lucio ; The Arcana

Oohh I love See-U ! I’m excited to see it if you decide to post the final product here! I’ve wanted to cosplay a few different vocaloid/UTAU characters for awhile now but something always comes up in terms of group cosplays ^^;
And good luck and have fun with your other cosplays as well!

nerdiepi

Crew

Anxious Shounen

15,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150

HannahCuteSocks

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:54 pm
Currently I'm only going to ACen for 2019 unless I magically find people to go to more cons with

But the cosplays I have planned for it are:

Nico Yazawa from Love Live! In school uniform

and my lolita outfit. Wanted to do lolita for a long time so I can't wait to finish the outfit and wear it around  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:00 pm
Just got back from anime los angeles did exodia with my friends and handed out ribbons. Currently planning a avenger group with my friends for anime expo.
Working on r.o.b. For next year and sho (twewy)  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:12 pm
Everyone has so many cool cosplays planned! I can't wait to see them come to fruition! Please be sure to post pictures.  
Convention Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games