Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Anime, Manga, & Video Game Discussion
What do you prefer Manga or Anime

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:22 am
Greetings Everyone,

These days their are many ways to view or read your favorite or new Japanese series. So I'm curious do you prefer Manga or Anime and whats your preferred way to read or watch your series. Also give us an answer why.

I prefer watching Anime on my collection of Blu Ray and DVD's. Since I own the different series I can watch them over and over. Also, since I'm a Cosplay Photographer watching Anime gives me ideas on what poses work well with cosplayers in photoshoots that I do.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:22 pm
I like both anime and manga. I watch both DUB and English SUB anime. Some anime, such as Blue Exorcist and Vampire Knight, I have watched both in SUB and DUB. Mostly due to how long the series are and if I'm impatient to wait on the DUB to come out (if it does).

I find that I have more time to watch anime than to read manga. Although, that doesn't stop me from buying manga and more of it, even if I haven't read the ones I bought before. XD;;

I like having hard copies of anime, but I've found a pretty good website called Kiss Anime that has the majority of anime out there. So, my buying of actual hard copy anime is limited now.

I feel like most manga series are better than the anime themselves. For example, Fruits Basket. Of course, there are anime series out there that is about the same as their manga selves. For example, Vampire Knight. At least, that is how I few them. Lol.

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

nerdiepi

Crew

Anxious Shounen

15,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:31 pm
While I love anime, often I find I prefer the manga! Getting to see my favourite series as an anime and in action is always a plus, but so many things can get left out!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:00 am
☯★

I, too, love both anime and manga!! I really do enjoy watching anime because i find I can get through anime a lot quicker than reading manga. I know that sounds odd, but I'm more of a visual learner, and I started enjoying anime by watching it when I was a kid. I really appreciate the art style and voice actors/actresses, which is another huge reason why I LOVE watching anime. I love how manga gives you more details and a more in-depth storyline. So yea! I guess I enjoy both for different reasons ^^

★☯

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100

Yumeno - Makishin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:12 pm
I've always preferred reading manga, since it saves more time and plots in the manga are sometimes absent in the anime. Although I like anime for its dynamics. I mean, gods, the animators are really talented. heart

Hmmm, if there was one manga/anime I'd give as an example, it'd be Ao Haru Ride. The ending in the anime was really open-ended, and they didn't really include Touma all that much. They still did a good job though.

Another would be D. Gray-Man. I can't really get used to the new voice actors... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:49 am
I prefer anime's but if it continues in manga then I don't mind the manga.  

perfectmistake123

3,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Trader 100
  • Signature Look 250

Koetto

Original Gaian

9,950 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:45 am
I prefer anime, just because I read so quickly that most manga are like a 15-25 minute read for me and the cost adds up pretty quickly since I don't like virtual manga/ebooks. I used to collect Naruto manga back in the early 2000s when they first started serializing them here, I also had a few volumes of Neon Genesis Evangelion: Angelic Days but unfortunately lost all my anime/manga in a house fire when I was 19 crying  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:23 am
Koetto
I prefer anime, just because I read so quickly that most manga are like a 15-25 minute read for me and the cost adds up pretty quickly since I don't like virtual manga/ebooks. I used to collect Naruto manga back in the early 2000s when they first started serializing them here, I also had a few volumes of Neon Genesis Evangelion: Angelic Days but unfortunately lost all my anime/manga in a house fire when I was 19 crying

I agree. I read to fast so the price really adds up.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
Anime, Manga, & Video Game Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers