Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[ ORP ] A day in the life of (Professor Red)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:31 pm
5:45 AM: [ PROFESSOR RED'S OFFICE ]

Professor Red wrapped her hands around the stone mug, bringing it close to her face as she breathed in the faint scent of her morning drink. She was pleased to discover that her tea didn't smell as bitter as it did yesterday. Perhaps she was finally getting the hang of it; those mini lessons with Professor Winter were paying off at last.

She carefully placed the heavy mug back down on her desk away from the papers in front of her. Red glanced up at the clock. It was still early morning, and the gloomy pumpkin-sun hadn't risen just yet. She had plenty of time.

10:23 AM: [ GYM CLASS - FIELD OUTSIDE THE GYM ]

PWEEEEEET!

"All right everyone! Stretch time's over!" Professor Red announced, lowering her whistle. "It's a beautiful day today, so that means it's time for laps!" She paused, letting the collective groan from the students rise and settle before continuing, "I want ten laps around the field in your student form, no flying, no natural abilities. You've only got your own two legs. And --" she held her taloned hand up, "You're welcomed to try and cheat, but if I catch you that means you run two extra laps. Got it? GO!"

Red blew her whistle, watching as the students scattered. "And all of you better run the same direction around the field!" She yelled after them.

OOC

If your character decides to cheat, roll 1d10. If you roll a 1 or 2, your character is caught! Red will blow her whistle and shout " I see you! Two extra laps for you!"

Caught? Your RP post must be 250 words. That's what you get for tryin to cheat. :v

1:48 PM: [ AMITYVILLE CLASSROOM - FEAR LECTURE ]

"Technically speaking, it is possible to survive in Halloween without needing to eat anything," Professor Red began to explain, "But if you're used to eating, suddenly switching from eating to not eating anything can be tough on your body. Your body has needs too, from eating to sleeping to -" she paused, waving her hands as knowing sniggers from the classroom filled the silence. "I was going to say exercise, but hey whatever rocks your coffin. Use protection charms." Professor Red quipped, waving her hands.

"But to get back on track, everyone needs Fear to survive. While you're in Halloween you absorb it naturally, however eating food can give you a quick boost. An even faster way is to use pumpkin pulls, which are tiny little concentrated bits of Fear."

Red reached into a pouch on her belt, pulling out a pumpkin pill and holding it up to the class to see. "These are more commonly used for medicinal purposes however. I believe some of you are familiar with these. Using one can fill your Fear; the amount of Fear a person can hold varies from person to person."

Professor Red put the pumpkin pill away. "Normally, the stronger the Halloween creature, the more Fear they can hold and tolerate. Now some of you -- looking at you, carnivores -- may be thinking along the lines of, 'Hey I'm made of Fear. That person is made of Fear. Can't I just eat them?'"

As the question sunk in, Professor Red placed her hands on her hips and leveled a glare at the class. "Short answer: don't. Long answer: the amount of Fear in a person from Halloween is many, many, many times higher and more concentrated then a pumpkin pill. Eating someone can and will cause you to explode into many, many pieces. Even eating a piece of someone can very likely cause your stomach to explode in a very messy manner."

The teacher sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. "Great, now I'm talking about cannibalism. I'm pretty sure some other teacher's going to have my hide for taking their lecture topic, but the main take away points for you guys is that eating someone is a huge social taboo in Halloween society. While there are some clans that partake in it, it's usually a highly ritualized thing that I'm not the best person to ask about. For now, if you guys are curious about it I'm going to straight up tell you that doing so will result in a very painful, and a very long recovery after being dissipated from cannibalism. All you're getting from me is a quick don't do it I told you so and I never endorsed this."

"And in better news," Professor Red continued, "It looks like we've got less than 10 minutes left. Anyone have any questions?"

OOC

If your character has any questions, please be sure to quote me so Red can respond!

3:15 PM: [ AMITYVILLE CAMPUS ]
With a hiss and a pop, Professor Red cracked open her can of spoopy soda and drank from it. She grimaced, then forced the rest of it down. She really, really needed to stop taking her chances with the "mystery flavor" option.

The professor tossed her can into the recycle bin and began to wander campus, playing the role of hall monitor.

5:42 PM: [ ??? ]
As the sun began to set, Professor Red was last seen heading into the Forbidden Forest.

OOC

Professor Red is Amityville's Gym Teacher. She is also a Boogeyman, and looks like this.
You can find her office here!
Professor Red also has Stage 4 Insanity due to a series of events that caused her to become fused with a hunter weapon. Otherwise she initially began life as a werewolf, and still doesn't know what she should tell people when they ask her what she is.

Here is a breakdown of Red's day:
Early morning - Red's in her office, doing paperwork.
Late morning - Red is usually teaching gym class.
Afternoon - Red is giving lectures in class.
Late afternoon - Red is recruiting for detention hall/campus monitoring
Evening - ???

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:49 pm
Marushii

One student raises their hand...or exactly, a tangled vines from a makeshift drink-cup-turned-pot sitting at the side of her desk.

"So you can't directly 'eat' them since they have too much Fear, okay, but since they are made of Fear, and we can obtain that by just breathing in, can't we just, like, hang the body part nearby and let the FEAR dissipate little-by-little, so we can absorb it safely? Or like, dry that body part, ground them finely and use them as spices?"

Talk about morbid. Since she was originally a plant Mahlan does not have any qualms about cannibalism-plants are known to send seeds to grow atop another already rotting tree, so yeah.

OOC

Mahlan was a quirky Plant spirit with emphasis on FREE on spirit part.

Rathurue

Alien Abductee

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:05 am
Marushii

Another ghoul, sitting at the back of the class, raised their hand after the last student had asked their question.

"And what about eating humans?" Pokerus asked, looking dead serious. "Is that considered a taboo as well?"

She was pretty sure she knew the answer, and half expected a verbal lashing for asking such a obvious question, but then the chance to find out more information about the subject was too tempting to pass up.

Quote:

Pokerus is a water dragon alumni who likes punching things.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:09 pm

Passing Red in the hallways Rengath looked at the gym teacher, paused, and then offered her some of his human flavored chips. The word left his mouth casually, "We haven't had that many detentions recently." Though he was looking almost disappointed about it.

"They're getting smarter."

Marushii

iStoleYurVamps
Crew

Trash Husband

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:27 am
[8:30 am - Professor Red's Office]

"Good Morning Professor," she greeted, knocking before entering. Unlike with a certain other secretary, the ghoul was more careful around the gym teacher for many reasons.

"Regarding that recent incident," she began, reaching up to touch the hairpin unconsciously, "Should I be making a report to the boogeymen?"

"...Or would you like the details personally?"

Marushii
frost demon alumni |D. Looking to provide information about the day zero rescue if ok ;v;/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:46 pm
Rathurue

1:50 PM: [ AMITYVILLE CLASSROOM - FEAR LECTURE ]

Professor Red shook her head. "Limbs dissipate too quickly for that. Even if you pick up a spare limb from an Undead chop shop, you won't be able to absorb Fear from it in that matter. As for your second question... um..." The werewolf stared at the student. "That's a question better suited for lunchlady Ginger or Ms. Caroline. I personally prefer things on the raw side, so..." Professor Red shrugged.

poke mattix

1:51 PM: [ AMITYVILLE CLASSROOM - FEAR LECTURE ]

"And ew." Professor Red stuck her tongue out at the dragon's question. "Humans are disgusting and you won't get the taste out of your mouth for weeks. Some people equate them to tasting like sand, but it's like..." The professor wrinkled her nose, frowning. "It's difficult to describe. For me, it was like... Plastic? Really, really poorly made plastic that makes your jaws hurt."

Professor Red grimaced openly. "And before you ask, dissipating makes the taste even worse. Honestly, it feels like the laws against humans are mostly there to prevent getting that taste in your mouth. Eating humans isn't taboo, but it's highly highly illegal. And yes, we will know if you eat someone. Depending on what you've done you're looking at anything from having your passport revoked to having it revoked permanently to community service or jail time."

"If you're curious there are shops that sell imitation humans you can rip apart," Professor Red added, "And if you know the right people and have enough seeds there are places that will straight-up sell you human meat. But those places tend to be shams and given that it's also illegal to purchase actual human meat... well." Professor Red shrugged. "Hey, it's entirely up to you guys what you wanna do. I'm not your mother so I'm not going to stop you. I'm just going to point out that it's a really bad idea."

iStoleYurVamps

Professor Red glanced at the bag, then shook her head and waved the chips away. "Pass, and just you wait I've got a plan to fix that."

Zyphiris

At the ghoul's question, Professor Red carefully fed the rest of her paper-stack to her inbox in order to give the student her full attention. "It depends," she began. "Do you feel comfortable writing everything down, or would you like someone to talk it over with?"  

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:38 am

"I would not mind writing a report but I am unsure if they would be so ... receptive towards the bare truth," she answered. As far as she knew, the boogeymen were trying to keep the existence of hunters very hush hush, and as for the even more problematic matters of Insanity and Legacies, well, any report would probably end up being buried.

"The hunters were there," she began, deciding that at least someone should know, "For the same purpose it seems. As for the rescued humans, well, it might be safe to assume that some of them were taken in by the hunters."

"As for the cause of the incident, it was the work of a Legacy." She paused, unsure of how to continue. The hairpin sat in her hair innocuously, though the story behind it was much more...

Marushii

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:32 am
Marushii
HI I LUV U

1:52 PM: [ AMITYVILLE CLASSROOM - FEAR LECTURE ]

...Well, so much for knowing the answer. At first Pokerus just gave the teacher a deadpan stare, because she was struggling to believe that humans were supposed to taste bad. Not that she had ever wanted to eat humans, the actual idea was barbaric to her, but she knew a few creeple in halloween that would object to this reasoning.

Oh, and apparently they felt like plastic in your jaws. Yeah, ahuh, sure whatever you say.

It was then her face changed from one of disbelief to utter horror, as in dawned on her that Professor Red had first hand experience in eating humans. Her claws dug into the table so much that the wood audibly splintered, her mind pondering as to how she had obtained this experience.

The professor continued talking about the consequences, the dragons emotions ranging from more disbelief to confusion to downright what the jack was going on. Was Red trying to dissuade them from ever participating in eating humans by playing it down or did she just not care about it? Wasn't she supposed to be a boogeyman? And here she was saying 'yeah it's a bad idea but I aint stopping you." The jack?!

At the end of the explaination, Pokerus was looking pretty stunned. Slowly, she raised her hand up again. "I though...if one ate humans, the penalty was either banishment from halloween, or even death." If the stories her parents told her were true, then this was the fate her Aunt had barely escaped for her crimes. But then, they were known to exaggerate things sometimes...

She wasn't done asking questions either. "And I've also heard....from some places, that one can obtain a license to hunt humans. Is that true?"

Quote:

Pokerus is a water dragon alumni who likes punching things.

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Seiana_ZI

Codebreaking Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:02 am
1:52 HE: Amityville Classroom - Fear Lecture

Cearney would admit, this particular lecture had been fascinating. He was rapt, leaning forward a bit in his seat with his hands under his chin.

Pumpkin Pills especially sounded useful. Where could he get more of those? They might be good for stake out missions and allow him not to eat for an extended period of time. Maybe it would let him get at more valuable things than he could now--

The subject suddenly veered from pumpkin pills to cannibalism to... human-eating. Cearney had never considered the sort, but he wasn't all that surprised to hear that a monster did. Seemed like the type of things monsters would consider, anyway...

Wait. The monster's question brought up a valid one for Cearney, "Can you get banished from Halloween?"

Marushii
poke mattix
Quote:
Cearney has a profile here! He's a first year demon/fae student with a desire for your stuff and snarking at people.

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games