Looking back at old posts Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Liza Liopleurodon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:56 am
.... gonk
8ish Just under 11 years ago I first joined Gaia and shortly thereafter teh LSG. Reflecting on how I used to come across to people is both ruining my day right now and making me feel very grateful for change and growth. Anyone else ever feel this way or am I only the one that really just sucked as an adolescent?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:25 am
I feel the same way.  

Tenacious Travis

Dapper Sex Symbol

8,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Contributor 150

Cuivie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:35 pm
Everyone sucks as an adolescent.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:41 am
I wasn't here as a teenager.  

The Reverend Menagerie

O.G. Codger

Junai Bokunenjin

Ferocious Flautist

51,590 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Forever a Musician 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:45 am
The Reverend Menagerie

From now on, you are Grampa Rev.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:55 am
The thought of looking into my posting history is making me ill. It's been almost 12 years since I joined, and I don't even wanna think about what I posted back then.  

Zelkiiro

Fashionable Lunatic

8,300 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Hygienic 200

Confectionery Puff Rock

10,500 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:16 pm
I really am not going to look back at old posts ack, but Facebook has that memories thing and statuses from 5-6 years ago are terrifying. I've been deleting quite a few of them out of embarrassment even though most people would never see them.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:55 pm
Junai Bokunenjin
The Reverend Menagerie

I've been that for years.

At least I'm not the creepy uncle. I think.  

The Reverend Menagerie

O.G. Codger

Undecidability

Shirtless Fairy

9,075 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:06 pm
I'm annoyed by my own old posts, but I'm also annoyed by everyone else's. At least I wasn't any more annoying than anyone else!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:47 am
I was 25 when I joined this guild and 90% of the s**t I posted then makes me cringe. If I could go back in time and backhand my 23-25 year old self in face, I would.

I didn't know better when I was a teenager. We're all awkward and do weird angsty s**t at that age, it's part of growing up. But uhg. Early 20's me can eat a d**k.

Xiporah

Wisdom Chyck

O.G. Codger

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:25 pm
Yes times a million, sweet merciful hell... XP
This actually happened to me on LJ (remember that old chestnut? lolol)
I was going through old entries and it was just... ugh...... *shudder*
I honestly wondered why the hell anyone tolerated me/my behaviour, it was just... UGH.
Needless to say I archived that s**t so it'd never see the light of day again :I

Cuivie
Everyone sucks as an adolescent.
Quoted for truth

EDIT: Wait a minute... CUIVIE!?!?!?!?
Holy s**t! Wild Cuivie appears!!! (yes, I will beat that meme to death)
How's it going?? I read about your post in Mom's thread about studying design, and that's pretty rad!
p.s. I miss yooooooou... ;^; (I miss a lot of people... emo )

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:01 pm
BRIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!!!! I have been trying to get in touch with you!

Well, thank goodness I'm not the only one. I'm glad I got the chance to grow up on here talking to such amazing people, though. I feel like it really made a difference, and I'm sad I stopped coming here for so long.

Timehop makes me cringe as well...I've only had a facebook for about 6 years but even 2-6 years ago me was a me I want to erase from time. sweatdrop  

Liza Liopleurodon

Liza Liopleurodon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:02 pm
The Reverend Menagerie
Junai Bokunenjin
The Reverend Menagerie

I've been that for years.

At least I'm not the creepy uncle. I think.

Nah, wise and soft-spoken grampa is how I envision you at this point.  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 3:10 am
Liza Liopleurodon
BRIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!!!! I have been trying to get in touch with you!

I'm moderately easy to reach over facebook and super-easy to reach via e-mail or google hangouts. I don't really use anything else anymore because my life pretty much is illustration now, which I'm really okay with on the one hand, but a stressed out wreck with back-pains on the other. :v
I'll pm you my e-mail since I have no idea how to reach you otherwise either

Wisdom Chyck
Wait a minute... CUIVIE!?!?!?!?
Holy s**t! Wild Cuivie appears!!! (yes, I will beat that meme to death)
How's it going?? I read about your post in Mom's thread about studying design, and that's pretty rad!
p.s. I miss yooooooou... ;^; (I miss a lot of people... )

sup
Life has been going pretty well, especially in comparison to my, well, adolescence. I've grown a thicker skin to everything but my biggest troubles are pretty much my workload and what's left of my OCD. I was even in a relationship that wasn't long distance for a year (oh god writing that out feels so weird). I'll have my bachelor's degree in ~2 years and will start on my promotion then if everything goes well, but so far, I got that path pretty much paved out already. I discovered that I seem to have a serious knack for media theory (semiotics, film theory, game theory, phenomenology aso.) during my first year of uni and landed a tutoring job in that department this year, plus possibly being a speaker at a related scientific convention and getting my first paper released this winter which is incredible and incredibly scary at the same time. Still wanna draw comics, though, nothing's changed about that. Even though I'm preoccupied with game design this semester to get some courses I'll need, my main focus is pretty much getting gud at drawing still.
What about you?

Cuivie

Wisdom Chyck

O.G. Codger

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 8:09 pm
Cuivie
sup
Life has been going pretty well, especially in comparison to my, well, adolescence. I've grown a thicker skin to everything but my biggest troubles are pretty much my workload and what's left of my OCD. I was even in a relationship that wasn't long distance for a year (oh god writing that out feels so weird). I'll have my bachelor's degree in ~2 years and will start on my promotion then if everything goes well, but so far, I got that path pretty much paved out already. I discovered that I seem to have a serious knack for media theory (semiotics, film theory, game theory, phenomenology aso.) during my first year of uni and landed a tutoring job in that department this year, plus possibly being a speaker at a related scientific convention and getting my first paper released this winter which is incredible and incredibly scary at the same time. Still wanna draw comics, though, nothing's changed about that. Even though I'm preoccupied with game design this semester to get some courses I'll need, my main focus is pretty much getting gud at drawing still.
What about you?

Wow, that is crazy and scary and awesome all at the same time! I'm so glad things are going well for you! <3
Me? Pfft... well... let's just say you've got the world sussed out while all my insides are falling to pieces.

Okay maybe it's not that bad lolol
(And shame on anyone who doesn't get what I'm referencing)

Nah, things are a'ight. I've got my ups and downs and am focusing more on the ups since that's just a healthier thing to do! ;P
But we haven't chatted in a while so I guess I should go over all the s**t that's been going on lately.
Let's do the bad stuff first and get it out of the way, and then the good stuff.

BAD STUFF:
My mom died of terminal cancer back in September 2013. Needless to say, it was like being hit by a freight train filled with bricks.
As a result, I'm living in my old house taking over her job as superintendent i.e. doing ******** EVERYTHING from cooking to laundry to yard work.
That isn't so bad, really. I actually like to cook and gardening is pretty rewarding too, it's just that my dad is... rrrg... let's just say I'm not a huge fan.
Oh and I'm kinda broke, but who isn't these days?

GOOD STUFF:
Like I said, doing cooking etc. isn't so bad, and it's better still because my fiancé is living here with me and he helps out with e'rrything!
Ah I love him so much! He's the greatest thing since sliced bread <3
One of these days we'll get married, but meh. We're committed to each other and I think that's more important than a piece of paper.
Oh and while I'm kinda broke, I do at least have a good job that pays well, it's just a matter of geting more hours.
Right now it's the summer semester so I only have like 3 hours of work a week lolol
As for drawing and stuff? I need to get off my a** and actually DO some. Like gawt daymn. My devArt page is pretty lacking, lemme tell ya. :I

So yeah! No where near as crazy and awesome as what's been going on with you, but still pretty cray-cray ba-nay-nay!

The Literate Spam Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff