Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaians of Florida

Back to Guilds

A place for Floridians to meet other Floridians! 

Tags: Florida 

Reply Gaians of Florida
It's cold!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kaybelle27

Fashionable Fatcat

6,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:07 am
What does everyone think about this late cold snap? It's supposed to be 29 in Orlando tonight crying . I'm not a fan- and will be glad when it's back up to 80 this weekend!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:46 am
stare ... the weather is trying to kill us...  

Zelexia

Barton Lover

47,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Team Rina 200
  • Cheerbringer 100

TheRob
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Prophet

43,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:17 pm
I sleep during the day and it was nice and warm under my blankets. Was it cold today? I didn't notice. gaia_kittenstar  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:24 pm
I'm in Winter Haven xD, it's like so freezing here  

-I- Sudden Abyss -I-

Edgiest Vampire

38,400 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Invisibility 100
  • 50 Wins 150

FORTRAN77

Tipsy Genius

13,675 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:29 pm
It amuses me to hear Floridians complain about how cold it is.
Oh look, it's supposed to hit -15 on Saturday, before windchill. (Right now it's 12 degrees and feels like -3.) The weather here actually IS trying to kill you.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:12 pm
FORTRAN77
Oh look, it's supposed to hit -15 on Saturday, before windchill. (Right now it's 12 degrees and feels like -3.) The weather here actually IS trying to kill you.

My gripe is when it goes from Shorts Weather to Jacket Weather to Shorts Weather to Jacket Weather to Shorts Weather in short succession like it has been the past few weeks. It's hard for me to adjust with such drastic weather changes.

The weather is not trying to Freeze me to Death, it's trying to weaken my immune system so that Pneumonia can finish me off instead. It's sneaky and dastardly, this Florida Weather. stare  

Zelexia

Barton Lover

47,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Team Rina 200
  • Cheerbringer 100

TheRob
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Prophet

43,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:15 pm
FORTRAN77

It's supposed to be somewhere in the 70's in Orlando on Saturday and 80 on Sunday.

*sips tea*

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:04 pm
Biggest problem is the dry skin. (plus I'm allergic to nearly every lotion on the planet)
Now I look like I'm advertising for band-aids from my knuckles splitting.

(I moved away from this cold crap 4 years ago! Stop following me!)  

XxZanavieldxX

Generous Firestarter

10,700 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100

Vickicat
Crew

Shy Poster

13,115 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:32 pm
Zelexia
FORTRAN77

My gripe is when it goes from Shorts Weather to Jacket Weather to Shorts Weather to Jacket Weather to Shorts Weather in short succession like it has been the past few weeks. It's hard for me to adjust with such drastic weather changes.

The weather is not trying to Freeze me to Death, it's trying to weaken my immune system so that Pneumonia can finish me off instead. It's sneaky and dastardly, this Florida Weather. stare

This exactly. I never know what the hell to wear in the morning in the winter until I check the weather. I've made the mistake before of wearing a sweater only to go outside and find that it's 70 and I'm sweating my a** off. Or a tshirt only to freeze because it's 50. Or I'll check and dress appropriately, only to be burning up or freezing later because the temperature changed drastically and I can't go home and change. It makes me miserable and I hate it. I'd actually just prefer it to be cold all through winter because at least I could dress appropriately and then the cold wouldn't bother me.

Also it really annoys me when people up north complain that it is so much colder and that people in Florida shouldn't complain. It's different, and I can't explain it, but in Florida when it gets cold it just feels so much colder and worse. When I was in New Jersey it was colder most days than it was here these past two days but it sure as hell didn't feel like it. I walked all around New York City in the cold, even stood outside for hours on New Years Eve and for the most part wasn't bothered by it (my feet did get numb after a few hours and I went inside to warm up but aside from that I was fine). I don't think I could do that here. I don't know why. But I'm not the only one who has noticed this either.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:47 pm
Vickicat
Zelexia
FORTRAN77

This exactly. I never know what the hell to wear in the morning in the winter until I check the weather. I've made the mistake before of wearing a sweater only to go outside and find that it's 70 and I'm sweating my a** off. Or a tshirt only to freeze because it's 50. Or I'll check and dress appropriately, only to be burning up or freezing later because the temperature changed drastically and I can't go home and change. It makes me miserable and I hate it. I'd actually just prefer it to be cold all through winter because at least I could dress appropriately and then the cold wouldn't bother me.

Also it really annoys me when people up north complain that it is so much colder and that people in Florida shouldn't complain. It's different, and I can't explain it, but in Florida when it gets cold it just feels so much colder and worse. When I was in New Jersey it was colder most days than it was here these past two days but it sure as hell didn't feel like it. I walked all around New York City in the cold, even stood outside for hours on New Years Eve and for the most part wasn't bothered by it (my feet did get numb after a few hours and I went inside to warm up but aside from that I was fine). I don't think I could do that here. I don't know why. But I'm not the only one who has noticed this either.

Yeah, no, you're right. For some reason Florida cold is just as cold as cold cold. It'd hit 30 and the CPs from colder climates would be just as bundled up as the locals. I'd just gotten (yet another) email from the school saying it's supposed to be ******** cold again and that we should bundle up or risk frostbite. But as Zelexia said, I prefer the cold (and it's been overhyped this year anyway) to warm cold warm cold trying to get you to get pneumonia. Ick.  

FORTRAN77

Tipsy Genius

13,675 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Angel hallo

Beloved Mage

16,915 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:00 am
Floridas doing that bipolar thing again where its hot one day then freezing the next.....it sucks  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:16 pm
Angel hallo
Floridas doing that bipolar thing again where its hot one day then freezing the next.....it sucks
When I went to bed earlier, I ended up putting a blanket over me to be warm and snuggly. Then some hours later I wake up early and am sweatdrop emotion_eyebrow  

TheRob
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Prophet

43,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200
Gaians of Florida

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers