Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
LGBTQ gaians, how "out of the closet" are you? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ojibun

Fluffy Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:12 am
I'm completely out now. Well, not like i was hiding it before. I just never said it outloud. I never went like,"Hey, i'm gay!" to my family, my actions spoke louder than just saying it. So they already knew before i just openly said it to my other family who lives far away. And the fact i have a long distance relationship and i'm pretty open about it, so... I guess i'm fully out?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:36 am
How out I am as a transwoman depends on how well-informed the person is. I'm personally out to my very inner circle friends, with my mom, my counselors, and my school guidance counselor (for which without I wouldn't even be alive, let alone mentally sentient). I'm also out, of course, with other trans-people. I don't go around flaunting my identity though. To the world and those who aren't particularly perspicacious or harbor the acumen sight to see through "deception" (see: not even deception, since I am, in my heart and mind, a woman), I'm just a regular girl trying to get by in society. Whenever I go to school or somewhere I don't have to dress to impress, I'm comfortable. But when I have to dress to impress, I release the bun, put on a dress, and walk in heels as if I were walking down the runway and was Carmen Carrera just yesterday.

Hexenzirkel

x-xblackened-romancex-x

Dangerous Sex Symbol

9,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:27 pm
I need help with this actually, because I don't know. Here's a little story to help you understand my situation better before jumping to conclusions:
In the 8th grade I started a year long relationship with my best friend, Ailee. I'm not saying I got beat up on the soccer field because of our decision, but I firmly believe that's only because female homosexuals are less frowned upon than males, but we did endure a lot of name calling and other such bullying.
The boys in my grade were constantly asking "Who's the pitcher and who's the catcher?" and "Are you sure you don't have a d*ck?" because of the fact that I wore baggy jeans and shirts to school all the time as well as never touched a dab of makeup. I was used to this type of ridicule before I had started dating Ailee as I never had any female friends (other than her, of course) and always played with the guys outside at recess. It wasn't until half way through my freshman year in high school when I kissed my girlfriend in front of an older teacher that I really learned what it meant to really be thought of as "different."
I was outside in the unused area of my high school parking lot where we were holding our afternoon marching band rehearsals when we were all told to break into our sections. As you could probably guess, I was the only girl in the Low Brass section (I played tenor saxophone, but the parts were always similar to the baritone). We were preparing to stand in our line when one of my section members spoke up:
"Hey, next time could you be more cautious as to where you kiss your girlfriend? I mean, holding hands in the hallway is one thing, but not everyone wants to see that. I'm sure Mr. Todd (the elderly teacher) especially didn't care for it (even though he didn't say anything at all regarding the kiss, or scold us for Public Display of Affection)."
As soon as he stopped talking, everyone in my section looked at him and scowled. I was awe-struck and had no idea what to say. My face flushed because up until then I had never thought that people might actually be disgusted by my lifestyle. That's when my section leader, and very close friend of mine, spoke up. He got uncomfortably close to the boy, puffed out his chest, and raised his voice:
"Who are you to tell her what she can and can't do? We don't walk around and scold you for being an arrogant p***k all the time, and nobody wants to hear your smart*ss remarks, but you say them anyways, so what the f*ck does it matter? Kissing a girl is not a crime, but bigotry can become one. Apologize. Right now."
And he did. The boy apologized and never said another word regarding the topic to me. Ailee and I continued dating for another few months and then ended the relationship on mutual terms, but we continue to be best friends to this day, 4 years later.
The problem now is that I have a boyfriend of a year and four months whom I've been living with since a month into our relationship and he's concerned about my sexual orientation. I don't particularly enjoy intercourse with him, not because I don't love him, but because it's just awkward and painful. I love him more than anything in the world and would do anything to make him happy, but sex is a big part of an intimate relationship. He has recently been asking me if I'm gay, and I keep telling him no, but I honestly have no idea. In my relationship with Ailee, we were both too young to even be concerned about such things and I haven't been with another girl since. I do find women more aesthetically pleasing than men, and in most cases, much easier to get along with, but I don't know what it would be like to be intimate with one. There are plenty of times when I catch myself thinking about what it would be like to take a girl from work or the gas station out on a date because I feel like I would thoroughly enjoy myself. I don't want to tell him "yes" just to find out that I'm not and mess up what I already have going for us, but I also don't want to continue to wonder and upset each other because of our circumstance.

What should I do?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:05 pm
I'm only out as bisexual to online friends and a few friends IRL (all from college). I'm not out to family. Probably for the best though.  

TigerLilyChick

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Pent and Ten

Moonlight Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:49 pm
I really like this question.
I've never been the kind of person who goes "LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME".
I'm more of a laid back kinda person and since I figured this part of myself out I've told people who have asked and brought it up when appropriate (like bringing someone over for dinner).
I would by no means say I've really hidden it since I figured it out.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:51 pm
I'm open but unconcerned about my bisexuality. I know people on both sides don't think I'd be real, what with being in a steady relationship for years with a woman, but I'm fulfilling the part where I can't actually stand anyone else.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

Infinite_Randomness

Witty Dabbler

12,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:27 am
I'm somewhat out- since I've come to learn (or rather, accept) being Bi recently, I've told my parents, who surprised me with their support- my who surprised me the most! My grandmother also surprised me with her perspective on my coming out smile , as well as a few friends at school. As for anyone else, no. Of course, if I were to join a LGBTQ+ interest group of some kind, and maybe even an interest group based on my other identities, then yeah.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:38 am
x-xblackened-romancex-x
I need help with this actually, because I don't know. Here's a little story to help you understand my situation better before jumping to conclusions:
In the 8th grade I started a year long relationship with my best friend, Ailee. I'm not saying I got beat up on the soccer field because of our decision, but I firmly believe that's only because female homosexuals are less frowned upon than males, but we did endure a lot of name calling and other such bullying.
... I don't want to tell him "yes" just to find out that I'm not and mess up what I already have going for us, but I also don't want to continue to wonder and upset each other because of our circumstance.

What should I do?

Have you considered that you may be Bi(sexual)? Or perhaps Biromantic? Your romantic leanings could be different from your sexual (behavior) preference. But also, you may want to see a couples or sex therapist for your problems having intercourse with your boyfriend.  

Infinite_Randomness

Witty Dabbler

12,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Window Shopper 100

x-xblackened-romancex-x

Dangerous Sex Symbol

9,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:40 pm
Infinite_Randomness
x-xblackened-romancex-x
... I don't want to tell him "yes" just to find out that I'm not and mess up what I already have going for us, but I also don't want to continue to wonder and upset each other because of our circumstance.

What should I do?

Have you considered that you may be Bi(sexual)? Or perhaps Biromantic? Your romantic leanings could be different from your sexual (behavior) preference. But also, you may want to see a couples or sex therapist for your problems having intercourse with your boyfriend.

I know I am bisexual, I just don't know if this will ultimately effect my current relationship for the worse. A sex therapist may be a good idea. Thank you c:  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:02 pm
x-xblackened-romancex-x
Infinite_Randomness
x-xblackened-romancex-x

What should I do?

I know I am bisexual, I just don't know if this will ultimately effect my current relationship for the worse. A sex therapist may be a good idea. Thank you c:

You are most welcome- I'm hopeful since you love each other and you are trying to work towards a solution. I hope everything turns out for the best. smile  

Infinite_Randomness

Witty Dabbler

12,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Window Shopper 100

Infinite_Randomness

Witty Dabbler

12,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:07 pm
Her Imperial Splendour
How out I am as a transwoman depends on how well-informed the person is. I'm personally out to my very inner circle friends, with my mom, my counselors, and my school guidance counselor (for which without I wouldn't even be alive, let alone mentally sentient). I'm also out, of course, with other trans-people. I don't go around flaunting my identity though. To the world and those who aren't particularly perspicacious or harbor the acumen sight to see through "deception" (see: not even deception, since I am, in my heart and mind, a woman), I'm just a regular girl trying to get by in society. Whenever I go to school or somewhere I don't have to dress to impress, I'm comfortable. But when I have to dress to impress, I release the bun, put on a dress, and walk in heels as if I were walking down the runway and was Carmen Carrera just yesterday.

Hey-just wanted to say that in addition to your answer, that I love your avatar- she's resplendent!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:10 pm
Her Imperial Splendour

Yeah.... I was going to post my own thing, but you've already said most of what I was going to say right here.  

CloudyTwister1020

Generous Muse

8,150 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Millionaire 200

Hugel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:18 pm
Most days I'm quite fine being under the Asexual umbrella. Though most people around, don't think it exists.

Then there are days when I want to kick my self and tell myself that I'm being the type of person that some LGBTQ people probably highly dislike, and straight people just jeer at and say to 'get a life'.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:02 pm
I've been almost completely out of the closet since March 15, 2011. The only people who don't know yet are distant family members (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.) - but I'll get to that eventually.  

Nick the Knack

ADSOC

Dangerous Lunatic

10,100 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:13 pm
Only a few people know. None of my coworkers know as a couple would give me problems.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff