Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
How visible is your sexuality? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hexenzirkel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:15 am
I actually never truly note down how visible my sexuality or gender is. When I go to school, I wear jeans, a hoodie, and the school uniform shirt, and that's it. When I go out, I wear something that I'll be comfortable in, whilst sticking to typical weather-matching sensibilities.

I'm a "straight" transgirl, but either way, I wear whatever I'm most comfortable in depending on the situations and circumstances.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:14 pm
I'm kinda goth at school but with all the rainbows I wear I'm commonly mistaken for emo. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion of course, so I guess it's pretty obvious for me. Or at least, it SHOULD be! I used to be a transvestite bisexual, but now that I've started dressing like my gender (for the most part, I still don't like skirts) I've replaced my haircut and cargo pants for rainbow wristbands, pride necklaces and belts. Yet I'm still asked what sexuality I am. It's come to the point where I take the name "f**" as a compliment, and yell "THEY GET IT!!"
I think I'm trying too hard. Either that or I simply get too much enjoyment out of pride things. xd
Peace love and pride, my dears~ heart  

untilthegothicrevolution

Hiacinth

Feral Fatcat

18,875 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:02 pm
I'm about as visible as air. Everyone assumes I'm straight, and people will even argue with me sometimes when I tell them I'm not >.< I'm bi, and I think I may be asexual as well, and I'm too shy to flirt with girls (or anyone else) as I live in the bible belt and attend a private Catholic college. My clothing choices are usually just a t-shirt and jeans and a hoodie, and all I have as far as pride stuff is one little rainbow pin. Most of my friends and my parents know, but I think even they forget sometimes. It is what it is. Bi erasure sucks.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:26 pm
I don't really "advertise" my sexuality, though I do like rainbow accessories like bracelets and earrings.  

Dionnysia

Girl-Crazy Trickster

12,425 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Conventioneer 300

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:05 pm
Considering I usually dress in a very unisex way, not very most of the time unless you see my underwear.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:13 pm
Visible, but I probably won't burn your eyes out sweatdrop

I have a "gay" voice, and "feminine" qualities to my mannerisms. I enjoy the "masculine" and "feminine" qualities of myself, and most people usually know except for a few here and there who are either kind enough to ask, don't assume, or maybe I'm not as visible as I think I am.

With all that said once I stopped caring what others thought of my sexuality(Including people in the LGBTQ community) I realized that my feet walk in the gray line between "super visible", and "Invisible". However that's only my own perception of myself, and I get mixed answers from others.  

WritingErick

6,000 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Isabella Kiyoshi

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:26 am
So far barely anyone I know realized that I'm bi/pansexual. The people I did tell were surprised that I am. The only person who did figure it out was my mom, so I guess I'm fairly invisible  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:58 am
Pretty out there, haha.  

Maniacs Symphony

Dapper Kitten

Scissors83

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:08 pm
Apparently very visible because that is pretty much one of the first things people ask me.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:53 pm
My gayness level is over 85,000. Everyone within a 200 mile radius is immediately turned into a raging queer. Rainbows sprout from every fountain, and unicorns gallop the streets.

User Image  

VeganIncubus

Sparkling Man-Lover

12,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100

InoRoux

The Committee Staff Genius

3,400 Points
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:52 pm

Hmn, I'll get back to you the first chance I get to see myself in the eye of the general public... ninja

Only my other LGBT friends probably got the hint that Gender matters not to me.

My best friend definitely found out...and the public. I probably look like a boring normal person who wears crazy coloured converse.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:34 pm
Not visible. With the bi erasure and only being out to a few friends from college, my sexuality isn't visible. Plus, I'm not visible in general and the only place to get bi pride stuff would be online, and that's after sifting through the "bi pride" stuff that are the bi pride colors.  

TigerLilyChick

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Dreamsy Sweet

Adorable Unicorn

8,175 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:26 am
It's difficult to tell really, and I don't have a problem with it either. I act neutral with everyone and get flirted with by all sorts of genders... considering that I think I'm seen as a pretty open and accepting person so people aren't afraid of backlash if it turned out I was straight or hella gay. I'm flattered usually when anyone shows interest, but when it comes to appearing queer to the general public that it's a bit... wrong? For that general public to be looking for stereotypical cues to gauge sexuality or gender.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:29 pm
First, I'd like to say that I really enjoy this question because I feel like it's something that does not get to be talked about enough.

And second, hm..

I don't really think there is anything that I do or own to truly display my sexuality. It's not that I try to hide it either. I mean, I rock an afro, I've got a sturdy, masculine stride for a woman, I dress gender queer-like and I openly go gaga over gals. I think I scream LGBT ALERT when I walk into a room, so long as someone from the community is in the room? LOL.

But seriously. I don't hide it, but I don't parade it. If someone was to ask or make a reference to it, I'd gladly tell them.

I actually don't own anything rainbow, though. Besides coloring materials. Not because I do not support the LGBT community or anything like that because I'm well apart of and informed of current events in the community, but I guess I've just never invested in buying anything rainbow.

I hope I was able to explain everything well? sweatdrop  

Elijaey

Dangerous Genius

Infinite_Randomness

Witty Dabbler

12,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:53 pm
I don't think its very visible. I don't feel very feminine when I'm around other (conventionally) feminine females, but feel feminine around guys. (This effect can be increased or lessened depending on my style atm)

Also, my style can vary anywhere from responsible young lady who looks like a college professor, to a college freshman. (Some masculine clothes made to look more femme, like plaid button ups, and boots, but with leggings and a thick belt,, hoodies, but with leggings and obvious jewelry)

I feel like some people may get 'queer' vibes from me, but then again, sometimes, I feel queer (as in, unbelievably self-conscious and just strange) myself. *shrugs*

I asked like 3 queer buddies before and they said no, but that was a very small sample size. :/ That and of course, sometimes people answer such questions differently when assessing the person by which they are being questioned. gonk  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff