Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
How visible is your sexuality? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Little Heir Apparent

Friendly Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:46 am
I'm curious about you all, partly because I am considering the length at which I would display my bisexuality to the world. I don't feel comfortable with anything beyond a door flag (just a little rainbow flag taped up), a rainbow ribbon on my lanyard, and now I'm considering an accessory of sorts to symbolize my bisexuality.

I want to be visible because I feel that I'm ready for it. But, I also don't feel comfortable treading much further than what I've done so far, partly because I don't know how I'd handle accusations of not being a real bisexual. I have a boyfriend, which kinda erases my bisexuality in public. sweatdrop Or worse, my relationship could be seen as a means to hide behind heterosexual privilege, which sucks.

What do you all do?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:49 pm
While I'm certainly not closeted, I...don't really do anything to make myself "visible". sweatdrop I had a small rainbow pin on my messenger bag a few years ago, but I never bothered replacing it after I lost it.  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Matasoga

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:24 pm
Being straight, I guess I would incidentally be trying to bury my sexuality in public. I get fruity drinks in bars, dress in dandy fashion, and attend all the musicals that I can responsibly afford, but not because I want to look gay. I simply enjoy things that incidentally are gay stereotypes... Really I think all it says is that gay men tend to have pretty great taste.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:47 am
Semi visible. I don't do anything that would make people assume I'm bi, stereotypically. I don't have any rainbow anything or stuff like that, I don't throw my sexuality up as fuel in arguments or anything. But I do have a little lisp that's pretty noticeable that I can't help, and people automatically assume I'm gay. Which is only half true.  

Muse_of_the_Soul

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200

DeathxGrip

Dedicated Browser

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:28 am
I don't display my sexuality, whatsoever but it's never really come to mind to have stuff that makes it 'visible'. I own rainbow stuff for when Pride is around, that's about it. I think because I have longer hair and I take the time to style it that people assume I'm flamboyant and straight guys(or not out yet) at parties or other social situations don't talk to me lmao which is fine, I can go party/chat with the girls. The odd occasions that I have gotten along with some guys, they bring up the whole "fem/masc" thing and say that I'm more masculine than feminine and were surprised. I say thanks and shrug it off. Personally, I don't use those terms as a reference.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:01 am
Not very. I don't own a hint of rainbow, and those things normally connected to homosexuals don't appeal to me really, more out of personal taste than being against it. I don't have a lisp either, not saying all have it (most I've talked to don't). I do like cute things though, but I don't really show that. Girls I've talked to say they would like a guy who likes cute things though, so maybe most just find it less of "gay" and more of me being a softie. sweatdrop
This is just viewed from the view of stereotype.  

Chris ex Machina

Cat

19,925 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Bookworm 100

Rezal_Zioun

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:39 pm
I come off as 100% straight, and no one ever would guess i am gay. It got to the point that every time I meet a new group I would accidentally end back up in the closet. I make friends easily and it seems every year I find my self regularly hanging out with a group of people that dont know X). Then a conversation will come up about dating or relationships, and i have to come out all over again.

Example I stared having out with this one group and told them I couldnt chill because i had a date. One of them said really whats his name? (because accusing straight men of being gay is funny i guess =p) I looked him in the eyes and told him Chris.

Nothing like the mind ******** of finding out one of your drinking buddies is a homo X)

But ya I don't like being in the closet it just kinda happens so I started wearing a rainbow wrist band as a simple hint.

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:44 pm
                not visible at all. it's totally invisible.

my dad thought i was gay until a month or so ago, because i showed no interest in boys, and i don't really show interest in anyone, so he thinks i'm ace.

like, i'm literally the least interested person in relationships and stuff right now, it's actually a bit funny. i mean, i'll be interested in it someday, but until then i have no legitimate interest in it.
                x

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

xDistant

Demonic Lover

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:09 am
I don't really show it in a "imagery" way...
I usually dress like a guy however and flirt openly with girls. So I guess you could say It shows in my actions and how i present myself to people.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:14 am
Matasoga
Being straight, I guess I would incidentally be trying to bury my sexuality in public. I get fruity drinks in bars, dress in dandy fashion, and attend all the musicals that I can responsibly afford, but not because I want to look gay. I simply enjoy things that incidentally are gay stereotypes... Really I think all it says is that gay men tend to have pretty great taste.

Amen Brother!  

Australian Igloo

Shirtless Bloodsucker

7,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Maikus

Man-Hungry Bunny

10,650 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:35 am
Im not in the closet...I told everyone I know.
I also have no problem screaming out, though I probably never would need to.

People usually cant tell i'm gay, I go to the bar and women are all over me. I tell them I'm gay and they always get so angry lol.

People need to stop thinking that because their gay they need to act a certain way. We don't have a certain way of acting and we don't have a certain look either.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:36 pm
Nobody even knows what asexuality is.

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100

chrisahari_AMC

Fuzzy Man-Lover

9,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:03 pm
I don't show it at all, I'm still in closet to most people, but I still act the way I would even if I wasn't. I fall in line with a few stereotypes (if your clothes aren't working I will tell you). Other than that, I'm just a straight guy, who likes dudes instead of chicks  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:51 pm
When I first came out I was rather stereotypical. Used to act sassy and I had these pair of tight, red dyed skinny jeans that everyone thought were leggings xD. Sadly they ripped (I loved those jeans). I also used to have a rainbow pride bracelet, but it got damaged. I guess I'm just myself. I apply to some stereotypes. But I've been told I'm very straight acting. Unless there's a hot guy I'm talking about, then the inner Queen comes out, haha xD I buy skinny jeans off the women's section, but that's because they fit me better and emphasises my legs razz But really there's nothing I use to make it "visible." I don't feel I need to. I'm just me smile  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

chaoskaye

Obsessive Gekko

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:33 pm
I don't hide the fact I'm a lesbian, but I don't necessarily scream it out to the world either.

I do own quite a few rainbow objects. Two belts, earrings, bracelets, a scarf, etc. But that's because I have a love for rainbows, I'd still love them even if I happened to be straight.

I also hold my girlfriends hand in public and occasionally give her a peck on the lips here and there, we sometimes get weird looks but that's because I live in a religious community with an obsession for anything relating to cowboys.

Other then that, I don't exactly dress the part and my hair is nowhere near short nor do I have a deep manly voice. So I'd say it'd be pretty hard to place my sexuality by just looking or talking to me.

All in all, I guess I don't fit the typical stereotype.

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff