Welcome to Gaia! ::

11th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

This is where the 11th Annual Ball will be planned! 

Tags: eleventh, annual, ball, roleplaying, official 

Reply яєcуcℓє вιи
THEME VOTING: Chapter 1 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vote:
Art
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Television
15%
 15%  [ 6 ]
Board games
21%
 21%  [ 8 ]
Time period
50%
 50%  [ 19 ]
Space adventure
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 38

Robayn
Vice Captain

Survivor

13,900 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Party Machine 500
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:38 pm
Here's the drill, folks. To get this sorted out quick an clean, but also with a measure of fairness, there will be multiple threads with other themes to vote on. I have tried to fit each of the more popular ideas into separate threads so as to not make anyone choose between them too soon, but you will have to eventually.

Also, while it's still in this stage, I would like you to post when you vote. Copy the code below and fill it out, please. If you are having a hard time coming up with an idea now then dont't sweat it. These voting threads will be here until the weekend is over. If you still can't come up with an idea by then just vote and post your idea later if it is relevant to do so in the later stages of voting.

[size=15][color=seagreen]
[b][INSERT USERNAME HERE][/b] is voting for [b][INSERT THEME HERE][/b] because they have THIS awesome idea for it: [b][INSERT IDEA FOR PLOT or ROOM or even CHARACTERS][/b]
[/color][/size]

* Art Theme [as in sketching, watercolors, etc]
* Television Genres
* Time Periods/Eras
* Boards Games
* Space Adventures

Copied & pasted with love!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:00 pm

MADEMOISELLE ALVINETTE is voting for TIME PERIODS because they have THIS awesome idea for it: Oh gosh, this theme has SO VERY MUCH potential...I don't know how it would all be put together (unless you have a time machine or combine it with the museum idea), but I love this idea because it's so diverse. You can have so many different rooms with it and pretty much make everybody reasonably happy. The twentieth century alone has so many different eras in fashion, pop culture, etc. that people would love. (I can has Roaring Twenties? emotion_kirakira )

Mademoiselle Alvinette

Crew

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Object of Affection 150

jessieomer
Crew

Generous Entrepreneur

11,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:57 pm

jessieomer] is voting for Time Periods because they have THIS awesome idea for it: The Time Machine thing. yeah that.

Also, I just finished reading this German book called Ruby Red, about 12 people from this family tree that are related and can jump time. If they use this device it can be controlled, but the machine was stolen, and a much older machine had to be repaired well now they have to collect all of the past travellers blood, i liked the plot.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:37 pm

ZoieAmandaSaxon is voting for Time Periods because they have THIS awesome idea for it: Time periods: Medieval, Ancient Rome, the Roaring twenties, the Sixties, Ancient Egypt.

Hosts:
Medieval: King, Queen, Lord, Lady, etc.
Ancient Rome: Emperor, senators -Maybe along the lines of Caesar's murder plot?-

Roaring Twenties: Bootleggers, Flappers, etc.
Sixties: HIppies, Civil Rights people
Ancient Egypt: Life of a pharaoh

AugureyRiddle

Irregular Genius

Robayn
Vice Captain

Survivor

13,900 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Party Machine 500
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:39 pm

[robayn] is voting for [board games] because they have THIS awesome idea for it: [simply because we could come up with so many different dice-based contests and games for each room, and we can make the entire ball a light, fun mood and setting. we can even combine this theme with the toy theme and hosts can be toys that are playing games. also, for plot, it's easy to imagine all the toys of gaia inviting their favorite children back to play with them for one weekend - all the boys and girls that are all grown up but used to play with them - and they want to play games with them. copyright is easily avoided by using spoof names for popular games that everyone is familiar with.]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:40 pm

Pinkiekitty is voting for Time Periods because they have THIS awesome idea for it: I'm completely down to be a part of a roaring twenties room (20s are my favorite era), but we could also include a room from the future (flying cars, aliens, weird clothes, science fiction-esque stuff).

PinkieKitty
Crew

Mewling Lunatic

16,375 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Married 100

Viridian Borne

Gawker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:45 pm

[VIRIDIAN BORNE] is voting for [TIME PERIODS] because they have THIS awesome idea for it: [II think it'd be really fun. There could be the future, present, past and way-way back there past. Some bad event could occur in the future and all the time periods could be feeling the effects.It'd be pretty hectic (in a fun way), but I also love the idea of having some people with futuristic outfits, some from the elizabethan era. biggrin ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:45 pm

Cronic Hiccups is voting for Art because they have THIS awesome idea for it: For certain rooms we could have characters be certain colors, some being victims of the erasers and have been smudged down to a faint version of itself!

Derpy Seviper

Timid Gawker

10,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Regular 100

Zandera L Xanthrid

Desirable Gekko

6,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:54 pm
Monkey D-E Kuromiko is voting for Television because they have THIS awesome idea for it: Because there are so many different rooms Roleplayers can have their fun with whatever genre they want ( I don't really have any plot ideas or anything like that ^^; i mostly want to do the horror sort of thing)  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:01 pm
[Sari1995] is voting for [Time Periods] because they have THIS awesome idea for it: It appeals to a wide range of people (history lovers, sci-fi fans, etc. (Being a sci-fi fan myself, I would like a future room in which we could make a "Galaxy far, far, FAR away." (So we don't get into legal trouble)  

Sari1995

Blessed Friend

Meilkor

Tiny Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:08 pm

[Jeffrey M Roth] is voting for [Time Periods!] because they have THIS awesome idea for it: [A couple ideas, for a couple of different time periods! But the one I love the most is sort of one big time period shenanigans plot; where all of the rooms are different time periods that have somehow been paradox'd into a sort of universal 'Party Throwing Contest'! Each host room must have it's own grand festivities and overall are judged by a mysterious 'Mystic of Time'! //rolls up a wall and out the window, this idea seems weird in print;; ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:29 pm

Pink in Style is voting for Board Games!!! because they have THIS awesome idea for it: In my childhood, we always played lots of fun board games!

Akari Arima

Friendly Cutie-Pie

23,975 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Object of Affection 150

PolishPanda123

Greedy Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:38 pm

PolishPanda123 is voting for Time Periods because they have THIS awesome idea for it: A time fair to celebrate the coming together between time periods and how the future relies on the past.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:23 pm

MystMist is voting for Time Periods because they have THIS awesome idea for it: I love reading historical novels so a medieval room is always fun for me, nobles, bowmen,infantry,knights,harlequins,monks,kings and queens all have different roles and ways of acting and interacting. (i dont like the crusades tho)

MystMist
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

13,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
яєcуcℓє вιи

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash