Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Etrua Region

Back to Guilds

This is a Pokémon RP guild with heavy influences from the game. 

Tags: Pokemon, Role Playing, Etrua, Region, Writing 

Reply Welcome to the Etrua Region
Sorry! We're still debugging! Please report bugs here! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gabriel sama

High-functioning Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:34 pm
Noticed a bit of confusion while I was looking over the guild, and then I realized what was wrong. The subforums are named incorrectly. According to our handy-dandy map, the subforum Route 3 SE/Fort Ammoa is supposed to be Route 3 N/Fort Ammoa. That makes subforum Route 3 N/Addobe Town/Route 4 NE actually Route 3 SE/Addobe Town/Route 4 NE.

Which means you have to flip what Pokemon you can find in the Route 3 sections of the 'Info About This Area' threads. Which also mean the pair of user-made threads in those two subforums need to be moved to their right places.

I dunno how none of the crew caught this mistake. But yeah, just pointing it out to you guys. I'll look at the other subforum names to see if there aren't anymore confusing mistakes like that.

Edit 1: Battle Railway S/Iclea Town? Shouldn't that be Battle Railway N? Or just Battle Railway and remove the other Battle Railway part from Route 6 N/Mosnia Valley/Battle Railway N?

Edit 2: Route 7 West-East and two Route 7 Northeasts? I don't really think that needs to be fixed all that much, but maybe do something about the two Northeasts to minimize the chances of someone catching a Pokemon in the wrong region?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:55 am
I do have a question, because it might fall under the "DO-NOT-DO" category and might need to addressed sooner or later.

If it hasn't been already!

But can another trainer roll a RNG for a pokemon that a second trainer then can catch if the original person didn't want to catch it at all?

I'm just wondering if I can help speed up Chuugo's search for a shiny pokemon, because otherwise I think she's going to stay in a single spot for quite a long time. Although, it's not that bad of a way to level. It's just already getting tedious waiting for a lucky roll, and allowing me to help would double the chances.

Edit: Or could this whole thing be bypassed, say ... if I just caught the shiny pokemon, and then traded it to her for an empty pokeball? Are there any special rules when it comes to trades between trainers?  

Xavior Hellzwing

Icy Immortal

Kenocka

Invisible Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:59 am
Xavior Hellzwing

You are allowed to make trades inside Pokemon Centers. If she's just going to ridiculously keep trying to get a shiny just for it being a shiny then you are not obligated to stay with her.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:04 am
Ah, I know I'm not obligated, but I don't mind helping out where I can.

(And it does really help me level. I think I just need my Shinx to get Spark and the gym battle will be a breeze, relatively.)

So then it does need to be a trade, but done with two pokemon. I'll just have her catch something I might want later if I get lucky first.

Thanks for the clarification! And in hindsight ... sorry if that seemed like a weird question to start with. It seemed important at the time.  

Xavior Hellzwing

Icy Immortal

Xavior Hellzwing

Icy Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:48 pm
If a pokemon is released into the wild, is its previously used Pokeball available again for use?

Or is it a one-time thing and the Pokeball must be discarded afterward?

Also, with Nincada evolving and creating a Shedinja, does a Pokeball need to be used to 'capture' the Shedinja like it is in the games? If I don't have an extra Pokeball to use do I have to forfeit the Shedinja? Am I allowed to 'capture' it later at my discretion when I do have Pokeballs to spare?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:07 pm
Xavior Hellzwing
If a pokemon is released into the wild, is its previously used Pokeball available again for use?

Also, with Nincada evolving and creating a Shedinja, does a Pokeball need to be used to 'capture' the Shedinja like it is in the games? If I don't have an extra Pokeball to use do I have to forfeit the Shedinja? Am I allowed to 'capture' it later at my discretion when I do have Pokeballs to spare?

No the Pokeball cannot be used again. Yes you have to have an extra spot on your team and a free Pokeball to capture Shedinja.  

Kenocka

Invisible Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Survivor 150

Kaze Espada
Crew

Dapper Conventioneer

7,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:24 pm
Xavior Hellzwing

Think of it like this: The shedinja thinks no pokeball? and High tails its way out of your capture range.  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:07 pm
Attention inactive members. A while back an announcement was sent out saying that if you hadn't posted by a certain date you would be removed from the guild for your inactivity. We are going to give you one last chance to get active before you are booted from the guild this coming Friday using New Orleans, Louisiana's time zone. Please look up when that may be for yourselves using this website. This is your last chance to avoid being booted out of the guild.

What's been done:

In other news I did not realize until now that we needed to establish certain protocols regarding gym battles. Only gym leaders and challengers are allowed to post in gym challenge threads unless the challenger has a PC controlled Pokemon. I thought that would be obvious without needing to be said but others have been confused so I take full responsibility for this confusion because I was not specific enough to prevent this from happening. You can have as many people as you like watching and morally supporting your character but they are not allowed to post in the thread. Having people who are not involved in the challenge randomly posting has the possibility of confusing the human controlling the gym leader character. Please let's don't do that.

What's been updated:

Until a permanent gym leader is found for the Blyse City Gym the rewarded TM will be Acrobatics.

In case you didn't know:

There are still gym leader, E4, and TC member positions open for any and all who would like one of these special characters. As a reminder asking for a Legendary is counted against you. The crew will determine amongst themselves what makes one member a candidate for such an honor and from time to time we may also even ask for the opinions of everyone on this matter as it involves all of us.

Also ideas for a membership and activity drive are being welcomed with open arms here! Please feel free to throw ALL of your ideas into the pot! We won't dis-include anything. Unless it violates TOS, rules, or something else that really just shouldn't be done or would reflect badly upon the guild.  

Kenocka

Invisible Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Survivor 150

Katagonia

Sinuous Goat

37,500 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:05 pm
When a PC Pokemon is caught, what happens to their post count? Do they keep their own or change it in accordance with their trainer's? If that's what happens, what happens if they get released? And if the PC Pokemon does not post, don't they end up just leveling up because the trainer does?  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:10 pm
Hhhmmm...
I don't think that's been talked about yet...
I would guess that they still keep track of how many times they post, but level up with every ten instead of twenty, and once/if they're released they go back to leveling up every twenty posts...  

VVLB
Crew

Shameless Bunny

19,725 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Akai Shi-Koret
Crew

Unbeatable Survivor

7,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:23 pm
VincentValintine LimitBrk
Hhhmmm...
I would guess that they still keep track of how many times they post, but level up with every ten instead of twenty, and once/if they're released they go back to leveling up every twenty posts...

I say no. If it's in the PC in the games, no leveling up at all. You have to have it ON you, but it doesn't necessarily need to battle  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:39 pm
Akai Shi-Koret
Hhhmmm...

I say no. If it's in the PC in the games, no leveling up at all. You have to have it ON you, but it doesn't necessarily need to battle

She mean's Player Character Pokemon love.  

Kenocka

Invisible Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Survivor 150

Akai Shi-Koret
Crew

Unbeatable Survivor

7,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:44 pm
Kenocka
Akai Shi-Koret
Hhhmmm...

She mean's Player Character Pokemon love.

Oh.

My bad.

Vincent's right then. Carry on >.<  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:13 pm
Can I trade my Potions for Pokeballs?

And could I trade Pokeballs and such for Ultra Balls once I can actually get those?

Xavior Hellzwing

Icy Immortal

Xavior Hellzwing

Icy Immortal

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:32 pm
Are there official rules on trading ITEMS between characters?

What about trading items and pokemon between characters that I both own?

Such as if I was lucky enough to catch something I seriously wanted for Nolan, yet I caught it with Gage? Am I barred from making a fair trade between those two, or otherwise swapping items between them?

For that matter, are my three posts to limit my post stacking and leveling grinding, is that three PER character, or three split between all of them? I would suggest that my characters are required to stay in different threads. (Barring Crew and their duties, allowing them free reign with anywhere they need to be.)  
Welcome to the Etrua Region

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff