Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply TCG Rulings
Zero Gardna Vs. Exploder dragonwing -n- Galaxy photon dragon

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Wicked_Zaku

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:23 pm
Ive been having some trouble while dueling with a buddy.ive tried to wiki the problem but im not getting no where...

Zero Gardna -

You can tribute this card to activate its effect. If you do, monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle and you take no Battle Damage, during this turn. This effect can be activated during either player's turn.

Exploder dragonwing -

1 Tuner + 1 or more Dragon-Type non-Tuner monsters
If this card battles a monster whose ATK is equal to or less than the ATK of this card, you can destroy the monster immediately with this card's effect without applying damage calculation, and inflict damage to your opponent equal to that monster's ATK.

Galaxy eyes photon dragon -

You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by Tributing 2 monsters with 2000 or more ATK. During either player's Battle Step, when this card battles an opponent's monster: You can target the monster this card is battling; banish both it and this card, then any monster banished by this effect returns to the field at the end of the Battle Phase. If the monster banished by this effect was an Xyz Monster, this card gains 500 ATK for each Xyz Material the Xyz Monster had when it was banished.

Ok... so both of these dragons effects activate during battle..
now first off...

when can i not use zero's effect?
Next... when i tribute zero.. do i have to do it before he declares an attack or can i wait till after?

scenario...

i have zero on the field while he has the two dragons.
he enters the battle phase and attacks with either dragon..

is this when i tribute? if so do his dragons effects go off before my tribute.

these are the ruling i got for zero

Tributing "Zero Gardna" is a cost to activate the effect.

You cannot activate this card during the Damage Step.

Monsters Summoned to your side of the field after the activation of "Zero Gardna's" effect will also be protected by it.

can anyone shed some light on this please!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:48 pm
The_Wicked_Zaku
Ive been having some trouble while dueling with a buddy.ive tried to wiki the problem but im not getting no where...

Zero Gardna -

You can tribute this card to activate its effect. If you do, monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle and you take no Battle Damage, during this turn. This effect can be activated during either player's turn.

Exploder dragonwing -

1 Tuner + 1 or more Dragon-Type non-Tuner monsters
If this card battles a monster whose ATK is equal to or less than the ATK of this card, you can destroy the monster immediately with this card's effect without applying damage calculation, and inflict damage to your opponent equal to that monster's ATK.

Galaxy eyes photon dragon -

You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by Tributing 2 monsters with 2000 or more ATK. During either player's Battle Step, when this card battles an opponent's monster: You can target the monster this card is battling; banish both it and this card, then any monster banished by this effect returns to the field at the end of the Battle Phase. If the monster banished by this effect was an Xyz Monster, this card gains 500 ATK for each Xyz Material the Xyz Monster had when it was banished.

Ok... so both of these dragons effects activate during battle..
now first off...

when can i not use zero's effect?
Next... when i tribute zero.. do i have to do it before he declares an attack or can i wait till after?

scenario...

i have zero on the field while he has the two dragons.
he enters the battle phase and attacks with either dragon..

is this when i tribute? if so do his dragons effects go off before my tribute.

these are the ruling i got for zero

Tributing "Zero Gardna" is a cost to activate the effect.

You cannot activate this card during the Damage Step.

Monsters Summoned to your side of the field after the activation of "Zero Gardna's" effect will also be protected by it.

can anyone shed some light on this please!
Photon dragon and exploder have different activation times so that's an important thing to note. Photon Dragon activates during the battle step(when you declare attacks and respond to them), while Exploder activates at the start of the damage step(same timing as Grandmole and Catastor). Photon will not remove the monster until its effect resolves so you can activate Zero's effect when he attacks or when his effect activates. Note that if you tribute Zero in response to the effect, Photon Dragon will still banish itself until the end of the battle phase.
Since Exploder's effect is at the start of the damage step, your only option is to activate Zero's effect when he attacks.  

Zero Hiru
Captain

Unforgiving Hunter

The_Wicked_Zaku

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:58 pm
appreciate the service my man.
this one really helped me..

i explained it to my friend kinda like that sweatdrop
but i wasnt to sure...
thanks for clearing that up for me..

TCG Rulings

Manage Your Items