Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
Trade Styles

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Trade
  Value
  Wants/Needs
View Results

The Mighty Q

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:42 am
Some people trade cards for value.
Some people trade for what the want/need.

I'm one who trades wants/needs and I hate trading with people who trade for value. :/ It just seems that the local value traders are total dicks that never seem to play the game because they got such and such and think they're godly :/

So do you trade value or trade wants/needs.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:52 am
i value my cards, but i also trade for what i want/ need. i find it makes a fair balance. most cards i want are i can 3 for a dollar online, so i hate when people value them for a buck or higher. it's rediculous.  

oucyan

Lavish Demigod

32,350 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:12 am
I have way too many commons and tend to give those away for nothing, but for valuables I go by what the other person needs and what I need.

There is a sense in going by value, as long as you only go by trade value and not buying value. People who spend a lot on a box just to try and weasle a few dollars obviously haven't ever considered getting a job.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:59 am
I buy and sell cards. To get more money and cards I need to buy booster packs. But I can't sell everything and not everything is sellable.

So I split the cards I can't sell into 2 groups sets and non-sets. Depending on the power of the non-set cards changes the number of how many I trade for rare cards. I can trade less set cards for rare cards.

Its easier to buy and sell cards. Any card worth more the four bucks is worth selling. But always sell in tens or more.

So I buy what I need.  

Shahal Rainrix

King Codger

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Alchemy Level 5 100

Heywouldntyouknow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:45 pm
As a dealer I value my cards. I do so because it is my job! But I am normally flexible.

Here is an example

Goyo guardian was at the time 25-30$, the kid only had a few cards. Lyla, lightsworn sorceress was 12-15 and he had a 5 cash. I took that deal, he had received the card he wanted without breaking the bank, heck he got ahead in the deal. I try to please my customers without killing myself in the process.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:47 pm
Labyrinthknight7
I have way too many commons and tend to give those away for nothing, but for valuables I go by what the other person needs and what I need.

There is a sense in going by value, as long as you only go by trade value and not buying value. People who spend a lot on a box just to try and weasle a few dollars obviously haven't ever considered getting a job.

I know people who have a job and make more money selling their cards then their actual paycheck! So don't judge.  

Heywouldntyouknow

Junk 1t

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:15 pm
I see this as a basic rule of making a deck:

work on your deck, trading on a want/need basis

when/if you become comfortible with a deck, then you can trade up to the rarer versions (if you want, some cards look cooler as commons/rares)  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:37 pm
It kinda peeves me off when I'll go 2 my locals, trying 2 get something from the people there and they pick something of mine clearly worth more than what they got and when I point it out they change from "sell value" guy to "it doesn't matter what the REAL value is. All that matters is what YOU value it at" guy.  

Mr_dragon

1,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100

Tsukinoki

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:04 pm
Mr_dragon
It kinda peeves me off when I'll go 2 my locals, trying 2 get something from the people there and they pick something of mine clearly worth more than what they got and when I point it out they change from "sell value" guy to "it doesn't matter what the REAL value is. All that matters is what YOU value it at" guy.

well you now value it at a quarter so give them a common razz  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:00 am
Mr_dragon

People are just greedy. If you show interest in something then you set your self up to be ripped off. When it comes to normal trading, you let the other guy look at your cards first. After that you look at what they have to trade and you go "Umm...uhh...hmm..." and act like they have nothing you want. You then act reluctant to trade for what you want. You can't say anything that makes it sound like you want the card. You can do that by saying "Umm, well...I guess this one might be okay".

That way you can make the trade fair or unfair. It depends on how you want to use it.  

Shahal Rainrix

King Codger

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
Domino City

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items