Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
How to deal with fangirls/boys Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BULLSHITTERY

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:45 am
Any tips you'd like to share on how to get that rabid fangirl or boy off your back? Anything that won't involve security handcuffing your blood stained hands.... stare

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:57 am
No hitting below the belt either? heart Lol. With me I just show them I mean business so ASK FIRST!!! XD You could always carry a little sign that says please ask first. Please would help a lot. Lol! XD  

Ralyle

Shirtless Hunter

7,700 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

OhNoesItsMiho

Unbeatable Lover

9,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:14 am
I usually ask a friend to be my bodyguard. I'm too nice to tell someone to back off when they're bothering me.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:54 pm
Last con, every time my friend heard someone scream "GRELL!" she grabbed my wrist and made me run as far as we could. We usually heard whining following us.  

Kurenai-Shinju

Dash-The-Dog

Perfect Dog

14,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:23 pm
Heheh, fangirls: Can't live with em' and can't live without em'.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:14 pm
My friends cousin had her brother make a "No Glomping Without Asking" t-shirt one year and had him walk next to her the entire time.  

Zorachu3_Sendo

BULLSHITTERY

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:24 pm
LOL
Wow bodyguards sound pretty nice. Also the no glomping t-shirt is a pretty good idea xD

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:21 am
I don't really mind the fan boys/girls its' the Fan TARDS I can't stand. The fan boys/girls will at least ask before taking a pic, glomping, hugging, or following you around (which I don't mind; it's kinda flattering really) most of the time.

The fantards have no respect for anyone and automatically assume that because you're also a fan of the character you're dressed as, you want to talk to them about said character all day and be their best friend.

My advice is to have someone with you at all times to act as body guard, to have your cellphone ready so you can fake getting a phone call/text and pretend you have to go meet someone, and have something out of character on you at all times like a shoulder bag, a drink, or a plushie form a different series so they'll HAVE to ask you for a pic so you'll put it down or else the pic won't look right.

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

Creepy Kuro Neko

Moonlight Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:40 am
Wait why would you want to get rid of them? Thats the fun part! Face it, no where else in your ordinary life are you goung to have a group of people wanting to hang out with you. I love the fans.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:08 pm
I always carry my Death Note Messenger Bag (I don't cosplay anything from death note). So most like people will ask 4 permission when there is something out of character. (Still does not stop them from playing with ur pokemon tail). The idea of a body guard sounds good though, but I don't mind being followed (especially if there cute girls).  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Sir Crepe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:42 pm
If they spoil me or give me money, I don't mind them.
Other than that, I let other fan people take care of them.
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:59 am
Mr_CosplayXD
Heheh, fangirls: Can't live with em' and can't live without em'.

Fixed this for you.

If I'd ever get a rabid stalking fangirl, I'd just call security on their a** or tell them to buzz off, I'm just a person in a costume.  

Josephine Jo

6,950 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Flatterer 200

harukokun

4,750 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:25 pm
fangirl/fanboys
are they that bad i'd like to kno cause i'm going to cosplay this year  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:01 pm
I try my best to deal with them. I've only had one bad experience with an obnoxious fantards. My male friend tried to pull me away from her because she was clinging and groping . Friends really help! 8D

If I had no friends around, I would have just told one of the constaff. >>  

Sci-Fi Harry

Feral Dog

19,225 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Marathon 300

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:59 pm
K master of flames
I always carry my Death Note Messenger Bag (I don't cosplay anything from death note). So most like people will ask 4 permission when there is something out of character. (Still does not stop them from playing with ur pokemon tail). The idea of a body guard sounds good though, but I don't mind being followed (especially if there cute girls).

I have a FMA bag covered in pins that I wear on my shoulder, so people have to ask me for pics. (Otherwise it'd be weird to get a pic of Riku with an otaku-fied bag) Hmm, have you tried putting a little sign on your back or tail saying, "please don't play with my tail?" It won't stop it completely, but it should cut down on it somewhat. Most of the fans aren't all that irritating, so the body guard is usually just a precaution in case you get a stalker.  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff