Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Anti Western Cosplayers? Wtf?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ralyle

Shirtless Hunter

7,700 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:52 am
Go Sinister Whispers! Sweet job reporting him! And don't watch the videos people! That only encourages him because everytime you watch it, it adds to his "popularity"!!! And nice job Master of Flames! Race doesn't freakin' matter! Cosplaying is just a way to have fun! ^0^ Does anyone know what other accounts he has? We can report him on every website! XD We could call it the "Ban Racism from the Web" movement! XD Sorry... Spazzing! XD  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:51 pm
Dannichigo
Go Sinister Whispers! Sweet job reporting him! And don't watch the videos people! That only encourages him because everytime you watch it, it adds to his "popularity"!!! And nice job Master of Flames! Race doesn't freakin' matter! Cosplaying is just a way to have fun! ^0^ Does anyone know what other accounts he has? We can report him on every website! XD We could call it the "Ban Racism from the Web" movement! XD Sorry... Spazzing! XD
well that does sound like a great idea, but I don't think it would be wise, banning him from other sites will only encourage him 2 make more accounts and do the same thing over again.  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Sir Crepe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:34 pm
I only like cosplay if its done right.
MEANING:
No half assed crappy costumes, and no
crappy cosplayer who has absolutely no resemblance to the character.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:29 pm
Sir Crepe
I only like cosplay if its done right.
MEANING:
No half assed crappy costumes, and no
crappy cosplayer who has absolutely no resemblance to the character.

User Image

I know, right?!
I'm doing my first cosplay this summer, but I still look at the pictures and everything.
My response: If you're poor and have little sewing experience,
that's one thing.
But if you're just lazy, why bother?

Sadistic Rainbows

1,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Dressed Up 200

[Kirimasu__]

Shirtless Capitalist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:49 am
Those videos themselves are really biased. Most asians aren't model-gorgeous, and don't have perfect skin or features. The asian cosplayers he picked are among the elite few. D:

And I thought some of the western cosplayers he picked out to ridicule actually looked really good in their costumes, and most of them put considerable effort into the detailing of their outfits too.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:46 pm
That guy...I just don't know what to say. What a racist poser. Just a person who hates his own race, probably.

Notice that most of the cosplayers he picked were on the "bigger" side? It isn't the fault of westerners that we all have different body sizes or facial features, I mean, really. Asians on the other hand (not to sound racist, if it does, I AM TRULY SORRY), look quite similar in some ways. But aren't most anime characters look western in the first place?

(If you really look at his youtube page, he talks about western countries colonizing Asia...yeah, okay, bad time in history for everyone. The Europeans had a crazy vision of imperialism...the whole world suffered.)  

imacashew

damaged-reality

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:28 pm
Wait.... how is cosplay racist again? Isn't cosplay celebrating asian ideas??? So shouldn't he support us if we support them?? I'm confused...

And then, isn't telling americans that they can't cosplay because of how they look racist? That's like during the Civil Rights movement when african americans were forced to sit in the back of the bus because of how they looked.

It's all very absurd.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:32 pm
Dannichigo

Someone reported the guy who made the video??? ok, I don't aggree with his ideas, but at the same time I still believe in freedom of speech...  

damaged-reality

Ralyle

Shirtless Hunter

7,700 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:43 pm
damaged-reality
Dannichigo

Someone reported the guy who made the video??? ok, I don't aggree with his ideas, but at the same time I still believe in freedom of speech...

I believe in the Freedom of Speech as well but what he is doing is against the laws as he is making some people feel threatened in some way which is possibly one of the reasons this thread started. (We were discussing similar things in my class today) and he should be reported for doing so. His videos could lead to some racist shoot outs like what led to Hitler and to many other racist people who go around shooting people just because they are different. Trust me, half of the world's greatest problems are started by racism and jealousy and all this other similar crap.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:44 pm
K master of flames
Dannichigo
well that does sound like a great idea, but I don't think it would be wise, banning him from other sites will only encourage him 2 make more accounts and do the same thing over again.

That is true... Him maybe we should at least talk to him and ask him why he thinks this and why he is posting this racist videos. Has anyone seen Freedom Writers? This reminds me of a scene from there where the class gets a lecture about racism.  

Ralyle

Shirtless Hunter

7,700 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:06 pm
Dannichigo
K master of flames
Dannichigo

That is true... Him maybe we should at least talk to him and ask him why he thinks this and why he is posting this racist videos. Has anyone seen Freedom Writers? This reminds me of a scene from there where the class gets a lecture about racism.
sounds like a great idea, but racist people never listen 2 reason. He does not even know how 2 spell or create proper sentences, so I would not even bother trying 2 reason with him. He is probably seeking attention because he has no friends. (online or offline)  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:32 pm
Some Asians are such elitists when it comes to cosplaying. T 3 T;  

Tsunji

sakurayoshema

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:25 am
I'm asian and my gawd I hate asian sometimes! ...maybe that's why they talk bad about me at school...>..> but oh gawd...they just act to asian you know?..annoys me....  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:26 am
Chrysanthemum Valentine
Some Asians are such elitists when it comes to cosplaying. T 3 T;
yesh I hate them when they are like that!  

sakurayoshema

Spartan1024

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:42 pm
Some people just take things out of proportion.
Cosplay itself should be something you enjoy, not a contest. (Aside form actual competitions...)
Some people just like to push down on others to make themselves feel higher up. Honestly, don't let it bother you.
There are some amazing cosplayers out there who are not Asian.
But then there are also some very nice cosplayers who make not have as much experience with a sewing machine.

Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff