Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
I healed my best friend! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ritual at Dusk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:47 pm
Lately my best friend has been having some problems. She has had a really stuffed up nose, a bad cough, exhaustion, and just yesterday she had a really bad headache and a stomach ache. I asked her if she would like me to do a healing spell and she said yes so I did one late last night. I went to school today, convinced that it probably hadn't worked and when she got there she told me that she felt almost perfect! I know that she didn't just get better on her own because she started otu with a cold, and they don't just go away in one night. Also, her head was bothering her all day and so was her stomach but she said she didn't have a headache or a stomach ache. Magick is real!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:15 pm
Yes it is. rolleyes Every knows that.  

Koigokoro Konjou

mechanical kitsy
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:17 pm
Actually, some do go away over night, its called the 24 hour flu.
And, did you ask if she took cold meds?
It works, but you don't always assume magic is the answer. Modern science works wonders.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:42 am
xXx kitsy xXx

The "24 hour flu" is caused by food poisoning, and as far as I know, affects your digestive system more than your respiratory system.

Just sayin'.  

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:11 pm
Yanueh
xXx kitsy xXx

The "24 hour flu" is caused by food poisoning, and as far as I know, affects your digestive system more than your respiratory system.

Just sayin'.

It may be of note that about half of the cases are from food born illness. Others include astrovirus and other virus causes.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:17 pm
There's no way of telling whether or not it was magic. If you feel it was I suggest you stay modest and keep it to yourself.  

doistu

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:24 pm
doistu
There's no way of telling whether or not it was magic. If you feel it was I suggest you stay modest and keep it to yourself.
I feel positive reinforcement and validation can be important as well.

Is there a way in which you feel it would be more appropriate to explore these kinds of experiences?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:32 pm
Brass Bell Doll
doistu
I feel positive reinforcement and validation can be important as well.

Is there a way in which you feel it would be more appropriate to explore these kinds of experiences?

I agree that positive reinforcement and validation is good too but I was led to believe that the validation should come from yourself and not others. That way you show a number of reasonable characteristics that would be of benefit to someone using magic, such as confidence in your own abilities, the ability to keep what you know (relatively) quiet and the ability to note and improve on mistakes etc.
While I know the last might come from other influences (such as a teacher or advisor who is better equipped to push you in the right direction) I feel its good to grasp these conceps before you even try to use magic.
That way you're better prepared to be responsible if things should go wrong.

I think the best way to explore such experiences is to note them down. Explain in the note what felt good, bad, what appeared to work well, what might benefit from change. Leave the note for a few days and then return to it. Thoroughly evaluating your own notes and work is for sure a good way to advance in your practice. You become a good critic of yourself that way which allows you to practice without the need of the support of a teacher (which is what many teachers will aim you at) or a book.  

doistu

Sam Oaken Willow 17

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:12 pm
I have wanted to get into the healing arts, but I really find it a waste of time sometimes when I think about it. With modern medicine and lots of water and a balanced diet, one shouldn't have many problems. Plus, I myself rarely get sick. (*knock on wood*)

If you guys have any suggestions for someone just beginning to dab into the healing arts, please post them. I would love to hear about them!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:41 pm
Sam Oaken Willow 17
I have wanted to get into the healing arts, but I really find it a waste of time sometimes when I think about it. With modern medicine and lots of water and a balanced diet, one shouldn't have many problems. Plus, I myself rarely get sick. (*knock on wood*)

If you guys have any suggestions for someone just beginning to dab into the healing arts, please post them. I would love to hear about them!

I find the healing arts don't necessarily do the healing but prepares a person to readily accept healing. Also, just because we have modern medicine doesn't mean it works for everyone. Bodies are always different to another so what may work well on most might not work well on all.
If you question why you would bother getting into healing maybe you should look into why you want to.  

doistu

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:58 pm
doistu
I agree that positive reinforcement and validation is good too but I was led to believe that the validation should come from yourself and not others.
I feel both are important to different extents.

doistu
That way you show a number of reasonable characteristics that would be of benefit to someone using magic, such as confidence in your own abilities, the ability to keep what you know (relatively) quiet and the ability to note and improve on mistakes etc.
I agree with you for the most part, but I don't feel there has to be a choice between self confidence and support from your community.

I feel that there are ways in which we can support each other while still allowing people's own self confidence to grow.

doistu
While I know the last might come from other influences (such as a teacher or advisor who is better equipped to push you in the right direction) I feel its good to grasp these conceps before you even try to use magic.
I completely agree with this up to a point.

I feel that at times a person may be very familiar with the concepts and would be able to practice magic very well, but they are concerned that their understandings aren't perfect to the point where they surrender to a false acceptance of limitations.

doistu
I think the best way to explore such experiences is to note them down. Explain in the note what felt good, bad, what appeared to work well, what might benefit from change. Leave the note for a few days and then return to it. Thoroughly evaluating your own notes and work is for sure a good way to advance in your practice. You become a good critic of yourself that way which allows you to practice without the need of the support of a teacher (which is what many teachers will aim you at) or a book.
I feel your advice is great advice. My only qualm is that it supposes that there is a flaw in needing support. I feel that while many benefit from working in an independent manner, many others need the kind of support that external validation provides.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:09 am
Brass Bell Doll
I feel your advice is great advice. My only qualm is that it supposes that there is a flaw in needing support. I feel that while many benefit from working in an independent manner, many others need the kind of support that external validation provides.

Ok I think I see what you're saying now. Forgive me, I believe I may have misunderstood. I agree that support from a community is a good thing and definately of use if you come unstuck.
I suppose I stress self-confidence because the types of communities available to newcomers may not always have the best interest of that person in mind. I've been a member of many groups over a number of years and it is important to be able to suss out what each one is really trying to do for you.
I feel that sometimes the internet and groups on it can stir up a little trouble due to the lack of face-to-face contact.

And when working with magic I think it is important to have confidence in your abilities. If you don't then it may not work haha!
I feel when it comes to revelations such as that of the OP's perhaps self-evaluation and community could play an important part.  

doistu

Ritual at Dusk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:15 pm
She said that she didn't take any medicine that night, she just went right to sleep. Also, she had been sick for a few days, and it was only getting worse. Every cold, flu, or illness I have had didn't just go away in one night.
What I don't get is why whenever you post something, everyone always criticizes it. The thing is that it isn't just one or two or a few people, it is like half of gaia. Once I posted that I got an A on an algebra test because I studied really hard the night before and all people had to say was "well it was probably just a really easy test" and "the teacher probably curved it". What happened to people just being nice?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:52 pm
Wait a second, who's not being nice?

There's a difference between being critical and being horrible. If you post anything, regardless of its nature, you can't expect everyone to see the world the way you do.
Maybe people are trying to help you. Maybe you should take a look at what they have to say before throwing a hissy fit.
Also, where magic is concerned far fewer people can use it effectively than you imagine. And some people feel that certain responsibilities come with the territory.  

doistu

Ritual at Dusk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:54 am
doistu
Wait a second, who's not being nice?

There's a difference between being critical and being horrible. If you post anything, regardless of its nature, you can't expect everyone to see the world the way you do.
Maybe people are trying to help you. Maybe you should take a look at what they have to say before throwing a hissy fit.
Also, where magic is concerned far fewer people can use it effectively than you imagine. And some people feel that certain responsibilities come with the territory.

yeah, but then there is over critical. And of course I look at what they say. Sometimes I don't know why I bother with the people on gaia  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games