Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
pendulum directions and talking boards

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you use a pendulum?
  yes
  no
  sometimes, but not really
View Results

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:52 pm
ok, so someone told me that the talking boards for pendulums we sell at work are wrong. the set up is like this (it's in the shape of a rectangle, this is just the basic layout):

rephrase - no - maybe
yes - *blank* - yes
try again - no - will not answer

so how are they supposed to be laid-out? i, personally, see nothing wrong with this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

also, it seems that everyone that uses the pendulums thinks that it is set in it's directional answering (clockwise=yes, counter=no), but i though that they are supposed to answer you based on your inner vibrations and the "standard" would not work for everyone, hence the reason for programming. am i mistaken or does no one research anything anymore?

i'm just trying to learn all i can because soon we will have a spiritual section that is separate from the rest of the store and i will be working in that area most of the time. i don't want to tell any customers (or co-workers for that matter) the wrong thing, ya know.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:47 pm

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think it matters how they're laid out as long as it works with you - because even then, the pendulum would need to be programmed so it would know what each space meant. o.o

----

I generally program my pendulum anyways to see which direction it swings (or how it swings, circle or straight) for yes and no. I do believe that the "standard" doesn't work for everyone considering everyone works a little differently - as you've said xD.

heart

MiladyMidnight

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:04 pm
Considering that you can use a pendulum without any type of board as long as you lay out what "yes" and "no" are in advance, I don't really see what the problem would be.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:40 pm
I don't think there is a "correct" way.
I never used boards. In my experience, people develop systems with pendulems on their own. However, I can see where a board would help with concentration.  

RubyLight

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games