Total Votes : 22

Nei1

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:23 pm
It seems to Gaia's 6th year being online. Hope you got your sash. http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-anniversary-2009/happy-6th-year-to-us-all/t.47446169/

If don't remember what Gaia looked like in past years, check out this site. The Internet Wayback Machine. You will have a nostalgia moment seeing the past Gaia layouts archived for the ages, I did  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:42 pm
Holy crap! I remember when Gaia first came out and the site looked like that! It's just been so long since I realized that the site has changed. I almost wish it went back to looking like that, but, change can be good as well.  

Areashine

Interesting Lunatic

Catira Norr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:38 pm
Well that takes me back! I'm with you Areashine, I kind of miss the old look sometimes.

Got the sash! The good thing about being a 2005 baby is that at least the sash looks almost the same when my avi is reversed.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:02 pm
I joined early 04 after wanting to see what was fascinating my eldest so much and keeping her on the computer for hours on end. And ended up becoming addicted, too. Triel Baenre is still around, though now she's more mine than my daughter's... with her lovely 03 sash. Things sure have changed.  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

akageoffrey

3,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Market Browser 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:27 pm
My sash clashes with my outfit . . . but i shall display it proudly!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:46 pm
Yay! Mine can be read backwards!....or not...LOL  

charamath

BlackCatt73

Dangerous Shapeshifter

8,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:29 am
I was not a part of Gaia wayback, but now I wish I were! It's been so much fun in the short 6months that I've been here. I used to see things about it, but thought it was one of those kiddie sites, boy was I surprised! Lol... I found Gaia again after my daughter started coming here, and I use it more than her, too... hehehe  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:49 am
Time surely goes fast. I remember one of my friends showing Gaia years ago, but then I didn't like even the whole idea. It was more about how it was introduced... Hearing about this place from then 21 years old giggling animefangirl who had minimal touch to reality and slowest and barely understandable way of talking I've ever had to listen. It didn't make Gaia very inviting. neutral
Actually, I was few weeks on Gaia when I realized that this is same site that was introduced to me earlier. There was one visual update to confuse but I still had brain freeze-moment.  

Veddhartha

Eiji

5,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:26 am
I got my sash... shame about the colour lol  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:43 am
This is my 3rd year already. Time sure flies when one is having fun. I remember how it used to be when I 1st joined and I think that it's more stable, overall.  

Tillisnut

Aged Survivor

23,275 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Voter 100

Lady Antu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:15 am
Wow I forgot that gaia ever looked like that. My sash annoys me though it looks like it says 2009 instead of 2004  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:26 pm
I've been here now a year Sunday. I didn't have a computer or internet until I started school in '01. I used it mostly in chat rooms to teach myself how to type and build speed.

When I took Japanese I was introduced to the genera of anime, but at that time didn't know about places like this. Last year my friends (not yet) wife cornered me and had me make an account. From what I had heard though I wasn't interested, but it was a Birthday gesture for her... Now I am on all the spare time I have, mostly.

Those sashes are too funny and so funks with my dyslexia! I can't believe I've been here a year.  

iggies

Momma Mira

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:46 pm
Woot! Happy birthday Gaia!
I actually first joined as auroraceles back in '04 (I know because I got married that year), but lack of internet or own personal computer until last year caused me to wait to join back in the Gaia festivities until then.

I like my purty 2008 sash though.

ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:07 pm
LOL that's awesome! Wow, what a difference huh?  

JupieStarPower6

emosgirl

Desirable Dark Elf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:16 pm
My sash is 2007 and GREEN! Perfect for what I'm changing into for St. Patrick's Day. biggrin  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff