Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
Despair from the Dark

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jevan R. H. Divinitive
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:41 am
Who thinks this card may make a comeback?

I was looking at it and decided I should give it a chance.

1. It's a Zombie so works with Mezuki, Il Blud, Book of Life, etc.
2. It has a reasonable 2800ATK and 3000DEF
3. If it's hit by Virus in the hand it get's Special Summoned.
4. It's a Dark monster so works with Allure of Darkness, Dark Armed Dragon, etc

The only downsides seem to be.
1. It's level 8 so would require 2 tributes without the other cards.
2. It's level 8 so can't be used to Synchro Summon, yet.
3. It has more than 2000DEF so it can't be used with Turtle.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:11 am
If he has that many weaknesses then use the other one; Fear From The Dark.  

Kenshin Yuki

iJasper Hale

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:24 am
he's definitively awesome in zombie decks, and some variants of Dark decks, I already run him in some of my decks, and it's really a great card. The downside is that although he's a nice beatstick, he won't have a way to synchro summon in some time (since the lvl 9 synchro require 2 non tuners for now), he's definitively good nonetheless.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:40 am
Simply terrible.  

Jazz Turnabout

Bakuram

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:21 pm
the only upsides are Mezuki, the Crush Card thing you mentioned, and the Allure of Darkness thing....but all of that is overlooked due to the fact that he can be a dead draw, he can't be snagged by P. Tur, and he can't be used for synchro summoned(yet anyways, till we get the dark synchros)...it's kinda neutral-ish imo... *shrugs*  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:32 pm
Did anyone think of miniturize or demotion?  

Mr_dragon

1,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100

Bakuram

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:04 pm
Mr_dragon

demotion takes up needed space...so that's a no, and same goes for miniaturize...I have a strong feeling that no one is gonna stiff themselves to jus' get a quick synchro off...  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:11 pm
Bakuram
Mr_dragon

demotion takes up needed space...so that's a no, and same goes for miniaturize...I have a strong feeling that no one is gonna stiff themselves to jus' get a quick synchro off...
Especially when you have Ryu Kokki, who still works with Allure but also with Pyramid Turtle and swift Synchro summoning, and then Goku En who is even better when it comes to Synchro summoning but doesn't work with Allure.

Mezuki can overcome Crush Card. Despair is just a waste.  

Jazz Turnabout

Kuan Hsing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:13 pm
Despair goes into the Norleras decks, that's it. In everything else he's dead-draw.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:25 pm
Kuan Hsing
Despair goes into the Norleras decks, that's it. In everything else he's dead-draw.
Doesn't the cost of Norleras have to be a DARK Fiend? Seems pointless, even then.  

Jazz Turnabout

armycat jockamoe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:52 am
Sieg Selwyn
Kuan Hsing
Doesn't the cost of Norleras have to be a DARK Fiend? Seems pointless, even then.

He's talking zombie norleras I believe, where you copy him with phantom of chaos blow the field and hands, then remove the blown up mezuki's to bring back all your big hitters IE: Despair From The Dark.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:11 am
armycat jockamoe
Sieg Selwyn
Kuan Hsing

He's talking zombie norleras I believe, where you copy him with phantom of chaos blow the field and hands, then remove the blown up mezuki's to bring back all your big hitters IE: Despair From The Dark.
Then as pointed out in another thread, may as well go for something more benefitting effect-wise.  

Jazz Turnabout

Kuan Hsing

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:30 am
Sieg Selwyn
armycat jockamoe
Sieg Selwyn
Kuan Hsing

Then as pointed out in another thread, may as well go for something more benefitting effect-wise.

He Trade-Ins and three of him are lethal, or two with some Plaguespreader synchro action (also happens)  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:16 am
i agree with quan. one alone in a deck might not be that great, but if you wanted to add draw power, you could have some trade ins with 3 of him. then you have 3 trade ins, 3 allure.  

shenju_mudo

Domino City

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff