PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:08 pm
i vote Grieg's concerto in A minor!!  

Regis Filia

Aria di Bellezza

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:16 pm
Regis Filia
i vote Grieg's concerto in A minor!!

zOMG tats what i'm playing rite now! ^0^

i'm going to enter that piano concerto contest (forgot the name) for the junior section ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:47 pm
You know, I still don't see the absolute value that Grieg's concerto has. I find some of it's sounds impressive, but to me it's built on a weak theme. However I do find Rachmaninoff's 1st and 2nd concerto to be quite amazing.

But my absolute favorite defiantly would be like this:

Brahms: 1st concerto first mvnt.
Chopin 2nd concerto 2nd mvnt.
Grieg: concerto 3rd mvnt.

That's my favorite if it were a concerto.  

Septomor

Regis Filia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:16 pm
Septomor
You know, I still don't see the absolute value that Grieg's concerto has. I find some of it's sounds impressive, but to me it's built on a weak theme. However I do find Rachmaninoff's 1st and 2nd concerto to be quite amazing.

well I was never really into Rachmaninoff either XD so I guess it's to each his own.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:18 am
Alkan Concerto for Solo Piano, anyone?

hahaha

despite being marred by Fantasia 2000, I still have a particular fondness for Shostakovich's 2nd.  

Camusian_Night-terror

Wings

Invisible Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:42 pm
I'm in a particular Mozart mood again, so I'll go for Mozart's Piano Concerto No. 20 in D minor. The first movement is absolutely sublime. <3

Grieg's piano concerto is catchy and filled with energy--and the fact that it's been used numerous times in pop settings helps contribute to its popularity. I like it myself, but it can be rather cringe-worthy in crude pop settings or rendered ineffective by overly sappy performances.

Rachmaninov's 2nd and 3rd are also on my all-time favourite's list. Beethoven's are enjoyable...Mendelssohn's 1st, Liszt's 2nd, Brahms' 2nd, Schumann...hmm, and I've taken a liking to Ravel's Piano Concerto in G major lately.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:42 pm
Wings
I'm in a particular Mozart mood again, so I'll go for Mozart's Piano Concerto No. 20 in D minor. The first movement is absolutely sublime. <3

Grieg's piano concerto is catchy and filled with energy--and the fact that it's been used numerous times in pop settings helps contribute to its popularity. I like it myself, but it can be rather cringe-worthy in crude pop settings or rendered ineffective by overly sappy performances.

Rachmaninov's 2nd and 3rd are also on my all-time favourite's list. Beethoven's are enjoyable...Mendelssohn's 1st, Liszt's 2nd, Brahms' 2nd, Schumann...hmm, and I've taken a liking to Ravel's Piano Concerto in G major lately.

I totally agree...except in mozart's case i would pick concerto #21  

Chromatic-Death

Dr- Winston Gherkin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:44 pm
Camusian_Night-terror
Alkan Concerto for Solo Piano, anyone?

hahaha

despite being marred by Fantasia 2000, I still have a particular fondness for Shostakovich's 2nd.

Why marred??? Fantasia 2000 was great, especially the depiction of Gershwin's Rhapsody In Blue..More to the point, Shostakovich's Piano Concerto No. II is quite bouncy, it gives at least a happy impression on his life...  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:21 am
Rachmaninov Piano Concerto No. 2
Best Ever!!!  

maestro_cup

jigglypuffVEVO

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:54 pm
The Yellow River Concerto played by Lang Lang!
The Rachmaninov No. 2's amazing too! xD  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:53 am
Ever since I performed it the very first time, Rachmaninov's 3rd piano concerto has always been my favorite.

Closely following that would be Ravel's Concerto in G, Tchaikovsky's 1st piano concerto, and Brahms 2nd piano concerto.  

Confutatis Maledictus

`Kel`
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:06 pm
I do love Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto 1. We just performed it in the orchestra. The lady that played piano is going to be my piano teacher next semester. blaugh

Not sure its the best though, I cant decide.  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:21 pm
I agree with those who said Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto No.2, but I'm also slightly impartial to Beethoven's 3rd Piano Concerto :/  

Sandalphon014

Lord Eydvar

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:02 pm
Lacrimosa Apotheosis
Ever since I performed it the very first time, Rachmaninov's 3rd piano concerto has always been my favorite.

Closely following that would be Ravel's Concerto in G, Tchaikovsky's 1st piano concerto, and Brahms 2nd piano concerto.

first off wow!!! you can play rach3 i'm very impressed since its considered the hardest piano piece ever written. the third movement alone is probably the hardest piece ever but put together wow!!! I like rach 1-4 as well as and yes not a concerto per say but rhapsody on a theme of paganini. also Dvorak Piano Concerto In G minor.  
Instruments and Vocals

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff