Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wings

Invisible Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:22 am
Piroshki
Wings
@Piroshki: Bartok is always fun. *bounces*

Ooh, that piece in the YouTube vid sounds fun. Do you have the sheet music to it?

I do, actually.
I found it on the internet, copied it into Paint and divided it all up so that it would fit on 9 pages in Word. burning_eyes

If you know of a way to post Word documents like we can post images, then I'll happily share it. Otherwise, I still have it in big-huge-long scroll image form. razz

Well, you can upload the word document onto a web file server like sendspace, mediafire, megaupload, etc.? I'm not sure how else to share word documents other than by e-mail attachments, lol.

@Septomor: I was actually disagreeing with the level of difficulty with the pieces, not that you're picking well-known pieces or not.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:14 pm
No that's what I meant. I found a really great piano composer the other day: Amy Beach. Listen to dreaming and prelude for two pianos on youtube. They're pretty great.

Take a look at this.
eek  

Septomor

Aria di Bellezza

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:21 pm
i've played piano for almost 11 years............i'm 13 years old

...hmm...... a history?.....lemme see.............got a grand piano as b-day present at age 3.....................yamaha..........started properly learning how to play.....

skipping over to age 12.........got a Steinway & Sons............

age 13 (current) ............playing Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody #6
Liszt-Paganini piano etudes #2 and #6........  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:02 am
I Cosmo I
D: piano is a percussion .-. not string

its a hybrid between BOTH!

i played piano for 11 years..........and i did a report on it in 5th grade...
....i know  

Aria di Bellezza

Regis Filia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:04 am
I've been playing for 10 years ... currently working on Liszt's Liebestraum no.3 and Chopin's Etude op.10 no.12 =)

any advice appreciated =D  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:33 pm
For the liebestruam I would say that you need to exaggerate the phrasing during practice to see which version you like better, Liszt's or your's. I prefer mine personally.

For the Etude, at the very end, I suggest that you play the FF where it says to on the first beat of that measure, not the second like so many versions have it. I think it was Ricter who really did this etude the way I think it was meant to be.  

Septomor

Pax_Veniaque

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:49 pm
I have been playing since 1st grade so for 14 years. However for the past two years I have been focusing more on accompanying then on solo playing. I am trying to learn chopins ballade no. 2. the fast sections are killing me (my hands are so small I can barely reach an octave).

I am also learning to play organ, does anyone know any good practicing techniques for getting your hands and feet coordinated?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:58 pm
Septomor
For the liebestruam I would say that you need to exaggerate the phrasing during practice to see which version you like better, Liszt's or your's. I prefer mine personally.

For the Etude, at the very end, I suggest that you play the FF where it says to on the first beat of that measure, not the second like so many versions have it. I think it was Ricter who really did this etude the way I think it was meant to be.

ohh k I see =O thanks! I will try out those suggestions =)  

Regis Filia

Septomor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:07 am
Pax_Veniaque
I have been playing since 1st grade so for 14 years. However for the past two years I have been focusing more on accompanying then on solo playing. I am trying to learn chopins ballade no. 2. the fast sections are killing me (my hands are so small I can barely reach an octave).

I am also learning to play organ, does anyone know any good practicing techniques for getting your hands and feet coordinated?

I think for the organ, you just need to learn how to play all 3 parts separately and then combine the feet with one hand, probably your left first.

For the ballade, having small hands would be a problem, I suggest you start practicing chromatic scales with your hands (doesn't have to be both hands at the same time) where your thumb and little finger are an octave apart. Then do the same with your thumb and index finger. It will become possible, trust me, it seems irrational at first but it so simple latter.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:17 pm
Septomor
Pax_Veniaque

I think for the organ, you just need to learn how to play all 3 parts separately and then combine the feet with one hand, probably your left first.

For the ballade, having small hands would be a problem, I suggest you start practicing chromatic scales with your hands (doesn't have to be both hands at the same time) where your thumb and little finger are an octave apart. Then do the same with your thumb and index finger. It will become possible, trust me, it seems irrational at first but it so simple latter.

Thanks for the advice! I will try the chromatic scales for sure.

I have been separating stuff for the organ, and I am good with getting the pedal and right hand, and pedal and left hand, but when I put it together my head explodes. I just wish it wasn't taking so long to learn, I am very impatient when it comes to learning instruments.  

Pax_Veniaque

Lord Eydvar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:31 am
I've been playing piano for 8 years. right now i'm working on Liszt's Hungarian Rhapsody #2 as well as Mozart's Sonata in C k.545 and Beethoven's Pathetique. A good site if you r looking for sheet music is IMSLP.net they've got over 6000 different composers for free.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:48 pm
YAY!!!i can reach 11 keys with one hand now!

my hands are huge xP .........people stare at them like i'm some gorilla or something xD  

Aria di Bellezza

Septomor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:49 pm
lol 11 keys? That's pretty impressive, unless you're counting black and white keys lol.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:59 pm
Septomor
lol 11 keys? That's pretty impressive, unless you're counting black and white keys lol.

nahhhh...........white keys only xDDDD

hmm........*counts inside head* ............i think every1 here can do 11 black and white keys xDD  

Aria di Bellezza

Instruments and Vocals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces