Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Deity cosplay with your avatar Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:41 pm
I tried to enter MoreSpareParts' Avatar Contest of the Gods with some Kemetic gods but I couldn't get any to work to my satisfaction. Those were with TekTek anyway; I doubt I really have anything that I own. I thought it would be a cop-out to go with Yinepu or Aset with Gift of the God/ess after I saw everyone else's fantastic deities.

I had a sort of "Autumn Sprite" outfit on last week:
User Image

Here's a try at Hethert:
User Image
(Unbelievable that the Angelic Sash is worth 13 mil. ...it's DOWN from 22mil last week?? eek ) I wanted to put the cowbell on her but it didn't go with the look...  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:33 am
Boticelli, eat your heart out.

User Image  

Gideon Starorzewski

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:23 am
Right now, I've got a Persephone in the Underworld thing going on.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:44 pm
User Image

My try at Sekhmet. I didn't use the gift of goddess head thing 'cause the horns and wings were too obvious. The flail is supposed to represent the papyrus staff. Also I'm not sure if just the devotees wore red clothing or the goddess herself also wore red. It came out pretty cute, though. 3nodding  

Bastemhet

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:02 pm
Sophist
User Image

My try at Sekhmet. I didn't use the gift of goddess head thing 'cause the horns and wings were too obvious. The flail is supposed to represent the papyrus staff. Also I'm not sure if just the devotees wore red clothing or the goddess herself also wore red. It came out pretty cute, though. 3nodding
Well, strictly speaking, the wings would be more appropriate on Aset or Nebt-het, and Sekhmet wears the Sun Disc without horns.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:51 pm
TheDisreputableDog
Sophist
User Image

Well, strictly speaking, the wings would be more appropriate on Aset or Nebt-het, and Sekhmet wears the Sun Disc without horns.

That's what I meant by obvious. Though now I wish I didn't use that word because of course it wouldn't be obvious to people who haven't looked into the different deities' headdresses. It can be very confusing, considering a lot of them are similar.

I wish they had the sun disc separate. I'm sure some people would find a reason to wear it. Then for Hathor you could pair it with the bull horns from the Western Zodiac.  

Bastemhet

Memento Mortalis Es

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:03 pm
Nuri

I've been wondering what your purpose was in that outfit. I knew there was one.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:21 pm
Me, I'm just pimpin' it. wink But I might try for a Bast thing later...  

SlaineWildfire

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:42 pm
Hitchcock Pajama Party
Nuri

I've been wondering what your purpose was in that outfit. I knew there was one.

I once did it with the green hair and butterflies, but this fits more. You can do the whole pale and dark thing with the Queen of the Underworld, but I love the wealthy queen aspect, stately, with the promise of new wealth to come.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:05 pm
It's looking good Nuri.

I keep thinking I should put together a Sara avi, but nothing really seems to do her justice and it isn't something I would want to do half way.  

TeaDidikai

patch99329

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:29 am
All the cosplay avvies I want to do are of male gods gonk

I'll tektek them later perhaps.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:12 am
User Image

Iris ^_^
http://www.theoi.com/Pontios/Iris.html  

patch99329

Astrox

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:34 pm
Hitchcock Pajama Party
The pajamas are my biggest problem with the avatar. I needed a striped outfit of some kind...

I like the pajamas, you're allowing a little bit of your username influence your deity avatar.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff