Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Avatar Contest of the Gods ~Over Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elizabeth Tarion

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:25 pm
CONTEST RESULTS
THE WINNERS

This wasn't easy, as there were quite a few notable entries, but I've judged accordingly to what I wanted the contest to be like: Avatars creatively made through their respective entity's myths.
This does not mean everyone else sucked! gonk So please don't go thinking that.

And so...

Third Place: RedRoseSpiral with Eos.

Second Place: Neko_Bast with Bast

First Place: TeaDidikai with The Morrigan.

Awesome job, everyone! I might put up another one soon.
Comments, suggestions, etc. are welcome.

~~~~~~

So, here's a fun activity for the guild. blaugh

Using Tektek.org's Dream Avatar Creator, make an avatar based off of a god, hero, or spirit of mythological origin. You can use whatever symbols or literal depictions etc you want as long as the avatar is aesthetically pleasing and creative.

To enter you please post your avatar creation along with the the description/explanation in the thread and I'll move it to the second post for all to see.
There's no charge or anything (FREE!), but please, only one entry per person, kthnx.

The deadline for entries is Halloween. The day after, the winners will be announced in the top of the thread and the prizes will be sent.

Example Entry
Entry: Eris, Goddess of Chaos

User Image

Design: Eris is depicted (in pretty much the only Greek picture I could find) as a dark haired woman, wearing dark clothes, with winged back and feet. The Principia Discordia describes her as being made of stars and other celestial bits, and I wanted to make a compromise and throw in some symbolism.

Cheshire Cat Tail: Talking Wonderland cat. It's the FTW Quality.
Winged Sandals: Winged feet + they are sandals "of enlightenment".
Hammer: For smashing thought patterns, etc. Filled with air and makes squeaky noises.
Winged Sandals: Winged feet in Greek depiction and they are "of enlightenment", which is what PD Eris brings.
Bell: Clear voice, clear message. Things like that.

That's really all there is to it. Don't go overboard with the things you put on the avie, do explain why items were added even if the symbolism does not come from the any myth related to the entity (It's Gaia, you gotta work with what ya got), and have fun. whee  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:28 pm
Entries: 6

Dragon_Witch_Woman
Entry: Artemis; Goddess of the moon, hunting, childbirth, protecteress of young girls and women.

User Image

RedRoseSpiral
Entry: Greek: Eos, Roman: Aurora; Goddess of the Dawn; daughter of the Titans Theia and Hyperion; mother of the Winds (Zephyrus, Boreas, and Notus), the Morning Star Eosphoros, and Memnon.

User Image

TeaDidikai
Entry: The Morrigan, The Phantom Queen, Warrior, Shapeshifter, Lover, represented as both a single being, and a trio of goddesses.

User Image

Neko_Bast
Entry: Bast, she is a sensual goddess that loves attention and being papered like any cat. ^-^

User Image

Deoridhe
Entry: Odin

User Image

Quote:
Entry: Apollon, God of light, prophecy, and music

User Image

Elizabeth Tarion

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:02 pm
Entry: Artemis; Goddess of the moon, hunting, childbirth, protecteress of young girls and women.

User Image

Design: Normaly depicted as a young woman dressed for the hunt, armed with a bow and quiver of arrows, many times with animals, mostly deer, at her side.

Elegent veil x2: closed I could get to Greek clothing.

Black Lace up Cork Sandles: Lace up sandles are the only foot wear I've ever seen her in if she isn't barefooted.

Mythic Hair: She's a lunar deity

Western Zodiac (Saggitarius): Becuase she's just about always depicted armed with a bow and quiver of arrows.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:18 pm
Yea, an entry! xd
It looks lovely, DWW; up it goes ^^  

Elizabeth Tarion

JewelWoods

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:04 pm
User Image

I call it Mother Nature  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:09 pm
No description or explanation, JewelWoods? Without something of the sort, how am I to know what your image is trying to convey? How am I supposed to judge it?  

Elizabeth Tarion

RedRoseSpiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:31 pm
Entry: Greek: Eos, Roman: Aurora; Goddess of the Dawn; daughter of the Titans Theia and Hyperion; mother of the Winds (Zephyrus, Boreas, and Notus), the Morning Star Eosphoros, and Memnon.

User Image

Design: Homer wrote of her as being beautiful, rosy, and pulling a chariot across the sky with two horses Lampos (Firebright) and Phaethon (Daybright). I have taken into account the amount of romantic flings she has had and made her into a flaming hottie (pun intended sweatdrop )

Blue Eyes: I gave her blue eyes to represent the sky.

Phoenix Circlet (halo): The phoenix is a being of fire and light, I thought the circlet was fitting to represent her diadem of feathers.

Sun Staff (back sunbust): This is another play on the sun theme and also since Eos is one of the beings who brings light to Gods and mortals alike.

Whip of Fire: A fiery whip to keep her horses on the right track across the sky.

Lovely Genie Orange Embroidered Harem Pants: The only thing I could find that really fit with the outfit.

Spartan Cloak: How could I not?

Family Jewels: I put in the family jewels to represent her heritage as the daughter of Titans especially her mother Theia who was praised by Pindar as inspiring men to hold gold more powerful than anything else.

Celebrity Date: I used the celebrity date to represent all of the flings she has had with Gods and mortals alike. It has been said that Aphrodite cursed her after finding her with Ares when it comes to men.

Angelic Bracelets: I have her wearing the bracelets because it was common to see Eos representing angels in art work.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:40 am
Entry: The Morrigan, The Phantom Queen, Warrior, Shapeshifter, Lover, represented as both a single being, and a trio of goddesses.

User Image

Design: Morrigan depicted with red hair, ready to take the field.

Summoning Tome- Poe Head Perch: Classically associated with ravens, she takes the form of a raven perched on Cúchulainn's shoulder after his death. Within the triple representation of The Morrigan, Badb also stands as the raven. Within this context, Badb would battle on the field, and would also use magic to turn the tide of the battle as she saw fit.

Mythrill Armour- Circlet: The Circlet is there to denote sovereignty. While I could have selected the Crown of Virgo, I opted for the silver tone, which has cultural significance tied to the Gael according to Wing.

Damascus Armor- Dark Energy: The Armor of the Warrior isn't hard to understand- however, I opted for the "Dark Energy" version because it looks battle stained- a further reminder that life and death can be messy and that sometimes the gods ask for blood.

Damascus Armor- Dark Belt and Dark Leg: Without the need to emphasize the battle stains, the Dark Belt and Dark Legs worked well enough for the aesthetics.

Cloud- Mist: As a member of the Tuatha Dé Danann as noted in The Lebor Gabála Érenn, I used the mist to show the ethereal nature of the fe-fiada as the hero Cúchulainn speaks of it to Ferdiad. There are also mentions of mists and storms changing the flow of battles that might be linked to weather sorcery which deepens the symbolism.

Lunar Cloak: Purely symbolic in nature, the cloak is designed to represent the shroud of the fallen. Worn straight and at her back, it would pass over those on the field who fell before her.

Drop Dead Gorgeous Midnight Gown: Designed to be seen as battle damaged clothing, the color was selected for aesthetic reasons. The actual use of the gown was employed to show that the Morrigan is still a woman, and has womanly desires that are sometimes scarred by her disguises and role within the mythology- an example of this being how Cúchulainn turns her romantic advances away. (UPG on this aspect of course)

Blue Tribal Tattoos: Designed to look like woding, I placed them upon her arms to represent both lust and battle. Woding is an aphrodisiac, and was worn into battle.

Spartan Spear: Statues often depict the Morriagn with a spear in place of a sword. This works out well, because not only is it an apt weapon, but it allows for a balanced design by making room for a shield.

Nitemare Parasol- Open: Too often in the romantic image of battle figures does the blade get more thought than the shield. I included this as a shield to do justice to the tools of battle and to represent her ability to protect her people.

Further- the Grey Eyes and the slight smile represent the stormy nature of her persona with the mild amusement she holds in her interactions with those who seek to challenge her (or falsely claim her- again UPG whee )

Shadow, Scorplett, Reagun, if I have done any disservice, please let me know and I'll make corrections.

Have patience with me- this is the first time I have ever entered an avatar contest. sweatdrop  

TeaDidikai

Elizabeth Tarion

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:02 pm
They're fantastic, you guys! heart heart

Quote:
Have patience with me- this is the first time I have ever entered an avatar contest. sweatdrop
Don't worry, Tea, the entry's just the kind I wanted to see biggrin

Just five more days until the contest ends, everyone!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:07 pm
Entry: Bast, she is a sensual goddess that loves attention and being papered like any cat. ^-^
User Image

Elven Ears (Feline), Superior Form, Sandy Cat Tail, Gills: since she is a "cat goddess" I thought she should look cat like. In mythology she is depicted as either a cat or a woman with the head of a cat.

Egyptian Green Linen Wrap, Lovely Genie White Bangled Bra: For an egyption look. Also, her color is green

CoCo Kitty Plushie: The two cocos represent her sacred temple cats

Lovely Genie Green Belly Gem, Lovely Genie Green Headpiece, Egyptian Gold Anklets, Egyptian Gold Bracelets, Egyptian Sapphire Ankh Pendant, Gift of the Goddess, Hoop Earrings: I put all the gold as a symble for the light of the sun (for she is a solar deity). Also becaue egyptions wore a lot of gold

Plumeria Headpiece: for a exotic feel  

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:20 pm
User Image

Vampire Hunter Hat, Bat Eye Patch, and Brown Musketeer Cape: Odin's signature floppy hat, missing eye, and cape

Lawl And Order Blue Pants: Lawl, do you really think he's orderific?

Barq VOX Sneakers and #0000FF Complex Shirt M: Balancing blak

Spartan Spear: Gungnir  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:00 pm
User Image

Here we have Apollon, God of light, prophecy, and music.
Generally described as an athletic youth carrying a bow or lyre. Here we have both. He is crowned in laurel, an attribute of his due to one of his many love interests. I added the sun tattoo to denote lordship of light. Plus it was cool.  

Noirkaze

Elizabeth Tarion

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:08 am
Great job guys! Just ONE more day to post entires!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:08 pm
Thank you! The prize is going to my quest.  

TeaDidikai

RedRoseSpiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:55 pm
Awesome I got da bronze! Thanks!  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items