Submit

Seraphor

Eloquent Explorer

7,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:53 am
This thread is to simply lay out the events from all the Ivalice games and to discuss how events fit into the sequence.
May take a while to set up.

This will probably develop into a broader info thread for the Ivalice alliance, so I'm sticking it. XD

The Chronology of Ivalice

The Games
In chronological order.

• Final Fantasy XII PS2
• Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings DS
• Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 DS
• Final Fantasy Tactics PS1/PSP
• Vagrant Story PS1
• Final Fantasy Tactics Advance GBA

The Timeline

Red - Officially stated by a Square source.
Green - Stated in an Ivalice Alliance title.
Black - Logically makes sense and is agreed upon by the majority.
Purple - Questionable.

Unknown Era
• ?? - The Occuria reside in Giruvegan.
• ?? - The 12 Espers led by Ultima rebel against the Occuria.

Old Valendia
• 1 - Establishment of the Galtean Federation.
• 394 - The Galtean Federation breaks apart.
• 706 - Final Fantasy XII takes place.
• 707 - Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings takes place.
• 7?? - Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 takes place.
• 7?? - St Ajora establishes the Glabados religion.

Unknown Era
• ?? - A catastrophe befalls civilisation at this stage.
• ?? - Either directly or indirectly, Moogles, Numou and Viera become extinct.
• ~ - Era lasts for 1200 years.

Middle Ages
• ?? - Final Fantasy Tactics takes place.
• ?? - Several centuries later, Arazlam Durai discovers the Durai papers.

Unknown Era
• ?? - Vagrant Story takes place.

Modern Times
• ?? - Final Fantasy Tactics Advance takes place.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:57 am
The Mysteries of Ivalice

All those little inconsistencies, plot holes and unmentioned things.
We'll try to figure them out here.

Cameo Roles, how did they get there?

Throughout the Ivalice Alliance titles there have been character crossovers. Given the Chronology that has been established some of those crossovers don't seem all that possible. So how do they do it?

Montblanc and Nono
Two Moogle brothers from Old Valendia, but why are they in Tactics Advance?
This one's easy. The Ivalice of Tactics Advance really is just a dream world. It's a recreation of the knowledge of the Gran Grimoire, the Moogles personas were obviously recorded.

Luso
A boy from Modern times just like Marche, who finds his own Gran Grimoire, this one however allows him to travel back to the real Old Valendia, which is where TA2 takes place. But why is he in The War of the Lions?
Well this one is unknown, but until TA2 is released we may not know. Of course it could be very simple, he could have just travelled back to the Middle Ages as he had to Old Valendia.

Balthier
A Sky Pirate from Old Valendia, what's he doing caught up in the War of the Lions?
This one really is a puzzler, but TA2 may provide some clues. Could it be that when Luso went back he took the Gran Grimoire with him? Could Balthier have been caught up in it's magic as well?

Espers, Lucavi, Totema. What is their deal?

These beings have cropped up no less than three times so far, but why are they always there, and why do they change between each one?

This one may take some explaining, it's rather complicated. I'll start with the Glabados Religion.
What we know of the Glabados religion is that it was founded by Ajora of Old Valendia, in which Ajora planned to use the power of the Espers or Lucavi to rule Ivalice. His main plan was to manipulate the legend of the Zodiac Braves.
The Chronology places the "12 Knights kill demons" thing before the founding of the Galtean Alliance, which means this occurred before the great Era of Humes, of Old Valendia. This points to the original Zodiac Braves not being Knights at all, but it being the original Rebellion of the Espers against the Occuria.
Now the Espers of XII were protrayed as almost a race of beings created by the Occuria. In Revenant Wings were are introduced to a total of 50 Espers, so there are more than the 13 Espers we know of. The Lucavi could be the name Ultima and the 12 others used for their rebellion, and could therefore not apply to the other Espers.

The Occuria sealed the Espers behind magical Glyphs, this we experience in XII.
In Revenant Wings we're introduced to Auracite, which is how Espers are now summoned.
Could it be that once the Occuria's power was destroyed that the Glyphs binding the Espers were also destroyed, essentially freeing them. They then took their forms as Auracite, in a similar way to Espers becoming Magicite in FFVI.

Now the Totema of TA could easily be explained by the fact that nothing in TA is real, it's all a dream, but that would be too easy. XD
It could be that at some point in Old Valendia certain Espers made alliances with certain races. These Alliance were recorded within the Gran Grimoire and then exaggerated in the recreated Dreamworld of Ivalice.

Seraphor

Eloquent Explorer

7,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100

A r c a n i a

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:09 pm
Damn eek no wonder you were planning on making a guild like this one.
well done, and thank you.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:11 pm
I have my own theory about the whole Balthier business. In the original Tactics, Cloud of FFVII was summoned to Ivalice via a machine powered by the Aquarius Zodiac Stone. So, assuming that Machinests had that kind of technology, couldn't one assume that someone had the technology to drag Mustadio's 40-somethingth Great Grandfather foward a thousand years or so?

And in regard to the whole "Moogles, Viera, Nu Mou, and Bangaa in Tactics Advance" bit, that is quite simple. That Ivalice is about as real as a pink girafe. That Ivalice is a manifestation of Marche, Ritz, Doned, and Mewt's dreams and desires, altered slightly by some information of the Old Valendia Period of the true Ivalice. This also explains why the Seeq are suprisingly absent from said incarnation. No one really liked the Seeq, so they didn't make it a point to write any information about them in the Gran Grimoire.  

hagane danbira

6,150 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200

Rueian Prizm

4,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:52 pm
I think that Cloud was summoned during the time he was in the life stream allowing him to easily pass through to other times (or dimensions?)

The machinists probably had less to do about it then you think. I assumed from that scene (when the machine is turned on and cloud appears) that it was more of an accident then anything.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:11 pm
.::] Its all very simple...Balthier was bitten by a vampire somewhere around FFTA2 and lived on until Tactics time, and was cured by magical potions and treasures he was stealing from the church... cool xd [::.

Yue of White Feathers

Ice-Cold Prophet

Free Man Matt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:14 pm
Rueian Prizm
I think that Cloud was summoned during the time he was in the life stream allowing him to easily pass through to other times (or dimensions?)

The machinists probably had less to do about it then you think. I assumed from that scene (when the machine is turned on and cloud appears) that it was more of an accident then anything.

From what I've heard, Cloud in his time on the lifestream was teleported to another dimension, that one being FFT Ivalice.

On the Balthier stuff, by some reason, I just see him as a direct descendant of FFXII Balthier, almost like a rencarnation or something alike.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Just Call Me Anonymous
.::] Its all very simple...Balthier was bitten by a vampire somewhere around FFTA2 and lived on until Tactics time, and was cured by magical potions and treasures he was stealing from the church... cool xd [::.
Works for me.  

Rueian Prizm

4,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Statustician 100

Yue of White Feathers

Ice-Cold Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:17 pm
MagnoM9

From what I've heard, Cloud in his time on the lifestream was teleported to another dimension, that one being FFT Ivalice.

On the Balthier stuff, by some reason, I just see him as a direct descendant of FFXII Balthier, almost like a rencarnation or something alike.

.::] He talks about being a Sky Pirate though, so direct descendant doesn't seem right, my first impression was that he was lost in the past, but now it seems like he's lost in a less technological future... Reminds me of the Romans... [::.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:33 pm
Just Call Me Anonymous

Or he found the Time Mage's spell "Speed" and zoomed to the future. Of course, realizing that Balthier did not come from FFT's time, I screwed up my guy's rp storyline claiming he "grew" up with him. Oh well. If I went by Magno's reason, my guy would have had a chance to have "grown" up with him.  

Chris Wytehowse

VotN

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:00 pm
Balthier mentioned in FFT that when he touched the Cache of Glabados, he was whisked away to the Ivalice Ramza lives in. The Cache of Glabados is probably a time-travel device. Where it came from I can't say.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:01 pm
That's probably why he's branded a heretic.  

Chris Wytehowse

Rueian Prizm

4,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:11 pm
you could be branded a heretic for stubbing your toe on a church step...  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:54 am
.::] " Yeah, I agree with Rue, considering the Church is kind of like the government, if they don't like you, they can get rid of you. And obviously if Ramza was a weaker man he would have died ten times over with all the people that knew he was a 'heretic'. " [::.

Yue of White Feathers

Ice-Cold Prophet

Ivalice Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas