Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!
[Guide] Meditating Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Leavaros

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:09 am
Another version of meditation is to meditate on a single statement, proverb, or truth to discover the layers of truth that it might hold, or might not hold. For example, I meditate on my study of Love constantly. There is a verse in the Bible that I enjoy meditating on, in Romans somewhere, "Love is the completion of the Law." It makes me feel warm and whole in it's truth. Doing that with the Wiccan Rede also provides an interesting meditation, such as the great "An' it harm none, do what ye will", or the slightly less popular "Merry meet and merry part". The implications of these things are wonderful.

I think I might actually make a thread about this, given the proper permission about.

Love and Vale,
~Leavaros Dapple  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:17 pm
I often burn incents for no reasson other then i like the smell. Does it matter what kind of incent you use to purify the air or is it an optional thing?

User Image
(This is for the Imbolc puzzle. Please don't remove).  

longlived

Original Gaian

7,650 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200

Sukai_Koneko

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:51 pm
I'm really new. But sometimes when I'm just laying down...i don't remember what i was thinking but it's as if i zone-out, i see things but aren't sure what they are/were. Is that in anyway normal?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:55 am
I have tried to meditate, but I fall asleep redface  

Mermie

_IceGoddess15_

6,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:43 pm
Mermie
I have tried to meditate, but I fall asleep redface

Don't be embarrassed! That's normal, your body becomes releaxed and you fall asleep. I suggest you meditate while sitting up if you can. Or you can play relaxing music which should keep you awake.
I mostly meditate while laying in bed, so my body relaxs and I fall asleep too, so don't give up and try different things to make sure you don't fall asleep.
^.^

I hope that helped! May the goddess bless ye.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:44 pm
Okay, so I was meditating. Slowly breathing, until i had almost slipped into a world which consisted of my breathing and nothing much else. At this point my eyes began to vibrate a lot almost uncomfortably, and I could imagine my spirit as if it were slipping out of my body. Of course, it was only me picturing it, but the eyes vibrating probably isn't good. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?  

Oh Em Jesus

Eddie-Ka

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:14 am
I tried to meditate, but i really have difficultly doing it.
the oone time i managed to relax i got a weird feeling. Like something was pushing down on me. but not pushing my body....im not sure what was being pushed. the sensastion made me jump (it startled me) and then it dissapeared. any ideas as to what was happening?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:38 am
This might sound weird but... I can't meditate. I'm naturally restless, and find it difficult to stay comfortable. When I try to meditate, I can't stop wriggling. It's the same when I try to sleep. I just can't relax and I just get irritated.

Can anybody help? Please? I'm getting kind of desperate at the moment...

SwirlingDark

Lonely Phantom

9,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Shinigami-Rem_Death-Note

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:34 am
Is it normal to hear voices? This may sound silly but when 'attempting' to meditate, I focus on the silence and then I keep hearing the sort of sound you hear of babbling voices when people in a classroom all start talking at once. I kept catching bits of conversation and I recognised many voices as people from my school. It's very confusing. Am I doing it right or are these just random thoughts passing through?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:02 pm
one thing that helps me is the presence of my element. I put a candle infront of me and it really helps, though the idea may work for more, sit under a tree you actually feel something for (maybe you have a connection) and just let it come, some people need to be near water or in it, and with air one of my friends actually goes to a place she just knows its right...if that makes sense to you. with a lot of people it really helped, i hope this helps you!  

Velloxys Twilight

Indigo Star Child

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:06 am
When I meditate I usually fall sleep. I can't meditate when I am sitting up because my head will sling back. It is hard to get comfortable with a pillow behind my head. Any suggestions?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:09 pm
When I meditated, it's often either in my room on the floor, my back to the bed so I have something to lean against since I have bad hips and a bad back. After a little while I often dont even feel the bed anymore. It's hard to get taht feeling of just COMPLETE goneness for me though.

Like, there's so much moving around me because I feel electricity and vibrations in the air and space around me that it's hard to leave it alone. It's almost like constantly being grounded. I go through vortexes of colors and tend to fall into a concious sleep.

What has helped, and actually worked lately was the last time I really sat down to do it was a friend's house. (Which I'm more comfortable in than my own home most times) was I tried to call out to my soulmate. Something I've learned to do when I'm sad or I feel my heart breaking. (My empathy gets really about around that time of the month and I end up feeling so sad it hurts) I can feel something, I've even felt arms embrace me and a breath on my neck.

I've been able to feel energies and what not but as far as going places or seeing places, no such luck.  

Aurora Monster

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:29 am
I've tried mediating a few times but for some reason my eyes kept vibrating (I'm guessing as someone suggested already I could be moving to the astral plane) not only that but I couldn't concentrate and always found myself opening my eyes every few seconds. Would listening to music help combat this problem?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:28 pm
It certainly wouldn't hurt to try listening to music. I'd recommend something calming and peaceful. Classical music or music such as the music by Enya would be really great. smile

I particularly like using music during meditation because it helps to drown out noises that would otherwise distract you. If there are outside noises (like people talking) that are distracting you, it might also be a good idea to purchase a table fan. They create what's called "white noise" which drowns out a lot of outside noise. For example: when I have mine turned OFF, I can hear the conversations of my family members on the first floor (I'm on the second floor). But when it's on, I can't hear them, usually not even when they're at the bottom of my stairs...  

dark_angel_32189

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:31 am
dark_angel_32189
It certainly wouldn't hurt to try listening to music. I'd recommend something calming and peaceful. Classical music or music such as the music by Enya would be really great. smile

I particularly like using music during meditation because it helps to drown out noises that would otherwise distract you. If there are outside noises (like people talking) that are distracting you, it might also be a good idea to purchase a table fan. They create what's called "white noise" which drowns out a lot of outside noise. For example: when I have mine turned OFF, I can hear the conversations of my family members on the first floor (I'm on the second floor). But when it's on, I can't hear them, usually not even when they're at the bottom of my stairs...
Seems I need to go cd shopping one of these days. The only thing calming I have on my i-pod or my cd collection is Red Hot Chili Peppers. xD. Thanks for the tips.  
The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games