not true
  I'm not sure
  I don't really care
  other
View Results

Guacamole-kun

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:28 pm
Death T-2
A quick trip on Google and an online Bible has shown me a few references that support that God is unchangeble.

Malachi 3:6
James 1:17
1 Samuel 15:29
Numbers 23:19
Hebrews 6:17

I'm sure there are more to be found by cross-referencing and in-depth Bible study, but I lack the time at present.

But if God's image changed, then how would we know that his policies and commandments didn't as well? It doesn't make sense that He might change salvation around every millenia or re-sacrifice Jesus. It would kind of destroy the entire Bible. Personally, my faith would be thrown if that were so.

Hmmmm, interesting points. But actually, one might argue that a lot of the things in the Bible have become out-dated.
Not because the rules of good and bad have changed at all, or anything like that. Just because the world has changed. We have refrigeration, we're overpopulated, etc... all that stuff that might render all those rules about food and sex and such obsolete.

(Haha, sorry for the lazy argument.. if it doesn't make sense, I'll elaborate. I'm just all sorts of sleepy at the moment.)  
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:07 am
Part of it outdated? All right, let's just throw the whole religion in the garbage. Obviously, if it says it's completely constant and it isn't, then none of it can be proven true. Everyone here and around the world has just wasted time and not done all that fun stuff the Bible warns against, like sex. There's no way God knew about STD's or rapists or anything, so just go ahead with it.  

Death T-2

Dapper Dabbler

21,900 Points
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Sinner

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 1:57 pm
rockmanx
As for evolution, there is difference from the adaptation evolution and evolution to a new animal.

Yes, and the difference is nothing more than quantity.

rockmanx
We did not come from monkeys

Not technically what we'd call "monkeys", no, of course not. We branched off from monkeys long ago. However, we did evolve from an ape-like ancestor that was, at one point, shared with many of the apes around today.  
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:19 pm
Guacamole-kun
So, we're made in God's image, right? So (some people say) there's no way evolution could ever be real. (Despite, you know... the proof.)

So, where's it say that God doesn't change? That his image doesn't shift over the millenia, and, in turn, effect our form? Because everything else in the known universe changes. So why even assume that God wouldn't?

(... I could be wrong, of course. It might say somewhere that he doesn't. But you'd think people would have used it in evolution arguments if that were the case.)
Malachi 3:6 For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

That is the verse that says He change not. Now remember we are made in His image but we all look differen't. And there are different reason for this. Now some people say in Genesis 1:26 that our Father was talking to Jesus and the Holy Spirit. I find that weird becuase all three are the same person and never seen where God talk to Himself in third person unless it was when Jesus was showing us what to do. Every time our Father said He will do something, He would us "I", not "we". That is why I think like some do, that the ones who our Father was talking to were the angels. He wanted His angels to help out. Not becuase He need the help but becuase He has always been one who like doing stuff with His children.

As for evolution, there is difference from the adaptation evolution and evolution to a new animal. We did not come from monkeys but does not mean that the humans have not evolve trough adapation.

rockmanx

Guacamole-kun

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 11:11 am
Death T-2
Part of it outdated? All right, let's just throw the whole religion in the garbage. Obviously, if it says it's completely constant and it isn't, then none of it can be proven true. Everyone here and around the world has just wasted time and not done all that fun stuff the Bible warns against, like sex. There's no way God knew about STD's or rapists or anything, so just go ahead with it.

Hey, all that stuff used to be the best that people could come up with, I'm sure. And just because some of it's outdated, that doesn't mean some of it's still good advice, and that also doesn't mean we can't tell the difference between the good advice and the stuff that no longer applies.

But whatever... next time you get leprosy, please invite me over so I can watch you kill a pigeon and a goat and tie them together and bathe in their blood while eating 50 twinkies as fast as you can, or whatever it says to do.  
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 11:26 am
rockmanx
Guacamole-kun
So, we're made in God's image, right? So (some people say) there's no way evolution could ever be real. (Despite, you know... the proof.)

So, where's it say that God doesn't change? That his image doesn't shift over the millenia, and, in turn, effect our form? Because everything else in the known universe changes. So why even assume that God wouldn't?

(... I could be wrong, of course. It might say somewhere that he doesn't. But you'd think people would have used it in evolution arguments if that were the case.)
Malachi 3:6 For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

That is the verse that says He change not. Now remember we are made in His image but we all look differen't. And there are different reason for this. Now some people say in Genesis 1:26 that our Father was talking to Jesus and the Holy Spirit. I find that weird becuase all three are the same person and never seen where God talk to Himself in third person unless it was when Jesus was showing us what to do. Every time our Father said He will do something, He would us "I", not "we". That is why I think like some do, that the ones who our Father was talking to were the angels. He wanted His angels to help out. Not becuase He need the help but becuase He has always been one who like doing stuff with His children.

As for evolution, there is difference from the adaptation evolution and evolution to a new animal. We did not come from monkeys but does not mean that the humans have not evolve trough adapation.

Hmmm.. well, congrats, you're the first person to actually show me exactly where it says he doesn't change. ^^; A new wrinkle of information just formed on my brain. I guess I can't continue to support my argument from that particular angle.

Oh, and might I suggest you shift your thinking on evolution a bit? It's not really that things change with the goal of becoming a 'new animal'. They just continue to adapt until it becomes hard to recognize the connection between their current appearance and the way they used to look.  

Guacamole-kun

Atarashi No Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:46 pm
The Bible says God is the same YESTERDAY, TODAY, and FOREVER.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:01 pm
Just look at the UNIVERSE! It didn't just come on its own. There IS a creator!  

Atarashi No Sensei

Etherealemblem

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:37 pm
it is true, milord doesn't change, he is PERFECT, therefore perfection need not change, and it says he's the same yesterday, today and forever, therefore he didn't change and become perfect, so he has always been, and he shall continue.  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff