Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Charging sigils?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:04 am
How on earth can you charge a sigil? I've read about many methods like meditating. But I can't meditate on it, without forgetting to focus on my breathing. Focusing on my breathing and body is the only thing to keep my head completely blank. I've read to charge a sigil is to keep it in your head while meditating. I can't do that. gonk

Then there was a method about staring at it until it "shivers". I can stare it for two days straight and I won't see it "shivering".

Then there's spitting on it...

Are there more methods to charge a sigil? Or am I just a hopeless case? lol  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:15 pm
until it shivers? what does that mean? do they mean like when your eyes start going out of focus? and i dont think id spit on it... sounds a lil unsanitary :/ im not really experienced with this sort of thing since ive never worked with sigils before. i mean ive heard of them to be used by carving them on a candle. maybe theres a way to charge it on the candle? maybe bless the candle like you would when you cleanse your altar/shrine. or maybe write it on a piece of paper and stick it under your pillow? or if you like messing with herbs stick the piece of paper in a satchel with herbs, stones or anything that might help you with your purpose. please dont take this advice as anything that has been done before and worked. these are mainly ideas im coming up with. because essentially how you decide to charge them should be your own way and it will work 10x better. this is just something i would do. another couple of ideas, stick the peice of paper under a powerful rock and place it on your altar, in a window, or even outside. i think possibilities are endless especially with a creative mind. smile  

Moonlite__Syren

Cunning Hunter

10,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:15 am
Moonlite__Syren
until it shivers? what does that mean? do they mean like when your eyes start going out of focus? and i dont think id spit on it... sounds a lil unsanitary :/ im not really experienced with this sort of thing since ive never worked with sigils before. i mean ive heard of them to be used by carving them on a candle. maybe theres a way to charge it on the candle? maybe bless the candle like you would when you cleanse your altar/shrine. or maybe write it on a piece of paper and stick it under your pillow? or if you like messing with herbs stick the piece of paper in a satchel with herbs, stones or anything that might help you with your purpose. please dont take this advice as anything that has been done before and worked. these are mainly ideas im coming up with. because essentially how you decide to charge them should be your own way and it will work 10x better. this is just something i would do. another couple of ideas, stick the peice of paper under a powerful rock and place it on your altar, in a window, or even outside. i think possibilities are endless especially with a creative mind. smile
I don't know. If my eyes go out of focus it still doesn't shiver.

Under the pillow or the stone sounds much more comfortable to me. Thanks. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:46 am
Dianda Panda
How on earth can you charge a sigil? I've read about many methods like meditating. But I can't meditate on it, without forgetting to focus on my breathing. Focusing on my breathing and body is the only thing to keep my head completely blank. I've read to charge a sigil is to keep it in your head while meditating. I can't do that. gonk

Then there was a method about staring at it until it "shivers". I can stare it for two days straight and I won't see it "shivering".

You may just be trying too hard.

If it's a sigil you've created yourself, you can try the 'set it and forget it' method - direct as much intent and will as you can into it when you draw it, and then put it somewhere it can work and pretty much let it do its' thing. Just be very focused on your work when you are doing it, and then forget about it when you're done. Sigil magic is pretty independent in nature.

If it's an established sigil or symbol you're using, it will have the weight of ritual resonance behind it from everyone else who has used it before you. It will draw on that connection on its' own - so long as you again direct your will and intent clearly when you use it.

Colour can help charge a sigil - use what is appropriate to its' intent. You can also surround the sigil with items sympathetic to your purpose to help charge it and direct it - rocks, coins, sex toys - whatever.

Moonlite__Syren
and i dont think id spit on it... sounds a lil unsanitary :/

You think spit is unsanitary? As magical fluids go that's pretty tame - some things can call for hair, skin, blood, fingernails, semen, urine, or menstrual fluid. These are very traditional components in witchcraft - and there's a long tradition of them being used as ingredients in food or drink in spells.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:56 am
Morgandria

I kind of hung it on my board I barely look at, and played a game after I tried all the meditation on it and what not so I could forget about it. whee

Also, some say to remove the vowels and some say only remove the repeating letters? Does this really matter?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:02 am
Dianda Panda
Morgandria

I kind of hung it on my board I barely look at, and played a game after I tried all the meditation on it and what not so I could forget about it. whee

Also, some say to remove the vowels and some say only remove the repeating letters? Does this really matter?

Sigils are funny beasts. We all make them differently, and whatever works for you personally is going to be the best method. Me, I strike out all the repeating letters, and then play with all the stuff that's left until I end up with a pleasing shape. It doesn't matter to me whether all those letters end up being identifiable in the final product. You'll have to keep playing with them until you figure out what really pleases your aesthetic - that's going to be your best bet. Fewer letters tends to work better, though, so I find it can help if you can squeeze your intent down to as few words as possible (while still being clear and focused) before you start striking letters off.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:12 am
Morgandria

My sigil kind of looks weird, but I think it looks pretty good for a first time. cool
Thanks for the tip!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:24 pm
Morgandria
Dianda Panda

You may just be trying too hard.

If it's a sigil you've created yourself, you can try the 'set it and forget it' method - direct as much intent and will as you can into it when you draw it, and then put it somewhere it can work and pretty much let it do its' thing. Just be very focused on your work when you are doing it, and then forget about it when you're done. Sigil magic is pretty independent in nature.

If it's an established sigil or symbol you're using, it will have the weight of ritual resonance behind it from everyone else who has used it before you. It will draw on that connection on its' own - so long as you again direct your will and intent clearly when you use it.

Colour can help charge a sigil - use what is appropriate to its' intent. You can also surround the sigil with items sympathetic to your purpose to help charge it and direct it - rocks, coins, sex toys - whatever.

Moonlite__Syren
and i dont think id spit on it... sounds a lil unsanitary :/

You think spit is unsanitary? As magical fluids go that's pretty tame - some things can call for hair, skin, blood, fingernails, semen, urine, or menstrual fluid. These are very traditional components in witchcraft - and there's a long tradition of them being used as ingredients in food or drink in spells.

i guess thats true. the worst ive ever used is fingernails, hair, blood, and baby teeth. ive heard pf menstrual blood being put in the mans food/drink as a purpose to make him fall in love with her or something but i dont want to go to jail. you can go to jail for swapping bodily fluids especially if the other person consumes it. then its attempted murder with a deadly weapon. you know people can sue other people for the same reason if they get spit on? i love humanity and how sue happy its become smile  

Moonlite__Syren

Cunning Hunter

10,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Theron_The_Wanderer

Seeker

6,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:43 pm
First of all, you should never charge a sigil with your energy unless you made it...There's too many variables that can come into play. Not trying to be rude, just saying. smile Second of all, there is really no need to rituals or utilizing any specific item. Though these things can help, all you really need is knowing how to manipulate and use your own energy/magick. All things are born of energy, and we are able to utilize that energy with proper practice and training outside of a ritualistic setting. For example, charging a sigil, or placing wards against other spells or spirits.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:07 pm
Theron_The_Wanderer
First of all, you should never charge a sigil with your energy unless you made it...There's too many variables that can come into play. Not trying to be rude, just saying. smile Second of all, there is really no need to rituals or utilizing any specific item. Though these things can help, all you really need is knowing how to manipulate and use your own energy/magick. All things are born of energy, and we are able to utilize that energy with proper practice and training outside of a ritualistic setting. For example, charging a sigil, or placing wards against other spells or spirits.

But what if it was made by someone else to be charged by the person who was meant to use it?

Yes you said there are "too many variables" but I think you missed a big one in your generalization.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

Theron_The_Wanderer

Seeker

6,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:20 pm
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Theron_The_Wanderer

But what if it was made by someone else to be charged by the person who was meant to use it?

Yes you said there are "too many variables" but I think you missed a big one in your generalization.

Sigils should never be given in such a way. If a sigil is placed upon a gift, then the creator of the sigil should still charge it. Depending on the sigil and it's intention, if the power of the sigil is too vast for the person "suppose" to charge it, it could very well drain them past their limits. I'm all for giving gifts with sigils placed upon them. I've done it many times. But I always charge them myself, then explain what the sigil is for and it's intention. And I personally only accept sigils from those whom I am very close to. Perhaps I have just run into far too many troubles and dangers in my life, but sigils are not something to be trifled with if you are unsure of them.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:26 pm
Theron_The_Wanderer
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Theron_The_Wanderer

Sigils should never be given in such a way. If a sigil is placed upon a gift, then the creator of the sigil should still charge it. Depending on the sigil and it's intention, if the power of the sigil is too vast for the person "suppose" to charge it, it could very well drain them past their limits. I'm all for giving gifts with sigils placed upon them. I've done it many times. But I always charge them myself, then explain what the sigil is for and it's intention. And I personally only accept sigils from those whom I am very close to. Perhaps I have just run into far too many troubles and dangers in my life, but sigils are not something to be trifled with if you are unsure of them.

I wasn't talking about giving the sigil as a gift. What I had in my head was if someone paid someone or asked someone to make one for them to charge themselves.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

Agent REDACTED

Distrustful Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:02 pm
I read this one theory on how to charge sigils that was actually quite interesting. I've tried it out to much success.
You make sigils in groups of about three, usually. One of these sigils should be for something that you are certain you are going to do. For example, you could have made one for drawing luck, another for financial success, and then make the last one for drinking coffee in the morning or something along those lines. You charge all of these sigils at once. Then, make sure you do that thing. It sounds silly, but it definitely helps charge it because, hey, it came true, didn't it? This has been pretty effective for me. It's referred to as "robofishing" or "shoaling".  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:43 pm
surrender2music
I read this one theory on how to charge sigils that was actually quite interesting. I've tried it out to much success.
You make sigils in groups of about three, usually. One of these sigils should be for something that you are certain you are going to do. For example, you could have made one for drawing luck, another for financial success, and then make the last one for drinking coffee in the morning or something along those lines. You charge all of these sigils at once. Then, make sure you do that thing. It sounds silly, but it definitely helps charge it because, hey, it came true, didn't it? This has been pretty effective for me. It's referred to as "robofishing" or "shoaling".

by do the thing do you mean drink coffee? and that will help the other ones work? i'm a little confused i haven't worked with sigils before  

Musical_Vampire_Socks

27,300 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Converting 100 items 100

Agent REDACTED

Distrustful Seeker

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 9:25 am
Musical_Vampire_Socks
surrender2music

by do the thing do you mean drink coffee? and that will help the other ones work? i'm a little confused i haven't worked with sigils before

It's no problem!
Yeah, in this case it would be to drink the coffee. Like, whatever sigil you made that you can control, do the thing that it was intending.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games