Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Witchschool?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mechanical kitsy
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:31 pm
I've probably asked this before years ago but I can't remember.

Any credibility to WitchSchool? I know I've taken a few of their classes, but don't really know anything. They have standard information up as far as I can tell, but they let just about anyone create lessons, so that can't be too good.

Also, I don't know too much about Correllian Wicca but that seems to be what they're selling, literally.

I probably signed up for it in my fluffy days when I was 14/15 and realizing what my uncle taught me wasn't the usual for most people.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:32 pm
Nope. They initiate cats as priests. Like, literally.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:39 am
Cats, and I believe a goldfish, at one point.

They try to spin some tale of the tradition being an ancient Scottish form of traditional witchcraft, Spiritualism, and Cherokee medicine practices in the late 1800's-early 1900's. I guess they decided they were Wiccan in the 1970's. But a Wiccan tradition that predates the founding of Wicca...and has an unbroken lineage of witchcraft to antiquity. It's pretty far-fetched.

It's neither Wicca, nor is it Native, so it's a double appropriation of terms it doesn't really qualify for. They have pretty much abandoned any concept that the teaching of the Craft should be free, and never got close to understanding the idea of a 'proper person, properly prepared, in the proper place'. It's pretty much straight-up ENP without any sense of quality control. It's not all that useful, except as an example of what not to do.

You can look up their 'lessons' on Youtube - both Witch School and MagickTV are their channels - and some people post their rituals up on there as well for 'coursework'. They're pretty awful to watch.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:14 am
Some of their classes aren't that great. The video ones are basic information you can find anywhere and the class that is meant to be about chaos and discord is absolutely horrible. (Whoever wrote that one did not know what they were talking about).
But some of there classes are interesting. Right know I'm taking the one about the Isis priesthood. Of course it's just information based on the interpretations of what has been found or studied by Egyptologists, but I don't mind.
Tarot college has been taken over by witch school. Except for the long tests, so far everything is the same.  

Angel Bruja

kyndryana3

10,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:49 am
I got a lifetime membership many, many years ago. The bulk of the classes I have taken have been on the poor side. One thing I absolutely didn't like was that their 'tests' are just multiple choice, and you can literally have the lesson up in one tab and read until you find the answer and then select it and pass.

They did offer, a long time back, a pretty neat discussion based class on the Book of Law. It was essay based, and if you put effort into it, was good. But it seemed to be the exception.

I haven't been to their site in ages though I still get the newsletter.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:35 pm
Ah. Yea I kinda figured it would be somewhere along those lines. They pretty much let anyone be a teacher, too. I found it in my old bookmarks, off of a flash drive from ancient history (lol).

And sorry, pretty much immediately after I posted this (within the half hour), my 3 year old niece died. It's been a difficult few months. I haven't really been active anywhere.  

mechanical kitsy
Crew

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:55 pm
mechanical kitsy
Ah. Yea I kinda figured it would be somewhere along those lines. They pretty much let anyone be a teacher, too. I found it in my old bookmarks, off of a flash drive from ancient history (lol).

And sorry, pretty much immediately after I posted this (within the half hour), my 3 year old niece died. It's been a difficult few months. I haven't really been active anywhere.

Oh my god, how awful for your family.

heart  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:31 am
mechanical kitsy

sad My condolences.  

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Nostalgic Scrapbooker 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Musical_Vampire_Socks

27,300 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Converting 100 items 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:48 pm
My Condolences as well mechanical kitsy emotion_hug
---------

after reading your posts on this site I'm thinking I'm going to avoid it but I am a bit curious about it now having never heard of it before  
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:24 pm
Thanks guys... She's really my niece by personal adoption... Her mother used to be my roommate.

I would say they have some info, and some is good-ish for basic stuff, but don't spend any money.  

mechanical kitsy
Crew

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:31 am
The first degree of the tradition is free. After that it costs money.

I paid for membership once and I think I have that paperwork somewhere, but I never found it very fulfilling or satisfying. Something always felt off.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:52 pm
leave the witch school for harry potter. i love concept of it but really more as a fantasy. but thats just my personal opinion on it.  

Moonlite__Syren

Cunning Hunter

10,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games