Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Should I tell him?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Veneficus Monstrum

6,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:13 am
So here's the thing: I really like this guy in this taiko drum group I'm in. I tried for a while to convince myself that I didn't (since I'm pretty sure he's straight), but obviously that didn't exactly work. Now I'm just not sure what I should do. Should I just gut up and tell him how I feel (I don't think he'd be the type to freak out and hate me), or should I just keep quiet about it (he'll be graduating by this semester)?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:30 am
Go ahead and tell him. If it goes bed.... well he will be leaving at the end of the year, so what have you got to lose?  

Yoseisame

6,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • First step to fame 200

King_of_Tarts

Ruthless Man-Lover

9,900 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:55 am
Yoseisame
Go ahead and tell him. If it goes bed.... well he will be leaving at the end of the year, so what have you got to lose?

110% agree. Besides if you don't take the chance you'll always think "what if?"  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:33 am
What have you to lose?

Telling him would ease your conscience and what is the worst that could happen? Sure, he could reject you but isn't that a part of life?

A lot of guys would be flattered, regardless of your sexuality.

I say, bite the bullet and do it to it.  

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200

Shadow Ra Warrior

Unbeatable Tycoon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:16 am
Tough question; tough answer. I don't want you to get hurt. What you see is different than what he will actuallty do. Use great caution if you still want to go through with this. I say don't since he is in the same group you are and what I stated earlier. If you want to go through with this, pull him aside away from the others and say you have a crush on him. Again, I fear the outcome so I say don't do it.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:46 pm
Thank you all for the advice, I really appreciate it.

I think I'll probably test the waters, so to speak, and I may say something in a couple weeks. After all, I'm always the first one to practice so no one else would be around. confused  

Veneficus Monstrum

6,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

peterrrrrrr

Lonely Perfectionist

18,575 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Champion 300
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:12 pm
Tell, of course 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:06 pm
Hey, if you're still feeling uneasy about it I can tell you the time I told my first crush (who was straight) that I liked him.

Okay, so this boy lives on my block and I don't even know his name. At this time, I never ever came outside because I was bullied and scared (not for being gay, I was still closted and unsure). One day he apparently told my sister to get me to come outside and hang out with him. So I go out, and there he stood. He was... amazing. After three or so months we became great friends, and I came out as Bisexual at first. He didn't care. One day I felt really upset because I realized he couldn't like me back. He came up to me and asked what was wrong. Eventually he got me to speak, at which point I broke down in tears. I thought he would either, laugh, make fun of me, or tell other people. He didn't do any of those. Instead he sat down with me and just hugged me. After I stopped crying, he asked me if I was okay. I said yes and he said back, "I kinda figured you had a crush on me.... It's cool." And he smiled. We hugged again and separated, going in to our houses.

Me and this guy are still friends and still hang out today. I don't know if this helps, but I hope it does. I don't know the guy you like but if he's cool then I think you should go for it.  

LesserDog

Savage Sex Symbol

8,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200

Veneficus Monstrum

6,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:22 pm
Timid Mishu
Hey, if you're still feeling uneasy about it I can tell you the time I told my first crush (who was straight) that I liked him.

Okay, so this boy lives on my block and I don't even know his name. At this time, I never ever came outside because I was bullied and scared (not for being gay, I was still closted and unsure). One day he apparently told my sister to get me to come outside and hang out with him. So I go out, and there he stood. He was... amazing. After three or so months we became great friends, and I came out as Bisexual at first. He didn't care. One day I felt really upset because I realized he couldn't like me back. He came up to me and asked what was wrong. Eventually he got me to speak, at which point I broke down in tears. I thought he would either, laugh, make fun of me, or tell other people. He didn't do any of those. Instead he sat down with me and just hugged me. After I stopped crying, he asked me if I was okay. I said yes and he said back, "I kinda figured you had a crush on me.... It's cool." And he smiled. We hugged again and separated, going in to our houses.

Me and this guy are still friends and still hang out today. I don't know if this helps, but I hope it does. I don't know the guy you like but if he's cool then I think you should go for it.

This actually REALLY helps right now, since I've been feeling extremely unsure, scared, anxious, and stressed about going through with it. emotion_0A0
I really appreciate it! I just hope I can maybe turn a conversation towards the subject without being completely obvious... >_>  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:42 pm
Quote:
This actually REALLY helps right now, since I've been feeling extremely unsure, scared, anxious, and stressed about going through with it. emotion_0A0
I really appreciate it! I just hope I can maybe turn a conversation towards the subject without being completely obvious... >_>

Yeah it was wierd for me to bring it up too. Eventually you're able to pull yourself together and say it.  

LesserDog

Savage Sex Symbol

8,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200

Sintheimp

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:26 pm
Veneficus Monstrum
So here's the thing: I really like this guy in this taiko drum group I'm in. I tried for a while to convince myself that I didn't (since I'm pretty sure he's straight), but obviously that didn't exactly work. Now I'm just not sure what I should do. Should I just gut up and tell him how I feel (I don't think he'd be the type to freak out and hate me), or should I just keep quiet about it (he'll be graduating by this semester)?

Go head and tell him, he is leaving anyways so what does it matter. But what if he is gay and likes u to...then what???  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games