Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Deck Database
[Deck/Adv] E-Hero Gang Bang !?! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Space Toad -B

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:09 pm
Realistically, no, I don't expect everyone to afford these things. I can't.

However, thinking realistically from a different view, how many of these decks that you're posting do you actually expect to exceed beyond that of an idea and succeed at this current point in time?

Your resources dictate what you can and cannot make, but it doesn't dictate what you can come up with. If you have an idea for this deck, then take it as far as you can go with your mind, not with your pocket.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:12 pm
The_Wicked_Zaku
Liliana is where its at anyways..

Go Black!!

XD

I heard she's getting a reprint in Innistrid Block  

Pheso

Dapper Capitalist

5,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200

Pheso

Dapper Capitalist

5,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:17 pm
Mustard Like Soup

However, thinking realistically from a different view, how many of these decks that you're posting do you actually expect to exceed beyond that of an idea and succeed at this current point in time?

Your resources dictate what you can and cannot make, but it doesn't dictate what you can come up with. If you have an idea for this deck, then take it as far as you can go with your mind, not with your pocket.

While you speak the truth that it is best to take it as far as you can in your mind, you must also be realistic.

Back when DAD was 80-120 a pop (and unlimited), nobody was going to realistically put it into their deck unless they were seeing some serious competition action.

In this case, it's Solemn Warning and Pot of...whatever.

It is better he list the alternatives he will use so he has a better idea of how his final product will work.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:27 pm
Pheso
Mustard Like Soup

While you speak the truth that it is best to take it as far as you can in your mind, you must also be realistic.

Back when DAD was 80-120 a pop (and unlimited), nobody was going to realistically put it into their deck unless they were seeing some serious competition action.

It is better he list the alternatives he will use so he has a better idea of how his final product will work.

No, it's better that he/she makes a deck that's the best it can be with the theme. Who ever said that online dueling against people can't be as fulfilling as dueling IRL. It's easy to build a viable deck with any cards virtually, and it's more than likely better because it goes with an internet bill for THOUSANDS of cards to use.

To not see anything with good cards as "realistic" prevents you from being better at dueling, because you're limiting yourself.

Even if you wanted to get cards that are valuable, have you ever heard of reprints? Often new and valuable cards that work well in anything get more common variants to use later. It's happened with reborn, dark hole, avarice, mirror force, magic cylinder, and plenty of others. Even if you construct a deck with BIG expensive items, plenty will probably be reprinted.

Just make something that's good and don't worry so much about the price of the cards in it.  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200

Space Toad -B

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:28 pm
Pheso
I already established I was. Alternatives do exist aside from the physical CCG.

Pheso

That's your frame of mind, not the world's. There were people who did so. In this matter of time, Pot of Duality can easily compared and easily substituted. Solemn Warning, however, dictates today's fields. There is no substitute.

Pheso
It's better yet to have his final product, void of budget. Giving the ideal list is the best starting point for any literal construction, and alternatives are more easily thought out in a comparative view.

However, if you're going to think about what it can be by what you have now, you're stuck with it, and there is no help that can be given to you. There is no opportunity to advance.

You're basically expecting to go somewhere by standing in place. I'm not going to contribute to such a dull experience.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:03 pm
i currently have 3 decks built. a hero deck, zombie deck, and water deck. each deck designed to beat certain strategies.  

NOS deHollow

The_Wicked_Zaku

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:35 pm
id like to point out that i play things i like and want to play..

not decks that EVERYONE wants to or is running...
im not going to any regionals or anything of that nature..

im a player just as is everyone else..
i was just wanting advice..

i appreciate it..  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:58 pm
The_Wicked_Zaku
id like to point out that i play things i like and want to play..
There isn't advice I can give you for that.

There's only advice for how I would want to do it. I enjoy creating works that can semi-compete at a Regional, or higher events. HEROs are one of the simplest to build in order to do so.

If how you want it is what you want, then you already have your build. My services aren't required.  

Space Toad -B

The_Wicked_Zaku

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:54 am
The decks i make contain my style while at the same time i have to upgrade with newer sets to keep them alive..

if i built decks i liked for real... id ignore the banlist completly..
but i enjoy plating up to par with other duelists...

i might not be able to get the good cards i really need for upgrades..
but i can get other opinions to help with their construction.
by getting these opinions i can further better my deck's.
if you cant give any advice then why bother replying? you keep telling me about how you cant help.If thats so then stop posting..

i was only asking for some friendly advice,guess thats not welcome...  
Deck Database

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff