Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Amburr Bryte

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:20 am
Does anyone like the new change?

What do you think about it?
I wanna know what others think.  
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:31 am
Basically, I like it. The top menu sort of looks like tumblr.com's menu. Though messages and Deviations would be best separated.

I HATE how the ads just block the art though D: And they took away the viewing options. I used to use full view when browsing.  

emeraldocean_von_siraine

Codebreaking Flatterer

7,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Kamahi
Captain

Questionable Explorer

8,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:11 am
I don't like it personally. gonk

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:45 pm
I like it mrgreen  

x-G r e e k n e s s-x

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100

Cassidy Peterson

Garbage

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:57 pm
It's going to take some time to get used to. I'm not thrilled, oh no, but I don't think it's the insult some people seem to think it is.

I just wish when viewing separate stacks I could go right from the deviation back to the stack it came from again.  
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:14 pm
I don't find it the greatest  

cheshire_caitt13

3,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

scratcheee

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:20 pm
For the most part i like it, it looks very clean and modern and i like that about it, and so far i have only found the search bar change to be stupid and pointless. as for bugs go, as with any change to any website there is going to be bugs, because of the fact that there are just to many different system setups that make it impossible to make sure everything is right and bug free at the release, and most of the bugs should be fixed within just a couple of weeks, its just most people don't realize that bugs take time to properly fix. and there is the fact that on ANY website, whenever there is a change there will always be hatred to the new changes, because for some reason people on the internet dont like change and dont give the new setup time to really see what it is like. i say just give it some time and actually TRY to get used to the new setup BEFORE flaming the admins and people who actually like the site, because lets face it, threatening to leave a website with MILLIONS of users is not going to change anything.  
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:54 pm
Truthfully I dislike it. I mean, it's not BAD but it'll take time to get used to. biggrin  

xXxSeiza-chanxXx

luver_4ever

1,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:33 pm
I think it's alright. The stack thing still annoys me at times, but I'm getting use to it. I don't like how it updates every 30 seconds. There are times that I wish it went back to the style I originally got back in 2006. That would be very helpful.  
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 3:22 am
I like it. There are still a few bugs around, but I'm sure they'll be fixed soon.

And I still really like the stacks option - it makes watching groups manageable. smile  

Sairalinde Telemnar

Star Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Medalist 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Tambergal

Blessed Elder

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 5:42 am
It's something that i can get used to, but my only problem with it is that now it does take my computer longer to load the pages and there is also how they've changed it for when viewing deviations, it can be quite irritating just trying to view the picture and they've added on those toolbars that can be unnusual... The stacks can sometimes be annoying, especially when going through comments, I wish that DA had a permanent option for how you want the stacks to be done.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:29 pm
I like certain parts about it but I also dislike things. I like the profile layouts, very nice and I love that we can actually move things around now. But I don't like the new layout for viewing deviations. I liked it better the way it was before there, no changes needed.

Lady of the Lava

Katsody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

9,750 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:20 pm
It's a bit more aesthetically pleasing in every department but the deviations, in my opinion. Especially where literature is concerned (my main field). It's incredibly unfriendly to longer literature pieces, and I just don't like the new way they present deviations on the whole. I think the upgrade could use a little work, and it'll definitely take some time getting used to. For now, though, I think I'll focus on uploading my work elsewhere.

{::The Official DeviantArt Guild::}

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games