Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
Yugioh RL: This Game Just got Real

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Mighty Q

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:19 pm
I little film project that I'm starting.
Basically it's a sort of Yugioh live action except without the anime. Like there will be anime concepts but there won't be all the crazy anime action. So the summary is everyone knows about the anime and all that. One kid wishes for shadow games to become real. After that rumors of real shadow games are popping up in local papers. The shadow games our created by dark spirits who possess someone and morph their deck by it's will. With these dark spirits coming comes a strength spirit or light spirit and this hops into the body of our main character. It allows our main character to see who is possessed by dark spirits.
Still working out everything. I'm getting my crew together for this. It's gonna be super special awesome.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:22 pm
That sounds awsome  

Dona Amora de Crema

Shy Gawker

8,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Consumer 100

The Mighty Q

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:42 pm
pkmaster13
That sounds awsome
I think this might actually be good because most live action things are just basically killing the anime and making a whole new story. This is keeping yugioh where it is and then this will just basically count as a live action spin off. Where some kid wished for shadow games and now they exist.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:43 am
Do me a favor and make sure the script doesn't suck and you're not over/underacting. So long as it's at LEAST well written and well acted out, special effects won't be as necessary.

Remember. If it's not meant to be funny, act it out as if you were yourselves. Don't bother with any stupidly fake voices. If it IS meant to be funny, actually have it be funny and not just looking like a bunch of idiots screwing around on-screen.

With all that in mind, best of luck to you sir!  

Legendary Pirate Plasma

2,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100

Exotahu

Adorable Lunatic

16,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:26 am
Have fun with it.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:01 pm
Hakuro de Killer
Do me a favor and make sure the script doesn't suck and you're not over/underacting. So long as it's at LEAST well written and well acted out, special effects won't be as necessary.

Remember. If it's not meant to be funny, act it out as if you were yourselves. Don't bother with any stupidly fake voices. If it IS meant to be funny, actually have it be funny and not just looking like a bunch of idiots screwing around on-screen.

With all that in mind, best of luck to you sir!
Script is improvised. Basically I'm just gonna direct them with what I want to happen and they come up with whatever they want to say in order to make it happen. Serious scenes will be serious and funny scenes will be mediocre.  

The Mighty Q

The Mighty Q

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:01 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB4QRymNPA4

PREVIEW IS DONE well half assed preview  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:24 pm
Cool I admire your initiative.
Your title of this thread reminds me of Hot Fuzz...or bad Boys 2  

Burakku_Kitsune

5,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200

Kaazar Argon Hymer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:43 pm
I really look forward to watching this. It seems that it will be great if it is made the way you said.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:25 pm
NOTE TO EVERYONE! DON'T GET YOUR HOPES TOO HIGH UP! IT IS AMATEUR SO PLEASE DON'T HATE! JUST CONSTRUCTIVELY CRITICIZE!  

The Mighty Q

The Ultimate Hero

6,625 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:29 pm
Don't make stupid puns like the dub.  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 10:09 am
The Ultimate Hero

THIS.

Also, after watching the teaser. . . Might be a good idea to not go with that for a theme song. Brings up bad 4Kids memories and could force lots of people to... 'change the station' as it were. Try for something less rap/R&B-oriented.

Another thing that might be good for the intro that is often in most of the Yugioh intros, both 4Kids version AND the original Japanese version, is to have the main characters show their 'ace monsters' along with the 'ace monster' of at LEAST the main antagonist. This could be portrayed merely by holding the card facing the camera near the person's face.  

Legendary Pirate Plasma

2,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100

The Mighty Q

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:57 pm
Hakuro de Killer
The Ultimate Hero

THIS.

Also, after watching the teaser. . . Might be a good idea to not go with that for a theme song. Brings up bad 4Kids memories and could force lots of people to... 'change the station' as it were. Try for something less rap/R&B-oriented.

Another thing that might be good for the intro that is often in most of the Yugioh intros, both 4Kids version AND the original Japanese version, is to have the main characters show their 'ace monsters' along with the 'ace monster' of at LEAST the main antagonist. This could be portrayed merely by holding the card facing the camera near the person's face.
Don't try to compare this to the anime at all. That's what I'm trying to get at. If you expect the anime you're going to see fail. It's not made to be professional either. It's supposed to basically just being made to show how to make live action the right way without destroying the original anime.  
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 4:41 pm
You don't want us to compare this series of yours to the anime, but you're trying to make a live action series without destroying the anime. That seems to me like you're contradicting yourself.

If you're going to make a live-action series based off an anime, use traits from that anime to make your series. With that in mind, what Hakuro said makes sense.

Also, a common trait among original Youtube Series's is an original and sometimes not-heard-all-that-much song to use as a song title. This may be amateur but if you want a steady audience then you have to think some of these things through.  

brotherofAnubus

Dangerous Survivor

The Mighty Q

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 9:50 pm
brotherofAnubus
You don't want us to compare this series of yours to the anime, but you're trying to make a live action series without destroying the anime. That seems to me like you're contradicting yourself.

If you're going to make a live-action series based off an anime, use traits from that anime to make your series. With that in mind, what Hakuro said makes sense.

Also, a common trait among original Youtube Series's is an original and sometimes not-heard-all-that-much song to use as a song title. This may be amateur but if you want a steady audience then you have to think some of these things through.
I got an original song. A buddy of mine from newgrounds made it for me.
http://www.musicuploader.org/uploaded.php?file=2875801272827821.mp3
There will be traits, but it's its own story. Like these kids are just a bunch of yugioh fans. They will talk about the show abridged series whatever. They will like have discussions like that throughout the beginning episodes. The similarities will be Shadow Games, Cards, and a spirit inside the main character. These shadow games are cause by the dark spectors that escaped from hell. The spirit is the guardian who could not stop the shadow spectors from escaping and card games cause it's yugioh  
Domino City

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games