Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
New Tools for Anti-Meta Decks Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pheso

Dapper Capitalist

5,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:40 am
Anata wa watashi ga zutto mae ni "sayounara" to yutta hito wo omoidasaseru.

I'm just gonna throw it out there that the only reason that Chaos Sorcerer and BLS-EotB were banned was because of the Yata combo.

Now that Yata is banned, I say that BLS-EotB should become limited while Chaos Sorcerer should become semi-limited.
You remind me of someone I said goodbye to a long time ago.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:05 am
Pheso

Now that Yata is banned, I say that BLS-EotB should become limited while Chaos Sorcerer should become semi-limited.

You still say that despite what those guys said about EotB? EotB should stay in the banned list.

Sorcerer being brought back is not all that far-fetched though.

User Image  

Aurora Sonata

Cute Hero

Pheso

Dapper Capitalist

5,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:03 pm
Hinameki
Pheso

You still say that despite what those guys said about EotB? EotB should stay in the banned list.

Sorcerer being brought back is not all that far-fetched though.

User Image

I tl;dr'd most of it because it seemed to be turning into another stupid argument topic =P

looking back now, yeah that would be a problem...though I still agree that sorcerer would be a pretty nice card to get back.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:50 pm
Elspeth_Knight_Errant
Jevan R. H. Divinitive
Elspeth_Knight_Errant
First you're question was vague. (How many chains can be preformed during Damage Calculation? How is this vague?) And you are wrong good sir, Honest goes off in damage step you noob read the card. (What do you mean I am wrong, when did I say Honest doesn't go off in the Damage Step or did you not realise Damage Calculation is part of the Damage Step?) The only cards that can go off in damage step are flip effects, gorz, and searchers like rat/ufo turtle ect. (Excuse me I thought that ATK/DEF modifiers, cards designating the Damage Step and result of battle and/or damage cards to name a few activate in the Damage Step.)

To your second question since you want to be a p***k, they're are six steps in damage step/calc, 9 if you want to count entering battle phase all with inidivual sub steps. (I only count 7, but you were close.)

Battle Step:
Sub-step 1: Turn player has the priority to activate Spell Speed 2 here. (Example: Turn player can activate Call of the Haunted here).
Sub-step 2: Decide if conducting battle. If you are NOT conducting battle, got to End Step immediately.
Sub-step 3: Select and announce 1 monster to attack with, and declare 1 of your opponent's monsters your target (the monster you wish to attack).
Attack Response Chain. Turn player has the priority to respond with any appropriate Spell Speed 2 or 3 effect here. (This is the only chain in which cards like Mirror Force, Sakuretsu Armor, Magician's Circle, and Magic Cylinder can be activated.)
After the chain is completed, the Turn Player has Priority to activate any appropriate Spell Speed 2 effect or suggest a move to the Damage Step. The opponent can also activate appropriate Spell Speed 2 effects or agree to proceed to the Damage Step. (Example cards are: Book of Moon, Enemy Controller, Waboku, etc...Cards that do not have any specific activation timing.) This part can be repeated multiple times before moving into the Damage Step, but only if a player can activate appropriate cards or effects.
The Battle Step does not end until both players agree to move into the Damage Step.
Damage Step:**1
Sub-step 1: Some Trigger-Effect will activate and resolve now.
(Examples are "Sasuke Samurai", "Paladin of White Dragon", "Mystic Swordsman LV2", and "Mystic Swordsman LV 4"). (Correct but missing certain continuous and quick effects and cards that modify ATK/DEF.)
Sub-step 2: Flip target card face-up if face down.
Continuous Effect monster that was flipped are now Active (Examples are "Jinzo", and Goblin King). However, Continuous Effect that involves destroying monster(s) will not resolve until Sub-step 5.
Trigger Effect that activates during Damage Step activates and resolves now. (Examples are "Reflect Bounder", if attacked while in Attack Position, inflicts damage to the opponent now).
"Cross Counter" can be activated here. (Not too bad, but all continuous effects of Monsters flipped face-up activate imediately, it is Flip Effects that resolve in sub-step 6. Also you've mixed in an extra sub-step here. Sub-step 3, Before Damage Calculation is here and this is where effects such as Reflect Bounder activate. Also once again ATK/DEF modifiers.)
Sub-step 3: Damage Calculation part 1: Calculate damage.
Turn player has the priority to respond with Spell Speed 2 here.
The following effects can be activated, form a chain, and
resolve now:
Spell Speed 2 that modifies ATK or DEF stat. (Examples are "Rush Recklessly", "Limiter Removal", Mirror Wall", "Micro Ray").
Effects that negate the activation of a card can be used in response. (Examples are Counter Trap Cards, and monster effects like "Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV8" and "Maryokutai").
Monster effects that can be activated during the Damage Step and that modify ATK or DEF. (Examples are "Injection Fairy Lily" and "Sanga of
the Thunder").
"Disc Fighter's" effect Triggers, then after the Chain Block resolves, go immediately to Sub-step 5.
When "Spirit Reaper" is targeted by a card and the card resolves, "Spirit Reaper" will not be destroyed by its own effect until Sub-step 5. (Appart from this is sub-step 4 and that there can only be one chain during all of this it's not bad.)
Sub-step 4: Damage Calculation part 2: Apply damage.
Inflict damage to players' Life Points.
Card effects that activate when a monster inflicts Battle
Damage to a player's Life Points activate, form a chain, and resolve now. (Examples are "Don Zaloog", "Airknight Parshath", and "Robbin' Goblin"). (This is where self-destruct continuou effects activate and resolve aswell such as Spirit Reaper if targeted earlier in the Damage Step.)
Sub-step 5: Resolve effects.
From this point forward, monsters are considered "destroyed". So monsters destroyed by "Dark Ruler Ha Des" cannot activate their effects, destroyed monsters are not eligible for selection by card effects.
Resolve Continuous Effect that involves destroying monster(s).
Activate card effects that do not activate when a monster is sent to the Graveyard and resolve them now. (Examples are all Flip Effects, "Reflect Bounder", if attacked while in Attack Position, destroys itself now, "D. D. Warrior Lady", "Wall of Illusion", and the effects of cards that increase their ATK and DEF. These effects form a chain and then resolve). (Not bad but the time for ATK/DEF modifiers ended after Damage Calculation. This is also where Continuous effects of defeated monsters stop, such as Jinzo. Also this is where the Flip Effects resolve as long as their targets are still valid and no other effects interfere.)
Sub-step 6: Send to the Graveyard.
Send destroyed monsters to the Graveyard.
Activate effects that activate "at the end of the Damage Step" (Such as are "Legendary Jujitsu Master", and "Ryu Kokki"), as well as effects that activate when the monster is sent to the Graveyard (Examples are "Mystic Tomato", "Giant Rat", "Witch of the Black Forest", and "Sangan"). These effects form a chain and then resolve. (Not forgetting other cards such as Spells and Traps that designate this time to activate, such as End of Damange Step or Destroyed by battle, etc.)
Go back to Battle Step.
End Step:
Turn player declares the end of his/her Battle Phase.
Activate effects that activate "at the end of the Battle Phase.
Turn player has the priority to activate Spell Speed 2 here

But since you're a judge I'm pretty sure you knew this or at least I would hope you did.

Third wherever you like most, preferably aim or gaia towns since you want you're pretty little audience. I believe the last time we payed my dark armeds ate you alive? I'm pretty sure you remeber that. I wonder how much You'll enjoy jd getting in there.
Look for the red for big mistakes and the bold are my notes. Everyone should read this as they could learn something. Also Counter Traps can be activated throughout and not all negation effects can, such as Royal Oppression which cannot be activated during the Damage Step.

Damage step is before damage calculation and in theory it's two seperate things. I already answered you're question you chose not to accept it. I may have been wrong saying they're 7 steps in damage calc/step but I was only off by one. You were right about that last bit but they key thing you were asking WHAT CHAINS GO OFF IN DAMAGE CALC NOT STEP.

Sir you're a colossal idiot and like I said what system of messaging are we going to play on? You've yet to respond to me on that.
Damage Calculation is part of the Damage Step, not before or after it. The fact is you are calling me an idiot and yet you are the one who doesn't seem to understand how to play.  

Jevan R. H. Divinitive
Crew

Pheso

Dapper Capitalist

5,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:17 pm

^case and point, Jevan getting trolled...again...

If only this wasn't the best ******** yugioh guild on gaia -_-;;;

edit: you should play over YVD or world championship

that way, the one who loses can shut their little whore mouths about the other possibly cheating.

have fun wink

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:41 pm
Jevan R. H. Divinitive
Elspeth_Knight_Errant
Jevan R. H. Divinitive
Elspeth_Knight_Errant
First you're question was vague. (How many chains can be preformed during Damage Calculation? How is this vague?) And you are wrong good sir, Honest goes off in damage step you noob read the card. (What do you mean I am wrong, when did I say Honest doesn't go off in the Damage Step or did you not realise Damage Calculation is part of the Damage Step?) The only cards that can go off in damage step are flip effects, gorz, and searchers like rat/ufo turtle ect. (Excuse me I thought that ATK/DEF modifiers, cards designating the Damage Step and result of battle and/or damage cards to name a few activate in the Damage Step.)

To your second question since you want to be a p***k, they're are six steps in damage step/calc, 9 if you want to count entering battle phase all with inidivual sub steps. (I only count 7, but you were close.)

Battle Step:
Sub-step 1: Turn player has the priority to activate Spell Speed 2 here. (Example: Turn player can activate Call of the Haunted here).
Sub-step 2: Decide if conducting battle. If you are NOT conducting battle, got to End Step immediately.
Sub-step 3: Select and announce 1 monster to attack with, and declare 1 of your opponent's monsters your target (the monster you wish to attack).
Attack Response Chain. Turn player has the priority to respond with any appropriate Spell Speed 2 or 3 effect here. (This is the only chain in which cards like Mirror Force, Sakuretsu Armor, Magician's Circle, and Magic Cylinder can be activated.)
After the chain is completed, the Turn Player has Priority to activate any appropriate Spell Speed 2 effect or suggest a move to the Damage Step. The opponent can also activate appropriate Spell Speed 2 effects or agree to proceed to the Damage Step. (Example cards are: Book of Moon, Enemy Controller, Waboku, etc...Cards that do not have any specific activation timing.) This part can be repeated multiple times before moving into the Damage Step, but only if a player can activate appropriate cards or effects.
The Battle Step does not end until both players agree to move into the Damage Step.
Damage Step:**1
Sub-step 1: Some Trigger-Effect will activate and resolve now.
(Examples are "Sasuke Samurai", "Paladin of White Dragon", "Mystic Swordsman LV2", and "Mystic Swordsman LV 4"). (Correct but missing certain continuous and quick effects and cards that modify ATK/DEF.)
Sub-step 2: Flip target card face-up if face down.
Continuous Effect monster that was flipped are now Active (Examples are "Jinzo", and Goblin King). However, Continuous Effect that involves destroying monster(s) will not resolve until Sub-step 5.
Trigger Effect that activates during Damage Step activates and resolves now. (Examples are "Reflect Bounder", if attacked while in Attack Position, inflicts damage to the opponent now).
"Cross Counter" can be activated here. (Not too bad, but all continuous effects of Monsters flipped face-up activate imediately, it is Flip Effects that resolve in sub-step 6. Also you've mixed in an extra sub-step here. Sub-step 3, Before Damage Calculation is here and this is where effects such as Reflect Bounder activate. Also once again ATK/DEF modifiers.)
Sub-step 3: Damage Calculation part 1: Calculate damage.
Turn player has the priority to respond with Spell Speed 2 here.
The following effects can be activated, form a chain, and
resolve now:
Spell Speed 2 that modifies ATK or DEF stat. (Examples are "Rush Recklessly", "Limiter Removal", Mirror Wall", "Micro Ray").
Effects that negate the activation of a card can be used in response. (Examples are Counter Trap Cards, and monster effects like "Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV8" and "Maryokutai").
Monster effects that can be activated during the Damage Step and that modify ATK or DEF. (Examples are "Injection Fairy Lily" and "Sanga of
the Thunder").
"Disc Fighter's" effect Triggers, then after the Chain Block resolves, go immediately to Sub-step 5.
When "Spirit Reaper" is targeted by a card and the card resolves, "Spirit Reaper" will not be destroyed by its own effect until Sub-step 5. (Appart from this is sub-step 4 and that there can only be one chain during all of this it's not bad.)
Sub-step 4: Damage Calculation part 2: Apply damage.
Inflict damage to players' Life Points.
Card effects that activate when a monster inflicts Battle
Damage to a player's Life Points activate, form a chain, and resolve now. (Examples are "Don Zaloog", "Airknight Parshath", and "Robbin' Goblin"). (This is where self-destruct continuou effects activate and resolve aswell such as Spirit Reaper if targeted earlier in the Damage Step.)
Sub-step 5: Resolve effects.
From this point forward, monsters are considered "destroyed". So monsters destroyed by "Dark Ruler Ha Des" cannot activate their effects, destroyed monsters are not eligible for selection by card effects.
Resolve Continuous Effect that involves destroying monster(s).
Activate card effects that do not activate when a monster is sent to the Graveyard and resolve them now. (Examples are all Flip Effects, "Reflect Bounder", if attacked while in Attack Position, destroys itself now, "D. D. Warrior Lady", "Wall of Illusion", and the effects of cards that increase their ATK and DEF. These effects form a chain and then resolve). (Not bad but the time for ATK/DEF modifiers ended after Damage Calculation. This is also where Continuous effects of defeated monsters stop, such as Jinzo. Also this is where the Flip Effects resolve as long as their targets are still valid and no other effects interfere.)
Sub-step 6: Send to the Graveyard.
Send destroyed monsters to the Graveyard.
Activate effects that activate "at the end of the Damage Step" (Such as are "Legendary Jujitsu Master", and "Ryu Kokki"), as well as effects that activate when the monster is sent to the Graveyard (Examples are "Mystic Tomato", "Giant Rat", "Witch of the Black Forest", and "Sangan"). These effects form a chain and then resolve. (Not forgetting other cards such as Spells and Traps that designate this time to activate, such as End of Damange Step or Destroyed by battle, etc.)
Go back to Battle Step.
End Step:
Turn player declares the end of his/her Battle Phase.
Activate effects that activate "at the end of the Battle Phase.
Turn player has the priority to activate Spell Speed 2 here

But since you're a judge I'm pretty sure you knew this or at least I would hope you did.

Third wherever you like most, preferably aim or gaia towns since you want you're pretty little audience. I believe the last time we payed my dark armeds ate you alive? I'm pretty sure you remeber that. I wonder how much You'll enjoy jd getting in there.
Look for the red for big mistakes and the bold are my notes. Everyone should read this as they could learn something. Also Counter Traps can be activated throughout and not all negation effects can, such as Royal Oppression which cannot be activated during the Damage Step.

Damage step is before damage calculation and in theory it's two seperate things. I already answered you're question you chose not to accept it. I may have been wrong saying they're 7 steps in damage calc/step but I was only off by one. You were right about that last bit but they key thing you were asking WHAT CHAINS GO OFF IN DAMAGE CALC NOT STEP.

Sir you're a colossal idiot and like I said what system of messaging are we going to play on? You've yet to respond to me on that.
Damage Calculation is part of the Damage Step, not before or after it. The fact is you are calling me an idiot and yet you are the one who doesn't seem to understand how to play.

Calc is a seperate part of step. I don't care how long you've judged I've met idiots who've judged more than they've played. And again what sytem of messaging I'm still waiting sir...oh that's right you're to scared to face me thus you're trying to get around the subject by bsing me with your fake knowledge.  

Aya_Aki_kun

Aya_Aki_kun

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:46 pm
Pheso

I'm just gonna throw it out there that the only reason that Chaos Sorcerer and BLS-EotB were banned was because of the Yata combo.

No it was the end dragon that did the combo. Sorcer and BLS were banned because of their easy special costs and the fact you can simply remove one monster on the field without any costs.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:15 am
BOY I SURE DO LOVE IT WHEN SOMEONE EDITS MY POST MMHM

Anyway, slight update. Graveyard of Superancient Creatures got a little worse with the best tuners (Zombie and Tele) and DAD restricted, but so much is just kold to it that you almost don't even care. Too bad Lightsworn is still so nuts.

CC Drago got Chaos Sorcerer to hit. 1900 dork > 2300 removal machine?

Mind Crush did get reduced, and it's almost the only solution to Honest. Why aren't you running both yet? And your Dust?  

Kuan Hsing

Domino City

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces