Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
Yusei can see dead people (Spoiler discussion)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jevan R. H. Divinitive
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:06 pm
Well I have to say Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's is brilliant and I have definately grown to like it as much as the original Yu-Gi-Oh! (I am not talking about the 4Kids version which should simply be set on fire along with the entire staff of 4Kids and the people from Konami that thought 4Kids was good.) We have the mystery of the 5th Signer and Godwin's arm in a jar. There are the dark signers who are all undead. There is the D-Wheels which add to the duels by making them more mobile just like the Duel Disks did to the Duel Arena's and the Duel Arena's did to the tables (See the manga). There's also the question wether Rua's Machine Synchro is actually the 5th Dragon.

Now what are you're thoughts on this spectacular new series and all the mysteries that dwell within it. Such as, what on earth will 4Kids do about the dead people? It's going to be a bit tricky erasing the entire falling from a skyscraper scene.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:49 pm
Yeah... Although I HAVE seen that far ahead (Carly... <3!), that header is not very subtle...  

Matt Blue

Synaku_Blade

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:34 pm
I have a feeling 4kids wasn't aware of how dark the show was going to dwell in terms of continuity, they just jumped at the thought of "DUELS ON MOTORBIKES!!!!" I have a feeling they might just mysteriously "Cancel" the second season, and start dubbing again when the Dark Signer saga is over. That, or they might just say the Dark Signers are Duelists who have gone to the Dark Side of the Yu-Gi-Oh! force, and Carly will simply just fall onto a mosh pit of Sith instead of to her doom...but I digress.

As far as 5d's is concerned though, I have never been so hooked on a Yu-Gi-Oh! series. It is an engrossing, and compelling story full of heart, twists and turns, and, of course, children's card games XD.

The 5th dragon is bugging me! And as a Duelist who mainly runs Dragon Decks, I want to know what this fifth Synchro is and how it will fit into my strategies. If it in fact Power Tool Dragon...THEN I WILL USE D-TRIBE! I have a feeling it will be an EARTH-Attribute monster, as we already have WIND, DARK, FIRE and LIGHT, and from Ruca's vision we can plainly see an Orange Dragon (which is how she got it confused with PTD), and that's hard to pass off as a WATER-Attribute.

But now...we wait.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:43 pm
It wasn't Lua who had the vision it was Luca. That's the only thing I wanted to point out....  

The Mighty Q

Synaku_Blade

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:57 pm
This is true, I always get the two of them confused...  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:11 pm
One of the only good things that came out of 4kids was their new names (Luna and Leo) At least now we can tell them apart.  

Saniichi

Matt Blue

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:29 am
Honestly, the only reason I prefer Yugioh Duel Monsters to 5D's is because, really, none of the main characters in 5D's are really very deep. They seem to spend a lot of time creating sympathetic antagonists, but really, the protagonists leave something to be desired, in my opinion.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:57 am
Just to see how this thread progresses I'm going to point out something I've been thinking about.

Everybody assumes that the arm of the Fifth Signer is Godwin's and is in a jar somewhere. I can agree how everyone got that but if you think about it we never really see if the arm is floating in a jar or if the Signer just stuck his arm in there. I mean we never really see the entire arm, amputated or not, we just see the section of the arm (and hand) that the animators want us to see.  

brotherofAnubus

Dangerous Survivor

Mr_dragon

1,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:35 pm
Maybe someone else is wearing that arm now(Mwuahahahahaha)and also Luca said that she just told him that so he'd stop bugging her.  
Domino City

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games