Welcome to Gaia! ::

POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying guild focused on fun and entertainment! We try to keep our members in mind in everything we do! 

Tags: Pokemon, Roleplay, RPing, Gaming, Revolution 

Reply POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ
Gym Battle Requests & Approval Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:28 pm
Loonamist
Shadow - Dragon
Loonamist
You would have to do whtat whether they were in several posts or one... it actually saves time to have them all in one, so you only have to go to one window to edit it. If you want to edit them, battle by battle, and have us confirm them as you go, that's fine, but if you do it in separate posts it A) spams the threads, B ) makes it harder to follow because we have to scroll back and forth between posts to review the battle summary and check the math, C ) risks people posting between those posts, which is very interruptive to the battle, and scatters the focus.

Battle 1
Mega Houndoom Vs. Mawile

Turn 1
Mega Houndoom (710 HP) uses Inferno

Base Attack - 100
Level Attack Bonus - 60
100 + 60 = 160
Positive/Negative Attack Stat Changes - N/A
Weather Attack Boosts/Debuffs - N/A
Ability Attack Boost - N/A
Held Item Attack Boost - Megastone, 1.3
160 x 1.3 = 208
Effectiveness - x 2
208 x 2 = 416
Opponent Level Defense Bonus - 40
416 - 40 = 376
Opponent Positive/Negative Defense Stat Changes - NA
-376HP from first Inferno attack.

Mawile (227 HP) uses play rough - 90

Base Attack - 90
Level Attack Bonus - 40
90 + 40 = 130
Held Item Attack Boost - N/A
Opponent Level Defense Bonus - 60
130 - 60 = 70
- 70 HP

Turn 1 results
Houndoom - 640 HP
Mawile - 204 HP

Turn 2

Base Attack - 100
Level Attack Bonus - 60
100 + 60 = 160
160 x 1.3 = 208
Effectiveness - x 2
208 x 2 = 416
416 - 40 = 376
Mawile has fainted

Turn 2 results
Houndoom - 640 HP
Mawile - 0 HP

I'm going to be honest, this isn't fun. I'm glad you were able to help me get all the badges in a region but I'm not doing it again. Part of me wanted to get them all for the achievements but it's not worth it.

Looks good! I'm sorry you're not having fun with it, but we can't really change the battle system right now. We just had a poll and te majority voted for the current system, but if it's any consolation, we will likely continue to check in with people, and do another poll in a few months as people use the battle system more and more.

May I back out of the battle then? To continue to make these posts for the rest of the gym I feel like it would just drag me down. I don't understand what you mean when you say using only one window because I have four documents up and two internet pages devoted to each round. Serebii for my Pokemon and Valerie's then if I have to a page for the RGN and dice roll.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:36 pm
Shadow - Dragon
Loonamist
Shadow - Dragon
Loonamist
You would have to do whtat whether they were in several posts or one... it actually saves time to have them all in one, so you only have to go to one window to edit it. If you want to edit them, battle by battle, and have us confirm them as you go, that's fine, but if you do it in separate posts it A) spams the threads, B ) makes it harder to follow because we have to scroll back and forth between posts to review the battle summary and check the math, C ) risks people posting between those posts, which is very interruptive to the battle, and scatters the focus.

Battle 1
Mega Houndoom Vs. Mawile

Turn 1

Base Attack - 100
Level Attack Bonus - 60
100 + 60 = 160
160 x 1.3 = 208
Effectiveness - x 2
208 x 2 = 416
416 - 40 = 376

Mawile (227 HP) uses play rough - 90

Base Attack - 90
Level Attack Bonus - 40
90 + 40 = 130
Held Item Attack Boost - N/A
Opponent Level Defense Bonus - 60
130 - 60 = 70
- 70 HP

Turn 1 results
Houndoom - 640 HP
Mawile - 204 HP

Turn 2

Base Attack - 100
Level Attack Bonus - 60
100 + 60 = 160
160 x 1.3 = 208
Effectiveness - x 2
208 x 2 = 416
416 - 40 = 376
Mawile has fainted

Turn 2 results
Houndoom - 640 HP
Mawile - 0 HP

I'm going to be honest, this isn't fun. I'm glad you were able to help me get all the badges in a region but I'm not doing it again. Part of me wanted to get them all for the achievements but it's not worth it.

Looks good! I'm sorry you're not having fun with it, but we can't really change the battle system right now. We just had a poll and te majority voted for the current system, but if it's any consolation, we will likely continue to check in with people, and do another poll in a few months as people use the battle system more and more.

May I back out of the battle then? To continue to make these posts for the rest of the gym I feel like it would just drag me down. I don't understand what you mean when you say using only one window because I have four documents up and two internet pages devoted to each round. Serebii for my Pokemon and Valerie's then if I have to a page for the RGN and dice roll.

I was referring to the one window to edit. Otherwise you'd have to have a window open for each round, too, instead of being able to edit ech post...

But yes, you may back out. I'm sorry about all the frustration.  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:42 pm
Loonamist

Thank you  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:47 pm

Loonamist

SpectralEternity

Vigilia

Cannibalistic-Insanity

Quotin’ ‘cause I’ma supposed too.

Sebastian is challenging Falkner in the Violet City grm like the scrub he is. First gym battle ever so READY TO FLAIL. biggrin

Razpitan

Tactical Target

29,200 Points
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Ghost Hunter 250
  • OTP 200

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:48 pm
Razpitan

Loonamist

SpectralEternity

Vigilia

Cannibalistic-Insanity

Quotin’ ‘cause I’ma supposed too.

Sebastian is challenging Falkner in the Violet City grm like the scrub he is. First gym battle ever so READY TO FLAIL. biggrin

I GOT DIS GUYS O UO  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:47 am

Loonamist

SpectralEternity

Vigilia

Would anyone be willing to do my gym battle while i do wolk's gym battle emotion_awesome
Sonoko is going to be taking on Falkner the Violet city gym leader.  

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

SpectralEternity
Crew

Angelic Guardian

43,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:34 am
Cannibalistic-Insanity

Loonamist

SpectralEternity

Vigilia

Would anyone be willing to do my gym battle while i do wolk's gym battle emotion_awesome
Sonoko is going to be taking on Falkner the Violet city gym leader.

lol sure Ohm, I can play Falkner for ya  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:54 am

Loonamist

SpectralEternity

Vigilia

Cannibalistic-Insanity

Sebastian is looking to challenge Viola, in the Santalune gym, plx and thank you! :3

Razpitan

Tactical Target

29,200 Points
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Ghost Hunter 250
  • OTP 200

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:00 am
Razpitan

Loonamist

SpectralEternity

Vigilia

Cannibalistic-Insanity

Sebastian is looking to challenge Viola, in the Santalune gym, plx and thank you! :3

Igotdis! -flees to Santalune-  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:23 pm

Loonamist

SpectralEternity

Vigilia

Cannibalistic-Insanity

-smacks head against the floor- Took so long...

Sebastian's challenging Grant in Cyllage. No rush from anyone. I'm having crazy dog issues.

Razpitan

Tactical Target

29,200 Points
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Ghost Hunter 250
  • OTP 200

CLCyrus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:08 pm
Mitsu is challenging Brock in Pewter City! I don't care who takes this, but I'd appreciate it if Brock at least recalled the name of Mitsu's tribe. He doesn't have to know a lot of details, but I imagine gym leaders would be somewhat knowledgeable about the Umkhaya Wedwa. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:33 pm
CLCyrus
Mitsu is challenging Brock in Pewter City! I don't care who takes this, but I'd appreciate it if Brock at least recalled the name of Mitsu's tribe. He doesn't have to know a lot of details, but I imagine gym leaders would be somewhat knowledgeable about the Umkhaya Wedwa. sweatdrop
Ill do what i can but not promises. Can you give me some details such as do they travel from region to region / city to city ? Would they have ever stopped in Pewter city before and for what reasons / how long ago.  

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

immortal reinhardt

Fortunate Abductee

4,550 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • The Key to Victory 50
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:57 pm
Cannibalistic-Insanity
CLCyrus
Ill do what i can but not promises. Can you give me some details such as do they travel from region to region / city to city ? Would they have ever stopped in Pewter city before and for what reasons / how long ago.

Information on Cain's character's tribe in Mitsu's profile thread....  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:22 pm
SD Paul Prospero
Cannibalistic-Insanity
CLCyrus

Information on Cain's character's tribe in Mitsu's profile thread....

Unfortunately a lot of us are really busy - Tano is moving, I'm trying to get all my school work done, preparing for a job, and an internship, Spectral and Vigilia also have school - so we don't have a lot of time to try and go through all the information and try and discern what would be common knowledge. I think Tano was looking for the basics, so he could get started on a post in between everything else he's doing, and try and catch up on the reading as the battle progresses.

Unfortunately his internet has become sort of uncertain, so I'm taking over, and I'm trying to read now, but just some general ideas of what would be known would also help get a reply out, since that knowledge is requested to be known for the initial introductions.

I think that was all Tano was asking for, really, so that there wouldn't be too much of a hold up while he tried to find the appropriate info.  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

CLCyrus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:34 pm
Loonamist
Unfortunately a lot of us are really busy - Tano is moving, I'm trying to get all my school work done, preparing for a job, and an internship, Spectral and Vigilia also have school - so we don't have a lot of time to try and go through all the information and try and discern what would be common knowledge. I think Tano was looking for the basics, so he could get started on a post in between everything else he's doing, and try and catch up on the reading as the battle progresses.

Unfortunately his internet has become sort of uncertain, so I'm taking over, and I'm trying to read now, but just some general ideas of what would be known would also help get a reply out, since that knowledge is requested to be known for the initial introductions.

I think that was all Tano was asking for, really, so that there wouldn't be too much of a hold up while he tried to find the appropriate info.

All Brock should be aware of, since he doesn't seem like the kind of person to worry about politics, is that the Umkhaya Wedwa are an individual normadic nation of sorts that are mostly mysterious to those outside a select few.

No, they've never settled in Pewter City, but they have settled near the city a few times. Which could lead to some of Brock's knowledge, I guess.

Sorry about that. A "session error" popped up with Chris and he was not typing all this out again.  
POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff