Welcome to Gaia! ::

D-T3CH :: HyTech . Basement . C*cktail

Back to Guilds

Joint Guild for Hybrid Technica, The Basement, and C*cktail 

Tags: hytech, hyte, basement, hexes, cocktail 

Reply HyTech: HYTE Directory | Certificate Threads/RP Journals
Noelani [G.Retriever/T.Angora] - Kuuro Kitten Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kuuro Kitten

8,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:13 pm
<<< stupid drunk :: noe & hunter >>>
o9 November 2009

*compiling

Noelani on the other hand had been sleeping in. It was fun to be able to just relax and not have to worry about her guardian nagging her for this or that. Even Carberry could grate on one's nerves with her super cuteness. Sighing she rolled over again staring at the ceiling a few times before the click of a glass caught her attention. Was someone still in the house... Jumping up she was hoping it was Seth but as soon as she saw the raccoon on the couch her she blew out her bated breath. "Oh just you." She muttered hopping over the back of the couch to flop on the cushion.

Eying the raccoon for a moment she giggled noting the drinking that was taking place. Without asking she snatched one of the beers next to him and opened it taking a long drink before flopping back. Though she kicked up her feet laying them across Hunter's lap. "So we should probably clear the air ya know..." Looking down her body toward him she quirked a brow. "I kinda liked it when you were like an unofficial bodyguard. You really don't have to like me cause I don't really like you but its fun. Besides I miss my sparring partner." Taking another drink she let the room grow silent deciding to let him respond or not.

Hunter gave a grunt as Noelani appeared and plopped her feet in his lap, helping herself to his alcohol. Darn it. He’d he could drink in privacy. Oh well. “Clear the air? I didn’t realize there was anything wrong.” Was his smooth ‘I’m innocent of all crimes’ answer. He finished off the drink in his hand and leaned forward to deposit the empty glass on the table, before sitting back again with a newly captured bottle of vodka. “Oh, you mean when I kissed you? I already apologized about that.” He fell silent for a while and then tweaked her foot playfully. “I do like you and I need you to spar with, lately I’ve been forced to spend my training time with a depressed horse.”

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:17 pm
<<< IM RP >>>
10 November 2009

(continued from the conversation on Pg. 2743-2744.)

*the two of them arrive home a short while later*

Seth: So what exactly happened?

Noe: *sighs and heads to their room tiredly* I failed my final run... got pinned by the damn fugitive. *groans*

Seth: *frowns and follows after* Pinned? That's rather difficult to believe. no needles on you?

Noe: I can't have my needles all the time. It was a closely monitored field run. I could only have what was provided and somehow I got nervous and allowed that guy to pin me down...

Seth: I see. *contemplates for a moment* Would it... help if we practiced together perhaps? Testing out different scenarios and such. *wants to help somehow*

Noe: *flops on the bed* I don't know... I guess it couldn't hurt. *buries face in pillow*

Seth: *watches for a few seconds before silently approaching the bed. Pounces without warning*

Noe: Ack! Seeeth!

Seth: *smirks ever so slightly* I don't think that will work very well. *places arms on either side of her* How're ya gunna get out?

Noe: *Sighs not really into it and turns her head to the side sadly* I can't.

Seth: *growls slightly* Come on, Noe, I know you're more crafty than that. Think.

Noe: *Doesn't care* I can't!

Seth: *tail flicks too and fro behind him as he presses in closer* Assuming that your target is male, what is their main weakness, Noe?

Noe: Huh? *is half in a daze* I .. don't know.

Seth: I'll give you a hint then. *nips her ear lightly before whispering into it* This weakness is not an issue for Kaede.

Noe: Huh? *blushes a little* Uh... oh! Ohhh! But I can't do that to you! *protests and struggles to sit up*

Seth: No, I would rather you not, though be sure to keep it in mind for the future. *doesn't budge* Now pretend your assailant does not have that issue. Then what?

Noe: *thinks real hard but isn't pulling anything to mind, feeling useless* I'm not sure...

Seth: *faint smile* What did they teach in that class exactly? *chuckles and nips her ear lightly* The eyes, my love. Regardless of gender, the eyes are always vulnerable.

Noe: *is unable to be serious when he's calls her that* Yeah... I know but... *pouts*

Seth: But?

Noe: But... ? Um... can you please get off. *is blushing too much.* I can't think straight.

Seth: And? Force yourself to do it now then, for the heat of the moment is always that much harder. *slowly trails kisses down her jawline*

Noe: *Does struggle to get lose but is frozen by the kisses* B-but Seth I don't think they'd ... do things like this to me... *is surprisingly naive about the bounty hunter business*

Seth: *pauses, his expression not very pleased* You might be surprised what some men will do. *sighs but finally relents and sits up* You have to be ready for anything, Noe. There are plenty of twisted minds out there.

Noe: *Blinks and sits up* Well I know there's some dangers involved but they'll be fleeing from me trying to get away. Why would they stick around? *curious about the look she just got and sticks her face right up in front of his looking sternly* What is it?

Seth: True, most might flee, but... *looks serious* Noe, you may be a fierce fighter, but you are also a remarkable gorgeous woman. Some men might try to take advantage of that if given the opportunity. Don't give them that chance.

Noe: *Sits back on the bed* I won't let them. I'll train hard so it doesn't happen but... what do I do if I can't defend myself. I found out today that I get super nervous in action. When I'm training I don't feel that at all!

Seth: *frowns slightly* Then do whatever you can to defend yourself, even if nervous. Kick, claw, bite, poke eyes out, whatever it takes.

Noe: *Looks to Seth seriously wondering what has him upset but heeds his words* I will do everything I can. *nuzzles up next to him*

Seth: *holds her close, purring quietly* ... So, when is the next test?

Noe: I have a couple of weeks to review and prepare. I'll be going with a new class, only a few of us failed so we have to wait. *feels a bit put off by the word*

Seth: Ah. Well, that'll at least give us more time to prepare then. *nuzzles Noe affectionately*

Noe: *purrs softly*

Seth: *sits quietly like this with Noe for a few minutes, enjoying the closeness. After a small while, he asks* Would you like some pan?

Noe: *nods* Sure! Do we have some milk? Or did that rodent drink it all? >.>

Seth: *smiles* No, I believe that we still have some. *gives her a light kiss before getting up to go get the food* And if he has then I could always make a trip to the grocery store.

Noe: No need. We can make do with what we have for now. *stretches* I'm gonna take a shower.. *Goes to do that while he gets the food*

Seth: Alright then. *pads over to the kitchen to get the food and drink. Comes back into the room a few minutes later with a tray and waits patiently while Noe showers, munching lightly on a jerky strip*

Noe: *Returns after a while nice and clean with a tee shirt on and her hair wrapped in a towel* Ohh... pan! *pounces* Thanks Seth!

Seth: *chuckles* You're welcome. *cheeks turn just the slightest bit pink as he realizes that she's only wearing a t-shirt, and he tries not to look too much*

Noe: You really like that jerky stuff. I remember they fed that too you a lot as a kitten. *Notices the pinking* Hm? What's wrong... *moves closer*

Seth: I'm just fond of meat in general really, um- *blushes a little bit more as she gets closer* Nothing's wrong. More pan?

Noe: *pokes his nose* Then why are you all pink? *Smiles and takes the pan, noming happily* You sure you're okay? *Still watching him closely as she tilted her head and flicks an ear*

Seth: *chuckles slightly* Yes, I am fine. After all, pink is my natural state of being around you most times. *must not look, must not look, must not look...*

Noe: Natural... *somewhat confused* What are you talking about? Why are you blushing so much? *Hasn't taken stalk of her state of near undress* Seeeth! *Is now face to face.* Hah! Somethings got you blushing like this... what is it! *Licks his nose* ^__^

Seth: *red by this point* Noe, um, you're in a t-shirt. sweatdrop And, nothing else it seems. Not that I, um, particularly mind or anything...

Noe: *Blinks* Huh? *Looks at herself* Oh! ....oh. *Arches a brow then purrs wickedly* Is that so... well... do you like it? *Sits up a bit to let him get a look* Well of course you do you're all red. *Can't help teasing him now*

Seth: *looks politely up at the cieling, still chewing on jerky* Well, um, yes, I kinda do. *must not look, must not look, must not look...*

Noe: *Slides into his lap and nuzzles* Aww don't be shy. I'm suppose to be your girl you SHOULD look at me if its attracting to you.... at least I hope I'm attractive. *Pouts a little*

Seth: *nearly falls off the side of the bed in surprise* I-I, um, what? o////o *shakes head to clear thoughts a bit* Um, yes, you are very much attractive, but- *can't help but purr a bit* Oh goodness. .///. *can't keep control much longer*

Noe: *Doesn't budge* Buuuut? *Prods him with a nibble to his ear, smiling with all that her kitty side can offer*

Seth: *moans and purrs strongly* Noe... Remember that talk we had a while back...?

Noe: Hm? Not sure if I remember... *Teases more* What was it about? *purrs*

Seth: I... it, uh... *can't focus* Oh screw it. *wraps his tail around Noe's waist and pulls her into a passionate kiss*

Noe: *squeals but doesn't struggle*

Seth: *purrs and lays her back on the bed* <3

Noe: Ack! *Pushes against him trying to get loose... face growing red by the minute*

Seth: *pauses reluctantly at the pushing* You're so cruel sometimes you know. *nibbles an ear briefly before sitting up again, taking a moment to compose himself*

Noe: B-but... *whimpers lightly* I liked it.. you just caught me off guard a little. *Nuzzles up to him* Can't help teasing you sometimes its so cute!

Seth: Mm. *leans into the nuzzling, eyes closed* ... Say, Noe, are you free Saturday night?

Noe: I should be. <3 *Continues to nuzzle* I don't have any plans.

Seth: *Smiles* Wonderful. Would you like to go to dinner then?

Noe: Sure. =^_^=

Seth: *opens eyes and smiles at the kuppy warmly* It's a date then. *kisses her tenderly*

Noe: Of course! *licks his nose in return* ...I love you. ^-^

Seth: *purrs* I love you too. *kisses once more and chuckles lightly* Perhaps you should put some more clothes on though before I can contain my love no longer.

Noe: Hm? *Blinks then remembers she's not fully dressed* Oh! *Jumps up blushing profusely* Sorry! Stop being so cuuuute! *flees to the closet for pants*

Seth: *can't help but laugh* Same to you, Noe. Same to you.

Kuuro Kitten

8,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Kuuro Kitten

8,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:28 pm
<<< PM RP: In Progress >>>
17 November 2009

*takes place after yet another fight between Seth and Hunter*

The cheetah Hyte muttered curses under his breath as he turned on the shower, letting the water run over him. In some areas the warm water felt soothing against his skin, but in others it stung sharply, causing the feline to hiss out another stream of profanities. Damn that ****ing raccoon. If he shows his face here at all tonight I'll be clawing it clean off.

The "business" that Seth had needed to attend to was to find Hunter and make him pay for hurting Haevan as he had. The two of them had duke it out behind the Hytech building for quite a while, and neither had gotten away unscathed. After the fight Hunter had gone off into the woods alone whilst the cheetah Hyte made his way back home. And now here he was, still seething about what all had gone down. Selfish b*****d. Gingerly, he worked on cleaning out some of the wounds that had penetrated the surface. Hm, I'll have to remember to throw away those clothes before Noe and Haevan get home... Well, before Noe gets home at least. Haevan is staying at Femi's. Again, he felt nothing but pure hatred toward the raccoon Hyte.

Noelani had gotten home a little early today. Depositing some groceries on the kitchen counter she sniffed out her beloved Cheetah. Having heard a buzz at HQ she felt it was best not to be home, however she couldn't help wondering if this feeling would involve broken furniture and windows. If so then this was a personal foul for both herself and Heavan. As she moved around the apartment she was thankful nothing was out of place, in fact, all seemed well. Good.

Heading for the bedroom however, proved a different subject. There were tattered clothing that she knew belonged to Seth scattered on the floor. From the bathroom she could hear curses spilling in waves, whispered words that were barely audible but meaningful just the same. With a knowing roll of her eyes she moved to the bathroom opening it silently as she leaned against the door frame arms crossed. Upon the last curse that left her Spotted King's lips she couldn't surprise the giggle. "While you're in there be sure to wash that mouth out... it's filthy."

Seth jumped a little at Noe's words, having been oblivious to her presence. He had been so absorbed in his thoughts that he had completely failed to notice her scent. "Ah, sorry about that, Love," he replied, cheeks red (not that she could see fortunately). "Um, I'll be out in just a minute."

Well, so much for throwing away his clothes before Noe got home. She was certain to have seen them by now, and he couldn't even make it over to his drawer to grab some fresh clothes to change into before she saw the evidences of the fight. Well, she would have found out sooner or later anyway. With an inner resigned sigh, the cheetah Hyte finished washing off before turning off the water and getting out. After drying off, he wrapped a towel around his waist and peeked the door back open to look at Noe with a faint smile. "I don't suppose you'd mind turning around for a moment while I get dressed? I didn't grab any new clothes before coming in here."

Noe arched a brow at his request, "Actually I do mind." That was that, if they were going to live together the least they could do was get used to seeing each other in various states of undress. Though after a moment her own cheeks began to turn a becoming rose. Coughing she pushed off the door frame and headed into the main bedroom flopping on the bed. Rolling onto her stomach she rested her chin in hands and waited.

He wasn't out of the fire yet but she would be patient. Seth didn't fight unless it was in honor of someone else and this time around she was dying to know who's honor her king saw fit to defend. Pouting at the thought she couldn't help feeling slightly jealous... wanting Seth to defend her honor only and no one else, though she supposed it was a quality she liked. All of his friends were important to him.

Seth was quite grateful when Noe padded off to the bed to wait. Grabbing a shirt and a pair of sleep pants, he quickly got dressed before hanging up his towel and joining Noe on the bed. "Thank you," he said, giving her a light kiss on the cheek. The whole event with Hunter had still rather soured his mood, but Noe's presence always helped to bring back some peace. "So... Did you have a nice day?"

"It was another day. Nothing to report..." She grinned. "How was your day?" she prodded completely brushing his inquiry of her day aside. This was surely not the time to try and butter her up. She wanted the goods... Now! "Anything interesting happen?" She added, in part, as a sarcastic after thought knowing all too well something had happened indeed. The why of it was what she was after.

Unlike Noe, the cheetah Hyte was not very smiley at all. "Define 'interesting'," Seth replied, ear flicking in irritation as he thought back on all that had happened. "If by that you mean Hunter's acting worse than usual, than yes, interesting things happened." The end of his tail flicked stiffly back and forth on the bed behind him as he suppressed the urge to growl at the raccoon's name.

She could tell instantly that playful banter wouldn't lighten his mood. Hunter had a way of pissing everyone off around him. It was just his nature but no less an excuse for him to get away with it then the next person. With a heavy sigh she sat up the action giving her a better look at the scratch and bruises he sustained. "Aww.. Seth why are you fighting him anyway?" She cooed moving to wrap around him gently. Licking at his cheek affectionately she nuzzled him close wanting to comfort him more then berate him for being so silly as to fight that violent mass of idiocy.

"Because he goes too far," he replied. The cheetah closed his eyes at the nuzzling, but didn't relax all that much. "... He and Haevan had it out. I don't know all the details, but basically he was being more of an a** than usual and hurt Haevan badly in the process." Had Noe been in the place of Seth, perhaps she might have done the same. Then again, perhaps not. It was impossible to always predict what one would do really.

Noelani sighed curling up next to Seth. "I know but.. well.. " There really wasn't much she could say to defend Hunter. Why she was defending him in the first place was beyond her. "I understand you're wanting to defend your friend but... can you please not get into it with him? I want you in one piece." Truth be told she didn't like it when Seth was so hostile it wasn't like him but maybe it was just another part of his nature.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:53 pm
<<< A Night to Remember >>>
20 November 2009
[ link ]

Seth finally pops the question but our dear kuppy gets everything all wrong and a big misunderstanding may spoil the big night. What will happen next?

Kuuro Kitten

8,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Kuuro Kitten

8,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:58 am
<<< Hunting the Bounty >>>
10 January 2010

*Synopsis*
Noelani has been a little antsy as of late. Apparently her career as a Bounty Hunter has been going along smoothly. With her schooling well underway and promising to give her more insight into the job; her boss has given her more leeway to explore her options. Will she be freelance or work with the local authorities to capture "fight or flight" bounties? Time can only tell, however, recent events have begun to unfold that don't bode well for the lone kuppy.

Holing herself up at the club house has given her longer hours at night alone, along with this she's been neglecting Seth a bit since their engagement. Perhaps she's been wanting to make more money to buy that perfect dress and save up for their wedding? Or maybe she's just been a bit nervous about the engagment? Whatever the reason it doesn't seem a good idea to be alone. No matter how much self defense classes she's had, one woman alone can't possibly hold her own against an army... can she?

As it appears her recent bounty had holed himself up in an abandoned warehouse. Following after him along with her boss and a small group, they cornered the guy. It was a victory short lived however, moments before their capture a bright light blinding the group and within that moment Noelani and the bounty was gone!

Searching the whole warehouse turned up nothing and after hours more of searching the boss decided there was nothing more they could do but wait. Returning to the club house they all tried to think of ways to explain what had happened but it all didn't make sense.

After waiting it out for days, a note finally reached the club house. Noelani had been kidnapped. With only a lock of her blond, blue and white hair as evidence (with hair so rare a color these days) it was all he needed. Taking the lcok with him, the boss contacted Seth, remembering that if anything should happen to her; he was to let her fiance know immediately.

And so... the tragic search for a missing kuppy begins.

[ once I get a chance to organize other RPs will be posted prior to this one so for now I'm stuck keeping things a little out of order past the engagment. Bare with me. <3 ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:56 pm
<<< Noelani has been kidnapped? >>>
11 January 2010

Boss had paced back and forth at The Clubhouse. It had been four days already and no other sign of Noelani had come up. Checking the scanners and many of his sources provided little solice for his worried heart. Moreover was his concern for the girl's fiance. She had made him promise not to inform Seth or he'd worry himself sick but he couldn't possibly just sit quietly. A few days ago he had to make up a story to ensure the Cheetah that the Kuppy was okay. Just taking on a special assignment that require a bit of radio silence. Only that wasn't true, and Boss was not the kind of man to lie blantanly to another.

Therefore he stood at the young Kuppy's apartment sighing heavily as he rapped on the door. So many different ways of putting this had run around in his mind. What had happened how it went wrong, who to blame (which he blamed himself.)

Said cheetah Hyte was currently sitting comfortably on the couch, idly flipping through one of his old books. It had been a few days since he had last seen or heard from Noe, and frankly he was starting to worry about her. Then again, he always worried about her when she went on any kind of assignment. Even though he always encouraged her to pursue her dream of becoming a bounty hunter, her career of choice never exactly rested comfortably in his mind. Fortunately the kuppy was often more than capable of fending for herself, which is why Seth could even have any peace of mind about her work in the first place.

His ears perked in slight surprise and interest at the knock on the door. Can't be Noe or Haevan, cause they would just use their keys, he thought to himself as he got up and walked over to the door. "Coming." When he opened the door he was more than a bit surprised to see Noelani's boss there. And just the slightest bit worried. "Ah, hello, Sir. Please, come in." Once inside, the cheetah Hyte closed the door and turned back to the guest. "Is there anything I can help you with?"

When the door opened he gave a soft nod smiling only from the warm welcome he got from the Cheetah. Really these Hyte species were quite beautiful he mused but quickly shook himself from those thoughts. "Thank you." He offered for being let in and quickly took a seat at the edge of the couch. Ringing his hands together he gave the cheetah a slight smile but it held no mirth for what he had to say next. "I'm sorry to be the barrer of bad news but Noelani is missing." He allowed a moment of silence for Seth to register this before continuing one. "We've managed to use our connections in hopes of finding any leads. The most we can go off of is the fact she is no longer in this world." That alone was hard to swallow but if a human gene can be merged with an animal gene then, an Angora/Retriever mix breed can travel between worlds.

"There's not much else that I can tell you. She had a new assignment she insisted on taking fully. I wasn't sure about it but her persistence is so strong. When the girl wants something she doesn't stop." And that was the honest truth. "At any rate we lost track of her a few days back. No leads could be found where we last tracked her whereabouts. Although not until yesterday, we received this." Handing over the lock of blond, blue white tipped hair, Boss gave the cheetah another moment to register things. The hair alone was unique no amount of people around Gaia had that hair, on top of that was Noelani's favorite hair piece. "We think the bounty she was after was a lure to get her alone and capture her. She may have been kidnapped. Though we have yet to figure out why or for whom the kidnapping is targeted." Boss was a good man but he really wished he'd followed his gut instinct on this one. "Do you know anyone else she might know outside of yourself. We don't want to believe they are after you through her... but it is a possibility."

At the news that Noelani was missing, the cheetah Hyte's stomach completely disappeared. He stayed dead silent as the boss continued on to explain the situation. She's... no longer in this world? That expression could be taken in a very unpleasant way, but he remained silent and continued to listen to the rest. Seth held the lock of hair carefully in his paws as he contemplated the man's question. "I... don't know anyone, no," he replied quietly with a small shake of his head. The only person he knew of that they knew from out of this world was Dyre, but it would make absolutely no sense at all for him to decide to kidnap her. Especially since from what Noelani claimed of her visit there he didn't even actually remember her. "... Where was her last known location?" he asked, fingering the lock of hair lightly in his hand.

"She was in town heading north. We lost track of her about 30mins after her last check in. That's all we know for now." Boss spoke solemnly wishing there was happy news to speak of than this. Standing he sighed heavily looking toward the cheetah with an apologetic gaze. "I regret that any of this happened but she loved her work. I'm very certain she's putting up quite a fight so don't lose hope. I will personally keep you informed if anything new is discovered." With that he gave a curt nod and headed for the door. "I'm sorry again for this." Pulling out a card he handed it to Seth. "Just call me if you need or find out anything."

Seth didn't answer, but simply nodded as he accepted the card from him. For a few minutes after the boss had left, the cheetah Hyte simply stood there, deep in thought. "She was in town heading north." Well, he thought, Might as well start looking there. Grabbing his keys and his coat, he left the apartment in a silent determination. There was no way that he was not going to look for her himself, even if there were already many others who had been searching the past several days. He would find her. Somehow.  

Kuuro Kitten

8,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Kuuro Kitten

8,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:58 pm
Message from Another World

All was silent in the house. No one seemed to be stirring much, or rather were they all doing other things that were more important? Whatever the case, the crackle of static emitted from the television in the living room. For a moment a flicker of something popped into view but then it was gone for a brief moment as well. The sound of someone trying to talk could also be heard through the crackling of static. "Hel-lo?" It sounded like a familiar voice but anyone could be mistaken. Again the television flickered with static but soon the vision of the kidnapped kuppy came into view. "Seth? Eli? Hunter? Is anyone there?"

She sounded as if she were in distress, in a rush to speak but whatever the case she continued on, hands pressed against the screen in fashion of actually being trapped in the tv and not another dimension. "I don't... I'm sorry! I messed up- they- are after me- I don't know who they- but I got away-" Her words were broken up flickering in and out with the static and the picture. "Can't keep running- find me, please! I don't know what-"

Soon the picture went blank but the noise continued, static, crackling and then she screamed. All went blank moments later. Only a small glint of something shinny remained on the floor. The engagement ring she'd been given by Seth.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:18 pm
<<< Into the Fire >>>
26 January 2010

*On the world: Rist - while the others are on their way to saving Noe!

"Just sit your little mixed tush right there little lady. You're going no where for a long while. Not until we figure this thing out." The rugged voice scrapped across the abandoned warehouse as he flung the young kuppy into a room slamming the door behind her. The only window a small peep hole which the faceless man sneered at the huntress from. "You thought you were gettin' away did ya? That's a laugh. And they call you a hunter?" He laughed with a disdain he held for all hunter types. Those damn hunters.... his mind reeled.

Glaring at the human and some kind of dog/cat mix. He couldn't believe what he saw. Was that what kind of world the girl came from, the man wondered? Shaking his head the peep hole wass hut with a snap leaving Noe in darkness save for a single dim light.

Curling up in the corner with an itchy burlap blanket she waited patiently. Someone would come for her she knew, Seth definitely would find a way... "Hurry." She whispered to herself in the darkness glaring at the peep hole. Somehow she had messed up. When it really counted she had gotten caught and not by chance either. Everything had been some elaborate plan to snatch her from Gaia and into this completely different reality.

Even though it had been planned she had found out the plan was botched. Horribly at that, and now here she was stuck in some kind of warehouse sell. If only she could hear what was going on. Who were her captures? What did they want from her if anything at all? And why go to such lengths? All of this didn't make any sense. She wasn't the best hunter, not yet at least, she posed no real threat unless provoked...

Sighing the kuppy just curled up bidding her time. When the time came she would utilize all her skills to escape again. She wouldn't take this laying down. Whatever or whoever it was out there after her, she'd get answers and make contact with her home world. Some how...

Kuuro Kitten

8,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Kuuro Kitten

8,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:15 am
Always Alone

After reading Seth’s last letter, Noelani set it next to the others on her desk. Still under lock and key she sighed silently to herself looking out the window that shown a blue moon. She wondered if her decision were the right one. Could anyone understand that she made the choice so it would be easier on him? Then again it really made it much harder for her in the long run. She hadn’t expected to be so alone in all this. After letting Seth go who was left to comfort her when she was sad and confused. Well it didn’t matter, she had suffered a similar pain like this once and she could go at it alone once more.
Curling up into a ball she lay on the bed waiting for the next event that she’d have to show her face or some conference she was needed. It was all a joke to her, the way the people treated those in high power. It seemed like the royal advisor held a little too much power in the way of what the royals were and weren’t allowed to do. While this place was abundant in magic none of the royals were allowed to experience these things. Upon finding out she had a latent ability they quickly had bodyguards at her side, almost as if they weren’t bodyguards but spies. Whatever she did was reported back to the Royal Advisor who quickly doled out punishment for her brash actions. Noe was never one to listen to authority but in this case she was supposed to be considered that authority and yet no one listened to her. Even Kuu was held under close surveillance, it was almost like living with her mother but she never had gotten a good dose of that lifestyle.

Thinking of her mother, Noelani wondered what the woman was up to. Had she learned of her break up with Seth by now? A secret smile etched her lips at the thought, of course her mother knew, she knew everything. The only question was to what extent? Somehow she figured her mother knew a lot more about the situation then she. For all she knew this whole thing could be a misunderstanding but all she could go by was the letters that Seth had sent her. He sounded sad and disappointed with her. Sighing she gave a laugh that was less humorous then she felt. To think she had messed up that engagement; he must have been so hurt by it. So many different scenarios played in her mind that she started feeling so much like the bad guy in all this. Had she really been such a horrible person?

“Well it doesn’t matter now. What’s done is done.” Trying to be strong she sat up looking at the blue moon once more. It was the only thing in this world that gave her solace; otherwise she’d have lost her mind a long time ago. It was then a knock at the door alerted her attention. “Yes?”

“My lady, you have a visitor.”

Arching a brow at this she wondered who on this world would come to her chambers. “Ah just a moment please.” Hardly dressed for company she quickly slipped on a robe of suitable taste before taking a seat on her bed. “Let them in please.”
Kuuro smiled as she entered dressed in the finest of robes. It was quite striking against her fair skin. “Hello Noe.” It seemed like forever since they last talked to each other, somehow Kuuro felt guilty for dragging Noelani here but she had no idea what to expect in a strange world all by herself. Watching the young kuppy made her regret her decision; she should be at home with her fiancé not here to coddle her surrogate mother. “I’m so sorry for dragging you here Noe, it must be a nightmare all these rules.”

Noe only shrugged flopping back on her bed as if it were nothing. “It’s not like I didn’t want to get away from Gaia for a while. I needed it but…” Truth be told she just didn’t know how to handle being around everyone after that incident with the bandits. Somehow she had found out what true fear was like and in that experience she didn’t want to be around anyone familiar, most of all she hated the idea of Seth seeing her so frightened and jumpy.

“You know if there’s a way I’ll help you get back home if you want. I’m sure if I speak with the advisor he’ll compromise. They have their queen so there’s no need for a princess.” She didn’t mean for it to sound as harsh as it did but the truth was the truth. They needed a legitimate heir birthed by the queen. Noelani was a little more than a substitute in this kind of situation but more importantly her latent abilities seemed to interest the advisor and the scientist quite a bit.

“I already told you it doesn’t matter. I don’t want to go back even if I could.” She looked out the window again, glaring now at the beautiful moon. “There’s nothing there for me. Somehow I’m no longer engaged.”

“What? How… what do you mean by this?” Kuuro pressed sitting next to Noelani on the bed. “Please tell me.”

“Seth was unhappy with my being here. I’d just assume he didn’t like how I did a lot of things but he was so kind to me that he never once complained. So I never worried about my actions… or maybe I was selfish I don’t know but his letters, they all sounded so sad.” She looked at Kuuro for a brief moment. “I just wrote back and broke it off with him.”

“Just like that, shouldn’t you explain what’s going on here? Isn’t there something you can do?” Kuuro seemed genuinely alarmed. They had been so happy together she hadn’t really thought they’d break up so unexpectedly like this.

“It’s okay. I’ve given it a lot of thought. Not once did he get angry with me no matter what I did or how I treated him he never raised his voice or expressed his feelings. Maybe I was naïve to think I could get away with anything I wanted with him but it somehow pissed me off that he wouldn’t show that one side of himself. I get angry, I cry, I can even be nice and loving but he just never got upset with me. Well at least to a point where he let loose.” She shuffled a bit on the bed curling under the covers as it was getting a bit cold in the large chamber. “I even had to provoke him once just to get a reaction out of him but even then he managed to calm down and turn things around. I think it’s better that he’s on his own now. He has a little growing to do as do I. Somehow he needs to learn how to be on his own and I need to learn how to trust people.” That was her logic at least for the time being, besides no matter how one looked at it, what was done was done.

“Even so don’t you think you should have talked to him about this? Aren’t you just as guilty for not telling him?”

“I tried. He doesn’t do well with being angry. The only other time I known him to flip was when Hunter kissed me but somehow I didn’t like the idea that it took that raccoon’s actions to do it.”

“You know this doesn’t make sense. Why do you want him to be angry with you?”

“I don’t want that. I just would have rather he told me about these things at the time rather than wait up until now to spew them at me in a letter. It’s cowardly! It’s so unfair! I don’t even get to defend myself or try to make it right. All I can do is accept it and just let him go.” She spat the last bit out as if it left a bad taste in her mouth. Curling under the covers she just wanted to forget about all this. It didn’t matter anymore, at the very least they promised to be friends but even that was something she wasn’t sure she could do. If she returned home now she’d do everything she could to avoid him. No staying here was the best at least she couldn’t feel anything in a dead place like this. Being treated like some frail doll was nothing compared to being forced to let someone she loved go. “I’m beginning to think that I’m not allowed to be happy. If they’re not running off and forgetting about me they’re cursing me silently and smiling in my face.”

Reaching out to rub Noe’s back Kuuro said nothing at first unable to put words to comfort her daughter but after a moment she sighed and spoke, “You know he loves you. I’m sure he didn’t mean anything by what he wrote to you, he was probably scared and confused. Being stuck here without being able to communicate is the worst it’s just as much my fault for dragging you here as it is for going but you have to understand that he’s not the kind of guy that speaks harshly without reason. I don’t think he wanted to leave you but you jump to conclusions so quickly, Noe.”

“I don’t care anymore! I give up! I get it already, I’m the worst there is. I’m fine with that but it’s just so unfair. I just wanted to talk to him to explain to him. Is it really such a crime to be scared all the time?” She questioned moving away from the comforting hand.

Kuuro sighed again but just sat there. “Noe, be reasonable about this. You broke it off not him, so if that wasn’t what you wanted why did you?”

That is a question for the ages. She didn’t respond bundling up more as if to escape the accusations. She had been scared too, confused and perhaps a little betrayed at all this. He couldn’t even wait to talk to her in person. Why hadn’t he said anything when she visited last time? Or when he even proposed or … the list went on. “I’m not mad because he wrote me those letters or even because he was secretive about his feelings. I’m mad because he didn’t even fight for me! He just let me go as if he had no say in the matter. I would have stayed behind if he’d been upset or even a little angry at me. He didn’t even fight over it. Not even long after I was taken away, he just up and lets me go!”

Kuuro gave a sad smile it was not one of humor but she could see Noe’s logic in it. Seth was just to gentle that he couldn’t have protested even if he wanted. She figured he wanted to be understand of her decision to leave but those two were still young and had a lot of growing up to do. “If you didn’t want to leave, Noe you should have said so. Playing these cat and mouse games is what got you in this situation. Don’t wait for someone to do things, you got to do it on your own.” Reaching under the covers she ruffled the kuppy’s multicolored hair. “As you said, what’s done is done but I’m going to help find a way to get you back. I want you to at least promise you’ll talk to him and be honest about how you feel. Make him understand what you wanted and be sure he explains the same to you. After that if the engagement is still off then at least there won’t be any misgivings."

Noelani only sighed she didn't want to talk anymore or think for that matter. All of this was out of her hands now. If Seth wanted her back he'd only need ask but she was fairly certain his kind heart would honor her wishes and leave it at that instead of fighting for something he desired. "Stupid, Seth..." she muttered wanting to just block out all the bad things and go to sleep.

Kuuro stood giving Noe a curt bow before knocking on the door to be let out. Really this place needed some changes and it was high time the queen took action. "Goodnight, my dear."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:03 am
Archives:
Nothing here is in order but I figured I'd grab what I could...

[PRP] Apartment Dwelling [X]
[PRP] The Hunt Begins [X]
[PRP] The Path to Another World [X]

Also all posts until the next page are compiled from previous RP.  

Kuuro Kitten

8,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Kuuro Kitten

8,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:09 am
<<< First Letter >>>

Hey Seth!

I thought it a good idea to write you while I'm out on a soul search. Sorry it's on such short notice but you know how Kuu gets when she's in a hurry. I think its best this way too, I wasn't really sure how to handle saying goodbye for so long. I'll miss you that much is certain but don't worry so much about me. Take care of everyone while I'm gone and don't get into trouble. You can be quite the little trouble maker if you're not careful.

As for my trip I suppose it's more dealing with Kuu's new job offer and her want to start fresh in a new town. I'm gonna help her move and do a little cleansing of my own in the process. When I'm ready to come back I'll be sure to let you know but I don't want you to feel like I've abandoned you. Not the case. I just need a little time away from the usual day to day grind so this is a perfect time to clear my head.

Although I'm gone I still love you but I don't want you clinging to me if you find yourself smittened by another. It's not an invitation to break out engagement but it is permission to explore should things go unplanned in your heart... (mine as well for that matter). I hope we can stay dear friends if anything changes when I return. By all means write me back I'll have a more permanent address once we've settled.

Until we meet again...

Quote:

Seth read over the letter a couple of times, the end of his tail swishing slowly behind him on the bed as he absorbed its meaning. Fortunately the two of them had discussed her trip once before she left, but it had admittedly been rather disheartening to one day return home and find most of her stuff packed and gone with no idea as to where she was other than ‘with Kuuro’. He had expected that she might be gone for a while, but from the way she was writing it sounded as if it might be much longer than he had anticipated.

What really struck him however was the last paragraph. “Smittened by another”? “Explore”? “Mine as well for that matter”… No, he could never imagine such a thing for himself, and it pained him to imagine Noe with another. But he had made a promise, both to Noe to himself, that if she ever wanted to part ways with him he would allow it.

Padding over to their desk, he picked up a pen and a fresh sheet of paper and began to write back.

My Dear Noe,

I am very glad to have heard from you, and I hope this return letter finds you well. I must ask though, since when have I been a trouble maker? XD I cannot help but worry about you, though I am glad that this trip will be of help to you. I miss you very much, but your well-being is what is most important right now.

When we first got together I told you that if you ever changed you mind about me I would go, and I will still hold true to that promise. Whether we become good friends or end up as husband and wife will be up to you, my love, but either way I respect your decision.

Do continue to write every now and then when you have time and let me know how you and Kuuro are both doing. I look forward to the day you are ready to return.

Love,
Seth

He placed the letter in a new envelope and sealed it before remembering that there was no permanent address. How was he to send it back then? Perhaps I could borrow one of mom's firelizards for the task, he mused, figuring that had a better chance of making it than by mail. The cheetah didn’t move to get up right away, sitting there thoughtful for a few moments more before finally rising with the letter. He should probably give his mom a call then to ask her to send a flit over. The sooner the better.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:12 am
<<< Port-Hole Drop In >>>
E-mail RP - 9/13/10 - 9/15/10

Quote:
It had been too long since last she got out. The first time she mistakenly took a Port-hole which brought her to the Hytech kitchen. There she got to see Hunter and was glad he was doing well. From the sound of things he hadn't caused too much trouble which was always a good thing.

Now that she was once again free, confiscating yet another port-hole object she wanted to be sure that this time she could visit Seth. “Alright! Take me home. I want to go home!” She confirmed and quickly stepped into the port-hole just as the door to her room was burst open. The exasperated look on Kuu’s face along with the royal guards was all Noelani needed to realize this might be her last chance. “Take me back!”

With all the glitter and glam that came from teleporting through such a contraption, Noe wondered if this were anything like how her brother felt when he trained with all that magical stuff? Ah well, by the time the light show was over she found herself laid out on something soft. “Hm?” It was really soft and warm, and with one eye open it had spots and… wait a minute! Sitting up she wasn’t surprised that she had landed on the object of her visit. It was more the fact that she landed on him in the middle of bathing rituals. “SEEEEETH!” Oh well the initial idea of being embarrassed could barely outweigh her happiness of finally being reunite, however brief it would be. “I missed you!”

Thus far it had been a rather uneventful day. Thankfully the seemingly unending migraine had finally passed, and the cheetah Hyte was able to function normally once again. He spent much of the morning researching job possibilities, but he was having little success thus far. It wasn't going to be easy finding a part-time job that met the criteria he needed at the moment. Just a bit frustrated with his lack of success and still quite a bit stressed about the whole jobless situation, he figured a shower might at least help to clear his head a bit before he continued the search.

Seth could have never anticipated such events as next transpired. Just as he was nearly done showering, there was a sudden barrage of sparkles—followed by his long absent fiancée being dumped atop of him. The cheetah Hyte was shocked to say the least, and any and all previous thoughts immediately left his mind. “Noe?!” he exclaimed, eyes wide in surprise as he stared at the kuppy atop of him, hardly able to believe she was actually there-- and with such an unexpected entrance. The surprise was quickly replaced with joy, however, and he smiled warmly at her greeting. “I’ve missed you too, Noe,” he replied, wrapping his arms around her in a loving hug. Of course, that was when he realized that the shower head was still raining water down on them both and that he wasn’t exactly ‘decent’ at the moment. “Of course, if you wished to see me so badly you didn’t have to ambush me in the shower you know.” He was joking, of course, but really he was just truly happy beyond belief to see her again. It seemed as if it had been so long...

“Oh hush you… I have a right to see you indecent or not.” Sitting up she helped the poor cheetah to his feet minding her eyes of other things. “I’ll… just be outside. Hurry up.” She demanded rushing out of the shower. Grabbing a towel on her way to their room she flopped on the bed glad to be home and more glad to have found Seth indecent an all, though she might have to adjust her use of the port-hole better.

While she waited she looked around the room, nothing looked out of place. Even her things were still as they were when she left, however many were left. She could only wonder if he resented her leaving so abruptly. Well even if he did she had a reason and being here now she could at least explain to him the situation. As crazy as it would seem too.

The cheetah Hyte was quick to finish up what was left of his shower, turning off the water and toweling off after. Now if only fur didn’t take so long to dry… Oh, screw it. He was dry enough.

Seth returned to the bedroom only a few minutes after Noe, quickly grabbing a pair of pants out of the dresser and pulling them on before joining her on the bed. “It would seem that you have a magic side of your own,” he remarked with a small smile, tail curling its way around her waist as it usually did. “Glad to have you home.” He didn’t know yet whether this was permanent or temporary, but he definitely hoped it was the former. “How have you been?”

Noe giggled glade to be home but she knew it was only temporary. The magic was too much for her to handle in one sitting and she’d be whisked back whether she liked it or not. “I’m doing good.” She replied looking around the room a bit skittishly. After a moment she calmed and hugged into him for comfort and support. “I don’t have any magic… well none I can actually use. I just have an affinity toward magic items and objects.” She explained. Though she wasn’t all that sure herself how it worked she just touched the things and images flashed in her mind all the goodies on how they worked. “What have you been up to baby?”

“Well, so long as you know your limits,” he said with a smile, running his fingers lightly through her hair as she snuggled into him. He had missed this. The cheetah Hyte had to chuckle though when she asked what he had been up to. “To much to remember it all likely,” he replied. “Mostly work and various trips to the Cottage, though things have been settling down lately. What about you? You and Kuuro spending a lot of time together?” That was why she had left after all, right? Or at least what he had heard about it thus far. “I do hope Ruby was able to find you with my return letter.” ‘Ruby’ being the little crimson firelizard with which he had sent the message, who was currently fast asleep on the couch in the living room. At least that was where he had left her before going to shower.

“Yep I got her message easily enough.” Given that she was being guarded 24-7 these days. The trip she thought she was taking with Kuu was slightly different than expected. A bit fun but also a bit too restricted. “Apparently Kuu’s memories are back and she happens to be a queen from some far off galaxy.” No wonder Noe was so into otherworldly demi-gods or what have you. She sighed and snuggled into him more. “Her mother is rather strict with me, being her adoptive daughter and all. Hell even Kuu isn’t the queen’s real daughter.” She smiled nudging Seth a bit. “And to top it off, Kuu put a spell on herself to forget who she was from the past. Only recently did she remember after my kidnapping. Those folks were from a neighboring planet that weren’t after me because I was a bounty hunter but they knew my connections to Kuu. They were going to ransom me off but no one knew that Kuu had forgotten her place.” Noe simply laughed, the whole thing was a stupid calculation on that brat’s falt. And to top that he lost the kuppy in the process to some bounty who were going to ransom her off to them … or something like that. Whatever the case it seemed a lot was going on where Kuu was concerned and Noe had to stick with it to clear her name. “I’m sort of using my abilities to better train myself. I might come back with souvenirs and despite what they want, I don’t want a throne or kingdom to worry over. I just want to be with you. So don’t worry. I’ll still be me once all this is cleared up.”

Seth listen in silence as Noe told the whole tale, and at the end he had to shake his head. “I think your family must be cursed when it comes to empires,” he remarked wryly, smiling faintly as he gave her a small kiss. At least what she described didn’t sound nearly as bad as the business on Phanes. And from what he had heard, it didn’t sound like there were any Ti’ama or Contractors or chaos taint involved either. “I gather from what you have told me then that this business isn’t over with. Do be careful, Love.” He hated the thought that he was going to have to part with her again soon, but for now he could at least enjoy their time together. However short that may be.

Noe nodded snuggling into his warmth for a little longer. She hated the idea of having to leave him but there didn’t seem to be much option. While she could use magic items they all had limits and once that limit was reached she was always whisked back to the palace a little dizzy but not without her bearings. “I’m not sure how much time is left on this thing. I can only activate it but with time and training I’ll be able to bypass the limit on items like this. Heck who knows I might be able to tap into magic portals without using objects its only a matter of feeling them out.” She could dream maybe or maybe not but there was a positive side to her magic training, she didn’t have to feel so inferior to her brother anymore. She’d show him eventually, and once she was confident enough, she’d have to challenge Hunter once and for all. Once she was able to get one over on him then she knew her training was complete. She could be a fully fledged hunter then. “I have heard through the grape vine that you’ve been hanging out with my family. So has anything interesting happen?” That was the understatement of the year. She knew her family was over the top but somehow she always seemed left out.

“Grapevine? I just admitted as much a few moments ago,” Seth replied with a laugh, amused by her way of asking. “Well, let’s see… Another virus escaped from your mother’s lab not too long ago. That was fun.” Actually, come to think about it he wasn’t even sure if Noe had been aware of the first one or not. He couldn’t remember if he had recounted that tale. “She’s figured out how to create temporary magic. Gives you sugar cravings like you wouldn’t believe though.” He grimaced at that, still disliking anything sweet on his tastebuds. “That was about the most recent major event. Otherwise I just visit on occasion.”

“Sugar cravings?” The idea of Seth liking sweets sounded well sweet but she doubted he approved. Such was the case, if only. “Sorry to hear that.” She replied but wasn’t sure how else to respond to her mother’s antics. The woman was a league of her own and then some. One just kind of had to roll with the punches and hope for the best where Mena was concern. Was it like that with her, Noe wondered? Oh well Seth had no complaints that she knew of so it all worked out. “Well as long as you’re getting along with the family then I won’t have to do too much once we’re married.” And all honesty she was thankful for that. No one disapproved which made it all the easier. By now she was beginning to get a headache the sign of the limit magic on the port-hole running its course. “Crap.” She muttered snuggling closer to Seth. “I guess I better get going. The limit magic is going to break and I hate being yanked back so abruptly, it’s really a pain.” In more than one way she thought. “I’m sorry I couldn’t be around longer but if I keep training I’ll be able to break this stupid limit and visit you however long I want.” Actually the point was to break the limit but that was left for another observation. “You take care of yourself okay.” Leaning in to give him a big hug and a lingering kiss she reached out her hand, summoning the port-hole. “Be a good boy while I’m gone.” She informed before slipping into the hole half her body floating in thin air. “I’m going to miss you lots!”

The sugar cravings honestly wouldn’t have been so bad had his taste preferences changes along with it as well actually, but that was only a minor down-side in the grand scheme of things. The cheetah Hyte was more than disappointed by the announcement she made soon after. “So soon?” he replied with a frown. The cheetah Hyte returned the hug and kiss, reluctant for them to break apart. “You take care of yourself, as well, Noe,” he said as she began to slip into the hole. “Train hard and visit again as soon as you can.”

“I’ll return some day. Just hang in there for me okay.” She had plans to hopefully bring him along one day so he could see Kuu’s world. It was by far beautiful. “I’ll keep in touch.” She informed and slowly slipping through the portal. With a sprinkle of light and color she was gone the whole disappearing with a simple. Pop!

“Good bye, my love,” he said quietly, a melancholy note in his voice as he watched her disappear through the portal. He had been so happy when he had seen her (despite the more than awkward circumstances), but it seemed a mere flash that she was already gone again. How long was this all going to last? Matters of royal lines never seemed to be settled quickly…

It was at this point that Ruby teleported into the bedroom and fluttered onto Seth’s shoulder, expressing her concern for him with light crooning and the usual emotional accompaniment. Why was he so sad when before he had felt happy?

“I’ll be fine,” he said with a sigh, stroking the flitter lightly on the head. It was silent between them for a moment before the cheetah Hyte realized something. “Hey you never told me you had to go to another planet to deliver that message,” he remarked in a mock accusatory tone.

The flit cocked her head, not understanding what he meant. She displayed for him an image of the kuppy female he had shown her. He asked her to take it to her, and she did!

He was amused by the nonverbal reply. “Yes, yes, you did well,” he remarked with a chuckle, stroking her eye ridges much to the flit’s delight. That had to have been a long trip Between though. Seth would definitely be using her again for future messages. He just hoped it wouldn't have to be for very long.

Kuuro Kitten

8,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Kuuro Kitten

8,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:16 am
<<< One Last Try >>>
10/30/10

Quote:
The cheetah Hyte had spent the night sleeping in the meadow, and by the time he returned home the next morning Dacj had indeed left the apartment, as promised. He was glad of this, for he didn’t really think he could face the kraken Hyte right then. Not for maybe a small while even. He strode over straight to his room and sat down at the desk, pushing aside his abandoned journal for now and getting out a sheet of letter paper. He needed to write this now before he lost his resolve.

Dear Noe,

I hope you have continued to stay well and that things are progressing smoothly with you and Kuuro. I write, however, not on mere matters of small talk this time.

Noe, I need to know where we stand. We have been engaged for nearly a year now, and yet in that year’s time it seems that we have not spent much time together at all. And now as you’ve been away for nearly four months—for reasons I understand—in that entire time span I have only ever received one letter from you, and my second letter to you has gone unanswered.

Do you truly wish to marry me? To spend the rest of your life with me? Thus far I have not seen much evidence to that point. In the beginning of our relationship, you said “I want to try”, and I was fine with that. We got together and it was the most wonderful time of my life. We’ve had so many good times together and things couldn’t have gotten any better. Eventually you began studying and working to pursue your career and I respected and supported that, even if it meant us not being able to spend as much time together.

Then there was our proposal night. You didn’t trust me at all and were a nervous wreck the whole time, even going so far as to suggest that we should “explore our options” and see other people. I didn’t say it then, but that hurt more than you can imagine.

Next of course came the horrible incident in January. I blame that on no one but your captors and I can’t even fully imagine what you must have gone through. Since then, however, things have been different. It felt like you had become even more distant than ever before, and even before your trip began we hardly spent any time together. And in your one letter, you once again brought up seeing other people.

Is your heart really in this, Noe? Not to be harsh, but have I merely been a substitute for Dyre this entire time, and not someone that you truly love? I want to make things work, but right now ‘things’ seem as if they are nonexistent. If you can’t respond to this right away I understand, but when you are ready to reply just call Ruby to you and she will come. Please, Noe, give me something to work with.

Love,
Seth

He looked over the letter he had just finished writing, checking it for errors or seeing if there was anything else that needed to be added in. No, that seemed to mostly cover it. Now for the hard part: finding the resolve to send it.

As if answering his unconscious calling Ruby flitted into the room at that time, landing on her master’s shoulder and nuzzling against his neck affectionately. The cheetah Hyte smiled faintly at the attention, and gave the small crimson a much deserved petting. “I have another job for you, Ruby,” he said, folding the letter and putting it into an envelope for delivery. The firelizard chirruped and waited patiently to be handed the letter. She knew the drill by now. “Deliver this letter to Noe, please,” he said, handing the firelizard the letter while sending her the familiar mental image of the kuppy. “And rest there as long as you need to before returning.” The crimson gave an answering croon before accepting the letter and taking off into Between. Once again Seth watched the spot where Ruby had disappeared, mind abuzz with thought.

All that was left to do now was wait.

My Dear Seth,

I never imagined I’d make you feel like this. Truly I wanted nothing more than your happiness but it appears I am incapable of doing even that simple task. Reading your letter has led me to realize a few things about myself, more importantly about us. Do you remember that you told me that if I ever felt like leaving you, that you wouldn’t be upset? I don’t know if it was my naiveté or just some part of me that remained forever in the past but I took that as an invitation to cling to you. That maybe you’d be there for me when the one person who I cherished couldn’t. I’ll admit losing Dyre was hard to deal with, it took me a long time to open up and even when you came into my life I wasn’t fully able to trust you. Somehow I probably never truly opened myself to you because I was still living in the past, hoping that someday he’d come back to get me. And that all those horrible nightmares would go away.

The interesting thing is that those nightmares did go away, quite quickly too. I realized soon that when I was with you I had a lot of fun. You were a far different person than Dyre. Kind and generous you were even patient with me when I wasn’t sure of myself. I wish I could return to you sooner, I just don’t have any way of escaping right now. My last escapade has put me on lock and key so getting a portal has become quite a problem and as for sending out letters I’m glad that your dragon friend found me again. The last time I tried sending you a letter they ripped it apart and I haven’t been able to send anything out since. I’m sorry if I’ve led you to believe I don’t want to communicate, I do but well… I won’t make excuses. You’re right about this; I should be more mindful of you and considerate. I should have found a way to send more letters.

So where do we go from here, Seth? I imagined things differently. I really did but perhaps it was suppose to be this way. I don’t think I’m any good for anyone. Somehow I could never let myself truly let go and be happy with you. In a way I felt like I was betraying him and then again maybe I let myself be a slave to a ghost… Wait a minute? Is that what it feels like for you? With me gone so often you feel like I’ve abandoned you and that maybe I don’t want to be with you anymore. It’s not true, Seth, I do want to work things out I do but you deserve better! We both deserve more but it will take longer for me to break free of my prison, so please don’t let me be your reason for being trapped. I want to return to you on good terms even if all we could ever be is friends. If you can bring yourself to wait for me then please do but I won’t fault you for finding your place in the world without me. It’s only fair for being so patient with me.

Not to change the subject… but did you know on this world they have a blue moon, it’s so pretty. I really wished we could have spent some time here together. I don’t really like their policies here, being royalty is really hard but the scenery is nice. I’m so sorry I failed you Seth, if you can forgive me some how I’d like to make it up to you but I just don’t know how. If I found a way to bring you here for a visit would you come? Even if you didn’t, I’m going to make a way for you. So if you don’t come I’ll know what you’re final answer is for us.

Always, Noelani

Quote:
Dear Noe,

First and foremost, are you being held there fully against your will? I can find a way to you if you are and bring you back home. You don’t need to be afraid to ask for help from those who care for you.

Secondly, if you still feel so strongly of betraying Dyre, why do you also wish to be with me? I don’t want you to feel trapped and guilty Noe, but I want you to be happy with whomever you’re with. If you can’t let yourself become fully happy with me, that is fine, I will accept that, but this state of limbo isn’t working out too well. We said we would give it a try and that is what we have been doing. I love you dearly, Noe, but if this relationship doesn’t work out then I am fine with only being friends.

And you don’t have to ask. Of course I would come visit you.

Love,
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:17 am
<<< Is This the End? >>>
10/30/10

Seth,

I’m fine. I’m not being held captive per se but because I broke the rules I’ve been punished. I can’t get a hold of any portals to come see you. My freedom has been cut short in a way but it’s nothing like my captivity from before, I assure you I’m perfectly healthy and sane. For worrying you so much I must apologize; I didn’t mean to make things sound unpleasant for you.

As for my feelings, Dyre is no longer in this world I know this and he will not come for me. He has forgotten everything involving me, this I learned when Hunter took me to his world. He knows nothing of me so there is no point in holding on to that, but I admit there has always been a part that held strongly to the hope that he was simply jolted from his trip home. Even now a girl can only wish that her first love would return? Is that so much a crime? Perhaps it is when faced with her current love right? I owe you a great deal of apologies for making you feel insecure about us. Don’t feel like you’re competing against him, there’s nothing to compete with. You were always by my side, he was not and as the wound weren’t enough in my heart he left Hunter behind as a constant reminder of his ghost.

I haven’t decided if I want to be with anyone or not. I know that I love you but I do wonder what kind of love I hold for you. Is this the same as what I felt for him or am I simply in love with the idea of having someone by my side? I don’t want to be disillusioned anymore so my being away from you right now has helped me to clear my thoughts a little. I’ll admit I do wonder what it would be like to explore other kinds of love but I’m too afraid to try. Another incident like before would probably break me. Then again perhaps I didn’t have enough time on my own to sort through my feelings before attaching myself to you. Maybe some time to myself is needed and maybe I’m just babbling. All I know is that you seem as though you are fighting with a decision. Is there something you need me to say to make that choice? Do I have to let you go so you can make that choice? If I must then I will do this for you, if my decision will make you happy in the end then I’m glad to have helped. Though the truth is that I’m very selfish and childish, giving you up is like admitting defeat to whatever your situation is. I don’t like losing to something I can’t see, Seth. Is that what I must do?

I lost someone forcibly once and now it seems like I must let someone go without knowing why or to whom? It hurts just as much as before but at the very least we can still see each other once I return, we can still be friends. You said so and so I’ll make you keep that promise. I’m sorry I can’t be a better fiance to you if whatever happens on your end doesn’t work out and I return, I promise if you propose to me again I won’t suspect you. I really feel horrible about that night; it was something that couldn’t be helped on my part I truly panicked! But…well maybe this is goodbye huh?

Always and Truly,

Noelani

Quote:
Well, at least she wasn’t being held a complete prisoner, so that was good at the very least. And in all honesty, other than in the beginning of their relationship he hadn’t felt at all threatened by the whole Dyre affair. He still didn’t, actually, but though not threatened by the man himself he couldn’t help but wonder about her true feelings. And it wasn’t as if he couldn’t empathize with the ‘first love’ bit to a small degree, but since his first object of affection had never moved past the level of a strong crush perhaps that is why it had been easier to let go.

As for the rest, he wasn’t trying to force anything at all. He just wanted to know where they stood, and whether she was still willing to keep to their commitment. But this was spiraling downhill quickly. With a sense of dread filling him, he began writing his next reply.

Dear Noe,

I am glad to hear that you are safe and sound, though I am sorry that your prior visit has cost you so much freedom. I do hope they give you more free reign soon, as I do not imagine being restricted to the point of being unable to even send mail is good at all.

In all honesty I am not trying to force you to make any certain decisions, Noe. I simply want to know where we are, and where we want to proceed from here. I have no other love than you, and all I want is for us to be together and happy again, as we were before. I understand that you may not be able to come home for quite some time, but if you think that you love me in a manner that you wish to spend the rest of your life with me (as more than just a friend) I will wait. There is no person or thing that you are ‘losing to’ here—this matter is strictly between us.

Is this really the end then? If you still love me, I will wait. If you don’t think our relationship is what it should be, then we will be friends.

Love,
Seth

Was this truly it then? After being together for nearly his entire life, did their entire future rest on the fate of a couple of letters passed back and forth between worlds? His hands trembled a bit as he folded up the letter this time. Noelani sounded just as confused on the matter as he did. Would she choose husband… or friend?

Throat too constricted to speak, he handed the letter to Ruby this time and only gave her the instructions in thought. The firelizard crooned comfortingly to him before taking off. In her absence, he took to stroking the now resting Drakell. All he could do was wait.

=======================

The Decision
10/30/10

As she waited patiently hoping another letter would come a knock at her door indicated lunch was ready. Not very hungry she couldn’t decline as was not allowed for the royals. Sighing she opened her window just enough for the dragon to get in when they returned. Leaving the room she went to have her meal thinking the whole time how unfair all of this was for Seth. He must have been feeling confused and rejected for her constant disappearing. If it weren’t for her own fears she might have told Kuu that she didn’t want to go and stay behind. They could live together and given she might have been preoccupied with studying but at the very least Seth could save her from drowning in it. As the situation currently stood no one could really save her; she had trapped herself and the only way out was to rebel against the kingdom at its people.

Lunch was lackluster as usual, a bit too spicy but necessary. Hurrying back to her room she was happy and nervous to see the dragon resting on her bed with the letter near. Giving the familiar dragon a peck she let her rest while apprehensively opening the paper. Reading it was hard enough but responding would be even more so. Somehow she could sense he needed to be free from her. With a less then warm smile she wrote him back the whole time concealing in true misgivings about letting him go. Selfish or not she still loved him very much but he didn’t deserve to be treated so neglectfully. “I hope you’ll forgive me in the future but for once I’m going to lie to you.”

Quote:
Seth jumped a bit when Ruby finally reappeared into existence before him. He hadn’t moved from his seat since she had disappeared, afraid he might miss her return. During the wait he had been having an inner war with himself. Which would she choose? Surely… she would choose to try to work things out, right? She loved him, she had agreed to marry him, surely her feelings would remain true. But despite how much he tried to convince himself of this, he couldn’t help but dread that she might go the other way.

The cheetah Hyte almost didn’t want to take the latest letter that Ruby had brought him. It was with still shaky hands that he accepted the paper from the crimson before she settled herself onto her shoulder to snuggle against him and rest. Opening the letter, amber eyes slowly scanned over the words written therein.

Hello again,

Seth, my friend and my love, I hope you won’t hate me for making such a decision but as things are going now we just cannot hold on to something that isn’t going to work. I have no idea how long I’ll be away and it is unfair to you to wait for me. Despite anything I may have said or done in the past I love you dearly but it must come to an end now. Be free to do as you please, enjoy life, go out and get some sun and have fun. I’m sure there are others at Hytech that would love to spend time with you. I hope we can still be friends no matter what happens. Even if you refuse I’ll always consider you a kind and gentle person; you really were kind to me and for that I’m so grateful.

I’m just so glad that there’s nothing making you leave me, it would hurt too much if you made any sudden decisions without talking to me directly but as things stand we really don’t have a choice. I’m happy with being your friend if that’s what you want. I hope what you wrote earlier wasn’t a lie, I’d love for you to come visit once I find a way but I understand if you cannot.

Well I won’t keep you waiting any longer. I apologize again for not being a better fiancé but maybe I can focus my training now. I want these people to like me better to let up on their policies and rules. Maybe then I can have a little more freedom. At any rate I suppose this will be the last letter I send to you then. I wish… Nothing. You just be a good little cheetah, okay?

Love, Noelani

Quote:
This… This couldn’t be happening. It was really over? Just like that? The woman he had been in love with for over half of his life, and they were now only friends? His eyes suddenly burned as if they were on fire, and in his body’s attempt to extinguish the pain hot tears ran in excess over his lids and down his face. Both firelizards reacted instantly, crooning softly to him and projecting comfort as they snuggled against him, but he wasn’t paying much mind to the miniature dragons.

It wasn’t supposed to be this way. Wasn’t supposed to end this way. They were to have been wed in July. What had happened? Why had they grown apart? It was true that he had basically signed himself up for this since the beginning, but it hurt so much more than he could have imagined. He didn’t have it in him to write a reply just yet—the writing likely would have been illegible. Standing up from the desk chair, Seth padded over to their bed—to his bed—and curled up there with the two crooning firelizards who remained by his side. He was glad for their company at least, even if firelizards were the biggest gossips around.

Kuuro Kitten

8,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Kuuro Kitten

8,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:19 am
<<<< The Gathering >>>
PM RP - 11/30/10 - 12/01/10

Quote:
It had been about a week since Hunter had come by to cheer Noelani up, she hadn’t expected him to end up in her closet like that but it was well deserved. Giggling even now at the memory she snuck past the last guard to the trinkets room to retrieve her favorite tool. The port-hole was sitting enclosed a glass case with all the other scientifically inspired magical items. She smiled realizing that no one had thought to put better security around this room where she was concerned; shrugging she didn’t mind so much it made it easier to deal with. Removing the glass case and holding the item in hand she smiled, pleased with the small buzz of magic she could feel from within it. “Alright you’re going to get me back to the apartment so I can get my things.” She whispered to the contraption willing herself to think of the small apartment she had shared with the others. Man how long ago had it been when all four of them had lived there? By the time that thought ran its course she found herself standing in her former room, a sad smile made its way across her face but she didn’t let it linger as she began looking around. The clock on the night stand alerted her to the time which gave her mid-afternoon which was fine with her, “Good Seth shouldn’t be back for a while. I have time.” And with that in mind she hurried around for her things, surprised to find them not where she had left them but in the closet nicely packed. “Hm?” Well it saved her time but it also made her a bit sad, he obviously was moving on but then so was she, right?

Unfortunately for Noelani, Seth’s schedule was a bit less set in stone than she had last remembered. Actually, even when he had worked at the store it had been a bit erratic at times, but still not as varied as it was now. He had gone over to his mother’s earlier in the morning to help out with things, but today had proved to be one of those rare slow days where most everyone kept to themselves and there was naught much to do. Thus, after taking a while to train a bit at the park, he was now returning home. Well, returning to his current residence anyway. Not much of a home now, was it.

Once he walked in the door, the cheetah Hyte was more than a bit surprised by the scent he caught. Noe? Well, that was certainly an unexpected surprise. He hadn’t had any contact with her since... Yeah... May as well find out what’s going on then, he thought to himself with resignation, though part of him wasn’t sure if he was even ready to face her just yet. Well, it wasn’t as if he really had a choice at this point. Making sure first that he was fully composed, he silently padded over to the bedroom and opened the door to step in. “Hello, Noe.”

Noe was busy putting the few boxes in the port-hole when she heard the door from the other room. She had been about to make a quick escape but then thought better of such a cowardly thing. Seth deserved more than her running away from him all the time and this was no different from any other time. Though she had another box that remains in the closet she didn’t bother with it right now deciding to use it as a means to stick around if only for a moment. Her first initial thought was to make excuses but then she’d never been one for doing that. Instead she waited standing by the desk that had Seth’s journal sitting on it. A small smile creased her lips, if she were a mischievous person like that she might have read it but that just wasn’t her still instead she only briefly let a paw run across it before Seth entered the room with a simple greeting. Turning she tried smiling but it didn’t seem to turn out that way, thinking maybe she’d made a move far too soon and just wasn’t ready to face him she quickly brushed at tears. “Hello, Seth.” She replied back angry for being her poor timing and unexpected reaction to facing him. “It’s been a while.” But not nearly long enough.

She was crying? What? Why was she crying? She was the one who said they should just be friends! “Mm. A month since we last spoke,” he agreed, unsure of what to do or say. Should he ask why she was crying, or would that make her only more upset? Should he pretend not to notice, or would that make him come off as heartless? There was no real good way of going about any of this. It was probably too soon still. “Are you alright?” Well, clearly not, but he was more indirectly asking her to elucidate than to really say if she was alright or not.

She couldn’t begin to understand why she was crying it wasn’t like he broke it off with her. She knew it probably was insulting to be facing him in such a state but what’s done is done. “I’m sorry.” For the tears, as she quickly brushed the last treacherous drop away. “I didn’t expect you back so soon. I was just collecting my things then I’ll be on my way. Don’t worry I’m alright.” She offered with a mild smile. “How have you been?” Even though it wasn’t the best thing to ask it was all she could think for now while hurrying to gather the last box.

Ah, her things. It was probably a good thing that he had packed them away then... Did that make this final? Was she really just going to disappear off again as she had before? “I’ve been keeping busy,” he replied, not lying, but not answering her question in the manner that she was most likely asking of. “There’s been a lot of activity going on about Hytech recently. Several new children and tweens around.” Ah, right, they had never really discussed having kids much, had they. Well, that was pretty much straight out as well. He was having to force himself to stay perfectly numb just to get through this conversation. Hm, now if only he could mind blast himself... There was a consideration. “I do hope they are treating you better over there. Have you regained any freedom at all?”

“Oh new additions to the shop, I’m glad to hear it.” She was but not as happy as she would have liked. It was too bad she couldn’t go to see them but it was probably best they interact with the others, she was hardly good company right now. Thankful for his keeping busy she preferred not to ask more considering he didn’t given anything extra to begin with. How the hell were they suppose to be friends with this stifling thickness between them. It was starting to give her a headache, so much so that she almost didn’t get the last of what he was asking, “Huh? Oh, yeah things are fine.” She left the rest vague it right to tell him that she’d snuck back out again, she had to hurry and return or they’d come swarming in like flies to retrieve her if they knew she had escaped. A half snort left her at the thought, so now she was escaping back here from a place she used to escape from this place initially. Ironic really.

“Mm.” Stifling seemed a bit of an understatement really. His mind was abuzz with thoughts, yet he still couldn’t figure out what he should say. Or what he even wanted to say really. “I’m glad. Noe... I hope you can be happy there.” Unlike here with me, he thought acridly, although the acridity was directed more at himself than at Noe. He sincerely did want her to find happiness somehow. She had already been through so much in the past two years; she deserved a break.

Gathering the last box she threw it into the port-hole her back to Seth at this point. “You know I didn’t come here with the idea that you’d pop up but since you’re here. I’m sorry. There’s a whole lot I wanted to say in those letters but you sounded so upset with me that maybe it was better I just let you go. So I did.” She didn’t turn to look at him although she wondered if he were angry for her even saying so. “I don’t know. If the situation was different and you told me all that face to face I wouldn’t have let you go, Seth. Somehow I’d try to work things out, listen to you more, spend time with you more… anything would have been better then what it is now.” But that was in the past what’s done is done. “I’m going to try and improve myself; I realized that I’m just too selfish to be any good to anyone right now. I don’t deserve to find happiness if I’m not even happy with myself.” It was then she did turn around with a gentle smile, tears swimming in her eyes. “I just wanted to apologize for hurting you and I hope we can really try to be friends, Seth. I hate this horrible atmosphere.”

Wait, what?! “Noe, I never wanted us to end things, I just wanted us to work them out,” he said, ears drooping a bit. “And how could I have said any of that face-to-face when we hadn’t seen each other in a month and a half? And even longer prior to that. Is communication via letter even less desirable than no communication at all?” Seth had to pause for just a moment. He hadn’t taken the antidote yet from his earlier training, and he had just noticed that the control over his rang of ‘hearing’ had been slowly slipping during the course of the visit. He fixed that quickly and continued on. “And I honestly don’t know what you thinks needs improving. I love you just as you are.” No, she was not perfect, but nobody was perfect. Hell, he didn’t even want to think about how many troublesome flaws he himself had. The list would grow depressingly long very quickly.

“But… I thought…” See this is why communication through letters is strictly prohibited between couples, she thought. It simply didn’t help. He sounded so sad and withdrawn, she thought maybe he needed time to himself – not that he wasn’t already getting it. “I’m sorry… I’m sorry! I couldn’t tell, I didn’t know but still there’s no going back right now. You’ll just be upset with me for being away for so long.” This was all too frustrating but part of it was a relief he didn’t seem angry with her more upset and frustrated like she was. The tears spilled with ease now but she still couldn’t help brushing them away quickly, “Look at me! Everything about me is horrible! I’m a complete wreck, running away like that just after you came to get me from those people. I was so scared and ashamed, maybe I was selfish too… I’m sorry.” It was far too soon to come back now. She hadn’t thought she’d break down so easily around him but she wanted to be the strong woman that she always was, it just seemed like a distant memory after all this. “I have to go!”

Without even thinking about it Seth closed the gap between them and enveloped Noe in a tight embrace. “Don’t you ever feel ashamed about what happened back then,” he said fiercely, quietly. “It is natural to be afraid, but don’t be afraid of those who love you. We will always be here for you.” He gave her one last chaste kiss atop of her head before he pulled away, re-establishing the space between them. “Good-bye, Noe.”

That small phrase hurt so much to say.

She remained stiff while he hugged her unable to trust herself to let go if she followed through. Instead she just cried ignoring the fact that she hated to show such a weak side of herself. All the running and hiding had only be a direct product of the abduction and somehow she thought she wasn’t the same person after that. Heck she hardly felt as strong and fearless. Crap and here he was hugging her after she had so easily broken it off with him. “I don’t deserve you.” She thought aloud moving back toward the port-hole. Rather than saying goodbye she offered something else, “We’ll see each other again.” With those last words she disappeared into the port-hole.

And then she was gone. The port-hole had closed and there was not a sound to be heard save for the quiet ticking of the clock out in the living room. Seth stared into the empty space for a few seconds, but it was not long at all before everything caught up to him. All of the pain and emotion that he had been holding back since he first caught her scent upon returning home... His own tears ran freely now, and he crumpled down onto the bed as what little had been left of his telepathic control let loose, range stretching out far beyond the empty apartment now. His head was filled with a cacophony of thoughts from those around, but for once he welcomed the noise. It helped to drown out his own thoughts.

Whatever brave face he wore was a lie. It was always a lie.

HyTech: HYTE Directory | Certificate Threads/RP Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff