Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
New To WitchCraft. [Wanna Help Me?] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ncsweet
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:37 pm
Yes and No - the topic itself is general enough that it can contain almost any discussion and still be "on topic" (as long as it relates in some way to witchcraft). The OP did ask for book suggestions and unfortunately SRW was one of the ones mentioned - which is how the current conversation came about.

But you are right - any further in-depth discussion of it should probably be moved to one of the existing SRW? / SRW threads.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:30 am
Ho I'm 14 and also new to witchcraft and I came here to find my starting point and all I got was this huge debate that didn't help me at all so I'm asking now where do I start  

bexi1

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:18 am
bexi1
Ho I'm 14 and also new to witchcraft and I came here to find my starting point and all I got was this huge debate that didn't help me at all so I'm asking now where do I start

Read a lot, I suppose. That tends to be where everyone starts out.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:58 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
bexi1

Read a lot, I suppose. That tends to be where everyone starts out.

agreed read up and find which path seems to call to you ^_^  

surukio

MoonStone Harmony

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:37 am
Dear Bexi1,
If you post you're question in the forum section I guarantee you will be help, just as I was. (: Maybe we can work together on this,
we can find each other books that have bundles of information.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:20 pm
One of the best things ever recommended to me was to read. Just read and think about what you agree and disagree with. If it rings true to you then listen, if it doesn't learn to recognize it so you can avoid it in the future.

Some really amazing books that you can get on Amazon for cheap are:
A Witch Alone
Earth Magic by Diane Winestein

They are not any one tradition per say but they help you develop your own values and gives you a good starting place.

BB  

The Fanfiction Nymph

Ruthless Sex Symbol

12,825 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:32 pm
A witch alone really frustrated me. Her history is so off base as to be utterly bizarre, she contradicts herself and the homework she gives isn't sufficiently explained to actually be done.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:55 am
Sanguina Cruenta
A witch alone really frustrated me. Her history is so off base as to be utterly bizarre, she contradicts herself and the homework she gives isn't sufficiently explained to actually be done.

Oh good! I'm not the only one.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

ii-r-b e a s t

Desirable Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:42 am
Everyone finds their way
throught diffrent methods. If she found hers through a fiction book with "good" information. i say more power to her. its rude to degrade others
on what you believe. she was just stating something that helped her, and frankly i appriciate it. im sad to say that almost every post you've made has been
rude and cutting at her, frankly i found every post discusting. if you really follow wiccan or pagan ways, you should know that its wrong to act that way. you should
be helping her, not tearing her down. we nurture and praise the earth and everything in it. Im positive that goes for our fellow humans. anyway, this topic Clearly
states that it is for those who want to LEARN. if you can't help maybe your in the wrong guild? No one in here has a right to be judgemental about how or what
another used to to find their own way. thats like me mocking your entire family because i think the type of clothing you wear is ugly. Guide others in the right
direction, simly cutting them down and telling them eveything they worked on is rude. you'd be angry if it happened to you. before i get to angry at the rudness
displayed here i will leave but im going to make every rude thing you said bold, and hope the next time someone sates something you dont agree with you can,
gently, give them a better resourse or show them (in a non-degrading way.) why that particular source is not as good as it could be, and could lead the learner
astray.

oOGarrettOo
Do NOT refer to Silver Ravenwolf as a source on ANYTHING. Especially not Wicca and/or witchcraft as she knows naught on either of these topics, effectually using them synonymously, which they are not. Considering that Wicca is a mystery religion, and Witchcraft is a practice, and both are completely different things, anyone who uses the terms synonymously can be easily dismissed, as they should be. Common sense. Also, using a fictional story as a source for factual information is a very, very large oxymoron. Fictional stories are fictional, and while there may be fact in them this fact is usually stretched to fit the story where need be.

In other words: fictional story =/= factual information.

Also spellsandmagic.com is a joke. I was laughing at page one.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:40 pm
ii-r-b e a s t
Everyone finds their way
throught diffrent methods. If she found hers through a fiction book with "good" information. i say more power to her. its rude to degrade others on what you believe.

Please do not use a font that large. It's pretty much like yelling. I think you sort of missed Garrett's fiction =/= fact point, though...

Quote:
she was just stating something that helped her, and frankly i appriciate it. im sad to say that almost every post you've made has been
rude and cutting at her, frankly i found every post discusting. if you really follow wiccan or pagan rules, you should know that its wrong to act that way.

What Pagan rules are these, and why haven't I heard of them?

Quote:
you should
be helping her, not tearing her down. we nurture and praise the earth and everything in it. Im positive that goes for our fellow humans.

Don't speak for what Garrett believes.

Quote:
anyway, this topic Clearly
states that it is for those who want to LEARN. if you can't help maybe your in the wrong guild?

Garrett's an old regular. She's definitely in the right guild. If you'd prefer a guild where everyone sat around patting each other on the back, perhaps you're in the wrong guild. This place is fairly calm and helpful but when someone decides to be wilfully ignorant for far too long, people tend to get annoyed.

Quote:
Guide others in the right
direction, simly cutting them down and telling them eveything they worked on is rude. you'd be angry if it happened to you. before i get to angry at the rudness
displayed here i will leave but im going to make every rude thing you said bold, and hope the next time someone sates something you dont agree with you can,
gently, give them a better resourse or show them (in a non-degrading way.) why that particular source is not as good as it could be, and could lead the learner
astray.

Uh yeah, did you think we hadn't done that? There are like three Ravenwolf threads. There have been long discussions. At any rate, nearly all of what you've bolded isn't at all rude, and the last one is a teeny bit rude, but also true enough. On the other hand, your tirade, having had no experience here at all, was pretty rude.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:20 pm
ii-r-b e a s t

anyone who was brought up in the wiccan way should know to pomote peace and well being in others.

What is "the Wiccan way", and how can one be brought up in it? is it not a part of Wicca proper?
Why would "the Wiccan way" be applicable to those who are not Wiccan?

Quote:
Again, i never once invoked anyone else. just this kid. i haven't said anything that should in anyway cause you to react in this manner. i was speaking to him. not you.

Garrett's not a kid. And if you speak to Garrett in this way, you speak to me also. You speak to quite a few of us. No man is an island, eh? We all contribute to these conversations. If you're not going to bother to read the whole conversation, you shouldn't make a comment on it.

Quote:
hunny i've been and studied wicca for over 15 years, i have all the experience i need to post in this poorly informed guild.

By what virtue is this guild "poorly informed"? What tradition are you?  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games