Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Anti Western Cosplayers? Wtf?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tokkitoria

Brainy Bunny

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:20 am
I know there are many people (aside from trolls), specifically none anime fans/con goers/cosplayers, who feel that anyone who's not asian should not cosplay. Then again, they're not fans, so it kind of seems strange for a non fan to be saying what is and is not acceptable :/

I think as long as you make an effort you're alright. If you're unrecognizable, then you probably didn't make much of an effort because if you did you probably would be.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:10 am
ignore it just like some others say he probably indonesia and wants to be japanese himself and its buas that he picked all the large CRAPPY cosplay since i seen some big people work it out with AMAZING cosplay. Bascially in a nutshell everyone is sterotpyical seem everyone assume something about someone becuase of what you heard about thier culture and thier appearence when you first meet them and that the fault of your parents and television but being a RASICIST when you think your race is better is just plan stupidity i assumed that asian are smaters becuase of the ignorant things i heard that put people say and put on tv and supposedly statics but to assume im better than you becuase im black and americain . . . . . THATS just wrong . . . . GTFO overconseeded asians your making the humble ones look bad  

Shymedusa

Interesting Entrepreneur

6,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Full closet 200

I_Luvs_Puppets

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:23 am
Sigh don't let guys like this get to you. They're just elitists who think they're better than everyone else and it's really not gonna do much to argue with him.

I did however leave him this little comment and I'm quite curious to see if he'll respond. Probably not but it's worth the thought of him reading it at least. As you can see I'm not exactly a fan of bashing I prefer killing with kindness and politeness. ^^

Quote:
". . . . Does this mean Asians can't wear sailor fuku's since the design was originally from the American and British navies that came to Japan? By your logic this would be the case.

Also It seem to generalize all westerners as evil. Yes I'm American but what have my /eastern/ European ancestors done to Asians? I'm Lithuanian through and through and I highly doubt any Lithuanians have massacred Asians.

Also as for Hetalia wouldn't it make sense for someone from their respective country to cosplay as their country? For example if I, as and American, cosplayed /America/ OR if I as Lithuanian were to cosplay Lithuania. WHo are both definitely not Asian.

I do not intend to seem rude when I say this I'm genuinely curious about what your opinion is on this so if would so kindly respond I would be very appreciative. ^^"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:16 am
Godess The Hyper Fangirl
I know there are many people (aside from trolls), specifically none anime fans/con goers/cosplayers, who feel that anyone who's not asian should not cosplay.

They do that because they have an Asian Fetish.
Now-a-days, Asian is the sexist race because they are short and small framed... that's the "in-thing" right now.  

ll dell Orso ll

Tipsy Gawker

AshleyCarnival

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:47 pm
This guy makes me sick. Why do we have to define eachother by our race? Why does it matter what color of our skin is? Raceisum is one of the things I hate most! There is no point in it at all! People like him is what keep this world form geting alonge. I wish I could do something about him, but that would be takeing away his freedom of speach.((Something us "dumn" westerners came up with!..Just saying! sweatdrop )) I could rant about this all day, but than I would be spending to much time on someone who does not deserve! talk2hand  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:02 pm
I_Luvs_Puppets
Sigh don't let guys like this get to you. They're just elitists who think they're better than everyone else and it's really not gonna do much to argue with him.

I did however leave him this little comment and I'm quite curious to see if he'll respond. Probably not but it's worth the thought of him reading it at least. As you can see I'm not exactly a fan of bashing I prefer killing with kindness and politeness. ^^

Quote:
". . . . Does this mean Asians can't wear sailor fuku's since the design was originally from the American and British navies that came to Japan? By your logic this would be the case.

Also It seem to generalize all westerners as evil. Yes I'm American but what have my /eastern/ European ancestors done to Asians? I'm Lithuanian through and through and I highly doubt any Lithuanians have massacred Asians.

Also as for Hetalia wouldn't it make sense for someone from their respective country to cosplay as their country? For example if I, as and American, cosplayed /America/ OR if I as Lithuanian were to cosplay Lithuania. WHo are both definitely not Asian.

I do not intend to seem rude when I say this I'm genuinely curious about what your opinion is on this so if would so kindly respond I would be very appreciative. ^^"

i totally understand your mature approach to this a-hole unfortunately im not XP so im going to take the better non bashing approach as you did and ignore him  

Shymedusa

Interesting Entrepreneur

6,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Full closet 200

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:50 pm
He is probably only looking 4 attention. I would kick his butt if he told me that 2 my face, but then I always remind myself that would only make me look worse as a person.
I have been a victim of racism, by a white cop (no personal grudge against any white ppl) so I have been there, I have also been a victim of racism by people of my own race (which is weird and dumb). So, it is nothing new 2 me, and I think there is no point in arguing because it usually makes things worse or ur words don't get through.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:11 pm
Charmful IncarnatE
Godess The Hyper Fangirl
I know there are many people (aside from trolls), specifically none anime fans/con goers/cosplayers, who feel that anyone who's not asian should not cosplay.

Now-a-days, Asian is the sexist race because they are short and small framed... that's the "in-thing" right now.

Which is really annoying because all are stuff is being made there and my shoes are like the size of a pixie.  

One Flew The Cuckoos Nest

OrangeWhip

3,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:20 pm
Charmful IncarnatE
Godess The Hyper Fangirl

Yea pretty much. I got many friends with "Yellow Fever." Asians are pretty hot though.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:19 pm
Proud Asian Kid.  

Chewyness

Lonely Regular

13,800 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Junior 100

tokkitoria

Brainy Bunny

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:43 pm
OrangeWhip
Charmful IncarnatE
Godess The Hyper Fangirl

Yea pretty much. I got many friends with "Yellow Fever." Asians are pretty hot though.
I have to admit myself and some friends are guilty of it. We actually had a lengthy discussion on if there are really ugly asians. We came to the conclusion that there are hot asians and average asians, but no ugly asians.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:17 pm
Godess The Hyper Fangirl
We came to the conclusion that there are hot asians and average asians, but no ugly asians.

I really hope you are joking. =.=''

Aurora Sonata

Cute Hero

Hotaru230

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:57 pm
Godess The Hyper Fangirl

I think as long as you make an effort you're alright. If you're unrecognizable, then you probably didn't make much of an effort because if you did you probably would be.
er

not trying to be rude, but I've had some really good costumes that weren't that recognized. mostly main stream very popular stuff is recognized and it depends on the con you're at too.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:40 pm
Aurora Sonata
Godess The Hyper Fangirl
We came to the conclusion that there are hot asians and average asians, but no ugly asians.

I really hope you are joking. =.=''

How old are you, GTHF?
Because there are some UGLY ASIANS OUT THERE.  

cuvier

Fashionable Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200

OrangeWhip

3,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:18 am
Godess The Hyper Fangirl
OrangeWhip
Charmful IncarnatE
Godess The Hyper Fangirl

I have to admit myself and some friends are guilty of it. We actually had a lengthy discussion on if there are really ugly asians. We came to the conclusion that there are hot asians and average asians, but no ugly asians.

Haha you got a point there! whee  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces